Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: || Raavan(an) | Mani Ratnam | Vikram | Abhishek Bachchan ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, Maddy. That's what I am saying time and again. Constructive criticism is very much welcome. But when someone brings 'Oscar glory' and 'Raavan album not satisfying him' together, then we have a problem, right?

Similarly, when everything is going fine, there would be one post which will say Aaromalae is a copy. When the same post recieves brickbats, the hubber will 'pummify' saying that 'What am I to do? You should go to the blogger and ask him.' Appuram enna ma****kku inga adha post pannaarunnu theriyala. Same post seen in 'Copying in TF Industry' as well. Such things deserve spl treatment, Maddy. Atleast I can't allow ppl to play fool with ARR. If I have a wee bit of ownership with this thread, I will continue to reply them in suitable manner...
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword
    maddy hav a doubt...
    hav u fallen for any hindi speaking gal??
    SS,

Delete your post immediately... Maddy is engaged and our sister has access to the hub..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    maddy hav a doubt...
    SS,

Delete your post immediately... Maddy is engaged and our sister has access to the hub..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    maddy hav a doubt...
    SS,

yaar irundhaa enna...
    "sattam than kadamayai seyyum"
    Sach is Life..

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Raavan

Guys

It is time for me to respond back - I do not have to prove my loyalty to ARR. I have always been a fan of ARR right from Thiruda Thiruda days. I loved Roja too but I have seen many one time wonders and did not think this genius will be here to stay.

I was listening to Rythm over this weekend - the songs are just breathtaking! My kids have been big fans of Jai Ho - my daughter wants to listen to it atleast once.
    I can fondly remember the times when ARR songs give me the enthusiasm and energy in life! I love Yuvraj songs - for some reason this effort of his has not got its due.

Regarding Vinnaithaandi Varuvaya, I honestly was not impressed on the first many listens but I am loving the music now. A friend of mine, who likes ARR music, still is does not like the songs. I told him that one of the key reasons is the unconventional song structures - there is no clear pallavi and charanam. He has to listen with an open mind.
    Guys, listen to Sajna from Couples Retreat. This song is a gem and is so soothing! It is unfortunate that this jewel is wasted in an also ran movie.

Coming back to Raavan, I expected some more melody and catchy numbers. Please read my comments - Beera is very catchy and Behne De is soulful and will stand the test of time.

Being a true ARR fan, I would like to be forthright and honest. I have not been swayed by the other songs in this movie. Going back to Guru, I did not like the Ek do ek muft or Baazi lagao songs and to this date I do not like them.

I will give it more time and will comment back on the rest of the Raavan songs after watching the movie. I am not flaming the man - he is such a wonderful human being. My expectations from him is skyhigh - this is probably too unrealistic.

The comment I made about the 18 years reign is because of the following:

- MSV and Ilayaraja had similar reigns if I remember correctly

- Given that ARR is the top Music Director in both Hindi and Tamil,
    it will be extremely difficult to keep giving winning #s on
    a sustained basis for both markets;

- Barriers to entry in music has come down;more and more new
    folks are entering tamil and hindi music fields

- Access to global music is easier - it is easier for folks to lift
    popular/good western songs (a la Deva) and create them in
    tamil and hindi. I am certainly NOT saying that ARR is doing that.
    He is possibly the only original still in the scene. Everyone else
    including Harris, Yuvan and Preetam are seen copying

- What is the motivation for our own King to continue giving us
    wonderful music? He has achieved what no one else in India
    has. His trophies are innumerable and he has transcended
    regional,culture and language barriers.

Being the humble person that he is, I think ARR would expect his fans to be open, honest and accepting of divergent views.

I hope I have expressed my views better.
    Fellow fans, if I have hurt you, I apologise.

Sunny G.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sunny we respect your post but certain statements sound unrealistic...
    u are a big fan of his for so long... u are in love with his previous music release also... and the music before the previous also... but in this movie which has 6 tracks, u r not impressed with 4 tracks and for that u urself agree that its becos of ur sky-high expectation... but for that ur asking the master to abdicate/whatever...

only that particular line is what offended many of the fans here and start gettin behind u... but that one line is so strong and gives a doubt when u said ur a fan...

i would say no fan here would ever say that word even when brainwashed to say so... maybe we can dismiss that statement as wrong choice of words...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND
    Sunny,

There is one post of yours in the VTV thread. It goes like this.. 'Every album of ARR has recieved negative criticism in the first few weeks. Then, people change their mind'.

Hope that's the same case here. Wait and watch, buddy!
    sunny,neenga kora mattum sollathan intha thread-ikku varuveenggala, arr album ithuvarai praise panni ithuvaraikum naan padichathey illa!ithala arr fan vera!
    so what ,let him tell that ........we keep telling that ARR album is great always
    konjamavathu manasatchi vendama sir?illichavaya inna athu arr fans innu enggavathu otti vechirukanggala?half baked album-ma kuda great innu sollra group illa naama!arr fans 'verupetanum' inne sabatham eduthukkittu ingga vanthu tuppitu poravanggala enna sollarengga!
    Anand Bro! Cool down, thoongaravangaLa ezhuppalaam, nadikkaravangaLa? Enakkum indha maadhiri pala vaatti BP egiriyirukku, naNbar LM sonnadhaala pala thaaru maaru posts delete senjirukken! Even fans may not like an album. Nothing wrong aanaa kanda padi pesittu disappointed fan endru solvadhu, height of hypocisy, IMO Every one have the right to get disappointed, but shud refrain from posting unneccesary words.
    இனிய உளவாக இன்னாத கூறல்
    கனியிருப்பக் காய் கவர்ந்தற்று
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raavan songs

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyg
    Emperor ARR has had his moment of glory and his reign is now over 18 years! It is probably time to abdicate - I do not know who the next superstar is; there probably is none.
    Please find and abdicate sir! Thanks for being the fan of Reigning Emperor - From another Fan
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Raavan music

My dear fellow fans,

I apologize for the WRONG choice of words - "Abdicate". I meant to say that his top position may be coveted by someone else in the future.

It was a VERY STRONG WORD. I did not mean it from the bottom of my heart. ARR needs to continue giving us soul stirring music for atleast another 50 years.

If there is another music wizard, genius, he/she should strive to take the throne through out of the world music - I do not see anyone in the current crop of MDs even dreaming of the #1 spot.

I never, never would want ARR to abdicate the throne of being the most popular and talented MD who has gladdened many a heart with his heartwarming music.

Again, I apologize to my fellow friends for not expressing my disappointment in a manner befitting of a true ARR fan.

Sunny.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with mostly what Sunny G says, I raised these points myself actually. In this ARR Fan stronghold it is hard to make criticism for the sake of the music.

Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast