Thread: || Blue | Anthony D' Souza | Akshay Kumar ||

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Guess_Me's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rahman replicated rhythmic accompaniment beats

Any guesses about what’s common between A R Rahman’s ‘Chiggy Wiggy’ (Blue) and his nephew G.V. Prakash’s ‘Un Mela Aasadhan’ (Aayirathil Oruvan)? These two songs have been rocking at top of charts for past six months and still remain favorite numbers on everyone’s list.

Now, it’s revealed that A R Rahman has replicated the rhythmic accompaniment beats from a famous album R. Kelly’s Thoia Thoing. When you play these numbers together, nothing makes a big difference over the rhythmic spell. Similarly, G.V. Prakash has picked the instrumental part on flute for his ‘Un Mela Aasadhan’. As in relativity, Yuvan Shankar Raja had scored a prototyped music for ‘Adada’ (Sarvam).

‘Un Mela Aasadhan’ has been making high waves in town for the catchy tunes and lyrics. More than all, actor Dhanush and his wife Aishwarya Rajnikanth crooning the song has made it yet more attractive.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Guess_Me's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    R. Kelly - Thoia Thoing

After listening to that song, I feel there is a certain amount of similarity to Kylie's portion.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This 'Thoia Thoing' song already copied to a song in Aitraaz years back ..sung by adnan sami

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts on Blue

Though I don’t listen to it frequently, I still nevertheless rate this album as Rahman Ji’s finest work. Blue as we know was Rahman Ji’s first project post his Oscar victory. The album might have a low play count amongst my Rahman Ji library, but whenever I do revisit the album, the album is as fresh as when I heard it initially.

There’s a vast number of factors that contribute in deciding Rahman Ji’s best album but as it stands in Hindi, my top 5 currently is:

1. Rockstar
    2. Swades
    3. Blue
    4. Yuvvraaj
    5. Rangeela/Taal

(This list only includes Rahman Ji’s original Hindi work and not his dubbed/remade/bi-lingual work)

There’s no denying that Blue is still underrated amongst the masses, the film is largely to blame for this. This was also the case to an extent with Raavan, but for me Raavan was better as a film and Blue was better as an OST. I cannot compare the two albums, but I’m only drawing parallels due to these albums/films being considered Rahman Ji’s blips amongst North Indian fans.

I’m not going to review the album, rather I’m going to share my experience. Blue does not deserved to be heard, it deserves to be experienced.
    Let me start with Bhoola Tujhe...

Extremely extremely underrated, for me the repeat values solely lies in the prelude. Rahman Ji’s orchestration pleasantly paints a shore with a staircase to heaven. I cannot stress how great of a prelude this is by him. Best till date! Hear this at sun-set or even better at night, to completely drown in to this paradise soundscape. Abbas Tyrewala pulls out some chaste Urdu lines, which make this song an even more concrete Sufi number.” Ya khuda pyaare khuda, pyaare khuda”.

Fiqarana is always a great sing along. Delightful vocals Vijay Prakash, an out and out Rahman Ji melody polished with mind-boggling flanging, stuttering and phasing guitar work. Great song to get a party started.

When the album released, all eyes were on Chiggy Wiggy, due to it being the first collaboration between Rahman Ji, Kylie Minogue and Akshay Kumar. Ever since Mohra, as a kid I have always tried to imitate Akki’s Tu cheez badi mast mast dance, so for me to see these two veterans join was a big moment. Chiggy Wiggy is two songs, one being Hip hop the other being Bhangra. I need to be true to myself and admit, this song fell short of my expectations. The lyrics were silly and the arrangement was not up to mark. But there is something which pulls me towards this song and I’m baffled as I still haven’t clocked what this could be. So I just enjoy once in a blue moon.

Rehnuma

This one is a Jazz, BGM fest and first of its kind by Rahman Ji. The mystical, spy mission centred music definitely overtakes the ambiguous structure of the song and melody. I would’ve preferred this to be the main theme of the movie in instrumental form. Although kudos to Sonu Nigam, IMO he leaves Shreya Ghosal miles behind in this number.

Blue Theme

Is this the most layered track by Rahman Ji? A rap fest which can be attributed more to Akshay Kumar then Rahman Ji. As an Akki fan, Rahman Ji has delivered best of both worlds, with his own sensibilities and sensibilities of hardcore Akshay fans. The Punjabi lyrics stand tall even amongst the haywire arrangements. The folk touch is clearly glaring and if Bhoola Tujhe had a whopping prelude, then the Blue theme has the best answer for a postlude.

Aaj Dil

Has all the sensibilities of a Rahman Ji track. A vintage number, which displays jazz, classical, contemporary and world music via one dimension. It’s definitely another great sing along. The intentional tipsy singing by both legends steal the limelight of this song.

I had to leave the best song for the last...

Yaar Mila Tha

I was depressingly missing a typical Bollywood duet by Rahman Ji and when I heard this all my questions were answered and cravings were taken care of. This song wasn’t featured in the film, which p*ssed me right off. My favourite song in the OST. So many factors which I can relate to, the main one being that it’s an out and out 90s number. It’s always a treat to hear Udit Narayan and Madhushree, the duo that brought us Hum Hain Iss Pal Yaha. I think this was the first time I heard Udit Narayan in Auto-tune. Definitely a tailor-made song for the badmash yet adorable Akki of the 90s. Double thumbs up to Rahman Ji for illustrating this essence.

I know I have faulted this album at a few places, but as I said whenever I do revisit this album I simply cannot forward any song. I hope I’ve tried to convince the haters of this album to give it a second chance.

http://musicindiaonline.co/album/7-h...8-Blue__2009_/

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748