Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kamal - Creator vs Actor

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123
    when the whole industry tagged behind a new composer, Kamal stuck to IR! Kamal cud have very easily dumped his favorite IR for strictly market reasons/demand and gone to the new kids! but he didnt!

that says a lot abt another side of professional persona!
    Hmmm... Konja kaalaamaaga thaan itha pathiyum naan yosichikittu irukaen after he dumped IR in Marmayogi... earlier I was also of the same thinking like you, Now there are mulitple views emerging deeply pondering into the matter!
    Avar padangalla ghost direct panna porathu yaaru, make-up man yaaru, choreographer yaaru, cinematographer yaaru, ippadi ovvoru artistum lightboy varaikkum decide panrathu! sometimes even producer yaarunnu decide panra avar, music director vishayathula mattum producer thaan mudivu pannuvaarunnu sollittu thiriyarathu konjam uthaikkuthu
    Until 1997 IR was a commerically viable composer. The track record of kamal with IR after 1997 is something to be thought about.

Enna panrathu Marmayogi episode ellathayume sandhega kankondu paarka vaikuthu ippa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MGR was a natural 'leader' who cudnt take opposition all that easily
    but MGR, the maverick manipulator, who designed his entire career based on tamil junta's vulnerability/weakness for cheap 'thai kulam' sentiments ?!
    MGR natural leader-a illa manipulator-a??? adha modhalla confirm pannunga........ .....MGR is a phenom, eedu inai atra kadhanayagan
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes
    We all know that Kamal the actor makes the millions that Kamal the creator uses for his creations. Now there are many who want Kamal the actor do more work, more like Mohanlal or someone else. Now such people will never understand that Kamal the creator, the person who has educated himself, literally in everything related to cinema is the person who can complete the kamal we know. Complete his creativity. The days of Kamal the puppet is nearing the end and it is time for the puppeteer to rise. However like any artist who is an addict of the applause, Kamal the actor is a difficult entity to shed and we can only hope for a peaceful coexistence that is mutually beneficial,
    I prefer him just to stick with his direction, he overacts nowadays. But as you said we all know how much he loves his acting, so the creator will not go in full flow for some years.
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Senior Member Veteran Hubber MrJudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    Hmmm... Konja kaalaamaaga thaan itha pathiyum naan yosichikittu irukaen after he dumped IR in Marmayogi...

Enna panrathu Marmayogi episode ellathayume sandhega kankondu paarka vaikuthu ippa
    He even dumped IR for his Heyram, but IR rescued him from the mess. I think the real issue is Kamal wants to reach out to the hindi audience. So he dumps IR for any big budgeted multi-lingual projects involving hindi in particular, Heyram, Alavandaan, and now Dasavatharam. MX is the only exception but due to its low budget he roped in IR. I see Kamal as a opportunist now like any other industry person, nothing wrong in it. But he will not be open to admit it. I think IR is a veguli in Kamal's case
    'யுவன் இன்றி ஓரணுவும் அசையாது!'

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Devar Magan

everytime, he doesnt go behind sankar, ARR or Aishwarya rai..

Kamal is the only actor who has guts to select a pair like Kovai sarala..
    appuRam edhukku sappAn-lErunthu saaki saan vandhaaha I have no interest in discussing anything here.. But I request everyone to stop discussing/dissing Rajini in this thread. Period.
    sapaanla saaki saan-a kamal koopidalaye

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devar Magan
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJudge
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    'Naama rendu perum sernthu nadicha producers thaan laabam adaiyraanga...Orutharukku thara vendiya sambalatha rendu perkkum pirichu tharaanga, ippa neeyum star naanum star, athunaala thani thaniya nadicha athigamaa panam sambhadikkalam'
    Kadalukku mariyathai style'la naama pirijidalaamnnu sonnaraam athoda ulnokkam mela enakku romba naalave sandhegam irukku
    Yeah, me too. I had this thought for long time. Kamal should have been a big star at that time and their combo worked at BO. Kamal would have seen Rajini rising and riding along him, so kalati vida ninachcha maathiri thaan enakku thonuthu.
    kalati vidurathukku thaan thairiyam venum..

everytime, he doesnt go behind sankar, ARR or Aishwarya rai..

Kamal is the only actor who has guts to select a pair like Kovai sarala..
    Athusari, silaperukku pattathaan theiryum.......Ennamo ivaru ella padathalayum IR music potta maathiri pesureenga.......Mathavangaloda work panrathulla irukkura egonaala avoid panraaru.......etho periya sevai seithutta maathiri pesureenga....

Ippa MYkku mattum enna vanthathaam....Ethukku poyi ARRtta thonguraaru??

Yen ungallukku naanga Chandrabose vachillaam blockbuster koduthathu maranthupocho.... How marketable was Deva when he scored for Annamalai??...

Haven't you read IR's interview about he was the first choice MD for films like Annamalai & Badsha, which he refused due his personal ego??? Chumma KH panra ellaame periya thyagam maathiri pesaatheenga...Avarum itha oru thozhilathaan panraaru...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal trying to reach out to hindi market Yes, oflate since he lost his ground there many years before. Does that mean he went to IR to resuce him ? yaar yaarai rescue pannurathu

Didn't IR try his hands for hindi market ? (e.g., Cheenikum, Siva etc)

HeyRam as a film would have reached more had he opted for some other hindi music director (atleast the hype would have played. Forget about the film).

Don't know why he went for IR. His personal preferences incur him more losses.

I couldn't imagine IR for a commercial film like 10A. Who knows, we might have got a mumbai xpress again.
    I am happy with him going to Arr for Marmayogi for the time being (at last !!) . Let us see what happens.
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Ippa MYkku mattum enna vanthathaam....Ethukku poyi ARRtta thonguraaru??
    Could be. MY is an exception.
    But if we consider his films in which his involvement in choosing the crew was more, you can get that he had gone to IR mostly except a few films. The issue here is
    "choosing a person who doesn't sell at that time over someone who sells more".
    As RK himself explained said 'Natpu veru business veru'.
    Kamalukku ithu porunthathunnu nenaikiraen
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like
    kamal ARR-a pudichu thonguraara??

they both agreed to do a movie-album together.. ithu pudichu thongurathaa??

chandrabose vatchu BB koduthathu oru record-aa?

songs/dialogues illaama HIT kodutha oru aalu yaarupaa??

songs illaatha padathula nadikka unga aalukku thayiriam irukka
    ??

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar
    As RK himself explained said 'Natpu veru business veru'. Kamalukku ithu porunthathunnu nenaikiraen
    i wud still love to see, rajini going with his nanbar IR atleast once for his movies...........ARR after giving 3 out of 4 superhit albums to rajini doesent list in his preffered list of MDs and is just roped in for business, then i must say, ARR must have been very arrogant towards rajini.........

with kamal and his fans, we atleast r sure that they dont like us but with rajini and his fans its somewhat multi-layered and complex to read them.......... :P
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast