• Scintillating Seventies - Light & Semi-Classical

3 5.00%
  • Scintillating Seventies - Advent of WCM Technical Depth

4 6.67%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Early 80's fusion

30 50.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - Mid 80's Auto-Pilot Smooth orhcestration

15 25.00%
  • Exhilirating Eighties - back to folk in the late 80's(Ramarajan etc)

2 3.33%
  • New Age Nineties - Early 90's classics(Devar Magan, Ejamaan etc)

3 5.00%
  • New Age Nineties - The Malayalam Majesty

1 1.67%
  • Maestro's Magic - 2000's

1 1.67%

Thread: Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Hybrid View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devulle Mechindhi (Read at your own leisure)

I don’t think anyone here, has extensively written about this number. When SRR released, I was so hooked onto “Jagadhananda Karaka” that all other tracks equally became secondary excluding “Devulle Mechindhi” which was following “Jagadhananda Karaka” very closely.
    Some background reading:

SRR is an album I still haven’t finished listening too, 16 whooping tracks and all tracks that I have heard, individually have the potential to overtake many albums released last year. With the recent discussions in the forum over quality, this and *apologies to bring them here* 180, VSV and Rockstar are certainly the best sound engineered OSTs of 2011. SRR, was my Telugu pick of 2011 (Even though I haven’t finished the album ) followed by Anaganaga Oka Dheerudu. However, there was also the “Ela ela” song from Panjaa which made me highly impressed. Therefore, it can rightfully be said both father and to an extent son reigned over the Telugu film music last year.

I believe SRR is certainly blessed as it has an assortment of veteran singers, offers mammoth melodies which are not only present in the whole album but in individual tracks too. Raaja saab packs a life time supply of melodies, instruments and other additional variations in standalone single tracks here.
    I’ve already expressed my feeling towards “Jagadhananda Karaka” –

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...ihind-Sri-Rama Rajyam&p=726836&viewfull=1#post726836

I still standby what I wrote, but if you scroll down the link, you will read V_S sir quoting the maestro, “...that a song is loved/liked by you is because of a simple reason that it is already inside you.”

I’ll give my two cents here:

The above quote is definitely set in stone! I’ve been wanting to write about “Devulle Mechindhi” since Monday now (since then, this song hasn’t stopped ringing in my head). Whenever I sit down to write I usually play the subjected song but in this case when I play this my mind goes blank and I just end up listening to the song for hours without typing a letter Yes, I think I’ve discovered you can’t review certain songs and listen to them in that moment.

I found I’ve easily expressed my views over other songs but here I was totally lost. It’s just whenever I hear this song, I want to continue hearing it again and again and coming back to the quote, this may be because the song is already in my system furthermore it was probably embedded in my soul before I heard it, hence I simply cannot ignore it. E.g. as a born baby one feels safe next to his/her mother as they’ve spent nine months in her. I feel purified when I hear this composition. I’m not going to dwell on the intricacies of the composition because the devil lies in the detail. Although I want to write praises and praises over here, this composition somehow has soulfully disabled me from going into a length analysis.

The point I do want to raise, although I can’t express it, is the factor that keeps me replaying the song is the second and third charanam.

“Sivadhanuvu adigo… Nava vadhuvu idigo…
    Raghu ramuni tejam abyam adigi adigo….
    Sundara vadanam chusina maduram nagu momuna veligey vijayam adigi adigo…
    Dhanuvuni lepey mohana rupam.. Pela Pela dvani lo premaku rupam..
    Pumala ayyi kadiley a swayamvara vaduvey….

Ne nedaga saguninka janaki ani… Seethanu vasigey janakudu sriramamurthi ki…
    A sprasha ki alapincheY amrutha ragameY…. Ramanukitha maYAhrudaYAm kaligeY seethe key…

Sree karam manoharam idi vedani PriYA bandhamani
    Aajana bahudu jatha kudey a vani jatha
    Anandha ragamey tanayugrina seetha
    …..”

The part highlighted especially the last two lines are arguably the best portion of any Raaja song I’ve heard recently or ever!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement