Page 70 of 400 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can only recall the speculative nAn seidha kurumbu(sung by SPB, so relevant to this thread) in 3M. He just talks about the (sadly not) forthcoming kid there not the actual kid.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I vaguely recall Baasha's original in Hindi where he played sidekick to Amit-ji. Deepa Sahi was his wife and if I recall right, there was a kid in the mix

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hindi philim nomination rejetted. Athuvum shrimp paste involvement automatic disqualified.
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Haunting in the movie. Oru murai keettal, it'd loop in my head the whole day.
    I have seen Kali, but I cant recall this song / scene, pls describe the scene and the situation from which this song starts. thanks
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Hindi philim nomination rejetted. Athuvum shrimp paste involvement automatic disqualified.
    what about the 'saju nAree, saju nAree, saju nAree, saju nAree' of kikku ERuthE?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a freak out of a song Shake it Baby..Loved it like crazzyyy..Thanks App..You are doing a stupendous job ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone should do a psychoanalysis on him.
    Be the change you want to see. nIngaLE paNNunga
    (Tamil Proverb: EndA kalyANam paNNikkalainA, neeyE pOndAttiyA irunnAnAm!)

Post Thanks / Like
    #47 நானொரு பொன்னோவியம் கண்டேன் எதிரே
    (கண்ணில் தெரியும் கதைகள், 1980 , சுசீலா மற்றும் ஜானகியுடன் )

Contrary to what many websites say, this was not an exclusive IR movie. (thiraippAdal website is also incorrect in this respect). I remember this song being a regular on radio those days, especially IOKS. However, the Shankar-Ganesh number enjoyed more airtime than the IR number (nA onna nenachchEn, SPB-VJ-Jikki). Though many websites don't know the multi-MD thingy, most DF-ers here are aware of this 5 MD movie (IR / S-G / KVM / GKV & TR Pappa). Each did one song and possibly 1/5th portion of BGM. Producer was the 'kAkkA nariyin katha kELu' A L Raghavan. This dhool.com thread has a nice article / discussions on nAn oru ponnOviyam; ofcourse with some hilarious remarks over the dancing capabilities of Sarath Babu & Vadivukkarasi

Reproducing my 2005 comment from that link :
    Apart from the semi classical (or kind-of) touch, one thing that was enjoyable in this song was the rhythm arrangement...kind of trade mark Raja...He had so many of such unique patterns generated in his early years (before delegating that department to assistants) and the SOTD had one of those enjoyable ones...I'm sure Raja reused this in other songs later on, but none became as popular as this...

Another song ( again a dance number) which had novel rhythm arrangement was `thAm tha dheem tha Adum uLLam pAdum kAviyam' from pagalil oru iravu...
    The most enjoyable SPB portion from the song is the 'thanthOm thanam thanam, thanthOm thanam thanam enRoru mellisai kEttadhuvE', what a sweet singing! OISG comment on the female singers is quite interesting : in this song SPB certainly makes the queens look like "la la la peNgaL" aka "kuzhuvinar" Actually PS & SJ do a commendable job adding to the beauty of the song.

When arrived, this song strongly reinforced the conviction in us about what variety IR was capable of giving! And he continued to prove himself on that aspect in the 100's of movies & 1000's of songs thereafter!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    (nA onna nenachchEn, SPB-VJ-Jikki).
    I really like this song, till I recently I was thinking it was an IR Composition. SG

Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    (IR / S-G / KVM / GKV & TR Pappa).
    Who is GKV ?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    GKV - G K Venkatesh (under whom IR initially worked as an assitant, for many films - mostly in Kannada language field).

He was the MD for poNNukkuththanga manasu movie that had 'thEn sindhudhE vAnam, unai enai thAlAttudhE'

He has acted in the movie 'mellaththiRandhadhu kadhavu' (as a music teacher I think), the movie where MSV-IR worked together.

For years, I think GKV also worked under MSV as assistant - did some playback singing as well. IIRC, during GKV's last days, MSV took care of him, keeping him in his home...