Page 260 of 400 FirstFirst ... 160210250258259260261262270310360 ... LastLast
Results 2,591 to 2,600 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rachel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    last friday we watched 'the wolf of wall street' starring leonardo. i like leonardo's acting .so went and watched it.

it was based on a real life story of stockbroker Jordan Belfort.

i thought leo's done a very good job and his acting was so fun to watch..

it was black comedy film. altough it was fun to watch , but some scenes make you so uncomfortable. :embarrassed:

right from the start i haven't found any conversation between people without using f-word in their sentences.
    every second throughout the movie you will hear fword

and sex scenes and lots of nudity, hookers ...........so gross to watch... :embarrassed:

and then plenty of drug use....

if we can tolerate these f-words and sex , then it was really funny movie. they tells the bad things like money fraud, cheating the clients, hiding money from FBI, sex with hookers and coccaine use in a funny way, that makes you laugh and make us sit 3 whole hours in the seats

there are many good scenes.

this is the scene i loved and i could not stop laughing..

leo and his friend take drugs to feel good, then leo receives a call from his lawyer to call him back from a payphone immediately. he takes his luxury car and makes the call. in the middle of his serious conversation the drug has started to work. he could not talk and his voice became squeaky, and he could not stand, he fell to the ground, he couldn't move his legs as he wanted ,but he has to go back to his home assp. he decided to crawl back to the car falling from the steps and things that follow after that were so so hilarious

i hope leo wins his oscar for his role..but some scenes are :embarrassed:
    Last edited by rachel; 3rd March 2014 at 05:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vallinam - two and and a half pointer.

A clear message from director about sports in india. The movie is easy to relate to when you dont live in India (cricket craze). Movie was racy but some commercial elements in the movie slowed it down. Thaman.S didnt do good in any of the songs but BGM was good and suited the mileue of the movie.

So far this year Vallinam is one of the better movies. Kudos to director Arivazhagan.
    God bless all

Senior Member Regular Hubber srimal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thegidi - good movie.... interesting and intelligent

I'd love to watch a part II of same genre ...!!!

btw whatever happened to nimirndhu nil ??? i searched for tickets to NN and ended up watching Thegidi (and ofcourse i dint regret that )

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    malini 22 palayamkoattai - waste film

Senior Member Diamond Hubber HonestRaj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ulagam sutrum valiban
    - multi starrer (villains Nambiyar, Asokan, manohar)
    - multi leading ladies
    - multi locales.. east asian trip by the usv crew (hong kong, bangkok, singapore, tokyo.. etc.)

- one man MGR, double role

- film might be exciting for people those days when films are mostly shot in studios.. but now, the film is not interesting.. tests our patience.. 3 hr for this east asian tourism video mixed with good songs & villains, scenes inspired from bond films..
    - USV should be termed as over hyped masala of those days similar to what we see now for most of big releases

Post Thanks / Like
    Aaha Kalyanam - Oho pramaatham

Movie works to me because of the main cast. Nani is humourous and loud mouthed. Vani Kapoor is good looking and talented actress. Simran did a cameo which reminded me of her getting frustrated on a tv show.

Another highlight is Dharan's songs. Esp Punch Song, Benchila ninnu aada vaikkum paattu.

I usually enjoy commercial masala flicks, which made me sceptic before watching the movie Nevertheless, another movie in 2014 that I dont hate.
    God bless all

Post Thanks / Like
    Thegidi - job well done

Surprising movie of the year so far. Director P. Ramesh made a movie that is better than some of etablished directors has done in recent years. Commendable job by entire cast. And climax is still making my head spin around. BGM is adequate, they could easily have made this movie without songs, which would have made it more gripping.

Do not underestimate tamil cinema, talens are there, and they will be spotted and rewarded.
    God bless all

9. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ninaithathu Yaaro - Retrostyle

This is a movie which could have done good business in 90's. There are several VIPs in the movie, did he try to make a movie43? Watching the movie is like listening to morale preach from family members.. do this.. dont do that. Of all the lalala style songs, Kaireghai Polathaan was hummable.

The thing that annoyed me most was friend dreaming song sequence about hero and heroine. When will they stop that?

If i have to say something positive about the movie its the length: only 1 hour 59 mins.
    God bless all

Senior Member Veteran Hubber 19thmay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thegidi - Interesting to an extent. The problem with this movie was that it was easy to guess the X..however the way hero decodes the issue was good.

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thegidi - could have been a great movie, but due to below-average screenplay, turned out to be an average movie.

hero's father character was unnecessary - didn't add anything to the movie
    hero has two house - one in native place and one in chennai - didn't add anything to the movie
    hero does not have a cellphone - we are being reminded of this at least 4 times in the movie
    i could go on...

problem with this movie and biriyani movie is that it appears that the writers have written the script and then decided "hmm... who is the least possible suspect".. ah lets pick him as the villian.

that is what seperates mediocre thrillers and novels from agatha christie. agatha picks a character and a strong motive before she starts writing but adds lots of red herring to ensure that we look elsewhere...
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

13. Likes mappi liked this post