Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: VARALAATRU SUVADUGAL - ISAIGNANI ILAIYARAAJA

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan
    Thanks rajasaranam !

In one of those articles "Tussle between IR and TMS" they say "Oram po" song was banned by AIR.. Surprising ! why should they ban that song ? Any double meanings in that song ?!
    Oram Po was looked upon then as not the song for elite listeners. Hence it was banned for airing similarly the song 'Bathrakali nithiyasooli' from the film Kaali was also banned because it was felt that the song created so much of violent feelings. But the reasons they gave to ban was the real success for Raaja as a composer

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok ! But in one way I am happy to know that, once upon a time Indian media had that sense of social responsibility ! though we disagree on how they executed that

btw.., I remember how in the eighties, my father used to ridicule IR as "Oram po..oram po paadina aal thaane"..
    But later he began to accept and appreciate IR's talent especially after the entry of ARR and gang..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    think this is the rite place to discuss abt this...
    and guys, am a mad fan of illayaraja's voice...
    started from the time i heard "engae sellum indha paadhai..."
    and from there, started liking wherever i hear his voice...

and in his recent song from "katradhu thamizh", the "paravayae" song...
    in some parts of the high pitches, his voice goes a bit derailed...
    did anyone notice... is it because of his age, or is it like it was done intentionally...

just wanted to have a healthy discussion on this...

any comments...
    Sach is Life..

Member Junior Hubber entertainment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

IR better not attempt high pitch songs

Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword
    think this is the rite place to discuss abt this...
    and guys, am a mad fan of illayaraja's voice...
    started from the time i heard "engae sellum indha paadhai..."
    and from there, started liking wherever i hear his voice...

and in his recent song from "katradhu thamizh", the "paravayae" song...
    in some parts of the high pitches, his voice goes a bit derailed...
    did anyone notice... is it because of his age, or is it like it was done intentionally...

just wanted to have a healthy discussion on this...

any comments...
    Im a HC fan of IR. I also like his voice. IMHO IR should not attempt real high pitch songs. Age could be one obvious factor.

It is highly unfortunate that IR expects his singers to render his song with much perfection. For example, Meettaadha Oru Veenai rendered by Hariharan and Mahalakshmi Iyer who took hours and hours to satisfy IR, Hariharan himself told about this in an Interview to AV if I remember it right. But who is gonna ask IR to render with the same level of perfection . I even liked the tune Rasigane En Arugil Vaa from Manipoor Maamiyaar. Such a wonderful tune+Music/song. But it is sad that IR could not render it to perfect, whereas if you listen to female voice (Vani Jayaram if I am right), she had done it effortlessly.

Digression, SPB is the only person that I can think of for perfect high pitch songs not even KJY. Remember Engaeyum Eppodhum, Sorgam Madhuvilae, Ennadi Meenatchi, songs from Kadhal Mannan, Amarkalam.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Raja's voice to others...

btw, did you hear how A.R.R struggled to sing "Ella Pugazhum.." song in ATM from his own composition? listen to the song especially when he goes off keys when he utters "Unnal Mudiyum Thozha" in high pitch at length 4.56?
    this happens to almost every composers...they are not specially trained to sing these kind of songs...but still they try their best...
    that's what would have happened in Raja's case also!!

digression:-
    did some one compare the theme music in shiva 2006 for the short villain cutney(malaysia) to the theme music for villain suman (athi) in Shivaji?
    don't they sound kind of similar?

Post Thanks / Like
    oh god..
    someone is getting hurt here...
    but that was not my intention...

now am afraid to speak here, as people take things to heart than to brain...
    Sach is Life..

Member Junior Hubber entertainment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh god..

Hey ,
    Just share the thoughts. Since your intention is not to hurt anyone, you have the rights to put out your opinions/thoughts. BTW, I dunno how did you get the thought that someone got hurt?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by entertainment
    oh god..

Hey ,
    Just share the thoughts. Since your intention is not to hurt anyone, you have the rights to put out your opinions/thoughts. BTW, I dunno how did you get the thought that someone got hurt?
    cool...
    see the post of mr.gopi, guess he took it like am pulling illayaraja with some hatred as am a arr fan...
    am an arr fan for sure... but that doesn mean that i should have some hatred to other mds... especially i respect illayaraja more than arr..
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber ananth222's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh god..
    did you think he got hurt becos he made a comment abt ARR? would u have thought he was hurt if he said Deva instead of ARR?

Its not about getting hurt man... mayb he just mentioned ARR, but its the same for all composers. IR, ARR, HJ, Deva... the only composer with a perfect voice would be SPB. (maybe Chandrabose if you fancy).

Personally, I feel some songs are perfectly suited for IR, and in those songs he excels. Like some sogs from Eera vizhi kaaviyangal (very psychedelic, almost like "julia dream" or "strawberry fields"), some devotional numbers like Janani etc., some rustic, villager songs like "unakena thaane innerama" etc. He is just not suited for more taxing songs like "Kalyaana maalai". But unfortunately he likes to sing more songs than he needs to.
    Also, I liked his voice in "rasigane en arugil vaa", it has a rustic flavor that adds to the song.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Renault's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raja's voice to others...

Quote Originally Posted by gopiharan
    btw, did you hear how A.R.R struggled to sing "Ella Pugazhum.." song in ATM from his own composition? listen to the song especially when he goes off keys when he utters "Unnal Mudiyum Thozha" in high pitch at length 4.56?
    this happens to almost every composers...they are not specially trained to sing these kind of songs...but still they try their best...
    that's what would have happened in Raja's case also!!

digression:-
    did some one compare the theme music in shiva 2006 for the short villain cutney(malaysia) to the theme music for villain suman (athi) in Shivaji?
    don't they sound kind of similar?
    I agree... I noticed this when I attended ARR's show in SFO this June. He was struggling to sing Athiradee song in high pitch.. while Mohammed Aslam did a fantastic job in the same song..

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031