Thread: Pickles that tickle

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Pickles that tickle

Can we have reviews of the different pickles used by NRIs?

Priya: I initially used this but the taste gets really boring after some days. I personally think they stock and export in bulk and the stock is old - it has some taste and very little smell.

Palat: This is the best I enjoy - traditional kerala style. The mango variety is the best - AMAZING pickle. I just use a tiny pinch of gravy(the floating oil) and the mango smell is overpowering. Excellent pickle !!!!

Has anyone used Ahmed Pickles? It is exported from Pakistan or Bangladesh. A friend of mine who came to US 20 yrs back is using it regularly.
    As the pictures below show, they seem to make it in a hygienic and quality tested way - must be better than the indian pickle makers.
    http://www.ahmedfood.com.pk/certification.htm

http://www.ahmedfood.com.pk/aboutus.htm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber tomato's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    'Ruchi' vadu mango pickle is the only one I like. Rest of the pickles cannot be enjoyed after it reaches half bottle mark.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mothers brand is also really good; after got fed up with the other brands, tried this and they are really good.

Senior Member Regular Hubber MysoreHudugi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    We like Bedekar pickles. I like particularly mango chilli pickle. It is pretty hot - so use sparingly.

CI.
    People can give you recipies, but cannot make you a great chef. It is you who can make the difference using your own creativity!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen Bedekar pickles on the shelves many times but not yet tried one. Will try it next time