Thread: Endrendrum Thalaivar Superstar Rajinikanth - News & Updates

Threaded View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mexicomeat,

You intend to make Endhiran 2 as a companion piece, ie., keeping just the idea of Red & Blue chip, but constructing an entire new universe different from its predecessor, and also, even modifing the idea of the original work - meaning making the sequel entirely outside of the social concept adapted in the first part, by creating a fantasy world in its sequel, where men are bots and heroes are super-heroes. Plus, you have visioned it to be a sci-fi extravanganza where the closing of the film would be a spectacle of bots fighting each other. I really find this idea interesting which makes your version of Endhiran 2 close to a stand alone sequel. Bravo.

The challenge in making a sequel lies on the elaboration with respect to the initial part, morevoer, picking up where the first ended by just pulling a small thread plot and exploring it. Last week I came across a 'direct to DVD' movie sitting on the stands - 'The Exorcism of Molly Hartley' which is a sequel to 'The Haunting of Molly Hartley', releasing 7 years later. I was like - what the ... ! Does this movie really need a sequel after all these years or does it even have a potential to become a sucessor ? Curious I got the DVD to be surprised how the plot line was pulled from its predecessor - Something happens to Molly when she is 18. 6 years later (bringing in the 666 enigma), Molly at 24 experiences the result of what initialised when she was 18. The point is to analyse the plot line and extracting an untold thread (hidden or open) within. The mere idea of Endhiran 2 excites me.

On a side note - Cinema is showing '6 as 60' and '60 as 6'. Its not the making, but the final output which is important. If its pulled of convincingly, I don't find anything wrong in anyone romancing anyone else. Please avoid getting into 'an actor should act his age' spread by few who cannot differentiate realism to reality. An actor should perform the role he is summoned to play. Acting is nothing but exagaration. Cinema is a projection of ideas. We have our own cinema culture which I support (includes its runtime, songs, lyrics & dance). Wanting it to be a 'look-a-like' of other competitive industrial standards is absurd.

Rajini is the great form of our cinema culture. And in him I trust.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. Likes thamiz, Avadi to America liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement