View Poll Results: What makes VIJAY 58, an exciting prospect?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • GENRE: Vijay's first Fantasy Entertainer

20 66.67%
  • CAST: Presence of names such as Sridevi, Sudeep and Sruthi Haasan

3 10.00%
  • DIRECTOR: Chimbudevan, an off-beat director on-board

5 16.67%
  • REACH: Vijay's first movie made in more than one language

2 6.67%

Thread: PULI - Ilayathalapathy VIJAY| Sruthi Haasan | Sudeep | Chimbudevan | DSP |

Threaded View

Member Devoted Hubber maniram_1234's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Fantasy is a genre which is not often touched in Tamil cinema. And when you have a mass hero like Vijay, a sane director could've done wonders with the genre. Chimbudeven completely messed it up with a pretty ordinary story and worst screenplay. Baahubali had a simple story too but SSR ensured that we were glued to the screen because of the presentation. That's completely missing in Puli.

Vijay was not comfortable with the role. Somehow his body language and dialogue delivery didn't work for me. Looked and sounded artificial. For a man who nailed it in the Kaththi press meet scene, this was unacceptable

Contrary to my expectations, both music was reasonably good and CG was top notch. My heart goes out to those VFX guys who've done a great job which will only go unnoticed.

Shruthi should compel her directors to use a professional dubbing artist for her. I simply couldn't listen to her voice.

Wasting Sridevi,Sudeep and others didn't bother me much as that was the smallest of many issues with the film.

All said, I still feel sorry for Vijay for trying out something different but ending up on the losing side. But at least in the future, he should chose solid scripts and entrust only capable directors with big budget projects.

How good it would be if i suddenly wake up and find its just a nightmare!!
    Mindset of kaththi is affecting even fans of vijay
    This is the only thing I am jealous of ajith even during his toughest time ajith fans stood withhim
    Vijay is badly missing those die hard fans his side
    Saw 2 times today night sangam fans enjoyed a lot
    Let collections speak

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement