Page 75 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: || Raavan(an) | Mani Ratnam | Vikram | Abhishek Bachchan ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar
    Agreed, Maddy. That's what I am saying time and again. Constructive criticism is very much welcome. But when someone brings 'Oscar glory' and 'Raavan album not satisfying him' together, then we have a problem, right?

Similarly, when everything is going fine, there would be one post which will say Aaromalae is a copy. When the same post recieves brickbats, the hubber will 'pummify' saying that 'What am I to do? You should go to the blogger and ask him.' Appuram enna ma****kku inga adha post pannaarunnu theriyala. Same post seen in 'Copying in TF Industry' as well. Such things deserve spl treatment, Maddy. Atleast I can't allow ppl to play fool with ARR. If I have a wee bit of ownership with this thread, I will continue to reply them in suitable manner...
    yea - we feel like smashing them with our reply - but does it ever shut them up? :P thirumba thirumba varuvaanga.......in this case, sunny has expressed his disappointment with some stretching that rahman will go etc........sometimes fans get disappointed to that extent - infact the first thread i opened was "Is ARR a forgotten hero" after disastrous 2001-04 .....

so, we can better leave sunny's that part of reply and concnetrate on his other parts of his post and ask him why he doesent like songs.........
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shocker
    I agree with mostly what Sunny G says, I raised these points myself actually. In this ARR Fan stronghold it is hard to make criticism for the sake of the music.
    oh, i thot ARR is a fading force, you should get ur criticism across easily enough
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Firstly you have to understand the criticism is not towards ARR as a person but towards the music. Secondly the only reason we do have a go at the music is so it can always get better!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    in my iTunes Kaattu Sirukki has gone from no star to one star to two stars to just now three stars...
    is the repeated playing of the song playing with my mind? or did A R Rahman's magic work again... ill go with A R Rahman's magic
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think ARR's music in this movie has heavy influence of Vishal Bhardwaj... Does anyone here feel that way??

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't feel that way, but heard few others saying the same. Not a bad thing though.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Raavan

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyg
    - Given that ARR is the top Music Director in both Hindi and Tamil,
    it will be extremely difficult to keep giving winning #s on
    a sustained basis for both markets;
    This probably relates to a problem many different successful composers of the past have had - how many different pleasing permutations of a melody can there be?

- What is the motivation for our own King to continue giving us
    wonderful music? He has achieved what no one else in India
    has. His trophies are innumerable and he has transcended
    regional,culture and language barriers.
    ARRs never made music for trophies and medals. He has just focused on giving the audience something new and introducing new sounds (through fusion and his interpretation of various genres [and thereby becoming a genre in himself!]) and technologies. He probably has accomplished this to a large degree. However, I think ARRs true motivation is making music that makes him happy and keeps him interested. Music is his passion, that's what is so appealing about it and also evident in it. In other words, he's not out to solely people-please.

- Barriers to entry in music has come down;more and more new
    folks are entering tamil and hindi music fields

- Access to global music is easier - it is easier for folks to lift
    popular/good western songs (a la Deva) and create them in
    tamil and hindi. I am certainly NOT saying that ARR is doing that.
    He is possibly the only original still in the scene. Everyone else
    including Harris, Yuvan and Preetam are seen copying
    I think these two points are quite irrelevant. Let other MDs do their own thing. When a true talent emerges he/ she will be celebrated.

Quote Originally Posted by shocker
    In this ARR Fan stronghold it is hard to make criticism for the sake of the music.
    Really?

You might have better luck getting your point across in the "Tamil Films" thread for Raavanan: http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=11939

You might find the balanced opinion that you're looking for but I have to warn you, some of them do tend to waffle on a bit.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis
    I think ARR's music in this movie has heavy influence of Vishal Bhardwaj... Does anyone here feel that way??
    After seeing the trailer, I feel Raavan itself would have heavy influence of VB movies..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted-

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mani Ratnam says no to IIFA!

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 11 May , 2010, 08:45

Mani Ratnam has finally confirmed that his magnum opus Raavan will not premier at IIFA 2010 in Colombo, Sri Lanka.

At a function organized by his wife Suhasini, in Chennai Mani diplomatically said: “I will not be attending the IIFA 2010, as post production work on my Raavan is still going on.”

Mani is very close to people who run IIFA, as his Yuva was premiered at IIFA 2004 in Singapore. But now he cannot risk alienating the Tamil film industry at a time when his Raavanan is about to release.

He also had no comments to offer when asked whether Abhishek or Aishwarya would go for the festival in Colombo.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

Page 75 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast