Thread: G.V. Prakash Kumar - Latest Sensation

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must confess that I’m finally out of the OKOK warp, I do still listen to it but now, Endhukante Premanta is occupying most of my music playtime.

Here is my review.

G. V. Prakash is the MD, so there are big expectations.

The first track is, Chill Out – Vijay Prakash, Andrea Jeramiah, Bigg Nikk and Maya.

A club song that iterates that life is too short, so make the most of it. It’s a youthful song, which could’ve easily fell in the routine trap but GVP cleverly experiments with ragas, swaras, and sargams all backed by a banging progressive and electro house arrangement. The approach is very Rahman-ish but definitely no copy!

The second track is, Cindrella – Rahul Nambiar and Meghna.

Wow, this has to be one of G. V. Prakash’s finest songs ever. There is a surprise element; the transition from the peppy pop rock to western classical completely took me back. The western portion is very Raaja-esque. Need I say more?

Kicko Gicko – Rahul Nambiar, Krish, ad Ranaina Reddy.

A song, where the arrangement takes the back seat, although the second interlude is might impressive. For me the highlight of the song was the melody and more so the energy put forth by the singers. The electro saw riff at the end tempts me to press play again.

Nee Choopule – Haricharan and Chaitra.

Now this is the GVP, who I’m crazy about. Recently, GVP has been churning a lot of haunting melodies. It’s fair to call him the Junior King or Prince of haunting melodies and the day is not far when he shall be crowned. Recently Poovin Manam, Chinnanchiru, Aariro, Pookal Pookum, Pirai Thedum... have proved this to the core. But bear in mind that these only are touching the surface, there are plenty of other soul stirring melodies by him which you could listen to countless times. These songs prove that GVP has created his own market with his own identity. Nee Choopule is just an addition to this list. My favourite track from the album by far and Haricharan sounds GVP-ish.

Yeigri Pove – Hemachandra and Chinmayee.

The last song of the album, it took me back to the early days of GVPs career. Don’t be surprised if you feel like listening to Kadhal Neru Pen from Veyil after you heard this track.

Overall, to say this album is great can only be answered by the test of time but it’s clear that GVP is leaving no stone unturned in terms of proving his versatility.

This is the review of the Telugu album, there is a Thamizh version called Yen Endraal Kaadha

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement