Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Films recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mappi View Post
    For me, its Shirley Bassey's Goldfinger, followed by Live and Let Die by Wings. After a terrifying Bond Opening scene, Tina Turner voice is what a Bond soundtrack needs. Then ofcoarse you got Madonna.

I said since the Timothy Dalton years - before his years, there were quite a few memorable Bond title tracks - all of Shirley Bassey's songs were terrific
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

2. Likes mappi liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will hold "writing's on the wall" over "let the skyfall"and that's mostly because of the wonderful opening title credits. The way it's been conceptualised with Bond in flames and all the main characters of the last four films coming in really made the difference. As a standalone probably the latter. But I got to hear both only through the opening credits. So hence my opinion...Spectre was good except that I wished they had used Waltz a little better. Silva towers over Blofeld in my opinion...
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

5. Likes mappi liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the title credit of Spectre is intelligent, that hits from time to time with certain visuals in the film. Moreover, its all about Spectre and its child organisations, which are beautifully assembled during the Title card.

Coming to Bond girls, there is another titbit in Spectre about 'Bond beds Women'. Lucia Sciarra & Madeleine Swann are 2 different females, in age as well as looks. And the best part is when Blofled gives a clue how much younger Miss Swann is compared to them (include Bond), when he says she was a little girl when he visited her father. These details in Spectre were far most the best expressed in the Bond series.

Spectre is witty too, even in melodramatic suituations. Addressing Money Penny after watching Ex-M's instructions, Bond says "She works even after her death".

Also the scene at L'Americain is somber : "Who sent you? Who are you working for?". Everyone were laughing, I was like wanting to hug Bond.

And Q gets the ultimate lines : "I asked you to bring it back in one piece, not just one piece"

There is another funny moment when the Aston gets reserved for 009, and Q offers Bond just a watch -

Bond: What can it do?
    Q: It tells the time.

Tiny light moments are floated all over the movie.

And about Blofled : When it comes to the character, Blofled got a sufficient runtime as Bond's nemesis. Neatly packed, enlarging the mystery within a mystery. But when it comes to Waltz who plays Blofled, I am in total agreement with you. Raises another question : For Fan's sake if Waltz got more footage, would it not take the charm out of the Bond Film ? I thought, "I am a visionary", summarises most of it about Blofled.

(And "Hello Pussy" was an excellent touch ... LoL)

Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    the Bond franchise carefully chooses female leads that will be liked by both genders!
    I second that.
    Last edited by mappi; 12th November 2015 at 12:29 AM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    They say the original was in french, PP! Belated happy deepaavali to you!
    Oh! French! I didn't listen properly when my sons talked about the original.(Not fully out of jet lag, I guess!)
    Thanks and belated wishes to you, thamiz!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

Junior Member Senior Hubber arulraj's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watched vedalam in my ho.. theatre ... ennaththa solla sollavonnum illa...below average..Nothing is worked for me. ..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber PARAMASHIVAN's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    சில்க் ஸ்மிதா அவர்கள், கமலை பார்த்து ஒரு விவகாரமான 'romantic look' மாதிரி ஒரு look in மூன்றாம் பிறை - அந்த scene கொஞ்சம் வயத்தை கலகிச்சு!
    Lol, I still remember that

Julia Roberts? guess what, JR apparently is not exactly liked by a lot of women! seriously, thats why the Bond franchise carefully chooses female leads that will be liked by both genders!
    Really any reason ?? What about Demi moore ? she got everything to be a bond girl !
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vedhalam - A very unintelligent movie filled with clichés and hero worship. A movie apt for Siva but not for Ajith. The innocent act and the transformation does not work at all especially when the transformed act does not resemble the flashback Ajith one bit.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks,

Kind request.... Why don't you post TV/VD reviews in the "Respective" threads?
    Om Namaste astu Bhagavan Vishveshvaraya Mahadevaya Triambakaya Tripurantakaya Trikalagni kalaya kalagnirudraya Neelakanthaya Mrutyunjayaya Sarveshvaraya Sadashivaya Shriman Mahadevaya Namah Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye Om Om Namah Shivaye

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PARAMASHIVAN View Post
    Folks,

Kind request.... Why don't you post TV/VD reviews in the "Respective" threads?
    They do it, in order to avoid giving -ve reviews in the respective threads. You know how the fans will react!
    This is a very big world!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thamiz View Post
    They do it, in order to avoid giving -ve reviews in the respective threads. You know how the fans will react!
    I know, but they should be able to handle "Constructive" criticism as well

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast