Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Raja - Live in Concerts - Madurai Concert Telecast/Videos

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_Sji, awesome writeup

I couldn't catch the progam on TV and haven't seen the videos yet. Some quick pointers on couple of incidents in the concert:
    When the orchestra started performing Schubert's piece, one could instantly guess that it wasn't a piece by IR and that it was some European master's composition. The amount of rigorous practice and experience of the orchestra playing under IR all these years was visible as they nailed the piece brilliantly. Not sure how many orchestras (that too from the film industry) can pull off something like this. But the magical moment happened after that. IR started to sing Idhayam pogudhe as the orchestra continued playing in the background and for a second I was wondering if the symphonic piece was his own creation. The tune, a trademark IR pathos song, blended so naturally with the symphony, note by note, phrase by phrase. This was no mere 'fusion', but rather something that we've come to associate with IR - multi-threaded weaving, fusion at an atomic level. Recall Kamal's note on IR about Higgs Boson and splitting the nucleus of musical notes. Try listening to the symphony piece alone (a bloody scintillating one) and then Idhayam pogudhe separately and then listen to this piece from the concert. This is Kamal's point demonstrated live. For a layman like me, it's difficult to even associate Idhayam pogudhe with the symphony. I frankly saw no major connection. But for someone like Raaja, he probably saw the song in the symphony and just 'plucked' it out from it. And when this was demonstrated live, it was magical! : Pat thighs: :chest thumping: Raaja da!

Another interesting moment was the 2-note song. This was meant to be a gimmick, of course, a dash of pomp and glamour, a thorough vanity fair. I'm guessing that this wasn't Raaja's idea and that he was usuppEthified to do something of this sort. The 3-note song was great fun, an awesome tune emerged from it. This time around, I was pretty convinced that it would be purely gimmicky with just 2 notes. But Raaja proved me wrong. There was something more to it than just the pomp. The thought process behind the 'musical cheating', that he has spoken about before, could be seen here. He played the tune, a simple, catchy one (what else can one expect with 2 notes) and asked the chorus to sing it. He then directed the keyboardist to play two chords as the backing rhythm. The piece sounded more interesting. Asking the singers to repeat the singing, he then gave two different chords to the keyboardist and asked him to do a chord change at a certain place. And there was the effect! The same tune, but two different set of chords and the sound was different! Musical 'honesty' in gimmickry!

Raaja Subashree
    Last edited by KV; 16th January 2012 at 12:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    CONCERT VIDEOS TELECASTED TODAY 16.1.2012

Last edited by RR; 17th January 2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Added missing 2 vids

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is what I wrote on twitter on this program: "Like great mathematicians who see patterns where none seems to exists, Raja sees 'idhayam pogudhe' in the Shubert's Symphony"
    "It is a testimony to the greatness of tune and orchestration of 'Raja Kaiyavacha' that it can withstand the mangling by Yuvan"

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    "It is a testimony to the greatness of tune and orchestration of 'Raja Kaiyavacha' that it can withstand the mangling by Yuvan"
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jai Hind songs

Thanks to dhinakar rajaram for the links..check the left hand side corner

http://www.hellojaihind.com/videos.html

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    சின்னக் கண்ணன் இரண்டாம் பாகத்தில் வரவில்லையா? அதற்கான காணொளியை இன்னும் காணோமே? இரு மேதைகளின் சங்கமத்தை ரொம்ப எதிர்பார்த்து இருக்கிறேன்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    What we post day-in-day-out in the hub has been told by Prakash Raj

I'm in Anandha sAgaram :thank you:
    Can you please elaborate? i dont understand

Post Thanks / Like
    In the concert Raaja said Karthik raja and I learn Jazz from from Atila.....A person who is nearing 70 years and is recognised as one of the best composers and musicians in the history of music...Will any one dare to say this in public

Raaja sharanam sharanam

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing sir, the kOlAmbi speaker / teakkadai / function / bus-cast, in short "the rAsA effect" on TN

(I am among the many who keep talking about this in the hub and Prakash Raj opens the show with that as a personal comment)...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great....Kamesh brought the next set of videos for us.

mmm...Raja, What is so great about Kaannadasan's AYIRAM MALARGALEY.....varigal ? .

pardon my ignorance, to this day, I never seen the movie , I don't know the situation or story.

Varigal enna sollaradhu?

This particular composition when I grew up, it is female vocalist prelude humming followed by the wonderful music, long drawn tune in enchanting Vasu's vocals caught our attention to stop at the palace ground to enjoy the raja paadal.

paadal varigalukkaga indha particular paadalukku naangal wait pannidhu illai.

this particular song musical content followed by singing adds more value.

vinatha
    Last edited by baroque; 16th January 2012 at 11:20 PM.

Page 10 of 64 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast