Page 376 of 400 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thani Oruvan

A neat slick thriller backed by good performances from Ravi, Arvind Swamy and Nayan. Jeyam Raja comes out of his 'Remake Raja' tag in style. Go for it!!

Sent from my Micromax A102 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber dell_gt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Thani Oruvan

A neat slick thriller backed by good performances from Ravi, Arvind Swamy and Nayan. Jeyam Raja comes out of his 'Remake Raja' tag in style. Go for it!!

Yerp.. slick thriller.. like it

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    #UttamaVillain#

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting news about Thani oruvan

A software business analysis company has worked on the script of the movie. The kind of feedbacks the movie now gets clearly shows it's high time, our movie directors and producers engage in using specialized services for every department of the movie making and director just taking the role of a project manager.

The first movie project done by "Business consultant" in tamil industry.
    Fhyzics Business Consultants Private Limited just completed its maiden business analysis project for the movie industry. Insiders of the industry claims that this is the first ever formal arrangement where a consulting firm specialized in business analysis was hired by a production house for a film project.

Movie Thani Oruvan
    Producer AGS Entertainment
    Director Jayam Raja
    Starred by Jayam Ravi and Nayantara

How it all happened? Around April 2012, I met my close friend BS Mubarak an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer after a longtime since our civil service training days at Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration, Mussoorie. I was explaining Mubarak what our company is doing and indicating the potential areas where business analysis could make a great impact. I was telling him that our company believes in 'Blue Ocean Strategy' popularized by W.Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne (a book from Harvard Business Review Press). At Fhyzics, we are always willing to venture into unexplored markets and I mentioned that Film Industry is one such area we have identified. About in a weeks time, he told me that one of his childhood friend, Mr. Jayam Raja is looking for such kind of support in his upcoming movie project. Soon we met, Fhyzics team explained Director Raja, how we can add value in his movie project. After couple of meetings, both the sides felt that we are going to make a difference in the movie industry and the deal was signed.

Jayam Raja a leading director and a household name in Tamilnadu and has given several blockbusters such as Jayam (2003), M.Kumaran S/o Mahalakshmi (2004), Something Something ... Unakkum Enakkum (2006), Sathosh Subramaniam (2008), Thillalangadi (2010) and Velayudham (2011). He is a thorough professional and works like a CEO in corporate sector. Director Raja is very punctual, detail oriented, values opinions and motivates the team until everyone gets an 'ahha' experience. Fhyzics team worked with him almost for about one-year before the commencement of film shooting.

Many questioned us how business analysis can help a movie project? Let me ask you, what is business analysis? Business analysis is all about gathering the requirements, analyzing them and recommending the solution. That's all we did in this movie project as well. We met the director at least couple of times during a week and had detailed discussions around the requirements. Then our team will get into the research and recommends the solution. The solution is composed of various plots in movie, structure of the movie, innovative elements and authentic facts. For various reasons, I am not able to get into the specifics, but when you watch the movie you will feel the difference. It is a fine balance between entertainment, logic and authenticity.

http://businessanalysiscertification...s-private.html
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    I read somewhere he is tieing up again with jeeva
    http://www.indiaglitz.com/rajesh-nex...ws-140693.html
    http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/raje...um-036434.html

எரிச்சலடைந்த இயக்குநர் ராஜேஷ், "நிச்சயம் இது அல்ல என் அடுத்த படத் தலைப்பு. அதேநேரம், என்னமோ நான்தான் குடிக்கும் காட்சிகளை வைப்பது போல சிலர் பேசுகிறார்கள். எல்லோரும்தான் அந்த மாதிரி காட்சிகளை வைக்கிறார்கள். கதைக்கு தேவை என்பதால் அப்படி வைக்க வேண்டியிருக்கிறது," என்று கூறியுள்ளார். அதற்காக சதா சர்வகாலமும் டாஸ்மாக் பாரிலேயே திரைக்கதை நொண்டியடித்தால் எப்படி ராஜேஷ்!
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    I can't stand Vijay TV comedy shows. They sometimes do this in the movies too. Whenever they tell a joke they put an annoying sound to indicate that's a joke and we must now laugh. It is the same with laugh tracks
    Vikraman/S.A.Rajkumar do it in all their movies.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber interz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thani Oruvan - Raja Kaiya vacha wronga ponathilla...

Definately among best movies in 2015 so far. It is a relief to watch movie of this range after watching crappy movies recently. Jeyam Ravi, Arvind Swami and Nayanthara did great job. Supporting cast backed up the leads as well. Not everything is great about the movie like the songs and BGM. Despite that I dont regret watching this gripping movie.
    God bless all

Senior Member Regular Hubber srimal's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thani oruvan

Can't believe that this was filmed by Jayam 'remake' Raja. He's worked really hard on the script.. SUBA again I think.. these guys are amazing at times

I like the screenplay, casting, music bgm etc etc. Arvindswamy stole the show... He was the sole relief in Kadal and I am glad he is back... what a guy, what a role and he is probably THE villain of the year... great comeback !! Hope to see more of him in Tamil cinema !

After that fiasco of Sakalakala vallavan, this is a great role for Ravi - he did a neat job - good break for him. He is always at his best with his brother anyway

I this I like this post-PD-breakup Nayantara the most...even more than Ayya and CM...she has class, is more stylish and chooses her roles well !! the cameraman has been kind and she looks gorgeous ! the songs were unnecessary, but neatly executed... half hour irukkuna duet padanuma !?? anyway - it was popcorn break

A slickly executed intelligent thriller.. must watch for movie buffs..

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    * Spoilers ahead

Thani oruvan: Pretty interesting movie. The highest point of the movie is 'Aravindswamy', brilliant performance of the year. The next high point is Thambi Ramaya. Whenever, you had any of the above two on screen, there were only fire works. Wish they could have added additional dimensions to the 'Aravindswamy' character.

I felt like, the pace of last 30 minutes was very quick and kind of rushing to climax. The evidence whatever Mitran had against siddharth was very weak in my opinion and not convincing enough. (A writer like David Baldacci could have made it more interesting and convincing)

I think, the movie have enough potential to have a sequel with the siddarth as the bad guy again but unfortunately the climax had a clear full stop to it. The climax could have been little different, after all, no one wants a versatile character to die and atleast I do expect the character to remain alive and keep creating so many exciting moments.
    Last edited by easygoer; 30th August 2015 at 10:35 PM.
    Know something about everything and go deeper in one thing

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Easygoer,

Pls add a spoiler alert.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would liked to see more interaction between Siddarth and Mitran. I felt Mitran was lacking a little as a character and more interaction with Siddarth would have helped. Mitran's most interesting thing was his obsession with Siddarth. I wish the director played around with that.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard