View Poll Results: Will Thala -GVM combo beat Kaakha Kaakha and Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu magic ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 63.16%
  • No

7 36.84%
Page 244 of 311 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 3108

Thread: ◄lılı Thala AjithKumar ♥ Anushka • Yennai Arindhaal • A M Ratnam • GVM lılı◄

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was waiting for you to post it. Yesterday the ambience was like blazing. There were about 500 + of us and overtime it got too crowded. There was such an immense receiving for the film from the crowd. Thoroughly loved the show and the film.

I’m walking on a razor blade, Careful not to cross the line.
    I’m getting to the end of the blade, Slipping to the other side.
    Every little step I take, Nothing stands in my way.
    But I have to fight and crawl, To die another day.

Yennai Arindhaal
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. Thanks BM thanked for this post
    Likes BM liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Siv.S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What’s Hot

It could be claimed that Gautham Menon is adept in handling ‘cop & criminal’ stories and with this third installment, he only makes that claim stronger. He has framed chapters from a Third police officer’s life which perfectly suits the capabilities and flair Ajith is known for.

With the help of writers Shridhar Raghavan & Thiagarajan Kumararaja, Gautham has been able to let the narrative stay fresh and true to his style at the same time. His films mostly have linear narratives and don’t come with a lot of nagging namesake twists. The narrative in Yennai Arindhaal tows the same line. The adrenaline pumping climax act finishes off things in style.

Through YA’s SathyaDev, Ajith gets a fully-fledged police role into his repertoire & charms with his demeanour and elegance. He deserves to be commended for pulling off the character with minimum fuss & not playing very much to the gallery. His range of emotions are well captured by Gautham (The scene where he breaks down towards the climax about an event from the past & the dialogue that justifies his reaction is a sparkling example of how this partnership has worked in the film)

Arun Vijay as Victor doesn’t join the party for long but when he gets in, he solely owns it for a considerable chunk of time. The belief that Gautham & Ajith should have had in him in giving him major stake towards the climax is justified with his raucous & passionate ranting. Vivekh, in a short supporting role brings a few laughs.

Dan McArthur’s camera-work is a huge plus as it makes its mark as much when it navigates behind the night-owl episodes of Sathyadev in the city lights as it does while capturing the montages through shifting timeframes in Mazhai Vara Pogudhe & Unakkenna Venum Sollu (songs that make a mark in Harris’ music)

Roles of Nasser & Trisha roles are short & sweet and they manage to be impactful in taking the film forward. Parvathy Nair’s tiny role is sure to surprise the audiences as we don’t usually get heroines making a debut in roles like these.

Anthony’s editing & Silva’s stunts provides much needed moments of enthrallment for fans of Ajith in action blocks and the title track. The team’s decision to go for two-frames for a critical shot cleverly aids the Mellisaana Kodu theme of the conversation. Gautham’s dialogues bear the stamp of his usual indulgence in providing ‘Police officer/Criminal’ viewpoints.

What’s Not
    The kid & Anushka have performed amply but their roles have only limited scope which makes them stick out as the film shifts to another gear when they take centre-stage. The background score of Harris provides only 2 noteworthy bits but otherwise comes nowhere close to what he gave in Vettaiyadu (In fact, there is an accidental rehash of Thala Pola Varuma music for the antagonist!)

Some of the chase episodes in the night go pretty quick that one finds it challenging to follow the sequences. The lack of sound red-herring characters you expect in a thriller make it less suspenseful.
    Badges

Verdict

Gautham has successfully carved chapters of the third episode in a police officer’s life, giving it a premise similar to the first two, building a fresh structure on top and fitting Ajith perfectly into it. Get to know Sathyadev, you will like him – Just like you liked Anbuchelvan & Raghavan!

http://pipinghotviews.com/movierevie...al-tamil-2015/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    I was waiting for you to post it. Yesterday the ambience was like blazing. There were about 500 + of us and overtime it got too crowded. There was such an immense receiving for the film from the crowd. Thoroughly loved the show and the film.

Yennai Arindhaal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Yennai Arinthaal

Hari should learn a thing or two from Gautham on how to make a cop film without high decibel screams and flying Sumos. GVM is back, well and truly. :clap

Ajith has a role which suits his age and personality. He underplays throughout the film and it complements the film. Both heroines have played their roles well but Trisha stands out, thanks to the poetically written love track.

Arun Vijay didn't impress me much like what is projected in the media. Just ok, except that split screen sequence in the second half.

Songs were good on screen. Bgm was kinda loud and passable.

On the downside, the film takes some time to settle. But once it does, it moves with a good pace. Overall, GVM has done no harm to his reputation and I would place YA as his second best cop film after VV.

P.S: My mindvoice when I was walking out of the hall - இந்த அஜித் ஃபேன்ஸ் படம் சுமாரா இருந்தாலே சூப்பரும்பானுங்க..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber BM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post

Yennai Arindhaal
    And i cannot wait for your detailed review.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber BM's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sreedhar Pillai @sri50
    #YennaiArindhaal - 3.5/5. Scintillating. #Ajith's knockout performance as Satyadev IPS, @menongautham well etched characterisation.

#YennaiArindhaal - 3.5/5. @arunvijayno1 , what a role & does full justice. "Adharu Adharu" phone conversation & hero's outburst clinched it

#YennaiArindhaal - 3.5/5. Ajith plays his age & romance with @trishtrashers sparkling. She has that screen presence. Anushka is sweet.

#YennaiArindhaal 3.5/5. Top class technical work - Dan's grim mood inducing camera goes with @Jharrisjayaraj bgm & music (Mazhai Vara).

#YennaiArindhaal - 3.5/5 Minus - 1st half slow, when u compare with 2nd half. Reminds u of VV & KK.

#YennaiArindhaal - 3.5/5. what worked 4 me the best was the undercurrent & tension between the hunter (Satyadev) & hunted (Victor) & climax
    Last edited by BM; 5th February 2015 at 04:38 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ajith Starrer is a Classy, Mass Entertainer from Gautham Menon

On watching "Yennai Arindhaal", the first thing that will come to you mind is "what a comeback by Gautham Vasudev Menon". The director, who failed to impress the public in his last few attempts, made sure that his latest flick will rule the box office.

"Yennai Arindhaal" is a typical Gautham Menon movie with all its nuances. A well written script, highly-engaging dialogues and sequences, and some well-defined performances make the latest Ajith starrer a delight to watch.

"Yennai Arindhaal" revolves around IPS officer Sathyadev (Ajith) and his life from the age of 13, till he is a middle-aged man. The movie shows how each person he meets influences him and how they design his destiny.

The movie begins with the introduction of character Thenmozhi (Anushka Shetty), who is bold and straight forward. She is open about her life and opinions and makes sure they are conveyed in the right sense. On one of her flight journeys, she meets Sathyadev and falls in love with his looks and attitude.

Soon, she decides to let him know about her feelings. But, she wasn't aware of his turbulent past. The movie then goes through a series of flashbacks which narrates Sathyadev's childhood, the special bond which he shared with his father and how losing his father influenced his life.

As a cop, he makes equal number of friends as well as enemies. During one of his operations, he meets Hemanika (Trisha), a well-known dancer who has a different approach to her profession, and little did Sathyadev know about her impact on his life.

It is unfair to reveal the entire story here as you must go and watch it youself. However, the story of "Yennai Arindhaal" can be summed up as a story which takes you through the life of a brilliant cop with several twists and turns that will keep you at the edge of your seats.

Coming to the script of the movie, Gautham made sure that it has everything that a mass entertainer requires. From romance, action, music and dance, the film has everything an Ajith fan dreams of. The dialogues of the movie are also very powerful as they manage to get the audience laugh as well as cry.

Coming to the performance, "Yennai Arindhaal" is all about Ajith. His well-controlled, sophisticated, majestic performance was a sort of makeover for the actor. The actor, who appeared in four different looks, made sure that only he dominates the movie. He managed to redefine the classiness of a Tamil hero

His performance, an emotional yet not-so-dramatic, was one of the major highlights of the film. Gautham Menon also made sure that Ajith stays in the character of Sathyadev in his well-dignified looks and presentation.

Trisha's character in the movie, though for a short span, has it presence though out the film. She woos the audience with her looks, charm and performance and excels as a caring mother, a dignified lover and as an elegant dancer.

Watching Anushka as Themozhi was a drastic but commendable change from her previous performance in "Lingaa". The actress managed to get a good role after a long time and has done justice to it.

If there is one person who has equal presence in the movie as Ajith would be Arun Vijay, who plays the baddie Victor. His character comes into Sathyadev's life when least expected and changes his life forever. Arun also impressed the audience with his excellent performance.

Meanwhile, the character named Revolver Richard is played by Vivek. The character is a cop who assists Sathyadev. You will remember his one-liners long after watching the movie. This character provides a comic relief; when you think the movie is getting melodramatic, the director brings Revolver Richard in and creates a roar of laughter.

Parvathy Nair, who plays Victor's wife has also done a great job. Other actors like Baby Anikha, Naaser, Daniel Balaji and Ashish Vidhyarthi have also done their part well.

Harris Jayaraj's music is the soul of the movie. It carried the right emotions to the audience and thereby created the whole feel of the movie.

Cinematography by Dan Macarthur is another important aspect of the film. One thing that is commendable is that Dan is a director's cinematographer as he made sure that the movie does not have any over-the-top cinematographic moments. He chose to stay with narrative of the movie with some subtle colouring.

Editing by Antony kept the audience attentive throughout the film.Special mention has to be given to stunt choreographer Silva for making some realistic stunt sequences that adds to the mass feel of the movie.

Overall, "Yennai Arindhaal" is one of the classiest movies of Ajith and Gautham Vasudev Menon is back with a bang with this entertainer.

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/yennai-arin...m-menon-622575

Senior Member Regular Hubber sakthii's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tamilanin Cinema @TamilaninCinema · Feb 3
    Thala Already Broke a Record in #SathyamCinemas !! 75 shows a days, over 9000 people attendance, First Time ever !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Traffic status!

Post Thanks / Like
    Baba Cinemas @babacinemastdx
    #YennaiArindhaal #babacinemas.Balcony & 1st class capacity is 776 seats but more than 1000 people watched at 4am show