Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: ARR Vs YSR Vs HJ

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    keep going u guys this is fun. hehehehe

am sure ARR and IR will be very happy to see this. wat the hell even i am very happy to see this....

keep going... keep going...

hehe
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY
    quality means (IMO)
    1) Good recording quality,
    2) all songs having unifrom influence over u in the movie,
    3) general standard of the songs( lyrics, non-dappakuthu)

for example u quoted chahe pandit ho song as a good song but i cant agree on that..........compare it with nee partha song there is a big drop.....but take the case of punnagai mannan, all songs were just great..that is a quality album....if u look at ARR's albums u'll find more effort in each and every song whereas in IR's songs, u wud find 1 gr8 song and another mediocre song........ in meera also, oru rotulathan/mannenna song is utter crap compared to butterfly song.....

neways nilavu do u know that Greame Hick scored more first class centuries than Brian Lara.....but in international level Brian Lara is wat we know all.....so IR is like Greame Hick and ARR is Brian Lara......okkkkk

dunt call me a loser okkk u gaati.......
    look at my list .....i have given more than 100 standard albums of ilayaraja....ok...u may take out pandian and some other albums...
    yet u can find 100+ quality albums

by ur definition
    1)good recording quality---ir has done with what he has got at his period.....after 30 years arr songs will look like badly recorded songs...will u say arr has given low standard songs

2)all songs has uniform influence---in my list u can find lots and lots of films where ir has given 6 great songs in one movie

3)general standard of songs---lyrics---

1)mukkala mukabula
    2)petarap
    3)take it easy oorvasi
    4)mami song in new

these are all great thathuva paadalgal...... look at ur back first...its after arr's entry to tamil field..,lyrics lost its importance...

atlast....,greame hick and lara....

i accept ir is greame hick with most number of first class centuries...

but is arr a lara??...certainly not...tell me one international album which rocked international level...he has given only bombay dreams ...that too from his old songs....dont ever dream that arr is similar to lara in world cricket
    listen to Lagaan songs & lyrics...world class & ofcource blended with the movie just rite!! come on...dun tell me crap songs started from ARR,listen to old village songs....crapz!!! Nethu Rathiri Ammma,Tookam ponadi yamma!! besides... 100 good albums out of 1000 albums he composed???!!! 10 %!!! in which kanakku??
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nilavupriyan, ARR is not writing lyrics not he was interfering in the first line of the song like IR did. Yet u blame him for lyrics. I would say ARR songs have always great lyrics and yes for mass taste, the director prefer Vaali who is knows to give songs like Mukala, Pettai Rap etc but the majority of ARR songs are thousands times better than the lyrics of other MD songs and that credit goes to ARR and partly to directors.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dinesh2002
    listen to Lagaan songs & lyrics...world class & ofcource blended with the movie just rite!! come on...dun tell me crap songs started from ARR,listen to old village songs....crapz!!! Nethu Rathiri Ammma,Tookam ponadi yamma!! besides... 100 good albums out of 1000 albums he composed???!!! 10 %!!! in which kanakku??
    Dinesh,
    he has given a sample from IR albums not the entire good albums.

For a HCIRF (like me) more than 95% of his work will be good.
    For a general music lover more than 75% of his work will be good.
    For others ( ) more than 60% of his work will be good.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    dinesh....,thats a sample for ir hit songs...

go to the previous page and see whats going on between me and maddy.....,he bet me to submit 100+ good albums of ir....i have posted them.....

by the way where is maddy...,escape-a?

btw....even in nethu raathiri amma...the lyrics are clear to hear...but in arr songs the lyris are not clear...music dominates sometimes

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alias
    Nilavupriyan, ARR is not writing lyrics not he was interfering in the first line of the song like IR did. Yet u blame him for lyrics. I would say ARR songs have always great lyrics and yes for mass taste, the director prefer Vaali who is knows to give songs like Mukala, Pettai Rap etc but the majority of ARR songs are thousands times better than the lyrics of other MD songs and that credit goes to ARR and partly to directors.
    i dont blame arr at any cost..for the lyrics at all.....its maddy who commented on the lyrics of ir songs....so i answered him...
    look at the previous page

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nilavupriyan
    dinesh....,thats a sample for ir hit songs...

go to the previous page and see whats going on between me and maddy.....,he bet me to submit 100+ good albums of ir....i have posted them.....

by the way where is maddy...,escape-a?

btw....even in nethu raathiri amma...the lyrics are clear to hear...but in arr songs the lyris are not clear...music dominates sometimes
    speaking bout lyrics...latest current lyrics r utter rubbish....the Vaa Vaa Vaa - Dass....oh my goodness....such cheap lyrics!! but the song's tune & beats were so nice to hear..the part "ungamma yengakka yengakka ungamma athunaale naan unnai kattipene"

everyone knows ARR music sometimes overtake the lyrics...but i think nowdays Md does it more than ARR & never get pointed out...wonder y!
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arguments like this can be summarised in one phrase - Major Mannaangatti.

But anyway, lets stick to the topic guys, YSR and HJ are clear winners now, like they have been since 2002 Poor ARR

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    very true. Just another dud like "ah-aah" , ARR is sure to become a relic in TFM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thumburu,

Just curious if you are serious,

Ayutha Eluthu & Thesam didn't sound any good to you?
    Why would you expect ARR to give his hardwork to someone like SJS?! Audio is still a commercial hit, isn't it? (Even though it failed reach you,me and whoever disliked it).

Page 16 of 81 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast