Page 55 of 400 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    app,
    Thanks for the pick.. Thanks to the nice write up.

Headphone il kaetka.......... S... apodhu dhan Rajavin Musical Decoration ai enjoy panna muidyum...

Radio vil kaetadhum - sudden chage of Raja.. konjam accept pannika mudiyadha composiition.. padam parthu.. inum nondhu pona experience...........
    anal,
    kalam poga poga.. veru oru Raja theriya theirya.. idhu Great endru manadhu unardhu kolla arambithadhu.
    About the Orchestration - soothing.........sweet................. soft................... lovable........
    idhai pola paatai patri.. ipodhu purindhu konda vishayam - Gazal type endru........

Devadhai - Pahadi ragam kandu pidika therindha pin.. indha paatin mel affection adhigam agi vittadhu.

Instrumentation - Violin - enna oru speed.. enna oru notes..

FLute - kulakaludan konjum.... kuzhandhiayin Thalir nadai madhiri.. kuzhandhai vizhundhu vidumo endru bayathodu parka vaikum oru nadai.... adhu pola indha flute... ipadi kashta padaradhae .. nu......
    Nichayam Flute Vasithavarai migavum ninaithu kolven............. The Greatest Breath Control...........

Beats - mudhal mudhal kaetadhum.. Acharyamaga kaeten... vidham vidhama varugiradhu.. Nirkamal varugiradhae.. epadi.. enna endru..
    andha acharyamum.. asaiyum.. ithanai varudam agiyum siridhum kuraiyavillai............

SPB and SJ - Raja compositiion il niraiya expectation ai yerpaduthinargal..................
    Usha Sankar

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    inum oru vishayam - Instruments - indha paatai apodhu kaeta podhu - ondrum theriyadhu.. instruments patri.. raja songs il therindhu kolla
    arambitha pin.. paatin mel asai adhigam dhan agi irukiradhu..
    indha paatil varum - Key Board.. ipodhu dhan therindhu konden.. idharkaga inum 10 varudam indha paatai kaepen. hahaha...........
    Usha Sankar

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    I mean TMS was able to sing in 1979 right ?
    Per mu kA Azhagiri, TMS is able to sing even today

Possibly IR's difficulties with TMS started in 1979 itself and within a year or so they stopped working together...
    Last edited by app_engine; 24th May 2011 at 12:19 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    நன்றி உஷா சேச்சி!

தேவதை மிகவும் மென்மையான பாடல்!

இசைக்கருவிகளின் குறும்பு இருந்தாலும், பாடகர்களின் மென்மை மனதை அப்படியே மயிலிறகு கொண்டு வருடும்!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Rakesh bhai

You do have a point, but I meant was he "Mainly" changes his voice according to actors, if you notice all his songs for Shivaji, SPB brings out 'Gambeera' voice to suit NT, I can not recall many songs where SPB sings "softly" for NT, except (pottu vaitha mugamo, rajaathi varungadi puthiya raaja vai paarungadi ) , just my opinion I may be wrong
    I'll stick by that. If you notice the subsequent writeup about Pattakatti Bhairavan songs, SPB just sang them the way they should, none of "for NT only" style.

Of course, the man is also a master mimic artist, if you notice the more comedic songs. Like "Enggenggum Kanden amma" (Ulllasa Paravaigal) was originally meant for Tenggai (he didn't act, his role was taken by VA Moorthy). He did Suruli in one movie, then Kamal's Jappanil Kalyanaraman for Kalyanam (two songs I think), and the most impressive was for Radha Ravi channeling his dad's voice in one Prabhu film (Appan Peechu ketpavan yaaru). How can one forget the opening "Yen jodi manja kuruvi" for the effeminate Janagaraj!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Of course, the man is also a master mimic artist, if you notice the more comedic songs.
    groucho, who is on screen for the 'mehboobA' portions of 'varuvAi kaNNA neerAda' in PKB?

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man, I seriously forgot the movie. I must have ejected the deck (VHS) somewhere halfway, sorry app. I'll redirect this question at the NT's thread, the seniors can help.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can one forget the opening "Yen jodi manja kuruvi" for the effeminate Janagaraj!
    It was for Janakaraj ! Fantastic song, all these time I was thinking the song was for Kamal
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Post Thanks / Like
    Just the opening, Raghu. Then, Kamal will take over, SPB voice back to normal.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just the opening, Raghu. Then, Kamal will take over, SPB voice back to normal.
    Oh OK .
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye