Page 379 of 400 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 3992

Thread: Film / Documentary - Recently watched & worthy of some discussion

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahen View Post
    if thats the case, credit should go to the script writer not nayan..if a role is good, even karthika wont look annoying
    Not necessarily, bro. Best example is Avantika from Baahubali. The character was a well written one and she is pivotal to the story linking Shivu to the city of Magizhmadhi. But Tammu spoilt it with her body language and she appeared as the only weak link in the otherwise perfect film. For acting as a warrior girl, you don't have to walk with an open chest and closed fists. A fiery look is more than enough. Such nuances differentiate a good actor from an actor or say, Anushka or Nayan from Tammu.

//Not pointing out Tamannaah because she is your favorite heroine. But when i thought of heroines spoiling (at least a bit) a good film, unfortunately only Baahubali comes to my mind in the recent times. I understand you haven't watched the film yet. When you do, pls check it out //

Sent from my Micromax A102 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ajaybaskar; 2nd September 2015 at 04:35 PM.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. Likes gane14 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Not necessarily, bro. Best example is Avantika from Baahubali. The character was a well written one and she is pivotal to the story linking Shivu to the city of Magizhmadhi. But Tammu spoilt it with her body language and she appeared as the only weak link in the otherwise perfect film. For acting as a warrior girl, you don't have to walk with an open chest and closed fists. A fiery look is more than enough. Such nuances differentiate a good actor from an actor or say, Anushka or Nayan from Tammu.

//Not pointing out Tamannaah because she is your favorite heroine. But when i thought of heroines spoiling (at least a bit) a good film, unfortunately only Baahubali comes to my mind in the recent times. I understand you haven't watched the film yet. When you do, pls check it out //

Blame should be on DIRECTOR...

Post Thanks / Like
    Who? Rajamouli? Okie..

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who? Rajamouli? Okie..

Twice I watched, twice there was laugh in the scene where she walks from the crowd to take up the mission...Why Director missed these... ?

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree that director should take the blame for the scene that ajay highlighted..Walking, mannerism ellam directoroda vellai..only expression is a gift
    Last edited by Mahen; 2nd September 2015 at 05:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by balaajee View Post
    Twice I watched, twice there was laugh in the scene where she walks from the crowd to take up the mission...Why Director missed these... ?
    When he is capable of etching out a character like Sivagami and getting the best out of Ramya Krishnan, will he not be able to get the best out of his other artistes too? சட்டில இருந்தாதானே அகப்பைல வரும்?

Wait and watch, Anushka will nail it in the second part as Devasena.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    But if you are blaming Rajamouli for casting the wrong person, yeah, I agree

- Bernard Shaw

Junior Member Senior Hubber Mr.GreyShirt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not necessarily, bro. Best example is Avantika from Baahubali. The character was a well written one
    I whole heartedly disagree. She is one my most hated character in the movie. The director made her a strong warrior who cared more about looking beautiful.
    It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
    - Robert H. Goddard

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GreyShirt View Post
    I whole heartedly disagree. She is one my most hated character in the movie. The director made her a strong warrior who cared more about looking beautiful.
    Tamanna cant act - simple. Just like Prashant who worked with Balu Mahendra, Maniratnam, Shankar etc. You cant blame the directors.

12. Likes mexicomeat liked this post
    Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Avadi to America's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post
    Tamanna cant act - simple. Just like Prashant who worked with Balu Mahendra, Maniratnam, Shankar etc. You cant blame the directors.
    Just stole my words.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is

14. Likes rajeshkrv liked this post