Thread: 24 - Suriya, Samantha, Nitya Menon ~ AR Rahman

Hybrid View

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand and agree with everything you are saying. My problem is not with how the director used time to tell his story, my problem is with me. I went into the movie thinking it would be more than just that. It is my own fault for over analyzing the trailer and thinking of all the possibilities that could have happened which left me disappointed.

If I think it as just a thriller than yea it is a good movie but it is not anything special like some people claim it to be. There were many issues with movie involving time and science that kept me from enjoying the movie as I should have.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    I understand and agree with everything you are saying. My problem is not with how the director used time to tell his story, my problem is with me. I went into the movie thinking it would be more than just that. It is my own fault for over analyzing the trailer and thinking of all the possibilities that could have happened which left me disappointed.

If I think it as just a thriller than yea it is a good movie but it is not anything special like some people claim it to be. There were many issues with movie involving time and science that kept me from enjoying the movie as I should have.

i kinda can relate to your anticipation ...
    its like how nolan used the science facts like time dilation in interstellar or even in inception the concepts of kick and totem giving a sense/perception of a science fact.
    in 24 its a given - they dont dwell much on how the watch works or even how mani was able to add the additional feature ...the movie focuses on the the incidents based on the set premise ..which i felt is marvelously knit

provided (being a science fanatic) i think , not considering the temporal paradox ( a past event affecting a future event cannot be altered ) time freeze is a brilliant idea not even explored in the hollywood studios
    Last edited by Nasc; 9th May 2016 at 10:05 PM.