Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: || Raavan(an) | Mani Ratnam | Vikram | Abhishek Bachchan ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    Shocker,

Its too early to decide on the quality of an ARR album. Agreed, VTV is a gem. But Raavan is great in its own right. I am sure that your present day opinion about this album is bound to change when the film releases...
    vtv kuda first vanthabothu romba kadumaiya coment pannavangga ippa masterpiece,gem innu sollaranga.i'm sure same thing will happen for ravanan!

enna onnu VMthan konjam over doss koduthutaru!pavam thalaivar enna pannuvaru!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Benny Lava's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not long ago most of us doubted VTV

Anyway, my fanatism for slow songs has gotten better of me once again... I am absolutely in love with Khilli Re. Haven't listened to tamil version much, but from the few listens I can say that Shreya G is awesome as always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Raavan vs Raavanan!

The hype and hoopla surrounding Mani Ratnam¡¯s Raavan audio launch in Mumbai was fantastic. The film¡¯s marketing heads ensured that it was the event of the year with the film¡¯s hero Abhishek Bachchan and its music director A R Rahman performing on stage. The buzz on the Internet at that time was phenomenal and, though reviews were mixed, the music went on to become a superhit.

However, there seems to be little buzz about the audio of the film¡¯s Tamil version (Raavanan), which had a soft launch yesterday. The audio made it straight to music stores with no official big-ticket launch that one would usually expect of an eagerly- awaited album like Raavanan which is Mani¡¯s 10th film with the Mozart of Madras. Audio industry trackers state that the ARR-Mani combo has been the highest selling in Tamil film history since Roja hit the screens in 1992. Close on the heels of this combo, according to them, are the ARR-Shankar and Harris Jayaraj-Gautham Menon combinations.

An audio trade source says, ¡°Mani sir wanted the unique music of Raavanan to catch on with the audience. It is something totally different from Mani-ARR¡¯s earlier ventures, and will take time to capture the minds of music lovers who are fed on a diet of dapankuthu. Music from the Tamil version is now enjoying major airplay on radio channels. A record 1.10 lakh audio CDs of the film have flooded the markets in Tamil Nadu and the response has been phenomenal. ¡±

Meanwhile, sources close to the production house state that there will be a special Raavanan promo meet on May 14 in Chennai. During this do, Vikram and Priyamani will perform under the watchful eyes of A R Rahman and Mani Ratnam for select invitees and the press. We understand that the date has been fixed keeping Rahman¡¯s busy schedule and availability in mind.

When contacted, Vikram said, ¡°There is only one word to describe the music of the film, and it¡¯s ¡®awesome¡¯. Like all Rahman compositions, the tunes will slowly grow on the listener. There will be heavy promotions in the coming days for Raavanan. I always promote my films aggressively, irrespective of the language; just wait and watch.¡±

The grapevine has it that for the first time Vikram will be going on a world tour from June 1, to promote Raavan and Raavanan, his ¡°ultimate litmus test as an actor¡±, because he is playing Ram and Raavanan in the two versions of the film!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few of us believed that VTV was a great album from the start, it got even better with more listens.

Listening to Raavanan at the moment is a headache because some of the lyrics are so random and ruin the song. Lyricist seems to have forgotten that less is more! This is all coming from a person who usually has no care about the lyrics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shocker
    A few of us believed that VTV was a great album from the start, it got even better with more listens.

Listening to Raavanan at the moment is a headache because some of the lyrics are so random and ruin the song. Lyricist seems to have forgotten that less is more! This is all coming from a person who usually has no care about the lyrics.
    shocker,unggalukku ennthaiyya venum?? muthalla irunthey wrong -ahve poguthu ungga root-tu!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, what do you find is wrong about what I am saying?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bought the cd no regrets
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess_Me
    Anuradha ruined Kattu Sirikki

Why didn't ARR use Madhushree or Shreya?
    ITs very unfair to blame Anuradha..why cant ARR take the blame Im sure he wanted her to sing in that way...SAd to see some ppl passing negative comments about her... have you guys forgotten her ishq bina from taal?marakamudiyuma?
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah some of the comments are a bit too harsh.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Thiru's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Listened to Raavan a few times and then listened to Raavanan today...

First of all, I agree with a few others here who say that Raavan(an) doesn't stand up to VTV.. Most of the songs probably blend well in the movie and will be good to watch along with the video... Ranjha Ranjha and Bheera were my two picks... I'm not dissing away other songs but I think you will start to like the songs better after you watch the movie..

Anyway, it was painful to listen to Raavanan today.. Can Mani-ARR please stop this nonsense of scoring music for the hindi version and plugging in tamil lyrics... almost every song has terrible lyrics.. (nadhari paya mavan, rendum thaan raaman thaan raavanan thaan).. They did the same mistake with Guru.. I think I will eventually stop listening to Raavanan and go back to Raavan.. Really Disappointed ..

Page 57 of 91 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast