Page 217 of 400 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3993

Thread: The Golden Era of Dr.IR and Dr.SPB

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Arabic, Indian classical and Western bgm , Vairamuthu's Varigal , legendary singers Bala And Janu

மஞ்சமே
    தமிழின் மன்றமே
    புதிய சந்தமே சிந்தினேன்

அன்பனே
    இளைய நண்பனே
    கவிதை நண்பனே நம்பினேன்

சொர்ணமே
    அரசஅண்ணமே
    இதழில் யுத்தமே முத்தமே

நெற்றியில்
    வியர்வை சொட்டுமே
    கைகள் பற்றுமே ஒற்றுமே

சோழக்குயில் பாடுகையில்
    சோலைக்குயில் ஓய்வெடுக்கும்
    மெல்லினங்கள் பாடு கண்ணே
    வல்லினங்கள் வாய் வலிக்கும்

சந்தமே இன்பம் தந்தது
    கங்கையே இங்கு வந்ததே
    தென்றலே இன்று நின்றது
    நன்று தான் சந்தம் என்றது
    கன்றுகள் இரண்டு
    இன்று போல் என்றும் வென்று வாழ்கின்றது......
    வாழ்கவே.. வாழ்கவே..chorus

சிறிய பறவை சிறகை விரிக்க துடிக்கிறதே….
    சிறகை விரித்து நிலவை உரச நினைக்கிறதே…
    உதடு உருக
    அமுதம் பருக
    வருகவே….வருகவே…. chorus

நல்ல நேரம் நேரம் நாளும் யோகம் யோகம் வெற்றி மாலைகள் சூடும்......ஜானு'ச yari gagi aata ....கன்னட is my favorite.

Couple of more SPB duets are in this album for our pleasure.

Ilyarajavey saranagadhi!
    Last edited by baroque; 3rd November 2011 at 12:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too thought it's 'pagal nEram', baroque

Quite an unusual time as the song refers nilavu, ninaivu & romance...typically associated with mAlai or later in the TFM context...

nanRi for posting the middle saraNam of siRiya paRavai, very nice part of the song!

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    groucho070,
    Recently went through several of your blog posts and enjoyed your style. You are an amazing writer

Thanks for welcoming me, V_S.
    Last edited by al_gates; 3rd November 2011 at 10:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    #194 தேவை இந்தப்பாவை
    (அந்த ஒரு நிமிடம், 1985 , ஷைலஜாவுடன்)

However listless that movie proved to be, there were a couple other songs besides siRiya paRavai - both listenable and reasonably played around those days- from that movie as baroque observed.

One of them is this number where SPS starts and lasts only briefly before it becomes an all-SPB show. Rather all-Kamal show as one feels Kamal everywhere in the song With nice dancy phrases (with mridh) and some onRippAdal, the saraNam is more enjoyable than the commercially-catchy-but-simple pallavi. I very clearly remember playing this song repeatedly on siththappA's new 80W Panasonic sound system (the other famous Panasonic one was 12W but great for years but this one sounded much better, even on low volumes). By the standards of those days, this cassette had excellent recording quality.

I think by this time the campus interview thing caught up and there was all those discussions about "restricting how many one would attend" etc. I believe in the prior years, there was no such criteria as companies poured into the campus and everyone had more than one job. However, by the time we were completing, there seemed to be not that many coming up. So, they wanted to have "restrictions". (I think similar restrictions on campus interviews exist in most places today). So, the decision was to allow each student to max attend 4 I think, with a condition that, if they get selected in between, only one more. (So, minimum of 2). Since I wasn't sure if I would hit it with just the campus thingy, started applying for any ad on Hindu as "trainee engieer" and undertook travels to Calcutta / Hyderabad / Hosur and such places at the expense of those advertisers (some of them also gave the K Bedi opportunity ).

One thing worth mentioning is the Enfield canteen@ Hosur. WOW! They gave us lunch after the interview in the executive canteen - one of the best, exceeding most star hotel standards! Some of the best chapAti / rottees ever had
    Last edited by app_engine; 4th November 2011 at 12:54 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    high energy poppish Ilayaraja with ANANDHA BHAIRAVI (konja naal poru thaiava.....90s - Deva) with changing styles bgm- tap dancing.

It was my favorite during my hostel days, App_eng.

எப்போடா hostelலேருந்து வெளியில் வந்து இந்த பாடல்களை கேட்ப்போம் என்று இருக்கும்!

I am proud to say, Indian cinema's distinguished actor gave me respite during 90s with his awesome dancing skill.

Thank you, Kamal.

In few months, App_eng on the way to get financial freedom, Good for you!

Nice music break.

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 4th November 2011 at 08:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi, baroque!

siRiya paRavai youtube :

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by al_gates View Post
    groucho070,
    Recently went through several of your blog posts and enjoyed your style. You are an amazing writer

Thanks for welcoming me, V_S.
    Thanks al. Amazing ellAm too much. I'd replace it with "annoying" so that you can keep your article "an".
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lovely songs from Andha Oru Nimidam and lovely posts App. These songs had superb recording quality even when listened through the cassettes. I had them recorded with the CD-recording quality which was more pricier but worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    nanRi rajkumarc!

There was another SPB number from this movie that was good (not the pachchOndhi one, total reject), will listen to the songs before posting it.

nalla nEram nEram is a SJ solo...I don't think SPB was in it...

Post Thanks / Like
    #195 அலைகளில் மிதக்குது நிலவொன்று குளிக்குது
    (அந்த ஒரு நிமிடம், 1985 , ஜானகியுடன்)

Got the song

What a sweet prelude that sets the whole romantic mood! SJ sings with some restraint (though bordering on the mukkal variety, just cuts short of it by a millimeter). SPB izhaindhu izhaindhu pAdukiRAr. Another made-for-Kamal song. rAsA surprises with a relatively unconventional (i.e. until that point of time) shenoy sound in the second interlude for this genre of songs. I think the whole arrangement / feel of this song was some kind of a precursor to many numbers that followed in the coming years. The song enjoyed some listens on tape recorders, buses...

Absolutely no idea of what happens on the screen as I don't remember much about this movie at all. Like someone reminded here, there was that mOdhiram-visham thingy, the three famous tragic lover pairs in the siRiya paRavai song, apart from the 'thEvai' youtube that baroque posted. This alaikaLil song could have been a kanavu scene or nanavu scene but didn't leave any trace of memory.

OTOH, I remember the on-screen irritation of the reject-number-pachchOndhi. Never before a Kamal-IR-SPB number had me irritated so much and most of us couldn't stand the song those days and I don't think it enjoyed any popularity at all. (Same goes with the other kAththiruppadhu pAththiruppadhu SPB/MV duet, though not as irritating as the pachchOndhi). Even my DHIRF friend of Thanjavur could not stand these numbers those days, even though the songs got recorded by default in his TDKs. FF kaNdu pidichcha mahAn vAzhka!

Interestingly, while pachchOndhi won't get a separate post, the word triggered on a very nice childhood memory

The mAdu mEykkum sessions - those precious moments - I had with my appA in the village. He had a classmate-bAlya-snEkithar in town who used to give him some strange requests, for the medical treament of his family members. While the requests typically called for mooligai's - that my dad used to collect and give him every now and then, there were also some special requests from time to time.

For snails & chameleons

Since he was "nagamum-sadhaiyum-with-appA" from childhood, my father used to comply. I also have a suspicion that appA had his own personal thrill in pachchOndhi hunting. So, during a few once-in-a-while-mAdu-mEykkal sessions, he'll look for this jandhu and catch it. I had observed with terror on two occasions. (My schoolmates used to tell that in case a pachchondhi bites our hand, it won't take off the teeth until donkeys from Ezhu oor make sound together ).

Nothing unusual happened anyways as he had a knack of using a string to trap it alive, let it be tied to trees / walls etc at home for a day, let it give us demos on camouflage a few times, before taking it to town for his friend. 'pAvam pachchOndhi'nnu mom used to scold him but he never cared and it was one of his rare entertainments. I used to wonder what his friend did with those chameleons.

Nevertheless, I always enjoyed those sheperding sessions, when the calf used to be in my care. It typically refused to come with us when we start home and dad'll leave it and start just with the cow. I used to get worried losing it but appA will keep walking, telling me not to worry. After leaving it behind for a few hundred meters, the cow will give a "mmmAA" call! Even if the calf had totally disappered from our sight, one should see the speed with which it rushes to its mother!

appadiyE pullarikkum!