Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Threaded View

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yennai Arindhal - Movie was all over the place in the first half. It couldn't stick to one plot. I was so lost in the first half an hour of the movie. Most of it is due to poor editing. Where the first half was nothing but expositions, the second half is where it picks up its pace and the story. GVM can only write one type of cop. Ajith's character is the exact same as Kamal's in VV and Surya's in KK. There was no personality to the character. Only thing going for it was the Ajith's charm. Like vithagan said, if you have seen GVM's previous cop films then you can easily guess what the next scene is going to be. Not that you can't predict it without seeing them either.

I have always had a problem with GVM's writting. He tries so hard to keep the characters and dialogues grounded it comes out so artificial. Some of the dialogues were so poetic; no one in real life talks like that and the characters were so grounded no one is given a standout personality. Only Ajith's natural charm induces some personality
    into his character.

I really can't tell if it is a good movie or a bad one. It really didn't invoke any kind of emotion. It is just another GVM movie.

And GVM, please stop narrating every scene in the movie. We know what is going on without you constantly telling us what is going on. We are not that stupid.
    Last edited by Mr.GreyShirt; 7th February 2015 at 07:28 PM.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement