Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Shankers Anniyan Songs

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

ANNIYAN

Anniyan is a album i've been looking foreward to over a year now, ever since news broke that Shankar decided to have Harrish compose his songs rather than A.R.Rahman Sir.
    FLASH BACK! a few weeks ago i finally get a hold of a "Anniyan" song, which being "Kadhal Yannai". My initial reaction: "um...what the..?". I hated this song, what a overworked composition. It hints similarities from the feel of "Secret of Sucess" from the earlier "Boys" , however not copied! I had the song on repeat for hours trying to like the song, but nothing changed from my intial reaction - disapointed! Then the rest of the songs are out.. Heres my review of the songs:

Kumari - a wonderful peice. This is what i was expecting from a HJ-Shankar collaboration. It has a refreshing excitementi had felt which is usually how i feel with most A.R.Rahman songs. Shankar Mahadevan sounding amazing as ever, and the Harini teaser near the end is beautiful! This song spells SUCCESS. All these allegations of HJ copying all these different songs are getting annoying, but i have to say this song does have copied elements from "en uyir thozia" from KKS.

Iyengaru Veetu - With a carnatic basis, Harrish once again amazes me with his versatility i thought he never encompassed. The spiritual and festive essence of this song is outstanding, a song that will be praised by Shankar on the screen with extravagent setting and picturisation.

Stranger theme - is mysterious and dark. It will certainly emphasize in the movie. Overall its average, nowhere on the same level as A.R.Rahman instrumental themes.

Adangkaka - I was looking foreward to this song, as Jassie Gift was appearing on it. Shankar maybe wanted a Jassie and Harrish collaboration after hearing the awesome '4 STUDENTS'. Shankar is looking for mass appeal in his songs to paralell his movies, and '4 students' has that appeal. However the song is just another foot tapper by Harrish, just like 'utagathu' from Arul and others from saamy, kovil and chellame. It will be a moderate hit, nothing big!

Kannum - OK this songs is just as stupid as "Kadhal Yannai". I like this guys voice though, but it was wasted on this song. This song is not for a Shankar movie! Catchy yes, but mass appeal NO!

Overall Harrish has only composed two songs that will shine in the movie, being 'Kumari" and "Iyengaaru veetu". Anniyan is unlike no other previous shankar albums, it is definitly inferior to shankar's previous albums, what was Shankar was thinking? Listen to "Jeans", "Boys", "Kadhalan" etc...those songs had the tamil world rocked! It had a mass appeal to anyone , even people who don't like tfm. This is not the case with "Anniyan", it will be the first case where the movie will promote the songs to a full extent! "Kumari" will be the biggest hit in 2005 so far (until GODFATHER comes out LoL)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Admin HubberNewbie HubberTeam HubberModerator HubberPro Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR is God.,.\
    ARR is great.. he only create music in Tamil film.. all the music directors are just copying the stuff....

In anniyan,...

Song 'Kannum.. Kannum' has inspirations from 'Mottu Vittadha' of Pavithra.. composed by our great ARR. Especially you listen to the wonderful piece 1:49 to 2:22 in ARR's song.. it is a ditto copy by Harris in 2:44 to 3:11. What is he thinking of himself.

One more thing... 'Kadhal yaanai' has strong shades of 'Sambo sambo' from pudhiyamugam.. you listen the points of 3:01 to 3:34 particularly.

Theme music is a ditto copy from 'En swasakatre'.. when Arvindsamy will be stealing that stuff.

Long live ARR... down down Harris. He should go away from music field itself.. see the nasty stuff he is doing.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bramma
    ARR is God.,.\
    ARR is great.. he only create music in Tamil film.. all the music directors are just copying the stuff....

In anniyan,...

Song 'Kannum.. Kannum' has inspirations from 'Mottu Vittadha' of Pavithra.. composed by our great ARR. Especially you listen to the wonderful piece 1:49 to 2:22 in ARR's song.. it is a ditto copy by Harris in 2:44 to 3:11. What is he thinking of himself.

One more thing... 'Kadhal yaanai' has strong shades of 'Sambo sambo' from pudhiyamugam.. you listen the points of 3:01 to 3:34 particularly.

Theme music is a ditto copy from 'En swasakatre'.. when Arvindsamy will be stealing that stuff.

Long live ARR... down down Harris. He should go away from music field itself.. see the nasty stuff he is doing.

hello machan,man,im a hardcore ARR fan here,one i listen to any songs which is simular to ARR's,i can find it out that spot,but the stufss u mention doesnt sync abit....it doesnt have 1% of the simularity there....
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Devoted Hubber coucou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bramma
    ARR is God.,.\

In anniyan,...

hello machan,man,im a hardcore ARR fan here,one i listen to any songs which is simular to ARR's,i can find it out that spot,but the stufss u mention doesnt sync abit....it doesnt have 1% of the simularity there....

i think we haven't to compare a human to a GOD. even arr wouldn't be agree with you.
    moreover, HJ is great too because he give us a good music in his past albums. he did one mistake : work with shankar instead of arr rahman. even if, songs are good in anniyan, arr fans think it was worst songs
    it's normal because he compares these songs with their idole's songs(arrrr)
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fans
    THEN ilayaraja fens and arr fans talked same thing for chandramukhi album whereas it become a hit now

Senior Member Devoted Hubber coucou's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi excuse me dinesh !!!!!!
    i put you quote instead of brahmma

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by coucou
    THEN ilayaraja fens and arr fans talked same thing for chandramukhi album whereas it become a hit now
    Chandramukhi - Rajni factor = Flop.
    Rajni factor + anything = Hit

FYI, I am a kamal fan, but Rajni factor is huge when it comes to collection.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andakka randakka is definitely a hit of this summer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rajasaranam... so sad to hear this. We will miss you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    BYE FRIENDS Enjoy discussing in these brahminical forums
    Rajasaranam, Why you quote this as Brahminical forums. I dont see any trace here. Get easy bro.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Digression:

Quote Originally Posted by kbee
    Quote Originally Posted by rajasaranam
    BYE FRIENDS Enjoy discussing in these brahminical forums
    Rajasaranam, Why you quote this as Brahminical forums. I dont see any trace here. Get easy bro.
    In the misc section,the moderator deleted one of his posts in the 'Evolution,creation ,god'thread.Ivarukku odane kovam vandu,brahminical forum-nnu veliye poyetarru.In my experience,Brahmins&Vedic traditions are the most insulted,sullied in this forum.anyways,it's his loss.I hope ppl think twice before calling others(incl moderators)names.

End digression.

Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast