Page 27 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: KAMALHAASAN in ||"Thoongavanam"|| Rajesh M Selva || Ghibran

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many in tamil cinema or indian cinema has attempted a story like hey ram or virumandi ?..Even Vishwaroopam is one of its kind war movie..We cannot just categorize alavandhaan or hey ram or Anbe Sivam or Mumbai express or Uttama villain..films with no direct villain into this category.. these are films if made with less salary (no kamal ) would be successful films.. this is the point he made in simply kushboo..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shwas View Post
    How many in tamil cinema or indian cinema has attempted a story like hey ram or virumandi ?..Even Vishwaroopam is one of its kind war movie..We cannot just categorize alavandhaan or hey ram or Anbe Sivam or Mumbai express or Uttama villain..films with no direct villain into this category.. these are films if made with less salary (no kamal ) would be successful films.. this is the point he made in simply kushboo..
    shwas,

We all know about his greatness and thereby his fans .. As fans, most relished even his darkest movies like Mahanadhi which incidentally is my favorite as well. My original point was about his connecting to people and giving real commercial hits inclusive of everything - with everybody profitable and happy from the theater owners to the original producers. In that category I felt in the last 10 years timeline, only 50% did it.

I'm also not sure if PKS and Panch were hits and superhits .. thought they were average grossers. I could be wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    shwas,

We all know about his greatness and thereby his fans .. As fans, most relished even his darkest movies like Mahanadhi which incidentally is my favorite as well. My original point was about his connecting to people and giving real commercial hits inclusive of everything - with everybody profitable and happy from the theater owners to the original producers. In that category I felt in the last 10 years timeline, only 50% did it.

I'm also not sure if PKS and Panch were hits and superhits .. thought they were average grossers. I could be wrong.
    you are wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    you are wrong
    Prove it with real numbers ...

Post Thanks / Like
    if u claim pks or 5thiram r average then pls dont talk about box office.. 50% as writer was ur point but u r including his other hit films n calling average.. shocking billu..

there is difference between doing a film like vettaiyadu villaiyadu, dasa, vishwaroopam with clear villain in the film... even those films, u cannot simply make comparison to mass masala which r standard good vs evil... the only problem is its years now that we dont get mass film like skv r ttt from him.. just be happy we get films like vv, dasa, vr.. that's all.

Post Thanks / Like
    if u claim pks or 5thiram r average then pls dont talk about box office.. 50% as writer was ur point but u r including his other hit films n calling average.. shocking billu..

there is difference between doing a film like vettaiyadu villaiyadu, dasa, vishwaroopam with clear villain in the film... even those films, u cannot simply make comparison to mass masala which r standard good vs evil... the only problem is its years now that we dont get mass film like skv r ttt from him.. just be happy we get films like vv, dasa, vr.. that's all.
    I wanted to see numbers on those - PKS and Panch before we discuss further. I knew them as average. Again not adamant about its status .. just wanted to see the actuals.

Lets go back 10 years. Yes that was my point .. his movies as a writer and ghost directed ones as well. Some movies despite having directors, his influence will have overwhelmed the outcome which includes UV, MX, MA.

Not just mass masala but connecting to people ... not just fans. In some movies, its broken and invariably does not do well commercially as well. I've mentioned this in my previous post ..
    Last edited by bill4u; 7th September 2015 at 09:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ppl like this r enuf to mindwash n make claims

9. Thanks Russellbba thanked for this post
    Likes Russellbba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill4u.. for every Alavandhaan there is a Dasavatharam, for every hey! ram there's a virumandi, for every MX there's a 5thiram.. yes when he write a script, he wants to do something different... if he made 1 way of film good vs bad villain mass action hero script again and again we wont have this discussion...

11. Likes avavh3, Russellbba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    ppl like this r enuf to mindwash n make claims :notworthy:

What are you saying, shwas ?!! I'm only happy if those movies have done well .. but I was not in chennai that time and unaware of the actual numbers - investment vs. return and profitability numbers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bill4u.. for every Alavandhaan there is a Dasavatharam, for every hey! ram there's a virumandi, for every MX there's a 5thiram.. yes when he write a script, he wants to do something different... if he made 1 way of film good vs bad villain mass action hero script again and again we wont have this discussion...
    Lets leave it at this .. and PM if possible. We're talking different things and not in the same plane.

Page 27 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast