PDA

View Full Version : IR New Albums - Ver 2006

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

irir123
17th November 2006, 02:04 AM
guys, I distinctly remember RK.Selvamani's(who made Captain Prabhakaran and Adhiradi Padai)interview in a Tamil weekly some 8 years ago - for some movie of RK which was to have been directed by R.K.Selvamani , RKS wanted IR for music - superstar had apparently wanted Deva or ARR instead, since "neenga venumnaa IR musicai virumbalam - aanaal makkal yedhai virumbarangalo, adhaithaney naama koduthha thaaney, padam odum" - and only because of this RKS refused to direct that movie and the director was someone else
even in a 1994 STAR Plus interview (Karan Thapar's show), SPB spoke for almost an hour - and never mentioned IR even ONCE! but spoke about everyone else, including Deva and the "Hum aapke hain kaun" music director!
maybe none of this have anything to do with IR avoiding RK movies and also SPB for many of his songs in the late 90s and 2000s, but then....hmmmm...:-?

sloshed
17th November 2006, 04:22 AM
Seeing all the discussions above.. I am just forced to type..

IR is a musical genius - Fact
IR is a staunch thesist - Fact
IR is a complete professional - Fact
IR has an bloated ego - Fact
All creative geniuses (except ARR) have a bloated ego - Fact

From my limited knowledge... IR is a biggest boon/brand in TN ... there is nobody who hasnt been touched by his music at one point or the other.... but its also eveident through thte many fights that he is/has in the past.. that he does not have a down to earth personality. And Lo! that is what made IR where he is... I have come across so many artistes... be it pandits/dancers/singers/rock bands u name it.. tell me who doesnt have this bloated egos... there are some people who refused to come to sing if there is no alcohol and does treat them with utmost respect...I can recount so many instances of high handedness of artistes...
But people still give them an ear becuase of their talents.... I think ego is necessary for the individual to attain great heights .... but bloated egos???
The problem is IR is used to adoration of his talents... his recent interviews where he talks/treat others like shit....

can you picturise this .... @ every interview IR says " I composed like this and then that guy said.. you are the furst guy in the world to do this " ....

We all have made one of the greatest mistakes of our lives by not giving IR his due... but IR shouldnt start to brag ... recent example "Kuppai padams" ...
IR hasnt come to terms that TFM is ready to move on without him....offcourse we dont want him to move out either... any piece of musical output from him is always a blesssing...

Lets be fans to his music... fans to his growth from a villager to a musical genius.... fans to his clear thought process about religion... and not to this ego.... let him be ......No amount of misadventure from IR's part is gonna rob him off his fans...

I really think this is where ARR stand apart.... his humility is just astounding.... hats off to him.....

kavin
17th November 2006, 06:57 AM
I wonder if it is the lack of that 'whatever' ego, that ARR has failed to go beyond what he can. he did try and had one barrier to overcome but fell backwards after his Birmingham debacle. he never recovered from this even though he claimed he was still a student and therefore?

Part of IR's success is I believe due to that 'ego' he nurtured and tested to its limits - though it does not excuse the insight he lacks after having reached his limits. Or is it me who lacks insight!

Shankar
17th November 2006, 09:37 AM
kavin,
All said, you cannot question ARR's humility. I've seen some composers (who are non-entities) boasting about their songs, and when I give them a negative feedback when asked to review their songs, they come back and say I don't know music :-).

ivangLE ippadi nA people like Raja and arr should have BIG ego...but arr has been humble so far. Good for him.

The only instance I saw the case of 'sour-grapes' was when he said he wasn't interested in composing symphony because he didn't find it interesting or some such thing. (after the birmingham debacle).

Tamilan
17th November 2006, 12:48 PM
IR behind two kannadians

http://features.ibnlive.com/features/2006/goldensouth/tn/result_tn.php

Renault
17th November 2006, 01:41 PM
I know that Rajini was not too happy about IR taking much credit for the success of Veera (their last film together).

Rajini wanted Deva's Hey.. Hey.. kind of crap to bloat up his image...

selvakumar
17th November 2006, 02:10 PM
Rajini wanted Deva's Hey.. Hey.. kind of crap to bloat up his image...

IR behind two kannadians

Renault, :wink: Adding some more weight to my statement :lol:

MADDY
17th November 2006, 03:41 PM
IR behind two kannadians

http://features.ibnlive.com/features/2006/goldensouth/tn/result_tn.php

:huh:

who is a Kannadiga there??? hey Rajinikanth is a marathi-konkan guy......his surname Gaekwad is a typical Marathi name.......woh marathi maanus aaheth.... :lol:

but rajini is a bangalorean, if i'm not wrong.......who else??? abdul kalam, EVR looked tamil to me???

rajasaranam
17th November 2006, 03:46 PM
EVR is a Kannada Nayakkar. but his ancestors settled long back in Tamilnadu and since he fought for the tamil community he is better known as 'Thamizhar Thanthai' And yes Rajini is a Maratha.
And the tamilans post is to instigate some language based discrimination i believe That is unwelcome here :wink:

Nakeeran
17th November 2006, 03:47 PM
Maddy,

Me too :roll:

M.S.Subbulakshmi I believe is originally from AP but settled down in TN.
Shivaji rao gaekwad actually is a hardcore maratha who was brought up in Bangalore later became a super * in TN

EVRamasamy was born in Vaikkam , Kerala , lived in TN

Dr. Kalam, V.Anand and Isainyani qualify for being tamil origin

But why this linguistic / statewise identity again and again even after 50 years :evil:

Makkal thirundhave mataangalaa ? :cry:

rajasaranam
17th November 2006, 03:52 PM
EVRamasamy was born in Vaikkam , Kerala , lived in TN

EeVeRa Periyaar was not born in kerala, he went for a struggle at Vaikkam temple Demanding the entry of Naayars and Pulaiyars who were not allowed inside by the Namboodris, and hence came to be known as 'Vaikkam Veerar'

kameshratnam
17th November 2006, 03:55 PM
Rajasaranam whom did u vote for??

rajasaranam
17th November 2006, 04:02 PM
Kamesh,
I voted for both :wink: Raaja and periyaar

selvakumar
17th November 2006, 04:48 PM
I voted for EVR ! Let us keep the source aside guys ! Let us view their contributions. Why so much discussions and clarifications. I think we can stop ! Let me the first one to :shhh: on this !

BTW, Apart from NAAN KADAVUL, what are all the movies IR is working on currently ? :?

Renault
17th November 2006, 08:37 PM
Selva, here goes the list:

1. Maaya Kannadi (Cheran)
2. Mammooty's periodic movie in Malayalam
3. Two Telugu movies (one for Vamsi)
4. Cheeni Kum (HIndi with Amitabh bachhan and Tabu)
5. Ajantha (Tamil with new faces).

I may have missed quite a few here.. this list can further be extended ... to my knowledge.

selvakumar
17th November 2006, 08:50 PM
Thanks a lot Renault !
Tamil + Telugu + Hindi + Malayaalam :shock:
:)

rajasaranam
17th November 2006, 09:07 PM
Renault you missed out 'Nandalala' Directed by Mysskin and the remake of Pithamagan in Kannada :)
He should be the only one working in all south indian languages and also in hindi right now :)

Thanks a lot Renault !
Tamil + Telugu + Hindi + Malayaalam + Kannada :shock:
:wink:

raja_fan
17th November 2006, 10:02 PM
I read Ravikrishna's interview in Kungumam.

He says "IR accepted Nandhalala happily. The songs will be new".
According to him, the shooting is yet to start and will hit the theatres in September.
I wonder which September ? One year to wait for the movie ?

irir123
17th November 2006, 11:43 PM
"CHeeni Kum" has been in the pipeline for almost a year now! when is it gonna be releases ? :-<

Renault
18th November 2006, 08:09 AM
Hindi films always take great production time, unless it's from RGV factory.

raja_fan
18th November 2006, 09:36 AM
This happens only with IR !
Nobody else.

His forth coming films always remain to be forth coming.
Still we do not know the fate of Maayakannadi, Cheeni Kum, Aadum koothu, now Nandhalala seems to have got added to the list !

It has been atleast a year now since we had a tamil album from IR. Infact, I have forgotten what his last tamil album was !

kameshratnam
18th November 2006, 09:41 AM
Rajasaranam,

I have the following requests...Can u upload the following ?

All songs of the malayalam film Guru

Devathai - End Credit music
House full - End credit music

Thanks

raja_fan
18th November 2006, 12:54 PM
Can anybody point me to the following song to download ?

Potene poovilangu ( Poovilangu).

K
18th November 2006, 08:33 PM
cooltoad.com

raja_fan
18th November 2006, 10:26 PM
K,

I was not able to find it there. That is why I posted a request here.

sudhakarg
18th November 2006, 10:32 PM
I'm eagerly looking for Nandalala. I think I read somewhere that the movie revolves around children, and given that IR is a proud "thaththa" now, the songs should simply flow.... Can't wait for Nandalala's release.

rooky
19th November 2006, 11:49 AM
Nobody else.

Still we do not know the fate of Maayakannadi, Cheeni Kum, Aadum koothu, now Nandhalala seems to have got added to the list !

It has been atleast a year now since we had a tamil album from IR. Infact, I have forgotten what his last tamil album was !

This year (2006), he had these releases:

Rasathantram(Malyalam)
Pachakuthirai (malayalam)
Madhu(Tamil)
Siva (Hindi)
Hope (Telugu)
Thesiyaparavai(Tamil)

Of these movies, Rasathatram turned out to a super hit while none of the others managed,even a reasonable run

Renault
19th November 2006, 01:19 PM
Neatly compiled Rooky.

njv
19th November 2006, 09:08 PM
Nobody else.

This year (2006), he had these releases:

Rasathantram(Malyalam)
Pachakuthirai (malayalam)
Madhu(Tamil)
Siva (Hindi)
Hope (Telugu)
Thesiyaparavai(Tamil)

Of these movies, Rasathatram turned out to a super hit while none of the others managed,even a reasonable run

What about the following
Kastoorimaan
Chidambarathil Oru Appusamy

Are they 05/06

rajaalltheway
19th November 2006, 10:58 PM
"CHAKRAVAALAM"...DIRECTION:BALU MAHENDRA LYRICS:VAALEE
Starring.JAYARAM RAMYAKRISHNAN SARITA VAYYAPURI
Source:Malayala Manorama--20-11-2Kr

rajaalltheway
19th November 2006, 11:11 PM
[Of these movies, Rasathatram turned out to a super hit while none of the others managed,even a reasonable run]....[/
Of these movies, Rasathatram turned out to a super hit while none of the others managed,even a reasonable run]
One superhit from 6 releases is pretty good i believe.

NagaS
20th November 2006, 08:40 AM
"CHAKRAVAALAM"...DIRECTION:BALU MAHENDRA LYRICS:VAALEE
Starring.JAYARAM RAMYAKRISHNAN SARITA VAYYAPURI
Source:Malayala Manorama--20-11-2Kr

This must be the good old 'julie ganapathy' ... but vaalee can write malayalam lyrics? thats a surprice :)

NagaS

Pveena
20th November 2006, 09:05 AM
Anyone know where to get mp3s for "Ver"?

thanks in advance!

vigneshram
20th November 2006, 11:34 AM
Good to see you back NagaS

raja_fan
20th November 2006, 04:58 PM
I am not able to see some guys for a looong time in this forum.. There was a guy called SPM ( SP Mahendran I think ) who used to frequently post. Where is he now ??

RS, any idea ?

app_engine
20th November 2006, 09:28 PM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Reporter/2006-11-23/pg5.php

another mini-controversy...Raja asked ajantha producer not to use his name on posters after the alleged comment of the producer that he can make 10 isaignAni's out of newbies...

sudhakarg
20th November 2006, 10:55 PM
raja_fan,

The regulars are probably not coming to this forum (or just being silent) since there have not been many Tamizh releases of IR this year. Its true that movies like Rasathantram may have been a hit, but does it carry the same weight as that of a Tamizh movie? (to me it does'nt)

Also, these apparently hit Malayalam songs are not in the same league as say Guru or Yaathra Mozhi or Friends... IMHO

MrJudge
21st November 2006, 10:24 AM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Reporter/2006-11-23/pg5.php

another mini-controversy...Raja asked ajantha producer not to use his name on posters after the alleged comment of the producer that he can make 10 isaignAni's out of newbies...

Is he the one who extracted 35 songs from Raja? hmmm.... not even one Isaignani emerged in the last 14 years and he can make 10? do I see smoke in the whole episode or is it just me?

rajaalltheway
25th November 2006, 12:24 AM
I remember hearing Ajantas director saying 'the real hero of this film is RAJA SIR' in the Indiaglitz videos

MrJudge
25th November 2006, 10:53 AM
Watched the preview of "kaathal arangam", IR has used one of the tracks from HTNI. Shocked and wondering how he agreed to compose music for this movie :shock:

K
26th November 2006, 05:21 PM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2006-11-29/pg4.php

K
26th November 2006, 05:24 PM
that link was about Thalaivar at Barathiraja Son Wedding

12bums
26th November 2006, 11:49 PM
I don't think IR has composed the music for the film. The director has conveniently used a track from HTNI for the trailer and used IR's name.

selvakumar
28th November 2006, 12:35 PM
Watched the preview of "kaathal arangam", IR has used one of the tracks from HTNI. Shocked and wondering how he agreed to compose music for this movie :shock:

HTNI :?: :?

MrJudge
28th November 2006, 12:50 PM
I don't think IR has composed the music for the film. The director has conveniently used a track from HTNI for the trailer and used IR's name.

IR indeed has scored for this movie. In a recent interview that popped up during the EVR movie controversy, Prabhakaran, the director of KA, clarified that IR has scored splendid BGM for about 15 mins of scenes involving EVR's character. Looks like IR agreed him to use the track for the preview.

Selvakumar:

HTNI = How to name it

vem
29th November 2006, 03:46 AM
guys
Time has changed a lot !!! But tamil stories never change.

The concept of heroine sacrificing her body to the hero for sex is well known to us :)

It was the concept in Mogamul movie. Same here in Kadhal arangam. The reason why it is made is different although .

In mogamul, it is hero's obsession on her voluptuous body, and here, it is the impending love failure that forces her to dedicate her body to our hero. Infact, it was also shown partially in Punnagai mannan.

The erotic content ofcourse has increased significantly over time. This time, the heroine is almost nude, and after 5 years, we can certainly expect another basic instinct movie in Tamil, and the director would still say then that it is not Adult content :)

Most of the tamil directors (particularly Balachandar, Shankar,....) depend on

1. Heroine's body (particularly saree less scenes)
2. Good music
3. Good BGM

and sometimes on good stories and good direction :)

My 2 cents for today :)

buggle
29th November 2006, 09:51 PM
Controversy never end i guess..

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2006/november/281106.asp

njv
1st December 2006, 08:34 AM
Most of the tamil directors (particularly Balachandar, Shankar,....) depend on

1. Heroine's body (particularly saree less scenes)
2. Good music
3. Good BGM

and sometimes on good stories and good direction :)

My 2 cents for today :)

I agree with you 200% on Balachandar. Shankar ... not sure. He just trying to mix all ingrediants to make a masala movie. Balachandar is using it to enjoy himself.

K
1st December 2006, 02:22 PM
saw poster today in chennai about Flim Launch of DHANAM music by Ilayaraja swamigal(Thalaivar than)

irir123
2nd December 2006, 07:25 AM
Digression: guys i heard that Marudhanayagam trailer is out! is it true ?

itsmuls
2nd December 2006, 02:20 PM
Inauguration of 'Dhanam' with heroine Sangeetha

"The film is full of emotional drama, so the apt music composer can be none other than Isaignani."

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/01122006-2.shtml

K
2nd December 2006, 09:12 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/interview/rasika_061202.html

crvenky
3rd December 2006, 01:07 PM
Any press releases on Ajanta movie audio? It was supposed to be released in Madurai yesterday. Has anybody heard it?

pradeep2006
3rd December 2006, 05:13 PM
One more best possible way u have explained about IR. Know Ilayaraja Know music. No Ilayaraja no music. Nice to repeat and repeat and re....

pradeep2006
3rd December 2006, 05:27 PM
Title has already been annouced. It is "Anumanaaspadam"

Osho
3rd December 2006, 08:58 PM
Digression,
I vaguely remember karthick raja's comment on the vulture scene. Just one word, awesome. Here's the link

http://www.desitrain.com/2006/11/28/trailer-of-kamal-haasans-marudhanayagam/

Nitya
4th December 2006, 03:51 AM
One more best possible way u have explained about IR. Know Ilayaraja Know music. No Ilayaraja no music. Nice to repeat and repeat and re....

How about the other great musicians of this world? Aren't we being a little fanatical here?

kameshratnam
4th December 2006, 09:48 AM
Nithya,
This is a problem with us. When IR wrote western notes..the people in europe could not find mistakes. they said they cud find mistakes even in other great composer's notations but not with IR's..such is the person
If IR said this we wud hv branded him as head weight. this is the actual reality..

njv
4th December 2006, 10:38 AM
"The lamp was lit by directors Balachander, Bharatiraja and composer Ilayaraja" - Interesting. Wonder if they both looked/smiled each other - I mean KB and IR

Vkrish
4th December 2006, 01:38 PM
Hi, why doubts on KB and IR relations? KB has used one of IR numbers for his tele-serial Sahana, he was there for Yuvans wedding, and KR was music director for one of Kavithalayas production...

vem
5th December 2006, 08:09 AM
Here are the IR-BChandar pictures

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/events/photos-2/dhanam-2/index.html

Hulkster
5th December 2006, 08:25 AM
Any updates on Ajanta's audio release?...the audio released two days back :?

RR
5th December 2006, 10:40 AM
Friends,

A quick announcement. We now have a new thread for "IR News and Tidbits":

http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=8587
http://tfmpage.com/hub/viewlite.php?t=8587 (same thread, in Lite view)

If you wish to post any newsitem/tidbit on IR, you are urged to use the new thread. (Link has been added to the first post of this thread.) Let's keep the "IR New albums" focussed on discussion/reviews of - as the title says - new albums of IR.

raja_fan
5th December 2006, 01:11 PM
"Let's keep the "IR New albums" focussed on discussion/reviews of - as the title says - new albums of IR."

Enge..? Edhaavadhu album release aanaa thaane ? Onnum Kaanom :(

Guys, do we really need a thread for this if we are going to wait for so loooooooong every time to see the next album of IR ?

Where is Maaya kannadi ? where is Aadum koothu ? Where is Cheeni kum ?
Where ? Where ? What are we waiting for ?? :(

MrJudge
6th December 2006, 03:13 PM
Was IR the MD for RK Selvamani's Kutra Paththirkkai?

rajasaranam
6th December 2006, 04:27 PM
Judge,

I vaguely remember seeing IR's name in the posters or AD's. BTW RKSelvmani was with Raaja for all his projects till the mid 90's i think.

NagaS
6th December 2006, 04:39 PM
IR is the MD for KutRapaththirikkai, but Im not sure if it has / had any songs!

NagaS

MrJudge
6th December 2006, 05:02 PM
No names of technical crew listed in the recent news bits. The movie is releasing next month. Even if it does not have songs, I hope IR does his magic in the BGM dept. This one movie I am looking forward to after very long time from IR's offerings.

raja_fan
6th December 2006, 05:40 PM
KutRapaththirikkai may not be promising for the reason that it has been nearly ten years since it was made ! It will be RKS's old style compared to already changed trends of visuals etc..

MrJudge
6th December 2006, 05:46 PM
KutRapaththirikkai may not be promising for the reason that it has been nearly ten years since it was made ! It will be RKS's old style compared to already changed trends of visuals etc..

That is the prime reason I am looking forward to see this film. May be the visuals will not be good but IR was at his peak when the project was going on. IR's old BGMs are always excellent with live orchestra.

vijayr
6th December 2006, 08:39 PM
Kutrapathrikai has atleast 2 songs I think. I remember one of them "Maadhavaram poi varalaama" - a teasing kind of song by Swarnalatha and chorus. Heard it some 13 years back.

krish244
6th December 2006, 10:56 PM
All of a sudden why this thread ("IR New Albums - Ver 2006) pops up a box (after loading the entire page) for username and password for www.lakshmansruthi.com website? Is it happening only for me or for everyone? Its not a problem (I can press ESC key) when I browse this thread on my PC, but I am unable to browse this thread on my mobile phone's browser as I do not have a username and password for www.lak...com site. I thought I was not logged into tfmpage site, so i tried reloading this page after logging in to tfmpage forum, but no luck. It still asks me for username and password for www.lak...com site.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
6th December 2006, 11:00 PM
Problem is the first image of IR on this page is getting loaded from www.lakshmansruthi.com website and that site (now) requires a username and password.

thanks,

Krishnan

RR
7th December 2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks Krishnan. Removed that pic.

krish244
7th December 2006, 05:24 PM
Thanks much RR!

Krishnan

rooky
8th December 2006, 02:45 PM
The MN Trailers from Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWScK8uusww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gklKLr4E8Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQjgNmKmc6M

MrJudge
8th December 2006, 04:06 PM
rooky:

No bgm in the clips :(

rooky
9th December 2006, 10:49 AM
I am seeing an movie advertisement in news paper for the last three days...
movie title : inemae naangathaan
It says, "first 3D animation movie in tamil".
Music by IR and editing by lenin
Coming soon...

Does anyone have any info about this?

itsmuls
9th December 2006, 01:47 PM
[tscii:13caeeec33]http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27616.html

IndiaGlitz [Saturday, December 09, 2006]

For the first time in the history of Tamil cinema, a 3 D animation film will be made.

Titled ‘Inimae Naangadhaan,’ this animation film will have story, screenplay and direction by Venkibabu. Isaignani Ilayaraja has been roped in for the music and Vaali takes care of lyrics for this film. Editing is by Lenin.

With many experimental attempts, Tamil cinema today is not what it used to be decades back. Bold attempts, technical expertise and the entry of well-educated individuals have elevated Tamil cinema to new heights. Now, we have yet another unique attempt in the form of a 3 D animated film.

The Maestro agreeing to score music for this experimental attempt has raised many expectations on the film.[/tscii:13caeeec33]

K
11th December 2006, 10:40 PM
http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/trailers/V4/Inimai_Naangathaan_V4_Trailer.asp Inimey Nangathan Video trailer

MumbaiRamki
12th December 2006, 11:08 AM
WOW!!!! Thnx
Its superb !!!!

kameshratnam
12th December 2006, 12:55 PM
Superb piece..have the songs released?

itsmuls
12th December 2006, 01:19 PM
[tscii:778fc9f9f6]http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/dec-06-01/11-12-06-tamil-film.html

A Tamil film with a world standard
Dec 11, 2006
This news is sponsored by www.behindbikes.com

‘Inime Naangadan’ is a full length animation film made in Tamil produced by Mayabimbam Private Limited. This film is entirely made in Tamil Nadu making use of the technical expertise here. The crew did not even cross the border for any of their need. Maestro Ilayaraja has scored the music for this film. The music clearly highlights the genius in Isaignani.

Inime naangadan
Music for ‘Inime Naangadan’ is expected to rock just like how it did a few decades ago in ‘My dear Kuttichathan’ for which Ilayaraja had scored music. The old film apart from being a hit for its novel three dimensional aspects was also spoken for its music. In the similar vein, ‘Inime Naangadan’ is also expected to perform. [/tscii:778fc9f9f6]

Shankar
12th December 2006, 02:31 PM
The songs in the trailer sound like they are composed by KR...Total synth and they lack any freshness...IMO, very average songs...I hope Raja doesn't disappoint in the BGScore which is all I care about in his movies these days :-(

Shankar
12th December 2006, 02:33 PM
They are comparing My Dear... to InimE... MDK was a fantastic, lively composition...this isn't even 10% of MDK

MumbaiRamki
12th December 2006, 03:19 PM
Poor KR ! He has to take everything that is bad(subjectively)...

SOmehow i felt that this compositions suited to present needs ...If IR composed liek My dear ,teh comment will be - " The sounds are old ,vintage but are a total mismatch ':)

raja_fan
12th December 2006, 04:12 PM
The songs in the trailer are certainly promising, except that IR should have avoided singing himself the second song..

Hulkster
12th December 2006, 05:36 PM
The songs are great...:D..maybe the second song with IR's voice sounded abit too off-key for the picturisation but there's return of old IR's orchestration. The guitar usage in the second song prelude is mesmerising and the first song's prelude is very hip....the melody in the tune is just right for the whole instrumentation :clap:

rajasaranam
12th December 2006, 06:31 PM
thalai as usual kala'king's :)
shankar,
Donot compare MDK and IN and pass this off. you should know that he is well mainitaining his quality.
its us whose taste and listening style which has changed not that his music has gone down qualitatively
if then his BGM's too would've gone down. he is showing brilliance and unparalleled in that dept. being agreed unanimously shows that its us whose taste have changed regarding the listening of songs. Better we riverrt back to his style of presentation and enjoy the songs as always :wink:

irir123
12th December 2006, 11:52 PM
Digression:

I just watched "Apocalypto" - it is the perfect art of distorting history....

Mel Gibson is a gifted filmmaker - but he is also sick
and deranged in his head - the ultimate objective of making this movie is not just to highlight what went wrong with the Mayan civilization, but as to how the 'foreign' missionaries came to their aid in making them civilized from a decadent, barbaric culture - the last scene in the movie seems to illustrate this!

It is not surprising that the same reasons that appear to have contributed to the decline of the Mayans seem to be contributing to the decline of the modern Western civilization - a brief glimpse at the chaos that is most of
Europe (after the USSR broke up) and the hatred/animosity spewn by the avarice of a few countries in quest for power and oil, seem to indicate so

I wonder if Gibson would ever make a pseudo-secular movie devoid of his catholic leanings and not pandering to his inner voice from his own vision of Paradise/ Kingdom of Heaven!

further, what kind-of disturbed me were a couple of scenes which had similarities with MARUDHANAYAGAM trailor! the scene where the protagonist jumps off a waterfall is one such! is Kamal going Gibson's way ?

end digression

itsmuls
13th December 2006, 09:45 AM
[tscii:d6b2b6af8f]One should think first about the Movie Clipping ‘Inime Naangadan’, the intended Audience for the movie are not only the general public but particularly for the kids....

If take on the way with lyrics and the tune/orchestra of the two songs in the clipping (which will appease the kids), it is obvious that, it is Excellent....

And ofcourse there is no doubt that the BGM for the movie will be Extraordinarily brilliant....[/tscii:d6b2b6af8f]

Shankar
13th December 2006, 09:45 AM
Some of the phrases shown in the marud trailer had me in splits :-)

ananth222
13th December 2006, 10:29 AM
why are the animation standards in India so far behind the stuff in hollywood? This quality of animation would not even cut it into nickelodian...

raja_fan
13th December 2006, 12:32 PM
I visited the website of Mayabimbham and saw that their projects include "Ponniyin Selvan" serial..It would be nice if they involve IR in this too..

btw..instead of dumping huge budgets in to junk movies coming these days.., these kind of creative projects should be encouraged !

I watched a interview of one drama artiste of yesteryears in KTV. He was telling "Why cannot we create a 'Harry Potter' like movie here in India ? What is not there in our Ambulimaamaa stories in terms of fantasies ?" .
How true it is ?

irir123
13th December 2006, 11:03 PM
"Some of the phrases shown in the marud trailer had me in splits"

ditto me too - especially the phrase "Islam alias peace" and the phrases on "karma" ! what is wrong with Kamal ? why cant he just stick to clean story-telling than project things for which he has no penchant at all ?

irir123
13th December 2006, 11:08 PM
digression: the most distortionist aspect of Gibson's "Apocalypto" was the time sequences shown - the Mayans had already declined and almost nonexistent in the Yucatan peninsula by the time the Spaniards arrived! in fact, it were the aztecs who were ruling then - there was a gap of almost 700 years from the time of Mayans decline to the time of arrival of the Spaniards! any textbook on history would tell us this! Mel Gibson must be either a moron or just nuts to have ignored this fact!

irir123
13th December 2006, 11:40 PM
another digression (there will be no more, I assure)

http://in.news.yahoo.com/061213/43/6a98n.html

"Parliament attack victims' families return medals"

"That you may retain your self-respect, it is better to displease the people by doing what you know is right, than to temporarily please them by doing what you know is wrong" -William J. H. Boetcker

kudos to those brave families

Dragun
14th December 2006, 02:03 AM
why are the animation standards in India so far behind the stuff in hollywood? This quality of animation would not even cut it into nickelodian...

The Indian animation I've seen is not up to par with American animation (many American studios outsource a lot of the work to South Korean studios, actually). Even the Indian sfx work in movies is lacking. I don't think they know how to texture properly and use things like motion blur.

The clip from Inimai Naangathaan is hopefully just a test clip and not the final product.

I watched a interview of one drama artiste of yesteryears in KTV. He was telling "Why cannot we create a 'Harry Potter' like movie here in India ? What is not there in our Ambulimaamaa stories in terms of fantasies ?" . How true it is ?

I agree. I would love to see some classic Indian stories being adapted, as well as some original ones. I'm kind of tired of seeing that every animated film is Krishna or Hanuman or something like that. Its like in the silent film days when everything was a mythological :D

MumbaiRamki
14th December 2006, 09:37 AM
Lets be a bit patient ...We have done some animations tuff for LOR even ..

This particular project - probably the budget might be lesser and the peopel used may not be the best in the business ..

All said ,this is the first 3d cartoon film in Tamizh ..So lets encourage them - and we can wait for 4-5 movies ,before passing a judgement

krish244
14th December 2006, 05:16 PM
Saw the trailer of "Inimey Naangadhan". First impression was good music, but somehow did not like IR's voice for the second song. Music goes well with the visuals.

I liked the prelude of both the songs. First song with the guitar + drums + synth sound. For once the synth effect was not too much. Liked the prelude guitar in the second song.

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
14th December 2006, 09:53 PM
another digression (there will be no more, I assure)

thanks for the assurance of no more RSS propoganda :)

rajasaranam
14th December 2006, 09:56 PM
Saw the trailer of "Inimey Naangadhan". First impression was good music, but somehow did not like IR's voice for the second song. Music goes well with the visuals.

I liked the prelude of both the songs. First song with the guitar + drums + synth sound. For once the synth effect was not too much. Liked the prelude guitar in the second song.

thanks,

Krishnan

Yeah i liked it
anyway The movie if when dubbed in english should have some good singers with well accented pronunciation this will make classic english song

kiru
15th December 2006, 08:27 AM
thalai as usual kala'king's :)
shankar,
Donot compare MDK and IN and pass this off. you should know that he is well mainitaining his quality.
its us whose taste and listening style which has changed not that his music has gone down qualitatively
if then his BGM's too would've gone down. he is showing brilliance and unparalleled in that dept. being agreed unanimously shows that its us whose taste have changed regarding the listening of songs. Better we riverrt back to his style of presentation and enjoy the songs as always :wink:
Well, we can talk about certain things in non-subjective terms. My Dear Kuttichathan was totally innovative. It was almost symphonic in texture. I was impressed that it was appropriately included in the CD along with Guru (malayalam). That is not the case with this movie. Ofcourse, he gives a melodic number with synth/muted rock guitar.
I do like the songs, but I am not bowled over by them.

raja_fan
15th December 2006, 12:06 PM
Hariharan would have suited well for the second song. It is a soft introspective song similar to "Thamizha Thamizha" in Roja.

IR has some unnecessary quality to grab himself some songs :(

rajasaranam
15th December 2006, 12:28 PM
Well, we can talk about certain things in non-subjective terms. My Dear Kuttichathan was totally innovative. It was almost symphonic in texture. I was impressed that it was appropriately included in the CD along with Guru (malayalam). That is not the case with this movie. Ofcourse, he gives a melodic number with synth/muted rock guitar.
I do like the songs, but I am not bowled over by them.

why were we not comparing MDK with Anjali then and said Anjali is not symphonic in texture and full of electronic sounds so it pales in comparison with MDK ????
This is case with both IR and non-IR fans they always try to compare the albums of his to some of his 80's album and denounce the current offerings.
My logical deduction over this is that in the 80's we had the radios and taperecorders playing the songs over and over again making them etched in our memories while the 90's and 2000's are the satellite age where the music/movie or watever crap is to be enjoyed for few moments and we should keep moving on.
Its a fast food world where in atleast Raaja is trying to provide a mini meals.
We got the option of enjoying this or keep bragging about the full meals he was providing in the 80's. while he can always reason out that "naan 80's la full meals kuduthen athaye ippa vera mathiri prepare panni mini meals'ndra perla kudukiren itha sapidu illa poi junk food sapidu! ethu vasathi?" :wink:
You wont be bowled over by them now! I was not bowled over by MDK the first time i heard it. It was over the years that i found the glory of those songs. I can already hear some fans raving about sethu azhagi bharathi ramana MX manasinakkare pithamagan virumaandi and many more of his post 2000 albums who vehemently renounced them on the first hearing. hope after 2 or 3 years same people who renounce IN will have something good to tell about it :)

Hulkster
17th December 2006, 06:38 PM
Ajanta audio release is when...IR paathu keithu rombo naala aachi :cry2:

vem
18th December 2006, 12:00 AM
Digression :)

IR was everywhere in Manoj Bharathi's wedding and he was nowhere in Selvaraghavan's wedding, even though, YSR was the cynosure this time :)

This observation is not to stir up a hornet's nest - albeit, considering the fact that IR was/is a close friend of Kasthuri Raja, I expected him to be atleast there in the wedding......

Vysar
18th December 2006, 12:03 AM
Ajantha is all set to be released in 2007 in prep for 2008 Oscars contention.

njv
18th December 2006, 02:06 AM
Digression :)

IR was everywhere in Manoj Bharathi's wedding and he was nowhere in Selvaraghavan's wedding, even though, YSR was the cynosure this time :)

This observation is not to stir up a hornet's nest - albeit, considering the fact that IR was/is a close friend of Kasthuri Raja, I expected him to be atleast there in the wedding......

IR is NOT a close friend of Kasthuri Raja. He scored for few of his production house movies and nothing else.

vem
18th December 2006, 06:18 AM
njv

Thanks for clarification. During IR's TV programme last year, Kasthuriraja was heaping praise on him so much as if he was very attached to him :)

I dont know when they reached a parting of the ways - may be when Kathal jaathi was the reason. Was that movie ever released ? It had some good songs though.

njv
18th December 2006, 09:14 AM
njv

Thanks for clarification. During IR's TV programme last year, Kasthuriraja was heaping praise on him so much as if he was very attached to him :)

That everybody does and go and stab him from behind (including KB, BR, MR). Since during the initial days of KR, he produced village based movies (budget constraint?) he went with IR for many movies, but he is not any one like BR to compare with. BR and IR life is different and Nizhalgal portray that very much (except the climax)

kalnayak
18th December 2006, 12:36 PM
Hi,

Kasthuri Raja and Ilayaraja are from villages separated by a distance of about 40 kms - Kodangipatti and Pannaipuram in Theni (erstwhile part of Madurai) district. IR composed great music for his movies like Naatupurappaattu, Kummippaattu, Raasaavin Manasile etc. I think Kasthuri Raja might have felt that his films don't deserve music from IR, started to score music by himself. Karthik Raja became a very good friend of Selvaraghavan and giving his best in SR's movies, but I haven't heard IR saying about his friendship if at all with Kasthuri Raja.

kalnayak
18th December 2006, 12:39 PM
Oops,
It is Yuvan Shankar Raja, a good friend of Selvaraghavan not KarthikRaja giving his best - a mistake in my previous post.

njv
18th December 2006, 01:31 PM
Hi,

Kasthuri Raja and Ilayaraja are from villages separated by a distance of about 40 kms - Kodangipatti and Pannaipuram in Theni (erstwhile part of Madurai) district.

Neenga Oraclea Sybasa?

rooky
18th December 2006, 08:12 PM
Hi,

Kasthuri Raja and Ilayaraja are from villages separated by a distance of about 40 kms - Kodangipatti and Pannaipuram in Theni (erstwhile part of Madurai) district. IR composed great music for his movies like Naatupurappaattu, Kummippaattu, Raasaavin Manasile etc. I think Kasthuri Raja might have felt that his films don't deserve music from IR, started to score music by himself. Karthik Raja became a very good friend of Selvaraghavan and giving his best in SR's movies, but I haven't heard IR saying about his friendship if at all with Kasthuri Raja.

As far as i know, they are quite close friends.I had read in newspaper that KRs' car met with an accident and got injured when he was on his way to attend IRs' 60th year function.

Even in a recent interview, KR had said,"these days becoming MD is very easy.if you know thalams, u can become MD.I had worked with IR for my movies and with the knowledge of working with him alone, i have become MD for this movie".

This came in Dinakaran may be four or five weeks back.

rooky
18th December 2006, 08:12 PM
Hi,

As far as i know, they are quite close friends.I had read in newspaper that KRs' car met with an accident and got injured when he was on his way to attend IRs' 60th year function.

Even in a recent interview, KR had said,"these days becoming MD is very easy.if you know thalams, u can become MD.I had worked with IR for my movies and with the knowledge of working with him alone, i have become MD for this movie".

rooky
18th December 2006, 08:13 PM
Hi,

k_vanan
21st December 2006, 09:52 AM
IR new movie
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/article/27892.html

krish244
21st December 2006, 01:04 PM
About "Inimae Naangadhan" on rediff:

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/dec/20south.htm

thanks,

Krishnan

vem
26th December 2006, 10:13 AM
UDHAYAM 2006 -

RGV's remake with IR as music director.

The burning question is if IR can give another Shiva ? Or will be the Bollywood give him the brush off once again ?

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27993.html

Shankar
26th December 2006, 12:16 PM
Vem,
This should be in (possibly a new thread called) IR's Old albums :-)...The movie came and went in hindi...I'm sure that would be the case in tamil as well.

Hulkster
26th December 2006, 03:22 PM
Anyone have any idea about ajantha...not seeing a audio release of IR's songs is getting more melancholic :cry2:

MrJudge
27th December 2006, 02:57 PM
Speaking about Ajantha audio release, what happened to the release function planned at Madurai? Did it happen or postponed?

krish244
28th December 2006, 10:09 AM
Read in Mid-day newspaper, bangalore edition that IR is scoring music for a new kannada movie. The movie title is something like ".... weds Geetha". They are planning to rope in Asin for the female lead. The movie will be supposedly shot entirely in water!

thanks,

Krishnan

NagaS
28th December 2006, 10:19 AM
Krishnan, Thanks a lot for the information!

As usual, Google gave the full details - That Movie is "Sanju Weds Geetha" - The news is here:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/kannada/article/27901.html

NagaS

teja
28th December 2006, 01:54 PM
'Anumanaspadam' to hit screen on January 26

Directed by Vamsee and produced by Thati Srujana Satish on the banner of EAPT with Aryan Rajesh and Hamsanandini in the lead, 'Anumanaspadam' is all set for release in the third week of January.

The film runs in forest backdrop and it is claimed that it would be on par with 'Anveshana' from the same director. Basically the film is a suspense thriller and at the same time it is quite entertaining.

After a long time Maestro Illayaraja is working with Vamsee and the producers are planning to launch the audio in the first week of January and the film a little later, i.e., on January 26 as Republic Day gift.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/28025.html

krish244
29th December 2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the link NagaS! I tried to search for the news, but did not get any at that time, so thought will atleast post the news.

thanks,

Krishnan

njv
2nd January 2007, 11:31 PM
<digression>

Happy New Year

</digression>

sloshed
3rd January 2007, 10:27 PM
Hopefully will get the answer here...from IR fans...
I was browsing this movie

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/tamil/s/movie_name.5361/music_director.504/

There is a symphony recorded by IR... any idea when this movie came out and who stars in it?

njv
4th January 2007, 09:18 AM
Hopefully will get the answer here...from IR fans...
I was browsing this movie

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/tamil/s/movie_name.5361/music_director.504/

There is a symphony recorded by IR... any idea when this movie came out and who stars in it?

Heard teh songs. Horrible. This can not be by IR. If IR did this, its better if this movie / album is not released.

Shankar
4th January 2007, 09:48 AM
I just listened to the piece called "symphony". It seems to be a bunch of completely unrelated motifs played one after the other, with weird "car honking" kind of sounds acting as conjunctions. Doesn't come under any WC form I know of.

Some of the motifs are good, but they don't gel as single piece. In short it is a mess.

I don't think this is by Raja.

Shankar
4th January 2007, 10:27 AM
>>>>
Some of the motifs are good
<<<<

After another listen, I might take back this stmt.

Shankar
4th January 2007, 10:28 AM
The biggest joke in this whole thing is this piece being called a "symphony" :-)

rooky
4th January 2007, 10:24 PM
About Music messaiah release

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-01/04-01-07-music.html

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/28246.html

sudhakarg
5th January 2007, 12:46 AM
Link from Raaga says that Sooryodhayam is composed by Gnani.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0001024.html

Is he the same IsaiGnani? :-)

rajasaranam
5th January 2007, 02:45 AM
link from dhool.com suggests it to be by Raaja
http://www.dhool.com/html/movie/Sooryodhayam.html
Rakkamma suggests it to be an unreleased movie
http://www.rakkamma.com/filmsongs.phtml?filmid=706

The music seems to be having some telugu flavor. it should have been a dubbed unreleased movie. anyway the 'Poo medai' song is very good and full of Raaja's style. the 'symphony' track seems to be an experiment with the local orchestra. it have promises which can be developed into full fledged WCM symphony.

ananth222
5th January 2007, 03:50 AM
the songs are not so bad..
symphony is ok, "anbu arasaala vendum" has pretty good violin arrangement, poomedai is also ok.

ananth222
5th January 2007, 04:09 AM
on second thoughts, it sounds like one of those IR-clone efforts, like "oomai vizhigal" - great violin arrangements in those songs too.
not a bad effort at all, in both cases.

njv
5th January 2007, 06:38 AM
Link from Raaga says that Sooryodhayam is composed by Gnani.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0001024.html

Is he the same IsaiGnani? :-)

My guess was correct then. This is a horrible. I mean even the worst of IR songs stand much better than this. This can not be IR's. Symphony was okay - but heard similar symphonies in many WCM - so probably a rip off from somewhere else.

Is this guy Gnani the one who critizes IR (including TIS is not a symphony etc)? Wondering :!:

Shankar
5th January 2007, 10:29 AM
RS,
>>>>>
the 'symphony' track seems to be an experiment with the local orchestra. it have promises which can be developed into full fledged WCM symphony.
<<<<<

The whole problem with this track is its lack of theme and structure which would fit it into a well known WCM form (like a concerto - containing a fast-slow-fast movement form, / fugue - the same theme being played by multiple instruments with a 'phase' lag).

A collection of motifs played by an orchestra doesn't make it a good piece. It looks like a some BG Scores of the movie were played sequentially to form this piece. I can't believe a master-of-structured-music like Raja cud've come up with such a totally disorganized piece with no directions.

njv,
The motifs played there are too common in WCM. Many WCM composers use these kind of motifs while writing "parts". In a typical concerto, the soloists would have the interesting & original themes/motifs, and the 'tutti' would have such filler kind of scores.
If you really want to know more about how a good concerto might sound, Pls find Bach's Brandenburg Concertos 4 & 5 (if not all 6), and listen to them to see what I mean.

PS: Who said Thiruvasagam is a symphony. Raja never claimed it to be one. Symphony probably is the most abused term in TFM...A composer comes up with a theme played by an orchestra and calls it a symphonic score - like bharadwaj uncle said that he was motivated to write a symphony after listening to thiruvasagam...Uncle neither knew it wasn't a symphony, nor did he know writing a symphony is not like composing songs like "katta...katta...katta...katta...nAttu kattai.." :-)

Shankar
5th January 2007, 10:32 AM
njv,
Gnani is a totally useless character...I will be really surprised if that guy can compose. He is a loose talker who craves for cheap publicity. In those DD days this fellow used to review some english movies screened in film festivals saying some inane things.

teja
5th January 2007, 11:39 AM
Name of the film: Sooryodayam Direction: L.K. Adharsh (1999)
Production: Rani Sathi Creative Vision Music: Pandian Arivali
Artiste 1: Raghuman Artiste 2: Vijayashanthi Artiste 3: Vadivelu
Language: Tamil

http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/indiancinema/?browse=title&start=S

rooky
8th January 2007, 01:51 PM
Music messaiah Released

http://www.hindu.com/2007/01/08/stories/2007010817440200.htm

krish244
8th January 2007, 03:33 PM
Same news in IndiaGlitz!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/28309.html

thanks,

Krishnan

Fliflo
8th January 2007, 09:23 PM
Any place to get this CD in US?

Fliflo
8th January 2007, 11:33 PM
MM Album Launch Function Photos

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=454

irnet
14th January 2007, 11:32 PM
IR - Vamsi new telugu movie: Anumanaspadam

http://www.totaltollywood.com/music/music.php?f=1&s=anumanaspadam&l=1

disappoited. The first one: Pratidinam is from one of his tamil movies.

except one or two.. nothing like old Vamsi- IR movies..
Shhh.. It always happens with high expectations

ananth222
15th January 2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the link!

I really liked the songs. I was having very low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised with the songs. the remake of "mayanginen" is also nicely redone, with excellent orchestration, and a nicely revamped bass line. The interludes are nicely done. IR trademark humming/bass counterpoints etc.
Even leaving the remake, the other songs are pretty good. "Rela rela" starts weak but did anyone listen past the first 15 seconds? the song has pretty good orchestration. "Ra gumma ra" is beautiful, traces of Ithayathai thirudaathe. "Mallelo illesa" shows traces of old IR gems. Orchestration is kinda modernized but it holds the essence of 80s IR classics.
Overall very good album. Can't wait to hear in good quality.

I am also surprised by the instant criticism on this album. These songs really deserve better. don't know why people pass judgment so fast.
Sometimes I think that IR's new albums will be huge hits if he worked under a pseudonym and nobody knew that the songs were by him.

rajasaranam
15th January 2007, 02:57 PM
I am also surprised by the instant criticism on this album. These songs really deserve better. don't know why people pass judgment so fast.
Sometimes I think that IR's new albums will be huge hits if he worked under a pseudonym and nobody knew that the songs were by him.

Exactly thats the problem for the IR fans. they expect too much from him having been spoilt by the synth based techno melodies that is on the run nowadays.
I dont expect this from him which makes me relatively a happier IR fan than others. The songs from anumansapadam are truly Raajaish melodies that used to be the stuff we had been listening in the 80's and 90's. may be he had given a very huge quantity of such songs in his peak period that people now are demanding something different from him.I shudder to think if he rejoins with BR and gives us another 'Adi aathadi' or 'Antha nilavathaan' that the fans would pounce upon him for not giving any pathbreaking or mindblowing songs.
Had this album been introduced to us as a 80's composition then they would've relished them.

rajasaranam
15th January 2007, 04:08 PM
another VDO of the audio launch function of anumanaspadam where Raaja made keeravani sing on stage :)
http://www.idlebrain.com/movietape/events/audio-anumanaspadam2.html

Hulkster
15th January 2007, 06:42 PM
http://sevenmountain.blogspot.com/2007/01/anumanaspadam-audio-review-ilayaraja.html

For those who missed it as atrocious album at the first listen..i recommend you guys to listen it again..:cool:

realactivex
15th January 2007, 11:11 PM
[tscii:4cb17d4a88]http://idlebrain.com/news/functions/audio-anumanaspadam.html

Maestro Ilayaraja was the main attraction of the audio launch of Vamsi’s latest cinema ‘Anumanaspadam’. EAPT (Entertaining Arts and Performance Theater) banner is producing this film. Vamsi and Ilayaraja team up again after a gap of over decade. Aryan Rajesh and Hamsanandini played main leads. Audio of this film was launched by Ilayaraja at a function arranged in Ravi Narayana Reddy auditorium in Jubilee Hills on the morning of 13 January 2007.

K Raghavendra Rao, EVV, Aswini Dutt, Gemini Kiran, KC Sekhara Babu, Koti, Keeravani, Devi Sri Prasad and RP Patnaik attended this function as guests.

Producer Satish Tati said, “My dream of producing a film in the combination of Ilayaraja and Vamsi is coming true after 15 years. I am satisfied as we succeeded in making a good film.”

Another produce Jai Arnala said, “Film has turned out to be very good. It will be another musical hit in the combination of Vamsi – Ilayaraja.”

MM Keeravani said, “Ilarayaja is the most powerful and influential music director. I got inspired by him. I always wanted to sing in Ilayaraja music direction.”

At this moment Ilayaraja responded by singing a song and asked Keeravani to join in the rendering.

Koti said, “I worked as a guitarist at Ilayaraja for a few songs. We composed 100s of songs using the beats given by Ilayaraja. The combination of Ilayaraja and Vamsi is impeccable.”

RP Patnaik said, “Ilayaraja is an inspiration to many music directors like me. I feel fortunate to have sung ‘Chirugali veechene’ song for Sivaputrudu film from Ilayaraja.”

Devi Sri Prasad said, “I don’t keep photographs of deities in my studio, instead I keep a photograph of Ilayaraja as I regard him as the God. Our lives would not be the same if not for Ilayaraja. I feel extremely fortunate to share the stage with the maestro.”

EVV said, “I worked with Ilayaraja for Aa Okkati Adakku film. I am a huge fan of Vamsy. He came to film industry four years before me. Each and every film of Vamsi offer variety. There is so much to learn from him. I wanted to produce this film, nobody came forward. I am happy that my son Rajesh is doing male lead.”

K Raghavendra Rao who never spoke in any public function said, “If Ilayaraja is Jagadeka Veerudu, then his music is Athiloka Sundari.”

Music starts when speech stops – Maestro Ilayaraja
Responding to the praises heaped on him Ilayaraja said, “I do not attend functions because everybody ends up praising each other. There will not be any criticism. I attended this function for producers and director Vamsi. But here also everybody praised me. It is not important how much music we know. Music should know us. If you reverse a sentence in any language, there will be no meaning. But if you alter and play with ‘SaRiGaMaPaDaNi’ it will be meaningful and pleasant. Nobody is capable to giving certificate to music. We can only adore music. I don’t want to speak about myself. The music should speak. People who listen to music should speak. Music starts when speech (words) stops.'

Madhura Entertainment bought the audio rights.

[/tscii:4cb17d4a88]

irir123
15th January 2007, 11:12 PM
"Rela rela" sounds like "oyilalo oyilalo" from Guna! I mean it is 'that' impressive!

irir123
16th January 2007, 12:37 AM
"nenu veithki" - the pallavi is sweet, vintage IR - the overall feel is simple, breezy 80s style melody, but with IR written all over it - but NO surprises here - the style of composition veers towards the feel of compositions in "Kadhal kavidhai" - am still trying to figure out what is it that I was hoping to hear which is missing!

"prathidinam" - even if its a tune reused, maybe its coz shreya goshal is behind the mike, it still feels new all over

"kuyilalo" - tune is IRish - but synth appears to be KR style and the arrangement is again IRish

"mallelo ilesa" - starting sounds like a variant of "andha kandamani" from virumandi! and the tune is again 80s style IR melody - the pallavi is pretty ordinary, but the charanam tune is interesting

"ra gumma" - is what IR would come up with given a certain situation for/in a movie! given the context of the movie, it SHOULD be a perfect fit - enough eerie sounds and perfect rhythmic pacing - cross between 'kandamani'(virumandi), 'thondru thottu (avadharam)' and 'kattukkulley' (geethanjali) - a winner! I love it!

overall, its a kind of an album that IR would have composed during his spare time in the 80s! I mean, it has all the essential components of an IR album, but it wont take your breath away!

even for a junk movie like "Ashwamedham", the album (even today) takes my breath away! no use of synth, but amazing counterpoints and western classical elements in the interludes (listen to "seethakalam"), the stunning "yen debba" (dharmavathy ?), the heavily orchestrated "o prema" (one of my alltime favaorites - ah! the multilayered strings ,indian percussion, the chorus etc)

am also quite happy tat IR is using Shreya often - she is a rare find and she will go places if properly groomed - would love to see IR using her for a pop, or, ghazal album! - one of the never-ending desires of a HCIRF

NormalMan
16th January 2007, 03:19 AM
My observations from the first listening,

1. Happy to see IR use a mirudhangam after a long time
2. Mesmerizing arabic/turkish prelude in "Kuilalo"
3. Sonu has a done an amazing job in "ra gumma"

Overall a good album I would say. Telugu folks will love the album I bet. But overall I feel the absence of something. Maybe its the soul, strings and symphony that we are used to from IR :roll:

eagle
16th January 2007, 04:28 PM
Jaya TV again going to telecast the "andrum indrum" show by today evening 6'0 clock. If any one is having the facility to record it pls do it as Jaya TV is unlikely to bring the DVD version.

rooky
17th January 2007, 11:47 AM
[tscii:f4395f35ca]http://idlebrain.com/news/functions/audio-anumanaspadam.html

Maestro Ilayaraja was the main attraction of the audio launch of Vamsi’s latest cinema ‘Anumanaspadam’. EAPT (Entertaining Arts and Performance Theater) banner is producing this film. Vamsi and Ilayaraja team up again after a gap of over decade. Aryan Rajesh and Hamsanandini played main leads. Audio of this film was launched by Ilayaraja at a function arranged in Ravi Narayana Reddy auditorium in Jubilee Hills on the morning of 13 January 2007.

K Raghavendra Rao, EVV, Aswini Dutt, Gemini Kiran, KC Sekhara Babu, Koti, Keeravani, Devi Sri Prasad and RP Patnaik attended this function as guests.

Producer Satish Tati said, “My dream of producing a film in the combination of Ilayaraja and Vamsi is coming true after 15 years. I am satisfied as we succeeded in making a good film.”

Another produce Jai Arnala said, “Film has turned out to be very good. It will be another musical hit in the combination of Vamsi – Ilayaraja.”

MM Keeravani said, “Ilarayaja is the most powerful and influential music director. I got inspired by him. I always wanted to sing in Ilayaraja music direction.”

At this moment Ilayaraja responded by singing a song and asked Keeravani to join in the rendering.

Koti said, “I worked as a guitarist at Ilayaraja for a few songs. We composed 100s of songs using the beats given by Ilayaraja. The combination of Ilayaraja and Vamsi is impeccable.”

RP Patnaik said, “Ilayaraja is an inspiration to many music directors like me. I feel fortunate to have sung ‘Chirugali veechene’ song for Sivaputrudu film from Ilayaraja.”

Devi Sri Prasad said, “I don’t keep photographs of deities in my studio, instead I keep a photograph of Ilayaraja as I regard him as the God. Our lives would not be the same if not for Ilayaraja. I feel extremely fortunate to share the stage with the maestro.”

EVV said, “I worked with Ilayaraja for Aa Okkati Adakku film. I am a huge fan of Vamsy. He came to film industry four years before me. Each and every film of Vamsi offer variety. There is so much to learn from him. I wanted to produce this film, nobody came forward. I am happy that my son Rajesh is doing male lead.”

K Raghavendra Rao who never spoke in any public function said, “If Ilayaraja is Jagadeka Veerudu, then his music is Athiloka Sundari.”

Music starts when speech stops – Maestro Ilayaraja
Responding to the praises heaped on him Ilayaraja said, “I do not attend functions because everybody ends up praising each other. There will not be any criticism. I attended this function for producers and director Vamsi. But here also everybody praised me. It is not important how much music we know. Music should know us. If you reverse a sentence in any language, there will be no meaning. But if you alter and play with ‘SaRiGaMaPaDaNi’ it will be meaningful and pleasant. Nobody is capable to giving certificate to music. We can only adore music. I don’t want to speak about myself. The music should speak. People who listen to music should speak. Music starts when speech (words) stops.'

Madhura Entertainment bought the audio rights.

[/tscii:f4395f35ca]

Complete coverage in this link:-

http://www.totaltollywood.com/news/ttnews1161.html

Hulkster
17th January 2007, 05:21 PM
http://cinefolks.com/telugu/AudioSongs/movie/Anumaanaspadam/#

Better Quality songs...and the orchestration sounds even more polished while hearing to the song :D

Hulkster
17th January 2007, 05:38 PM
Guys can you identify which song is the original for mallelo illesi...i am sure IR has scored a number like this before..the orchestration is like abit too obvious..thanks :D

fan_ir
17th January 2007, 08:10 PM
Guys can you identify which song is the original for mallelo illesi...i am sure IR has scored a number like this before..the orchestration is like abit too obvious..thanks :D

who can forget "Raathiriyil Poothirikkum" which took many forms :).

teja
18th January 2007, 06:17 AM
Did any one notice this?
Pallavi of "Ninu vethiki" sounds kinda similar to "Oru naalum" from Yejaman.

Hulkster
18th January 2007, 06:51 AM
Yeaps teja...it is very similar...but i am surprised that IR is actually experimenting. Oru Naalum was more soulful and this one is used in a more peppy manner...one tune can be used in different musical formats...i guess IR has still not stopped experimenting and wants to prove that his old melodies can work in different formats..thus the rehashes....but Inimey Naangathaan songs were purely original....i guess he only reserves the rehashes for scripts he thinks that he has handled before :D

Hulkster
18th January 2007, 06:59 AM
Guys do you notice that IR has used mild bass lines for atleast three songs in the album most notably rela rela. The charanam has a shifting tempo like bass line which is very attractive. Parts of kuilalo have some mild bass lines if you cant spot them. I guess IR is just addicted to bass guitar :D

kiru
18th January 2007, 07:03 AM
My opinions are very similar to that of "irir123". Very good review of the album. ra gumma is THE fresh, innovative number in this album. If IR did create, soundscapes like this for romantic or fun numbers, current hot music directors would be out of work.
The album overall is good, but not excellent. Even though the songs are new compositions they have a tendency to remind you of previous songs. The 'phrases' for the instruments do not have any surprise/fresh element, even though care has been taken in the instrumentation so that always there is some vocal or instrument harmony or counterpoint in the background.
(BTW, Thanks to Hulkster for the link to a better encoding of these songs. I feel much better. Goes to show, how much recording quality can affect peoples perception of a song)

irir123
18th January 2007, 08:47 AM
am not an expert in the knowledge of Telugu renditions, but I find Hariharan's Telugu pronounciation very funny!! kadichhu kadicchu padiyirukkaar!!

teja
18th January 2007, 10:30 AM
irir23,
Hariharan's telugu pronunciation is pretty pathetic and annoying.

Shankar
18th January 2007, 11:33 AM
One bad thing that happened to me in 1997 was I listened to this album called GURU which I started using as the benchmark to rank any Raja album...Needless to say, every single album after that has fallen short by a mile. This album is no different either. However, there are some interesting soundscapes created by Raja for this "ra...ra...ra...gumma" number which made me sit up and listen to the album a couple of more times. Raja has some interest for these situational songs (the mood reminds of dhevadai iLam dEvi)
A very different effort (all the more pronounced after listening to the ordinary numbers namely "kuyilaalo" & "mallello") and just as I was thinking that it was "yet another uninspired Raja album", comes this prathidinam. It was a pleasant surprise when this rehash of mayanginEn solla thayanginEn started playing. Those mridangam bits are the kind of stuff I'm expecting from the Master !! A cute little surprise it was !!! These things enhance the feel of even an oridinary tune.

Did the master decide "enuf of yuvan and D Imman's killing my work, let me rehash them, myself" ??...A very good effort.

A very interesting version of a great song which had some poignant feel to it. This version is devoid of that which is good. Shreya's improv towards the end is interesting. Donno if she did it on her own. The last song by bhava and tippu was ordinary.

As mentioned by someone here, Raja has gotten back his Bass guitar, and man, he rocks ! Superb bass lines, and I might buy a Raja filmscore CD after a long time, just to get the bass lines clearly.

His previous albums had very predictable melody moves, and there were hardly any surprises. This album, with, "ra...ra" & "prathidinam" has broken that.

In 1980s I would've dismissed this as yet another Raja album...now, in 2007, it sounds a bit interesting, and this is no compliment :-(

Vkrish
18th January 2007, 05:27 PM
Movie Preview :
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/preview/8903.html

rajasaranam
18th January 2007, 06:10 PM
Thanks Hulk! :)
For a more clear sounding link. now Iam more happy about the album than earlier.
BTW the song nenu vethiki song reminds me of 'Oru kaadhal raagamum" from IndranChandran in the style of orchestration and interludes especially the first half of the song. the trumpet that follows the singer in bits and pieces is also great.
The song 'Mallello Illesi' starts off with some nice african rhythms and moves on to symphonic style then to his usual melody.
Raa gumma shud be the eeriest song that he has composed so far.the silence that comes after the pallavi in the begginning makes my heart stop for a moment everytime i listen to it. Hope Vamsi has created good visuals to accompany this masterpiece.
The album moved on from good to better after this listening and hope when i hold the CD it will become the best in recent times.It definitely needs more listenings to understand the nuances :)

rajasaranam
18th January 2007, 06:14 PM
BTW the songs are better with headphones than wth normal speakers!

raja_fan
18th January 2007, 08:41 PM
I am not able to play the songs from that site.

Why it has not come up in musicindiaonline ? Any other site ?

teja
18th January 2007, 10:56 PM
raja fan,
try this
http://www.ragalahari.com/newreleasesdetail.asp?newmvname=Anumaanaspadam

Hulkster
19th January 2007, 07:09 AM
Nenu Vethiki's second interlude makes me listen to the song repeatedly..how attractive....not to mention ra gumma ra's overall orchestration....i guess its not all rehash stuff there..:D

I listened to mallelo illesi and tried searching all sort of songs by IR matching up to it but the orchestration seems original...so i guess it will go down as a original song with a 80s feel. :D

raja_fan
19th January 2007, 11:28 AM
Teja,

No luck :(
I get "Done with error" whenever I try to play the songs !

raja_fan
19th January 2007, 11:31 AM
It just shows "loading" :(

rajasaranam
19th January 2007, 02:18 PM
raja_fan,
i think you dont have realmedia player installed in ur system. try installing it and then play from the sites.

raja_fan
19th January 2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks Rajasaranam ! It works now !

At repeated hearings, I feel it is a decent album though I expect more experimentation from IR like the Mirudangam pieces in Pratidinam.

raja_fan
20th January 2007, 10:11 AM
Shreya sounds very much like Swarnalatha in "Ninu Vetheki..", especially when she utters "Mega mala", "velaa" etc.

thumburu
21st January 2007, 05:56 PM
After few rounds of "Anumanaspadam" , it is definitely a listener's pleasure like "Oru NaaL oru kanavu" , as the emphasis is on melody. Raja has used most of the already familiar scales like Mohanam for "rela rela", sindhubairavi for "ninnu vethiki", Hamsanandhi for "mallello illesi"[ somebody rightly pointed out "rathiriyil poothirukkum" song, but it is not a copy of that song. After may be decades, Raja is using Hamsanandi scale in film music] , keeravani for "kuyilaalo" . Except "ra gumma" there is not much novelty in other songs. Yet I like them all becuase they bear the distinct IR stamp,have the 80's feel to the songs. Enough written about "Prathidinam" . "Rela rela" starts unimpressively, but soon becomes engross worthy, peppy , upbeat. "Kuyilalo" is ordinary ,simply a rehash of the lovely "kajuraho kanavinil" [ONOK] . My repeat list contains "prathidinam" , "rela rela" ,"nenu vethiki" and "mallello"

realactivex
22nd January 2007, 10:09 PM
i do not understand why enough stress is not paid on pronounciations? I am not sure if the diction section is under IIR or under a music arranger? There are a couple of gaffes in this album wrt diction. The music though is good. I am yet to hear it in high quality, hence i am still left wanting ....though i might change my opinion once i hear these songs in good quality.. ( i am not able to access cinefolks link)

irir123
22nd January 2007, 10:14 PM
realactivex - i decided to ignore pronunciation-conundrums since the days when HH and Sadhana Sargam started 'treating' us with their renditions - just listen to the creativity in arrangements, tune (if any), or the occasional twists n turns that IR gives us these days - at least these guys are OK, but have you listened to Udit Narayan singing in Telugu ?? omigosh!! that is torture of the first order

isaiosai
23rd January 2007, 02:33 AM
Anumanaspadam and other good quality Telugu mp3s: http://www.telugump3s.com

az_raja_fan
23rd January 2007, 04:11 AM
Amazing songs!! Yela Yela is rife with his characteristic music of the 80's. I want to see more of this Raja!!

app_engine
24th January 2007, 03:59 AM
sundharaththelunguppAdalkaL:-)
(though I can understand only a very few words...the language is so sweeeet)...

anumanaaspadam is not exactly 80's feel IMHO...It has keyboard sounds written all over it, making it more of the late 90's era...especially the rhythm section...some of the wind instruments may be conventional (I may be wrong here too)...

Ofcourse, as some pointed out, the bass is strong (though I suspect any use of the raw bass guitar...it may be another keyboard guy...and that makes the feel not the same)

The songs "sound" more like 'TIME', a beautiful album.

This one is a very sweet album too.

I simply love 'ninu vethiki vethiki choosi', the female voice is so good. She seems to be in total control. Reminds me of SJ in her prime where she had things in total control (despite her age showing at times). No age issue here, it's really youthful and sweet. Male voice plays a perfect support role here with the girl in full command...I've heard this song this afternoon itself may be 15-20 times non-stop (in headphone at work). Much like the 'kAdhal nee dhAnA' effect when TIME came...thigattAdha pAdal...

prathi dhinam (mayanginEn) is sweet too. Female voice is superb here also (matching the original PS) but the male is weak. And as many already pointed out, the mridh sound is refreshing...(kaNdippA keyboard kidaiyAdhunnu ninakkiREn)...

The situational raa gumma raa has some surprises too. (I think Raja wanted to pack some elements of the 'vidiya vidiya' clone in shiva06 into this song). An OK song...may be you can hear in radio but not on repeat mode in personal player...

I liked 'mallelo...chanda mama' better than raa gumma. The voices are familiar (Hariharan / Sadhana sargam). As this is not Thamizh (i.e. avanga enna kolai paNNaRangannu theiriyAdhadhAl) I can enjoy their lovely voices...sweet song.

kuyilaalo / rela rela are quite ordinary songs (by Raja standards)...again I won't change stations if these are played on radio...

kEtka iniya pAdalkaL...(Raja's orchestration is soft and good accompaniment to some sweet voices, though not extra brilliant with a lot of surprise elements...In any case, with keyboards ruling, I pay less attention to instrumental parts in these songs anyways)...

Sanjeevi
25th January 2007, 03:19 PM
Some days back, i watched Gemini TV Music (telugu channel). One song played in Gemini TV mesmerised me.

Shobana and Saranraj had acted in that songand the song starts "Akkadae.....".

Can anybody give the link to that song?

K
25th January 2007, 09:58 PM
The Song may be AAkasham sung by chitra and the Film may Be KOKILA if Im not wrong

K
25th January 2007, 09:59 PM
may available in cooltoad

realactivex
26th January 2007, 08:39 PM
I think i probably have that song .. though i need to confirm.
send me a PM with your email and i shall send it a/c ( surely if i have it)

rajasaranam
26th January 2007, 10:27 PM
K,
Are you sure that its the movie kokila??? Sanjeevi said it starts "akkade" and you are refering to "Aakasham meghalu" from kokila. I searched for kokila and saw that the movie has Shobana and Naresh in cast.
Anyway I have the songs of kokila and if needed please reply here and i will upload it :)

app_engine
26th January 2007, 11:20 PM
Decided to try the "copy into audio CD" option in Windows media player for anumanaspadam (to find out how they sound in the car)...And I had to fill the CD space with some old Raja numbers. Interestingly the CD has 'vandhadhu vandhadhu nalla idam' coming after the thelungu numbers & that song has so much punch and makes me dance while driving while none of the "new" ones have that kind of effect:-)

Despite having better recording facilities and audio engg. today, why is Raja unable to get back that "kick" drum or "gum-gum" drum sound to such an effect (like in the case of garjanai)? The garjanai song has one of stupidest lyrics - 'gumthala gumthala gumthalakkA, sooppukku kOzhiyum vandhadhakkA' etc. - still the startling lead guitar sounds (may be the first gen synth) and the majestic trumpet combo takes one to a plane so euphoric...very rarely do I get such a thrill with any of the new songs...(Raja or others)...

My trying to listen to the new songs in car has reinforced the conclusion that these are NO 80's stuff (which is like maNamulla, rusiyAna veettu sAppAdu - though served on an old wooden brown color table in ever-silver plate, no table cloth etc)...the new ones are "polished", "shiny" food served in chinaware , exotic surroundings...may even have their "nutritional contents" printed / explained etc....but never have the flavour and taste of the previous:-(

rprasad
27th January 2007, 04:14 AM
I dont know why you all are trying to cling to IR of 80's. This is the classic dilema for all the IR fans i think. They cannot seem to make up the mind whether they want IR's music to sound like 80's or sound like 90's or today. I guess this is due to the fact that Ir's music has spanned 3 decades now and the music tastes have gone through a evolution of change along with the music itself and the fans are having a hard time adjusting.

For me i enjoy IR's new offerings as is and i do not try to compare it with his 80's or 90's hits. For me if the song is good and has his stamp( In orchestration) along with his trademark melody, thats enough. The fact he is still able to conjure up excellent songs even after so many years speaks volumes of his talent. Even now he tries to adopt to the changing tastes in music but without giving up his roots of melody and brilliant orchestration. Coming to this album, i think its a typical IR score for a Vamsi album. As one of those who have followed Vamsi's movies throughout , this is certainly as per my expectations. For a Vamsi movie(the later ones not his early career movies),He normally includes a rehashed tune from his Tamil movies and introduces it to Telugu audience and it is normally a big hit with them. It should be the same case again her with Prathidhinam. One experimental/non conventional number in Ragumma and others which are competent melodies. All in all a nice package to enjoy. I have certainly not got bored after listening to it so many times. certainly a welcome relief from all the koothu/junk stuff that is being passed off as music nowadays (even in Telugu ).

thumburu
27th January 2007, 07:45 PM
rprasad, what I like about "Anumanaaspadam" is that the tunes are not weak . They are taut, sweet and never a dull, boring moment . But what we IR fans miss is the long winding interludes that transport us to a different world. It is a matter of concern that IR is making them short. Why? Is there no scope of picturization for long interludes? Another factor is the synth that is being voiced by every fan. When the tune is good what is the need for synth? Raja should not aim to cut cost at the cost of fans.
// Digression : Nakeeran IR's charukesi are as follows:
1. "aadal kalaiye deivam" from "Ragavendra"
2. "Amma nee sumandha piLLai" from "Annai or aalayam"
3. In "Siriya paravai" , the second charanam
4. "Vaanil vidi veLLi" - Mano,SJ duet from "Honest Raj"
5. "Prathidinam" from "Anumanaaspadam"[ new Telugu movie of IR . Listen to Teja's link Ragalahari for the songs of this movie]
I know there are more than these.

K
27th January 2007, 10:37 PM
As rajasaranam said the Film Kokila Has Shobana and naresh in cast, Sarathbabu comes as a Police officer/CBI investigating Murder or something and the song "AAkasham Meghalu" is an excellent haunting tune with Sogam Flavour. I guess Sanjeevi is telling this song, he must make clear it for us. Other Shobana telgu Movies Raja gave Music as far I know are Abhinandhana(excellent songs), April 1 Viduthala(some recycled Tamil songs, movie remade in Tamil as Sathiyvan Murali as Hero, which has BUFFULLO SOLDIRE tune in some song.

irir123
28th January 2007, 03:22 AM
"Other Shobana telgu Movies Raja gave Music as far I know are Abhinandhana(excellent songs)" - just EXCELLENT ?? that was/is an AWESOME album with mind-blowing songs!

rajasaranam
29th January 2007, 12:46 AM
K,
When i mentioned that the song "Okkate Aasha" from April1st Viduthala and also the prelude of "KilaKilaMani" from Detective Naradha are same as the tune of "Buffalo soldier" .... which Deva again Reused for "Akila Akila" in nerukku ner sometime earlier in this same forum Teja here didn't agree on that saying he didn't find any resemblance.
Happy to note that you are here agreeing on "okkate Aasha" atleast :)

ananth222
29th January 2007, 04:08 AM
the song "Okkate Aasha" from April1st Viduthala and also the prelude of "KilaKilaMani" from Detective Naradha are same as the tune of "Buffalo soldier"

wow man if you were listening to country music or blue grass you will say that all the songs are the same!
If we look that hard then we can find a similar song for every song there is. Try singing buffalo soldier using the exact notes of the vocals of the song in okkate aasha, and it will sound ridiculous.

K
29th January 2007, 10:55 PM
I think the Song "KILA KIla Mani Kalavaru Rani" is from Coolie No.1 Venkatesh,Tabu movie(Raja sung a erotic number "Kalaya Nijama" with PS in the same movie)

teja
30th January 2007, 12:32 AM
K,
I think they are referring to "Kila kila mani navvulu ruvvi" from Detective Narada.

RS,
I still don't see any similarities between that one and "okkate aasa" :)

btw, I saw a clipping of the song "Ninu vethiki vethiki" from Anumanaspadam on Maa Tv last night.
It's esthetically picturized in typical Vamsy's style.
Looks promising!

Sanjeevi
30th January 2007, 10:13 AM
Oh god, you are all confusing me. That song's hero is not Charanraj?. And the rthym of the song was something similar to VS's "Thamarapoovukkum Thannikkum Ennaikum Sandaiyae" from Pasumpon

NormalMan
31st January 2007, 03:22 AM
rprasad, what I like about "Anumanaaspadam" is that the tunes are not weak . They are taut, sweet and never a dull, boring moment . But what we IR fans miss is the long winding interludes that transport us to a different world. It is a matter of concern that IR is making them short. Why? Is there no scope of picturization for long interludes? Another factor is the synth that is being voiced by every fan. When the tune is good what is the need for synth? Raja should not aim to cut cost at the cost of fans.

Its all Karthik raja man. He does all this crappy synth arrangements for his dad and in the end spoils everything. Wonder when IR will realize this.

teja
31st January 2007, 10:51 AM
'Anumanaspadam' may recreate Vamsi-Ilaiyaraja magic
http://www.andhravilas.com/movienews.asp?id=26162

This time Vamsi apparently had a tough time in choosing six out of 100-odd tunes by Ilaiyaraja.

realactivex
31st January 2007, 02:48 PM
how are the audio sales for anumanaspadam?
is it a hit or an also-ran?
The andhravilas article does not tell anything about how the audience is reacting to the songs

jagannn2210
1st February 2007, 01:16 PM
Its all Karthik raja man. He does all this crappy synth arrangements for his dad and in the end spoils everything. Wonder when IR will realize this.

I too have the same impression. Less concentration on rythm section.

raja_fan
1st February 2007, 06:17 PM
Maya Kannadi release ?
Cheeni Kum ??
Aadum Koothu ??????
Nanda lala ???????????

Why this happens to IR alone ?????????????!!!

irir123
2nd February 2007, 04:13 AM
i vaguely remember another Hindi album "divorce" with IR as the composer - wat happened to tat ??1

kiru
2nd February 2007, 04:31 AM
...Another factor is the synth that is being voiced by every fan. When the tune is good what is the need for synth? ...

Right, it is just not synth, it is volume/level and the overall sound being very harsh. IR is known for doing a very good mix. But this and some other albums are too harsh to listen to. There are so many songs with real drums. which sound equally modern.(eg. Mouna raagam)..why not do it that way ?
I will never understand why IR never cares for or focusses on the production aspect of the songs. Maybe he does not like the synth himself, but thinks people like that and he does that with some annoyance.
(BTW, app_engine, was wondering why people think this album has 80s flavor. Check out the bridge piece to the start of the pallavi initially in mallelo)

teja
2nd February 2007, 08:32 AM
'Anumanaspadam' Audio Takes Position No-2

"After a very long time Ilayaraja scored music for a direct Telugu film and that turned the ears of many. We are seeing good response as it stood in second place in Music World. Big FM rated it as N0-3, Radio City rated as N0-2, and Planet M rated as N0-2. We are happy with the sales of the audio", said Sridhar Reddy of Madhura Entertainments.

http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/news/jan2007/anu_music.php

MumbaiRamki
2nd February 2007, 04:26 PM

I too have the same impression. Less concentration on rythm section.
Poor KR ! He has to take for whatever crap synth IR uses ,while in his movies he uses decent Synth ...

I think the issue is with crap mixing .If you see in Pithamagan ,you will find the difference .

ALso the beats need to be doen soem filtering before actually its mixed ..Not sure if IR has good qyuality SOund engineers

Sanjeevi
2nd February 2007, 04:34 PM
What about IR's new projects in tamil?

Inemey naangathan
Maaya kannadi
Naan kadavul

there is any other films?

And others...
Nanthalala - I don't think the following will come out
Ajantha - mystery?

teja
3rd February 2007, 12:40 AM
Anumanaspadam promos:

http://www.totaltollywood.com/videos/videos.php?id=anumanaspadam1

MumbaiRamki
3rd February 2007, 12:41 PM
On first listen ,all songs except the Tippu one were impressive .Only as most of you have pointe dout ,the mixing isn't of good quality .Though i would rate this album below sambu and NINII

inetk
7th February 2007, 01:37 PM
100 words on Raja's music for Anumaanaspadam!

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/

realactivex
7th February 2007, 03:49 PM
Guys,, interview from the producer of Anumanaspadam.. Good insights.
http://idlebrain.com/news/2000march20/chitchat-satishthati.html

kameshratnam
8th February 2007, 06:18 PM
many of us had in mind HTNI and heard the music messaih..For all of us who did it like that..its a big sogam.
There are even bgms of heyram which have to come out with lajja and i hope someone does it..and doesnt do this thing of stories and all those stuff.

Enough of film music sir...pls go ahead and make instrumental or different albums..people are ready to hug and take u..

raja_fan
9th February 2007, 02:52 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2007/02/09/stories/2007020900600100.htm

Gautam Menon is scared of IR !

balaji
9th February 2007, 04:56 PM
Raja of rerecording is back

http://www.telugucinema.com/tc/anumanaspadam_moviereview.php

Bala

teja
9th February 2007, 08:36 PM
Accolades pour in....

http://totaltollywood.com/reviews/anumanaspadam.html

rooky
10th February 2007, 11:11 AM
Some more.Reviews so far suggest excellent BGM and songs from IR for this Movie

http://sify.com/movies/telugu/review.php?id=14386200&ctid=5&cid=2430

irir123
11th February 2007, 02:58 AM
guys, how come the quality of review (the language) is of absolute substandard variety - dont they proofread these at all ?

Fliflo
12th February 2007, 09:04 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/

Anumanaspadam this week in US theaters.

app_engine
14th February 2007, 12:11 AM
[tscii:0a4f5a1865]anumanaspadam:
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/interview/6756.html

" Q: Tell us about the music in the film…
A: I am not that a great personality to talk about music. At the same time, the film has music from a maestro like Illayaraja. Already the audio was proved to be a big hit and we had already celebrated the platinum disc function. The re-recording of the film could be another major asset for the success of the movie."

How do they "count" to award platinum disc nowadays?...
[/tscii:0a4f5a1865]

teja
14th February 2007, 03:50 AM
app_engine,

Platinum disk = 1 lakh albums have been sold.

thumburu
14th February 2007, 12:01 PM
In Bangalore , when I queried Music world about "Anumanaaspadam", they told me whatever stocks they had got sold out, whereas in the Landmark forum, they seem to be unaware of its existence ??? Edhu unmaiyo??

irir123
15th February 2007, 03:43 AM
i would think Music World is more reliable

Shankar
15th February 2007, 09:38 AM
Guys in Landmark Blr are the dumbest I've seen. When I went enquiring for Bach's Brandenburg concertos they 'searched' their online catalog and said it isn't avbl. I said I will search myself and did a lookup, and it was right there. In all probability it would be present in LM, but the guys there are imbeciles.

raja_fan
15th February 2007, 11:43 AM
Read this news in thatstamil.com

Cheran is making his Mayakannadi with utmost care resulting in a slow progress. IR's re-recording and songs have come out excellent and Cheran is very happy about it.

So guys, don't expect Mayakannadi for another 2 months..may be released along with Shivaji..and if that is so, once again IR's songs will go less noticed in the noise Shivaji release creates :(

realactivex
16th February 2007, 09:10 PM
Has anyone seen Anumanaspadam?
Most of the telugu websites are giving a rating of not more than 3/5.
One thing which is heartening to note is that the re-recording has been highly appreciated ( but has been overshadowed in some reviews by cinematography).. Well, i have also read that the cinematography has been amateurish in some cases where the viewer can notice equipment wires dangling in the frames!

app_engine
16th February 2007, 11:38 PM
I've started liking `kuyilAlO' more now...(than my initial listening)...After reading somewhere that it's remake of `khajurAhO' from Fazil's recent disaster, I listened to 'khajurAhO'...It's a nice song...(sweet orchestration)...IMHO Hariharan is pathetic though...after the jubilant "dhirana dheemthanA", why he kills the "keerthana" like an azhumoonji?

An after thought...did anyone feel that `khajurAhO' itself is inspired by the Raja classic `thavikkudhu, thayangudhu oru manasu' here and there?

vem
17th February 2007, 02:26 AM
my 2 cents:

anumaanaspadam - the only good song is the tamil rehash song -"mayanguriral oru maadhu".

All songs can be poured down the drain as they just remind me of the same tunes again and again.

Also, the synth is sometimes very jarring.......... Even the tamil version is a much better than this Telugu one....

IR IR IR - where are you ? Why are you trying to mimic others by going for synth. Please produce ur old style melodies as that is the reason why we have been steadfast lovers of ur music for decades.

I just hope the movie will be good and despite not knowing Telugu, I am going to watch the movie just for IR and Vamsi ! Hopefully, it stands up to the best thriller Anveshana !

raja_fan
18th February 2007, 11:50 AM
Vem,

It is "Mayanginen solla thayanginen..." , not mayangugiraal oru maadhu, this song is from a old movie i think Paasa malar :)

raja_fan
18th February 2007, 11:52 AM
What is happening to tfmpage.com ? Frequently the site is down, particularly during the weekends ! Admin, what is happening ?

K
18th February 2007, 07:43 PM
http://content.msn.co.in/Tamil/Entertainment/Articles/0702-17-3.htm

teja
18th February 2007, 10:27 PM
Anumanaspadam video songs...

http://cinefolks.com/telugu/VideoSongs/movie/Anumaanaspadam/

"Raa Raa Gumma" sounds kinda of different in the film, in IR's voice.

irir123
19th February 2007, 08:09 AM
the picturisation for "Raa Raa" SUCKS bigtime! it is so bereft of aesthetics! sagikkavillai

irir123
19th February 2007, 08:12 AM
so does "Ninuvethiki" - uggh!

itsmuls
19th February 2007, 10:06 AM
Good that Naser is back with a Movie "Historical" and IR is going to give music.

Hope we shall expect everlasting melodies like "Thendral Vanthu Theendumpothu", etc.....

raja_fan
20th February 2007, 09:35 PM
I now feel that I would be rather happy if IR retires than suffering this loooong wait for his each and every next album
:(

It has been more than a year since we had a proper tamil album of IR..
Will Mayakannadi be worth this long wait ?? Do you think Cheran has good music sense to extract tunes from IR.. ? I really doubt !

app_engine
21st February 2007, 03:01 AM
>>Do you think Cheran has good music sense to extract tunes from IR<<

May be not. However, there's some hope that this is Panju Arunachalam's family production...Raja has always done decent work for them...

realactivex
22nd February 2007, 04:15 AM
[tscii:02082c2d44]Anumanaspadam is worth a watch
rediff review: http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2007/feb/12ssanu.htm

G P Aditya Vardhan | February 12, 2007 11:16 IST

Top Emailed Features

•SRK's message to the youth
•Eklavya is worth a watch
• Want Big B as President of India?

Tell us
• Ask a question

Advertisements
• Big B Vs King Khan
• Movie Mania
• Bollywood Fashion

It is evident from the title that Telugu film Anumanaspadam is a suspense thriller. Set in the wild woods, it is not exactly an edge-of-the-seat thriller but it keeps the audience engrossed. The credit for this goes to director Vamsi.

Based on the life of sandalwood smuggler Veerapan, the film opens with gun shots and police cordoning the area located in a dense forest. There is a body lying on the floor and the protagonist Basavaraju Surya, aka Basu, who is a television reporter, reporting the news. The body in question is that of Veerappan. The scribes pack up and are returning when a person asks them a lift to the city. He is an investigative journalist, who spent nine months in the forest gathering information about the brigand and passing it on to the cops.

According to the script, Veerappan has stashed away his loot in the forest and this man knows the place. However, the van meets with an accident and the journalist hands over the material to Basu. Now, Basu wants to go in search of the loot but needs a team to accompany him.

He enlists the help of his best friend, a landmine detector, bomb diffuser, a doctor, a cook, a guide, a driver and a financier.
This motley group then overcome several obstacles that are miraculously cleared for them, and finally finds the loot.

The film is well structured and maintains the tempo thanks to a combination of a clever story, good direction and scintillating music. Maestro Illayaraja and Vamsi come together after Anveshana. The superbly composed songs add romance to the splendid landscape captured magnificently by cameraman Vinda.

There are quite a few episodes that are very hilarious like the one in a village where the entire men folk sport Veerappan moustaches. The songs are choreographed skillfully and full marks to Vamsi for this.

Convincing performances by the new cast make the film enjoyable.

Rediff Rating:

[/tscii:02082c2d44]

Hulkster
22nd February 2007, 07:35 AM
>>Do you think Cheran has good music sense to extract tunes from IR<<

May be not. However, there's some hope that this is Panju Arunachalam's family production...Raja has always done decent work for them...

I am not sure if you guys know...but after the film was launched raja is taking care of the situations he will compose for..thats mean like azhagi film he will be choosing the situations to compose and deriving the tunes from there...so theres no involvement from cheran here :D

kiru
24th February 2007, 04:50 AM
Any ideas why Panju Arunachalam is not writing lyrics these days ? Even for his own movies ..and letting IR write it. He has done kaRRinilE varum geetham, gayathri, kavikkuyil and many more wonderfully.

irir123
24th February 2007, 10:31 AM
I have a gut feeling that "Maayakannadi" album is gonna rock!

Shankar
26th February 2007, 12:26 PM
I have a gut feeling that it is never gonna be released :-(

However, I am expecting a good effort from Raja on this album.

crvenky
26th February 2007, 01:27 PM
What happened to the movie Kalaignar???? Is it gonna released?

vasanth2006
26th February 2007, 02:54 PM
I have a gut feeling that it is never gonna be released :-(

However, I am expecting a good effort from Raja on this album.

FYI, MK is gonna release on April 14. ( i seen Ads in the dailies)

raja_fan
26th February 2007, 04:33 PM
April 14 ? Thats too late..But better late than never :)

btw.., what was the Ad like ? Was it promising atleast from the Ad ?

raja_fan
26th February 2007, 04:59 PM
It is Cheran Vs Rajni !

http://indiainteracts.com/gossip/2007/02/17/351/Cheran-Vs-Rajnikanth/

For us, it is IR Vs ARR ? :)

irir123
26th February 2007, 10:43 PM
Raja fan - when is the audio of Mayakkannadi to be released ? it should happen at least a month before the actual release of the movie ? I have heard from a reliable source that it is an experimental album by IR!

njv
27th February 2007, 02:59 AM
Raja fan - when is the audio of Mayakkannadi to be released ? it should happen at least a month before the actual release of the movie ? I have heard from a reliable source that it is an experimental album by IR!

Shankar is known for releasing the audio 90 days before the movie release date. Not sure if he change his standard for Rajini. Going by that, if he follows his usual dates etc, I dont see Sivaji coming out on Apr 12th. Lets see........

njv
27th February 2007, 03:06 AM
April 14 ? Thats too late..But better late than never :)

btw.., what was the Ad like ? Was it promising atleast from the Ad ?

Here is some quote from elsewhere to confuse you

"After seeing this film, distributors were doubtful about its commercial success. So Panju requested Cheran to release the film at his own risk. Due to this deadlock, the release of the film has been delayed. The correspondent met Cheran on Friday. After listening to everything, Cheran replied, “There is no need for giving a reply to every rumour about my films. I'm confident about Maayak Kannadi."

- So was his Autograph and TT! For distributor anything other than Vijay/Ajith type of movie is a garbage

"This world is like a magical mirror and all the images that appear are illusionary", utters Cheran philosophically. "Can another MGR, Sivaji, and Rajini be created? The movie will answer that question in a lighter vein", states Cheran adding "'Maaya Kannadi' will be a role model movie which people and my fans can look up to". - Cheran

I wonder if 10A and Naan Kadavul will comout at the same time :)