PDA

View Full Version : IlayaRaja's New Albums 2013-15 - Mahendran film/Thaarai thappattai/Mythri

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

sivasub
17th January 2015, 05:07 AM
My review after a couple of hearings:

1. Ishq-a-phillum: The lyrical ballad that Balki talked about. Full of lyrics - looks like a tribute to the film industry. It has a very hoarse singing by Suraj Jagan and follows one of IR's typical flows where he plays with most of the adjacent notes (experts, please confirm). Overall it gives a very different feel when you hear - sounded more like jazz to me. Definitely a good song.

2. What a star: This one is rendered by Caralisa Monteiro and the only song that has lyrics by Kausar Munir. The drum beat is something that we have heard many times. But there's a small alaap like sound that is so very good. Perhaps this is a song played in the background when Dhanush becomes a superstar in the movie.

3. Piddly: The one we have been hearing for many days now. Superb rendering by Amit and a good song overall.

4. Sannata - Song from the elder Hassan sister rendered nicely. Aasaiya kaathula thootu vittu in a techno form. IR really experimented on this song with the initial chorus and the subsequent guitar support. A very different attempt to be making a cult song in Tamil.

5. Thappad: Lyrics are something that i got very impressed with. A completely different song from whatever attempted by IR so far, rendered nicely by Suraj again. I personally like this a lot and feel it has all ingredients of a blockbuster. Perhaps this song comes in the background when the tension b/w Amit and Dhanush start.

6. Lifebuoy: Starts with lifebuoy ad and then meanders all over. Couldn't really relish this song... perhaps because this is very situational. Does it come when Dhanush is doing ads before becoming a star!!! A 3rd for Suraj Jagan; lucky guy.

The feeling that I was having after listening to this album is that while IR is moved on, all of us have remained where we were so many years back. Hats off to the maestro for having tried something that he may himself have never tried venturing. Oram po, oram po, Ilayaraja vandi varudhu....

krish244
17th January 2015, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the youtube link Venkiram.

Songs in youtube link are in mono (bitrate sounds decent though...not sure what bitrate it is). Not sure why they upload songs in mono. I think they can upload samples in good bitrate in stereo instead of mono full song. That would do more justice to clarity and would help in appreciating (especially when the music is layered) the music better.

http://gaana.com/song/sannata

You can listen to the songs in stereo in gaana website. Not sure what is the bitrate though.

On first listening, the album sounds amazing. Lots of surprises. Quick review is that I liked Sha Sha (what a bass shift at 1:59...Godly), piddly, thappad, ishe e phillum and more probably. This man (IR) is unbelievable for the quality and innovativeness he gives in his music even at this age. A real inspiration!

Will write more on this album later...

thanks,

Krishnan

JamesDap
17th January 2015, 01:06 PM
As I listen more and more to Shamitabh, it's actually like a commercial potboiler soundtrack of late 80s/early 90s Raja. Sure it SOUNDS nothing like music of that era but look at the distribution of the songs. There are two songs with a strong emotional pull, Piddly and Ishq. Ishq is the kind of track you could play while the title credits roll. Sha Sha Mi Mi the kind of dance track that used to play while the hero ambushed the villain at a discotheque. :D Sannatta and Thappad are also dance tracks. Say an album like Vetri Vizha was also full of dance tracks with one really memorable and beautifully sung duet (Poongatru Un Per Solla). I don't know what the scenes are actually like but beneath the contemporary sounds, this is essentially Raja playing to a tried and tested formula.

RR
17th January 2015, 01:23 PM
Looks like Balki wanted catchy dance tracks from IR. Tunes catch on to our minds, and I am sure they will become commercial hits. IR has much less scope. Sonnata is a nice surprise. Maybe I am still biased towards his 80's stuff. what a flow from start to finish. Didn't see that in other songs. Sruti of course excels in pop-style rendition. Thats my first impression. More after more hearings.

JamesDap
17th January 2015, 01:38 PM
Thought Ishq E Phillum had the maximum scope and was very much in the vintage IR vein, synth notwithstanding. Even the melody was developed very much in that pattern.

mappi
17th January 2015, 03:02 PM
Its been a decade that I don't visit Discotheques. Meaning, Shamitab is not for me. But certainly a DJ's treat where after clumpsy remixed IR songs are played non-stop, here is an album to rise and drop the ambience in the most right way possible. The sounds are catchy, but still not my kind. This kind of album coming from IR is a surprise to me, an unusal album in whichever way you look at it.

Sannata

I am here to talk only about this song. Apart from the technical details, the motif of this song is what is going to make this song a craze. If you don't understand it, you are not going to give it the needed appreciations. And being in Hindi language, most of us are just listening to the music, the heart beat, but not seeing the organ, the heart that is beating.

Sannata means Silence. That itself would have made you sit errect, a Music about Silence. 'Sannata' as a representative word is quite rarely used in the language, just like anyother language due to evolution and SMS kind of styling, such words get disappeared once and for, applicable to any language. Sannata was made popular by A K Hangal (who plays the role of an imman) in the movie Sholay where he says 'Itna sannata kyun hai bhai' - 'Why are you so silent'.

The song lyrics by Swanand Kirkire goes on to question the involvement of various craftsmen/women in Music, and terminates the Silence is the only pure music (something like that but not actually expressed in the same way). So IR, as I had already mentioned I am awed by this man's Directive qualities. The setup, the sound engineering, colors, structures ... etc., are all secondary. Its the idea that comes first. Listen to the song and note the 'shhhh' following the the song everywhere. Who else could have assosiated a 'Sshhhh' with silence in Music. Secondly the 1st stanza talks about Lyrists and the 2nd about Singers. Note the variations he brings in while addressing the role each one Plays inbetween the stanzas.

Each song is loaded in such a way, proving yet another time that IR is fabulous.

Shamitabh's Sannata - Sound of Silence.

K
17th January 2015, 06:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ_UrUATS1s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Raja sir's Latest Kannada Release.

JamesDap
17th January 2015, 06:39 PM
Its been a decade that I don't visit Discotheques. Meaning, Shamitab is not for me. But certainly a DJ's treat where after clumpsy remixed IR songs are played non-stop, here is an album to rise and drop the ambience in the most right way possible. The sounds are catchy, but still not my kind. This kind of album coming from IR is a surprise to me, an unusal album in whichever way you look at it.

Sannata

I am here to talk only about this song. Apart from the technical details, the motif of this song is what is going to make this song a craze. If you don't understand it, you are not going to give it the needed appreciations. And being in Hindi language, most of us are just listening to the music, the heart beat, but not seeing the organ, the heart that is beating.

Sannata means Silence. That itself would have made you sit errect, a Music about Silence. 'Sannata' as a representative word is quite rarely used in the language, just like anyother language due to evolution and SMS kind of styling, such words get disappeared once and for, applicable to any language. Sannata was made popular by A K Hangal (who plays the role of an imman) in the movie Sholay where he says 'Itna sannata kyun hai bhai' - 'Why are you so silent'.

The song lyrics by Swanand Kirkire goes on to question the involvement of various craftsmen/women in Music, and terminates the Silence is the only pure music (something like that but not actually expressed in the same way). So IR, as I had already mentioned I am awed by this man's Directive qualities. The setup, the sound engineering, colors, structures ... etc., are all secondary. Its the idea that comes first. Listen to the song and note the 'shhhh' following the the song everywhere. Who else could have assosiated a 'Sshhhh' with silence in Music. Secondly the 1st stanza talks about Lyrists and the 2nd about Singers. Note the variations he brings in while addressing the role each one Plays inbetween the stanzas.

Each song is loaded in such a way, proving yet another time that IR is fabulous.

Shamitabh's Sannata - Sound of Silence.

I would say that goes for the album as a whole too. The lyrics add a lot of zest and youthfulness and by themselves make the songs easier to get into. There's a lot of Hinglish...e.g Stereophonic Sannata, Dolby Digital Sannata. I think people may get the idea even without knowing much if any Hindi, kind of like how Kolaveri became a national rage in spite of being in Tamil.

venkkiram
17th January 2015, 07:53 PM
Admin,

Please move all the posts related to 'Shamithabh' from recent pages to the thread I created specially for that movie.

Thanks.

Kimrep
17th January 2015, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the youtube link Venkiram.

Songs in youtube link are in mono (bitrate sounds decent though...not sure what bitrate it is). Not sure why they upload songs in mono. I think they can upload samples in good bitrate in stereo instead of mono full song. That would do more justice to clarity and would help in appreciating (especially when the music is layered) the music better.

http://gaana.com/song/sannata

You can listen to the songs in stereo in gaana website. Not sure what is the bitrate though.

On first listening, the album sounds amazing. Lots of surprises. Quick review is that I liked Sha Sha (what a bass shift at 1:59...Godly), piddly, thappad, ishe e phillum and more probably. This man (IR) is unbelievable for the quality and innovativeness he gives in his music even at this age. A real inspiration!

Will write more on this album later...

thanks,

Krishnan

thanks for that link krishnan, the youtube version is horrible.

Kimrep
21st January 2015, 10:01 PM
thanks for that link krishnan, the youtube version is horrible.

Venkiram,
When i said "the youtube version is horrible" i was referring to the quality of the audio, it was not meant to put down your effort in finding a place where the songs were available and sharing it in the forum. I do appreciate the fact that you took the time to share it with everyone, thanks.

RR
23rd January 2015, 09:43 AM
Mythri songs

Kailash kher does it again. Impressive rendition of 'chandranenu'. 'ithu yaava lokavo' has nice melody & interludes, yet I think it would've been much better with a different singer choice. Maybe it fits the movie. Apart from these I notice names from super singer finalists in other songs - interesting.

venkiraam, I noted your request. Issue is: most of the shamitabh posts in this thread are prior to the first post in the new thread. Moving posts will mess up your thread. So, as a compromise, I have a added a cross-link to the related posts from the new thread.

krish244
27th January 2015, 03:22 PM
Touring Talkies (tamil) promo/teaser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuwu676BZlg

Looks like the audio is launched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy8MEEXg7Rk

thanks,

Krishnan

irir123
28th January 2015, 04:00 AM
Mythri sucks - am sorry - the production standards yet again are below par - NEPV is the reference standard for IR's albums henceforth.

dochu
28th January 2015, 08:01 AM
Whatever little that I heard from trailers, press meets etc - music for Touring Talkies is definitely not a high note for IR. Can't believe he composed such things. Usually one can feel his passion and hardwork in his songs, here it was just like a fastfood - bland.

I would be surprised if it ever hits a chart or liked by the public.

On a related note, why didn't he attend the audio release ceremony? If it was intentional, then not a commendable gesture from him.

Hulkster
28th January 2015, 07:45 PM
Seriously, what is with our fans' obsession with thalaivar attending this ceremony or not attending ceremony etc? I understand that not many albums of him have been releasing until the past one month but that does not mean we all start focusing on ceremony attendance, function procedures and whether his slippers were facing the entrance correctly.

He has given us alot of music to ponder about this one month so let us avoid all this needless digression.

dochu
29th January 2015, 12:48 PM
@Hulkster,
It is not an obsession. These are just a courtesy, respect and whatnot - that held with high regards as a moral conventions. Afterall the audio release function is primarily for the music director's efforts. It doesn't make sense to have a party without the chief guest.

Unless the reason is genuine and unavoidable, it is not very polite to disregard an invitation to be present as chief gues (especially).

svaisn
30th January 2015, 05:47 AM
@Hulkster,
It is not an obsession. These are just a courtesy, respect and whatnot - that held with high regards as a moral conventions. Afterall the audio release function is primarily for the music director's efforts. It doesn't make sense to have a party without the chief guest.

Unless the reason is genuine and unavoidable, it is not very polite to disregard an invitation to be present as chief gues (especially).

Unless we know the reason (which we will never know) there is no point in even posting it...

dochu
30th January 2015, 06:38 AM
Unless we know the reason (which we will never know) there is no point in even posting it...

Using your same logic - if my post in invalid, why did you counter post? which also has no meaning for a meaning less post. Ain't it?

And what would be the requisites (standards) for best posts in this forum?........ would you mind pulling out examples from yours?

krish244
30th January 2015, 10:22 AM
Dochu,

IR is generally not known to attending audio release of movies that he scored. Unless, there is a specific request/need for him to be at the audio release function. This is known to the tamil movie industry and they have accepted it.

From what I heard of the title song of TT, it did not create great first impression. But, it did not sound bad as well. I will wait to listen to the whole album to see what to take.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
31st January 2015, 10:50 PM
Touring talkies (tamil) review. As per reviews, movie is not good.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/cinema-reviews/touring-talkies-movie-review/article6842586.ece

"...At the end, as the lights switch on, you realise you’re among the few people left in the theatre. It’s a mark of how bad the film is that even Ilaiyaraaja’s best efforts can’t salvage it."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/movie-reviews/touring-talkies/movie-review/46079630.cms

thanks,

Krishnan

dochu
1st February 2015, 08:37 AM
Dochu,
IR is generally not known to attending audio release of movies that he scored. Unless, there is a specific request/need for him to be at the audio release function. This is known to the tamil movie industry and they have accepted it.

I concur.

Maybe like you, I have grown up admiring him and very well know the fact that you have stated above.

Would somebody accept if nobody turned up for their parties? Can they let it go considering that is a known fact?

Because somebody is that way, doesn't make things right, get excused and get written into the law of moral conventions which the humans value.

Again, I don't know the reason for his absence, but as you said above, there is a history and hence I posted. I admire too much of him, and sometimes, can't digest these quirks.

I would be really really surprised if the audio takes off, as you posted, the movie tanked. It is like NEPM, santhanam song - no matter how much ever he claims it to be great, audience didn't like it at all. There is nothing wrong in giving out bad ones, when there is a rise, one should expect fall too.

venkkiram
1st February 2015, 09:50 AM
இதே பாடல சூழல் அவரது ஆயிரம் படங்களின் வரிசையில் எத்தனையாவது முறை! இருந்தபோதிலும் ஒவ்வொருமுறையும் எப்படி இவரால் மட்டும் மெலடி, பின்னணி இசையில் புதுப்பொலிவுடன் கோலோச்ச முடிகிறது? இசை ராட்சசன்.

டூரிங் டாக்கிஸ் - சுட்டிப் பெண்ணே சுட்டிப் பெண்ணே..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1G_IEhbUDc&feature=youtu.be

எவ்வளவு அழகா சரணத்திலிருந்து பல்லவிக்கு பாலம் கட்டுகிறார் பாருங்கள்! The Best Architect!

venkkiram
2nd February 2015, 10:25 PM
டூரிங் டாக்கிஸ் - ஆசை முகம் மறந்து போச்சே

அழகான பாரதியின் வரிகளுக்கு நானும் கர்நாடக சங்கீத வித்வான்கள் பலவித ராகங்களில் அமைத்த ஒருசில வடிவங்களை கேட்டிருக்கிறேன். ஆனால் இளையராஜா தனக்கே உரிய முத்திரைகளுடன் என்ன ஒரு அழகுடன், பொலிவுடன் இன்னொரு வடிவத்தை அளித்திருக்கிறார். மாணிக்கவாசகர், கம்பன், காளிதாசன், பாரதி என மேதைகளோடு ராஜா அடிக்கடி உரையாடி வருவது நம்மைப் போன்ற ரசிகர்களுக்கு பெருவிருந்து.

krish244
3rd February 2015, 01:32 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/124509.html

Rudramadevi audio rights bagged by Lahari music.

"...G.Manohar Naidu, CEO of Lahari Music, is very happy for bagging the audio rights of the movie. He said, "'The album of 'Gopala Gopala', released by us earlier this year, has been in the top position. We released many of Ilayaraja's albums. He also composed music for 'Rudhramadevi', which will be remembered for many generations. So we bagged the rights offering a huge price..."

thanks,

Krishnan

irir123
6th February 2015, 06:44 AM
anything on Shamitabh's background score now that its released in India?

krish244
6th February 2015, 12:32 PM
Some reviews below.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/shamitabh-review-amitabh-bachchan-dhanush-r-balki-akshara-haasan/1/417249.html

"...Music by Illaiyaraaja is good both Piddly (sung by Amitabh Bachchan) and Sha Sha Sha Mi Mi Mi are good numbers. PC Sreeram adds his magic touch and makes it a good viewing experience...."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/hindi/movie-review/Shamitabh/movie-review/46140842.cms

Music gets 4/5.

thanks,

Krishnan

irir123
7th February 2015, 10:17 PM
http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/index/2015-02-06/Shamitabh-review-rating-130000

krish244
11th February 2015, 01:14 PM
"Uyire Unnai" song from TT movie. Decent song with nice piano-like sounds and simple beats accompanying most of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IOz1OkpZTQ

You can listen to other songs from the below link of this movie TT:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp2DVLUFNXS4JPvYxVpfqjA

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
11th February 2015, 01:18 PM
"Chaka Chakaan" song has nice beats too (liked the way drums ends each charanam).

thanks,

Krishnan

Hulkster
11th February 2015, 06:46 PM
It looks like Chaka Chakaan was composed in the midst of thalaivar's output for Shamitabh. I always love his output for erotic songs but this one has stunned me. The pattern of the song has touched upon the style of Rihanna/Beyonce Knowles song in thalaivar's orchestration. Goodness me!

irir123
11th February 2015, 07:18 PM
http://accessbollywood.net/2015/02/06/movie-review-shamitabh-2015/

"....More distracting than any of these flaws is the movie’s music. The songs are horrible, but the incidental music is downright clownish. Any emotional moment is punctuated with garish musical cues so amateurish that it’s hard to believe that this is Balki’s third film...."

krish244
13th February 2015, 01:03 PM
It seems IR has agreed to compose two songs for kannada movie GAME. Its on actor Arjun's request and IR likes the movie's concept. Not sure if he will be the sole composer or joint (sandeep chowta)

http://m.timesofindia.com/entertainment/kannada/music/Chowta-out-Ilaiyaraaja-in-for-Game/articleslikeshow/46228539.cms

Hope the songs turn out to be great!

thanks,

Krishnan

mappi
17th February 2015, 07:24 PM
Merku Thodarchi Malai‬, a Vijay Sethupathi Productions.
Music : IR
Filming in progress

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10983416_410611015763847_3220062903184938783_n.jpg ?oh=1163518befbe068b4e5ed75f775ee1d1&oe=5557C904&__gda__=1431978548_e72f77b78e2ea0dd36d61e3e50a5832 e

https://scontent-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10270432_410610845763864_2796377606635729328_n.jpg ?oh=6447cbab3428f01098d37fddc1ef4b70&oe=5556696A

https://scontent-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10427303_410610869097195_4923819022984288256_n.jpg ?oh=30bd1a94fdbdbd0de444bddb13b2553e&oe=558D3546

https://scontent-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10986699_410610822430533_898667843554149377_n.jpg? oh=eef5404b78908262dd0da504f5b4ab14&oe=5557D93D

krish244
18th February 2015, 11:19 AM
Looks like IR is the (only) composer for the kannada movie GAME.

"...Action King Arjun, Shyam, Monisha Koirala and others are in the cast of this murder suspense film. It is 30 days schedule for the film shoot. One song will be captured in Switzerland...Music maestro Ilayaraja is scoring music..."

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/kannada/article/125783.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
20th February 2015, 01:50 PM
GAME is known as "Oru Melliya Kodu" in tamil.

http://www.tamilcinema24.com/news-id-ilayaraja-oru-melliya-kodu-20-02-159056.htm

thanks,

Krishnan

SVN
20th February 2015, 05:23 PM
Oru Melliya Kodu movie launch function. Director, Actor Arjun and IR speak. IR asks the journalists to tell the name of the first thriller film for which he scored the music, i.e. Sigappu Rojakkal.

http://cinema.dinamalar.com/tamil_cinema_video.php?id=34361&ta=V

teja
21st February 2015, 11:23 PM
Looks like Raaja is mighty impressed with "Evade Subhramanyam" (Telugu film) and composed one song for the film (Rehash of "Thendral Vanthu"). (As per the anchor during the audio launch). Rest of the film is composed by someone else.
IMO, it looks like they have reused Raaja's song and gave him the credit. Raaja has done a few films for that banner, recent one being 'Om Shanthi". It's highly unlikely that Raaja would do something like this. I guess they might be using Raaja's name to bring some hype. The clip is too short to guess if it's really Raaja or not. Have to listen to preludes and interludes to arrive at a conclusion :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LVszSPLf9o

krish244
22nd February 2015, 08:02 AM
Teja, it appears (as per Keeravani's comments) that IR's song has been reused:

"...The Ilayaraja song and all the other songs are very good. Radhan did a good job..."

http://www.indiaglitz.com/ntr-and-rajamouli-grace-yevade-subramanyam-audio-launch-telugu-news-126137

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
22nd February 2015, 08:13 AM
Just listened to the above trailer....what a goose bump inducing charanam tune. Nicely sung. Soothing remix music. Need to listen to the whole song (Challa Gaali Thakuthunna) sometime.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
23rd February 2015, 10:44 AM
IR to compose for a new movie "Kalathur Gramam" starring producer S.A.Rajkannu's son.

http://tamil.filmibeat.com/news/ilaiyaraaja-compose-kalathur-giramam-033304.html

thanks,

Krishnan

teja
23rd February 2015, 12:07 PM
"Challagali Taakutunna" by Ilayaraja from "Yevade Subhramanyam" (Telugu)
http://www.saavn.com/p/song/telugu/Yevade-Subramanyam/Challa-Gaali-Thakuthunna/RgscA0N1ckk

Lyricist tried to stay close to the original lyric as much as possible :)

Revamped orchestration does sound like Raaja though, especially those strings in charanam and second interlude. Did Raja really compose this? Can some one confirm? If not, Radhan has done a good job.

krish244
25th February 2015, 07:00 AM
Rudramadevi audio could launch on 22nd march:

http://www.iluvcinema.in/telugu/rudramadevi-trailer-release-date-confirmed-audio-launch-in-warangal/

thanks,

Krishnan

inetk
26th February 2015, 07:30 PM
Challa gaali thakuthunna reproduced/recreated by Raja himself - confirmed by Radhan, the film's lead composer.

Karthik

Revamped orchestration does sound like Raaja though, especially those strings in charanam and second interlude. Did Raja really compose this? Can some one confirm? If not, Radhan has done a good job.

mappi
26th February 2015, 08:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HHyIARX1UQ

Song: Challa Gaali Thakuthunna
Album/Movie: Yevade Subramanyam
Artist Name: Nani, Malvika, Vijay Devara Konda, Others
Singer: Senthil, Rihitha
Music Director: Ilayaraja
Lyricist: Ananth Sriram
Music Label : Lahari Music

[I don't have the CD yet but from what I hear the keys are fantastic and yes the amazing tune gets an awesome treatment. I like the way the instrumental sounds follow the vocal like something mystical. Gives a rich feeling. I also liked the strings cover. And the female vocal is a charm. Only problem I had was with the echo effect. I felt it could have been included only in the theatrical RR and not in the soundtrack version. Think this echoing would be amazing while watching it with the visuals in a dark room.]

sivasub
2nd March 2015, 09:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc0QmDnNy3U

Rudramadevi official trailer...

irir123
3rd March 2015, 03:07 AM
trailer and special effects look very very tacky!

Joannepx
3rd March 2015, 09:27 AM
டூரிங் டாக்கிஸ் - ஆசை முகம் மறந்து போச்சே

அழகான பாரதியின் வரிகளுக்கு நானும் கர்நாடக சங்கீத வித்வான்கள் பலவித ராகங்களில் அமைத்த ஒருசில வடிவங்களை கேட்டிருக்கிறேன். ஆனால் இளையராஜா தனக்கே உரிய முத்திரைகளுடன் என்ன ஒரு அழகுடன், பொலிவுடன் இன்னொரு வடிவத்தை அளித்திருக்கிறார். மாணிக்கவாசகர், கம்பன், காளிதாசன், பாரதி என மேதைகளோடு ராஜா அடிக்கடி உரையாடி வருவது நம்மைப் போன்ற ரசிகர்களுக்கு பெருவிருந்து.

Venkkiram Sir, Do you have the audio link? I have searched in youtube and i couldn't find it. Is this song from Touring talkies movie?

venkkiram
3rd March 2015, 09:33 AM
Venkkiram Sir, Do you have the audio link? I have searched in youtube and i couldn't find it. Is this song from Touring talkies movie?

Sundar Varadarajan,
Yes ஆசை முகம் மறந்து போச்சே is from டூரிங் டாக்கிஸ். I have the mp3 file. I would send across if you share me your email id in personal message. Also, people in twitter saying this tune of ஆசை முகம் மறந்து போச்சே was already sung by Karthik in one of the Carnatic Concerts. So, not exactly sure whether Raja himself provided the orchestration for that tune or Karthik Raja did the orchestration. Because this song is completely new from what we know of Raja.

krish244
10th March 2015, 07:00 PM
Making of SWAPPNAM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqJwoEy9gaQ

thanks,

Krishnan

sivasub
11th March 2015, 09:45 AM
Making of SWAPPNAM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqJwoEy9gaQ

thanks,

Krishnan

Thanks krish244 for sharing this. You made my day!!! A very well made video and I was spellbound by IR's speech at the end - amply giving respect to all the other artistes and respecting arts in general.

krish244
11th March 2015, 11:29 AM
Thanks krish244 for sharing this. You made my day!!! A very well made video and I was spellbound by IR's speech at the end - amply giving respect to all the other artistes and respecting arts in general.

I am glad!

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
12th March 2015, 10:50 AM
IR to compose music for new movie directed by Naveen Raghavan (director of "Majna pai") *ing Vikram Prabhu. In effect, he will be composing for the 3rd generation (Sivaji Ganesan, Prabhu and Vikram Prabhu). He has given many hits for the first two gen (more so for Prabhu). Hope it is something special for Vikram Prabhu as well.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/illayaraja-does-it-for-three-generations--tamil-news-127517

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
15th March 2015, 10:29 PM
Rudramadevi audio is planned to be released on April 8th at Warangal fort:

http://www.gulte.com/movienews/36928/Royal-Audio-Launch-At-Royal-Fort

thanks,

Krishnan

Dragun
16th March 2015, 04:42 AM

Unfortunately the CD only has a fraction of the music from the actual show. I wish they would release the entire soundtrack, and maybe a DVD of the show too.

krish244
18th March 2015, 06:34 PM
As per the below news, IR to score for Myshkkin's next with Sarathkumar. P.C.Sreeram is also part of crew.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/ilayaraja-and-p-c-sreeram-for-mysskinsarath--tamil-news-127683

thanks,

Krishnan

K
22nd March 2015, 12:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2c63mSXldw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqoWf5n86cc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0ZUaKCf1A

3 Songs of Rudhramadevi Released Last night.

sivasub
22nd March 2015, 01:17 PM
here's the list of all songs.... six in total and two by SPB :)

http://allindiaroundup.com/rudramadevi-songs-jukebox-mp3-listen-online/

dochu
22nd March 2015, 01:33 PM
Punnami Puvvai - & Auna neevena - flows like honey.
Choosukovo Teesukovo - sorry, outdated to me.

Punnami puvvai also resembles shades of ponnar shankar (?). Maybe I got biased by the movie theme resemblance.

K
22nd March 2015, 09:06 PM
All Songs of Rudramadevi official

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4uyuv0FVO9yHJ_ReWuRLpyfvv_iWtRTQ

teja
22nd March 2015, 09:22 PM
"Antahpuram lo andaala chilaka" - Take a bow dear Maestro! Heavenly composition. Absolute bliss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHrVEbAYVKg

teja
23rd March 2015, 12:09 AM
'ROYALLY ENRICHING MUSICAL JOURNEY'- RUDRAMADEVI AUDIO REVIEW
http://www.iqlikmovies.com/news/article/2015/03/22/anuskha-ilayaraja-rudramadevi-movie-audio-review/8046

jmahesh
23rd March 2015, 05:45 PM
It looks like Chinmayi got her first opportunity to sing under IR in this movie

Fliflo
23rd March 2015, 06:14 PM
It looks like Chinmayi got her first opportunity to sing under IR in this movie

Nope...she has sung a few in Sri Ramarajyam including solos...

thumburu
24th March 2015, 05:19 PM
Heard 4 songs out of 6 in Rudramadevi, the most awaited Telugu album for me after "Sri Rama Rajyam".
Found 3 of these to my liking. My list in that order :
1. Antahpuram lo - Heaved a sigh of relief when 2 other youthful female voices made up for Sadhana. Loved the song's laid-back drawl and the coy vocal parts. A very "girly" song which may not find men's favour. So what? I am lapping it like I did for "malar vililE" - 'Ponnar Sankar'.
2. Punnami puvvai - Goes to show how mastery in the art of vocals can pole vault the song and its listener well above seventh heaven. Shreya, all the way.
3. Auna neevena - Wonderful, breezy melody with apt orchestral backing. But heavily let down by Sadhana's ageing vocals. How I wish Raja paid Shreya's price for this one too!!

Choosukovo theesukovo - outright rejected.

SVN
27th March 2015, 02:29 PM
I found Chitra's rauncy rendition of Thoosukovo theesukovo to be quite good. She seems to be enjoying singing 'with attitude' on a lower octave.

thumburu
29th March 2015, 01:03 PM
yes, Chitra seems to be letting down her hair and enjoying the fun. But Raja disappoints me with a damp squib tune

venkkiram
5th April 2015, 09:36 AM
கங்கு கொஞ்சம் கூட அணையாமல் மென்மேலும் படைப்புத் திறனில் பொலிவடைந்துகொண்டிருக்கும் ராஜாவின் ருத்ரமாதேவி திரையிசைப் பாடல்களைத்தான் தற்போதைய நாட்களில் அதிகமாக கேட்டுக்கொண்டிருக்கிறேன். முக்கியமான கீழுள்ள மூன்றுப் பாடல்கள் இனிவரும் வாழ்க்கை முழுதும் நம் கூடவே பயணிக்கும் ஜீவிதம் பெற்றவை.

1) புன்னமி பூவ்வை - சுகாந்தமான காற்று பூக்களைச் தொட்டுச் செல்வதுபோல மெலடி மற்றும் பின்னணி. அற்புதமான ஆரம்ப இசை. ஸ்ரேயா கோஷல் குரலில் பல்லவி கேட்பதற்கு தேவாமிருதமாக இனிக்கிறது. தாய்மொழி வேறொன்றாக இருந்தாலும் ஸ்ரேயா தென்னிந்திய மொழிகளை கையாள்வது பெரியதொரு சாதனை. முதல் இடையிசையில் "சூவே சுபலாலியம்மா" எனத் தொடங்கும் கோரஸ். எப்படி ராஜாவுக்கு மட்டும் கோரஸ் உருவாக்குவதில் ஒவ்வொருமுறையும் சிகரம் தொடுகிறார் என்பது வியப்பாக இருக்கு. பாடல் முழுதுமே தந்திக்கருவி இசைகளை கோர்த்தே நெய்திருப்பது ராஜாவுக்கே உரிய முத்திரை.

2) ஔனா நீவேனா - ரொம்ப வருடங்கள் ஆகிவிட்டது. ஹரிஹரனும் சாதனாவும் சேர்ந்து பாடுவதைக் கேட்டு. இந்தப் பாடலும் சரி, முதலில் குறிப்பிட்ட புன்னமி பூவ்வை பாடலும் சரி.. ராஜா பல்லவியை கட்டமைத்த விதம் எனக்கு ரொம்ப பிடித்திருந்தது. எல்லாரும் இப்படித்தான் ஒரு பல்லவி போகும் என நினைத்திருக்கும் பாதையை விட்டு தனியே செல்வதுதான் தான் விரும்புவது என ராஜாவே ஒரு பேட்டியில் குறிப்பிட்டு இருந்தார். பல்லவியாக இருக்கட்டும், சரணமாக இருக்கட்டும்.. ஒவ்வொருமுறையும் ஔனா நீவேனா என்ற இடத்தை மீண்டும் தொடும் விதமே அழகு. சரணத்தில் உச்ச்சச்தாயில் சாதனா கஷ்டப்பட, ரொம்ப நிதானமாக ஹரிஹரன் அதையெல்லாம் கடந்து செல்வதைப் பார்க்கமுடிகிறது. பின்னணி இசைக்கு வழக்கம் போல பாடம் எடுத்திருக்கிறார் என்றே சொல்லலாம். தந்திக் கருவிகள் மலைமுகடுகளில் நின்றுகொண்டிருக்கும் நம்மை தொடர்ச்சியான மேகக்கூட்டங்கள் தழுவிச் செல்வதுபோல உணரலாம். இரண்டு பாடல்களிலும் தபேலாவின் தாளக்கட்டு தாலாட்டுகிறது.

3) அந்த்டபுறம்லோ - இது கொஞ்சம் துள்ளல் நிறைந்தது முதல் இரண்டு பாடல்களை ஒப்பிடும்போது.. திரைப்படத்தில் தோழிகள் சேர்ந்து பாடுவதுபோல இருக்கலாம். சித்ரா, சாதனா, சின்மயி மூவரும் வரிகளை பகிர்ந்து பகிர்ந்து தொடர்ச்சியாக பாடியிருக்கிறார்கள். ஒன்றுக்கு மேற்பட்ட பாடகர்கள் பாடும்போது, மெட்டில் ஒவ்வொருவருக்கும் இடம் ஒதுக்குவது ராஜாவுக்கு கைவந்தக் கலை. அதை இன்னொருமுறை இப்பாடலின் மூலம் உணரலாம்.

பின்னணி இசையருவிப் பாய்ச்சலில் ராஜாவிடமிருந்து தொடர்ந்து வரும் படைப்புகளில் ருத்ரமாதேவி அதற்கென ஒரு இடத்தைப் பிடித்துக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது.

Joannepx
9th April 2015, 05:27 AM
Anthapuramlo-- Maestro has done the magic again. How on earth maestro can provide this melodious numbers again and again. flawless rhythm. Take a bow to maestro.

Joannepx
30th April 2015, 07:14 PM
Has anyone had a chance to listen to Kidapoosari Magudi audio? Audio was released last week and I haven't seen any reviews yet.

krish244
10th May 2015, 07:10 AM
Rajkiran to make "En Rasavin Manasile - 2". Music by IR.

http://m.indiaglitz.com/rajkiran-gears-up-for-en-rasavin-manasile-2-tamil-news-132245.html

thanks

Krishnan

Joannepx
13th May 2015, 07:56 AM
Kida Poosari Magudi - tracks available in google music

https://play.google.com/store/music/album/Ilayaraaja_Magudi_Original_Motion_Picture_Soundtra ?id=Bl4nom2jjrk636vojcmgnozxxji

Hulkster
14th May 2015, 06:37 PM
Man you guys are really dull! A new album is here!

When i first heard of this album, i was fearing that it was going to be another one where thalaivar just glances through and just puts in the standard earthy and rustic fare. But besides one song, most of the songs are quite strong in their orchestration and instrumentation and we have atleast 3 fresh tunes. Chinna paya vayasu and manikkuyilu satham have a great string ensemble with western classical touches all round but my personal favourite is muthu muthu which is a beautiful blend of qawwali, folk and villupattu. Listen as soon as possible guys :D

irir123
14th May 2015, 10:39 PM
Hulkster - its dull coz the album is not released properly - thanks for the review - will give it a listen

Hulkster
15th May 2015, 01:49 PM
That's true. His small budget movies typically have this issue. I could not find touring talkies until i came across spotify and apple store. Sadly he does not take control of how his albums are sold and released into the market, so we just have to deal with what we can get.

apewenodurug
16th May 2015, 09:19 AM
Hulkster - "Chinna Paya" udanae ilukkudhu - instant favorite for me. Just started listening, beautiful strings…..

SVN
19th May 2015, 07:50 PM
Karthik of ITWOFS reviews the Kida Pusari Magudi album based on the link provided here. Sundar Varadarajan, did he acknowledge? :)

krish244
26th May 2015, 08:32 AM
Balki's new movie is a love story staring Arjun Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. As per the below link, music will be by IR

http://m.indiaglitz.com/balki-next-is-a-love-story-tamil-news-133603.html

thanks,

Krishnan

irir123
28th May 2015, 03:48 AM
Balki's new movie is a love story staring Arjun Kapoor and Kareena Kapoor. As per the below link, music will be by IR

http://m.indiaglitz.com/balki-next-is-a-love-story-tamil-news-133603.html

thanks,

Krishnan

If Balki asks IR for rehashed tunes again, grrrrrrrrrr!

krish244
2nd June 2015, 06:47 PM
Article about IR on his 72nd Birthday:

http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/article.php?aid=47379

A Very Happy Birthday to Ilaiyaraaja!

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
7th June 2015, 12:14 PM
Article about "Punyakoti" (animation movie in Sanskrit):

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/Columns/Sunday-Read/Making-of-the-first-Sanskrit-animation-film/articleshow/47567981.cms

"...But when I mentioned this to Ilaiyaraja sir, he recommended I make this an animation movie, if I find a producer...
...Apart from Ilaiyaraja, who has agreed to create music for the movie free of cost..."

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
8th June 2015, 08:13 AM
IR's talk with NewIndianExpress:

http://www.newindianexpress.com/cities/chennai/How-Long-Can-People-Listen-to-the-Same-Old-Music/2015/06/08/article2854371.ece

"...Ilaiyaraaja says that he has composed all genres. He also added that the music in the current project he is working on would be different. “We need to be different to survive. How long can people listen to the same old music!” he asks with a a laugh...."

thanks,

Krishnan

Hulkster
8th June 2015, 08:27 AM
Article about "Punyakoti" (animation movie in Sanskrit):

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/Columns/Sunday-Read/Making-of-the-first-Sanskrit-animation-film/articleshow/47567981.cms

"...But when I mentioned this to Ilaiyaraja sir, he recommended I make this an animation movie, if I find a producer...
...Apart from Ilaiyaraja, who has agreed to create music for the movie free of cost..."

thanks,

Krishnan

People talk so much about his character yet they fail to realize the amount of help he has given to so many people in the film industry. If he had actually taken money from all the films he composed for free, he can easily finance Marudhanayagam with money to spare for Endhiran 2.

An animation film in Sanskrit sounds very interesting given the way the language sounds. But it might be a good hit with people who have followed Japanese animation films as the Japanese languages used in anime has some similarities with Sanskrit. Is this the first "Open-source" film where there are various contributors to the film making?

sudhakarg
9th June 2015, 10:19 PM
பாத்திரம் அறிந்து கொடு....
1. கஞ்சத்தனம் ஜாஸ்தி..

Just this one statement makes me feel that this person has not understood Raja very well ;-) (BTW, raaja oru puriyaadha pudhir enbadhu ellaarukkumee therindhadhu dhaan). Also not able to appreciate this person's views on Karthik Raja. If seeing is believing, KR seems very different. Anyways... IMHO :-)

rajaramsgi
10th June 2015, 03:48 PM
Just this one statement makes me feel that this person has not understood Raja very well ;-) (BTW, raaja oru puriyaadha pudhir enbadhu ellaarukkumee therindhadhu dhaan). Also not able to appreciate this person's views on Karthik Raja. If seeing is believing, KR seems very different. Anyways... IMHO :-)

சுதாகர்ஜி, நீங்கள் மட்டுமல்ல,கொலை வெறியோடு எனக்கு இரண்டு நண்பர்கள் கூட செய்திகள் அனுப்பி இருக்கிறார்கள். :

நான் ராஜா சாரை கஞ்சன் என்று சொல்லவில்லை. சமீபகாலமாய் ராயல்டி, அவர் பெயர் பயன்படுத்துவது போன்ற விஷயங்களில் அவரை பற்றி நிறைய தவறான செய்திகள் வருகின்றன. அவருடன் இருப்பவர்களே அவரை பற்றி தவறான அபிப்ராயங்களுடன் தான் இருக்கிறார்கள், கங்கை அமரன் உட்பட.

ஆனால், இங்கு, இந்த மையத்தில் அவரை பற்றி வருகின்ற நல்ல செய்திகள் சேர வேண்டியவர்களுக்கு சேருவதில்லை என்பது தான் என் கருத்து.

கிருஷ்244 புண்ணியகோட்டி படுத்துக்கு இலவசமாக இசை அமைத்து தர ராஜா சார் ஒப்புக்கொண்ட விஷயத்தை சொல்லி இருந்தார், அதை அமோதித்து தேவையானவர்களுக்கு தேவைப்படும்போது, பாத்திரம் அறிந்து, செய்ய வேண்டியதை சரியாய் செய்கிறார் என்று சொல்லி இருந்தேன்.

கார்த்திக்ராஜா பற்றிய என் கருத்தில் மாற்றமில்லை...(அது இந்த திரிக்கு சம்மந்தமில்லாத விஷயமும் கூட)

krish244
12th June 2015, 09:23 PM
IR to compose for Kaakka Muttai director's next movie:

http://www.iluvcinema.in/tamil/kaaka-muttai-director-ready-with-his-next-movie/

thanks,

Krishnan

rajaramsgi
14th June 2015, 10:50 PM
Anyone heard kida poosari magudi songs? no reviews yet.. please share your views if you heard the songs already..

kr
15th June 2015, 03:58 AM
Anyone heard kida poosari magudi songs? no reviews yet.. please share your views if you heard the songs already..

I bought the songs from iTune and have been hooked on to the songs. The pick of the album is "Chinna Vayasu Pillai" - a duet. Lovely tune and mesmerizing.sung by Surmugi and a newcomer. My next favorite is "Manikuyilu Satham" sung Ilaiyaraja. Ilaiyaraja's voice sound strained when he starts with the pallavi but sounds great in the rest of the song. Its a brilliant song. ""Oru Kalathile" is a number sung by Sarath - nice song. SBP would have been a better fit for this song. "Nee Aatukutti" is a pleasant song sung by Rita. "Muthu Muthu" is an OK song. Overall very enjoyable album.

rajaramsgi
15th June 2015, 04:22 AM
சின்ன பய மனசு சும்மா இருக்குதில்லை என்னை படுத்துதடியோ - இதை தாண்டி இன்னும் என்னால் வெளியில் வந்து மற்ற பாடல்களை கேட்க முடியவில்லை. ஆரம்பமே ஜோர். பாடல் முழுவதும் நிறைய வாத்தியங்கள். இந்த பாடல் நம் அனைவரையும் வசியம் பண்ணும். கௌரி மனோகரி ராகமாம்.

சரியான முறையில் மார்கெட்டிங் செய்தால் இந்த பாடல் 2015ன் ஹாட்ரிக் ஆகலாம். ராயல்டி பிரச்சனையில் fm மற்றும் சேனல்களில் போடுவார்களா?

ஒவ்வொரு பாடலிலும் ஒரு கதை சொல்ல வேண்டும், முன்னுரை, இடைவேளை, கிளைமாக்ஸ் என்று எல்லாவற்றையும் ஒரு பாடலில், 5 நிமிடத்தில் சொல்லியாக வேண்டும், அதற்குள் ஏதாவது புதிதாக செய்ய வேண்டும் என்று ஒரு முறை சொன்னார். - அதெல்லாம் இந்த பாடலில் உண்டு.

72 வயதிலும் தடம் புரளாமல், காலத்தை அனுசரித்து ராஜா சார் போய் கொண்டே இருப்பது ஆச்சர்யம். சிங்கம் சிங்கம் தாங்க, சிலிர்தெலுந்து நிக்குது...

rajaramsgi
15th June 2015, 04:11 PM
Will I be branded as anti-christ if I say that Raja sir should refrain from singing lovely duets like manikuyilu satham (KPM) or Vaanam mella (NEPV)? These songs could have been enriched with voices like Sriram Parthasarathi in my personal opinion.

நல்ல வேலை, சின்ன பய மனசு பாடலையும் அவரே பாடி வைக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் அதே பாடலை, கரூர் ராஜராஜன் போர்வாள் ஊசிமணி பாசிமணி பாடலை மெட்டமைத்தது போல், சின்ன பய மனசு என்று தத்தகாரம் போட்டு ராஜா சார் ஹார்மோனியத்தில் தாளம் போட்டபடி, மெட்டை மெருகேற்றுவதாக நினைக்க நினைக்க உள்ளம் குதூகலிப்பதை தடுக்க முடியவில்லை.

kr
15th June 2015, 07:39 PM
Will I be branded as anti-christ if I say that Raja sir should refrain from singing lovely duets like manikuyilu satham (KPM) or Vaanam mella (NEPV)? These songs could have been enriched with voices like Sriram Parthasarathi in my personal opinion.

நல்ல வேலை, சின்ன பய மனசு பாடலையும் அவரே பாடி வைக்கவில்லை. ஆனால் அதே பாடலை, கரூர் ராஜராஜன் போர்வாள் ஊசிமணி பாசிமணி பாடலை மெட்டமைத்தது போல், சின்ன பய மனசு என்று தத்தகாரம் போட்டு ராஜா சார் ஹார்மோனியத்தில் தாளம் போட்டபடி, மெட்டை மெருகேற்றுவதாக நினைக்க நினைக்க உள்ளம் குதூகலிப்பதை தடுக்க முடியவில்லை.

I have to disagree on the point of IR singing. While the start of the song shows the strain in his voice, I don't think anyone else can bring the emotion he brings in the charanam of the song. I am a big fan of his rustic voice.

krish244
16th July 2015, 04:01 PM
IR's movie with Kaakka Muttai's director is named "Kutrame Dhandanai". The movie will have only BGM and no songs.

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/regional/illayaraja-teams-up-with-kaaka-muttai-director-for-kutrame-dhandanai/

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
31st July 2015, 08:32 AM
IR's new malayalam movie starring Mohanlal. Directed by Priyadarshan. Movie is a big budget multilingual (Malayalam, Azari, Russian, Turkish, and Chinese) action thriller according to the below news:

http://www.filmibeat.com/malayalam/news/2015/mohanlal-and-aparna-gopinath-to-play-a-married-couple-192520.html

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
31st July 2015, 03:24 PM
Balki's new movie is title "Ki and Ka". Planned for Summer 2016 release!

http://movies.ndtv.com/bollywood/kareena-as-ki-arjun-as-ka-in-balkis-film-1201993

thanks,

Krishnan

irir123
31st July 2015, 08:23 PM
IR's new malayalam movie starring Mohanlal. Directed by Priyadarshan. Movie is a big budget multilingual (Malayalam, Azari, Russian, Turkish, and Chinese) action thriller according to the below news:

http://www.filmibeat.com/malayalam/news/2015/mohanlal-and-aparna-gopinath-to-play-a-married-couple-192520.html

thanks,

Krishnan

that IS very Interesting! IR has given some stunners for Priyadarshan - Kaalapani, Gopura Vasalile, Nirnayam - just some examples

krish244
11th August 2015, 01:29 PM
The below link says "Ki and Ka" will have music by IR and Meet Bro Anjaan. I hope MBA is guest composer (or will be remixing some IR number).

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/kareena-kapoor/ki-and-ka-expected-be-laugh-riot-0

thanks,

Krishnan

sivasub
22nd August 2015, 10:29 AM
The below link says "Ki and Ka" will have music by IR and Meet Bro Anjaan. I hope MBA is guest composer (or will be remixing some IR number).

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/kareena-kapoor/ki-and-ka-expected-be-laugh-riot-0

thanks,

Krishnan

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/news/339740/cinematographer-pc-sreeram-finds-ilayarajas-ki-and-ka-song-awesome

krish244
23rd August 2015, 09:19 AM
Thanks Sivasub. Was about to post that link!

Another telugu movie "Abbayitho Ammayi". Teaser in the below link. Says audo releasing soon. Do not remember hearing that IR is composing for this movie. Anyway, nice song. IR stamp so evident.

http://www.thewiire.com/entertainment/abbayitho-ammayi-movie-official-teaser-released-naga-shaurya-ramesh-varma/8550/

thanks,

Krishnan

sivasub
24th August 2015, 09:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwAH0ZEz-a0&t=33m18s

SPB referring to a song that he sung for IR in a Vamsi movie. Any idea which movie is this. Listen from 33.18 till 33.59

K
24th August 2015, 06:22 PM
Spb Sir Sings in a new movie directed by Vamsi.

sivasub
24th August 2015, 07:54 PM
Spb Sir Sings in a new movie directed by Vamsi.

Thanks K. I speak good Telugu :). Just wanted to know which new movie he was referring to.

krish244
17th September 2015, 12:46 PM
Update on "Love and Love Only" english movie by IR. It seems the movie premiered in Silicon Valley and to be released sometime this November. IR chose Rachael Leahcar as the singer for the movie. Not sure how many songs are there. Very curious to know what type of songs and orchestration IR has employed this time. Rachael Leahcar is a good talent (she is visually challenged) and a very nice voice. She was part of finalists of a singing reality show in Australia.

http://prwire.com.au/pr/54375/self-funded-australian-romantic-drama-scored-by-legendary-composer-ilaiyaraaja

thanks,

Krishnan

irir123
9th October 2015, 07:50 AM
http://www.cinesprint.com/tollywood/reviews/4709-rudhramadevi-movie-review.html

"….The music is the major downfall for the movie and all the songs have been visually good but poor in melody…"

krish244
9th October 2015, 12:58 PM
As per the below link, it seems IR has composed only one song for the movie "Ki and Ka" :(. Rest of the songs are sourced from the likes of Honey Singh (and probably meet bro as per earlier news).

http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/balki-directed-hindi-film-ki-and-ka-is-almost-done.html

thanks,

Krishnan

K
14th October 2015, 11:15 PM
Malayalam Version Of Rudhramadevi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixxMZUteJNg

krish244
15th October 2015, 07:01 AM
IR to compose BGM for Priyadarshan 's "Sila samayangalil " movie. Whether to have songs or not is yet to be decided

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/Ilaiyaraaja-on-board-for-Priyadarshans-next-film/articleshow/49351926.cms

Thanks,

Krishnan

sudhakarg
6th November 2015, 05:11 PM
No new albums?? No news? Or is it just that people have moved on to other social media sites while I continue to bank on TFM Page for IR news?

krish244
6th November 2015, 07:51 PM
No new albums?? No news? Or is it just that people have moved on to other social media sites while I continue to bank on TFM Page for IR news?

That's what I was wondering! Once of the longest lull I have seen in this thread :(

BTW, audio of Abbayitho ammayi supposed to get released by this month end. Read it in some link. Will find and post later.

thanks

Krishnan

krish244
6th November 2015, 07:56 PM
Here is the link

http://www.chitramala.in/naga-shouryas-abbayitho-ammayi-latest-updates-207135.html

thanks,

Krishnan

buggle
7th November 2015, 01:39 AM
No news about Tharai thappatai audio launch?? Initially movie was expected for Diwali release, later they said Dec release...no news after that...

krish244
19th November 2015, 06:35 PM
Article about IR and Balki's Ki and Ka movie:

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/has-balki-chosen-a-new-music-team-over-his-favourite-ilaiyaraaja-for-ki-and-ka/16694156

As known earlier, IR is doing one song and BGM. Remaining songs are from other composers.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
19th November 2015, 07:11 PM
Posted by irir123 at another thread. Posting here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6BkEIJx0Io

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
19th November 2015, 07:17 PM
Thanks much irir123 for the link.

So, the captivating trailer music comes in "Edhuru Choosthunna" song. Wonderful music in this song. Nice bass effect in charanam as well.

Look out for rap and funky music in "Okasari" song.

Yet to listen to other songs.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
19th November 2015, 07:30 PM
Pretty decent album with few nice melodies. Lots of new sounds and patterns. That's my short take as of now.

thanks,

Krishnan

Joannepx
20th November 2015, 08:12 AM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2015/11/19/abbayitho-ammayi-music-review-telugu-ilayaraja/

krish244
20th November 2015, 06:53 PM
It was BLAAZE who had done the rap portion in "Okasari" song (of AA movie). First time for him with IR. In the rap portion, I especially liked the time when the bass with trumpets kicks in. Nice effect.

Krishnan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKsKwMI0frw

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
20th November 2015, 07:00 PM
It seems Bala's next movie will be multi-starrer. Mammootty will be part of it. IR will score the music.

http://kaumudiglobal.com/innerpage1.php?newsid=71570

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
22nd November 2015, 07:00 PM
Two more new movies for IR:

IR is the composer for Prakash Raj's new bi-lingual (Telugu/Kannada) movie "Mana Oori Ramayanam".

http://www.telugucinema.com/news/Prakash-Raj%E2%80%99s-new-film-director-announced

He is also the composer for "Kathalo Rajakumari" (telugu) movie.

http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/index/2015-11-21/Namitha-Pramod-is-Rohith%E2%80%99s-Rajakumari-187826

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
27th November 2015, 04:54 PM
Tharai Thappattai audio to release on Dec 17th.

http://www.galatta.com/tamil/news/tharai-thappattais-audio-launch/86319/

There are plans to make the audio release grand as it is IR's 1000th movie.

thanks,

Krishnan

jmahesh
27th November 2015, 07:54 PM
Pretty decent album with few nice melodies. Lots of new sounds and patterns. That's my short take as of now.

thanks,

Krishnan
I also felt that the songs were good. I liked Edhuru Choosthunna , Tholi paruvam ,Maatallo cheppaleni and Kanulu Kalanu. Really love Kanulu Kalanu , have been listening to it all day. Tholi paruvam sounds a bit like Jagada Jagada ( Geethanjali) to me , i liked the saranams better with the accompanying (?)violins .

thumburu
28th November 2015, 03:52 PM
My take on "Abbayitho Ammayi" :
Thank you for sharing the link to listen to IR newbie "Abbayitho Ammayi".
My Top 3 pick from "Abbayitho Ammayi" goes as
"okkasaari", "kannulu" and "maatellO".
In "okkasaari", when the singers seem to have a whale of a time enjoying their role , I have to admit that it gets highly infectious and I can vouch for that foot stomping rhythm to get even the laziest couch potato to move his body. The entire song,not just the second interlude is age defying.
"kannulu kalanu" - oozes "honey" all over and it has all making of that perfect hit which the maverick used to relentlessly manufacture in the 80's. It is really hard not to like this one. Nice rendition too.
MatellO is that apt bed time, uncluttered stream of milk and nectar . May be in the regular Mohanam scale of Raja , but in times where pseudo melodies masquerade as
genuines, this one is pristine.
Songs that could be a bit more better : "tholi paruvam" - singers need to sing with more verve.The synth beats lack energy and the intermediate music piece that is played between 2 lines in the pallavi , ala "muthirai ippOdhu kuthidu thappAdhu" song sounds pretty dull when compared to the organic sounds used in the latter song. But all these little nit-picks vanish during the second interlude that strike me as a bolt out of the blues. Only Raja could conceive such a beautiful surprise.
Okkasaari is a rap after all and Blaze and Co did have a blast. But a fast paced melody like "saradale" demands vocals with melodious voices like shreya, Shweta Mohan , Saindavi. Somehow felt the flattened out western pop voices failed to bring out some intricacies.
I completely agree with Vibavari's voice sounding monotonous, lifeless in the "edhukku choodunnu" song, that could have been another "kajurAho kanavilE" , also in KeeravAni with a singer like Shreya or Shweta. hm...
- mythila

krish244
28th November 2015, 06:02 PM
Tharai Thappattai to have 7 songs.

http://home.mykollywood.com/2015/11/28/think-music-releases-maestro-ilaiyaraja-1000-thaarai-thappattai/

thanks,

Krishnan

irir123
28th November 2015, 08:19 PM
http://behindwoods.com/tamil-movies-cinema-news-15/ilayaraja-to-do-music-for-kamals-appa-amma-vilayaattu.html

rooky
29th November 2015, 08:29 PM
Nice album.I seriously envy Telugu audience... Looks like Telugu directors are getting good variety of music from Raja...Different genre movies unlike in Tamil.

krish244
9th December 2015, 06:20 PM
IR received best musical score award for "Love and Love only" movie. The article says australian award. Not sure which one is it. The article has pictures of award!

http://www.vikatan.com/cinema/article.php?aid=56126

BTW, you can hear a glimpse of one of the songs in the below youtube link. Heard it sometime back. Good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btg6KWN3R2o

thanks,

Krishnan

buggle
14th December 2015, 10:04 PM
Thara thapattai audio was planned to release this week - dec 17th, still happening??any insiders?

Joannepx
19th December 2015, 08:55 PM
Thara Thappatai audio launch on 25th or 26th of December. Only limited audio cd quantities are pressed.

krish244
20th December 2015, 07:58 AM
"Oru melliya kOdu" audio to release in first week of Jan 2016.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tamil/music/Parthiepan-lends-voice-to-Oru-Melliya-Kodu/articleshow/50245480.cms

"...Ilaiyaraaja's re-recording is a masterpiece..."

thanks,

Krishnan

K
25th December 2015, 09:01 AM
Ilaiyaraaja 1000 "Thaarathappata"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXfaWeFE3jM

Ethnic Symphony - Thaarai Thappatai Theme.

jmahesh
25th December 2015, 05:31 PM
[QUOTE=K;1275869]Ilaiyaraaja 1000 "Thaarathappata"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXfaWeFE3jM

What an album !!!!
Each song/piece is outstanding.
The long wait was really worth it.

Joannepx
26th December 2015, 01:36 AM
Here is one more which is not included in the original CD

Aarambam Aavadhu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsk0tvNvSR0&feature=youtu.be

suivipa
26th December 2015, 07:40 AM
Great Album
Hooked on to it since morning.
Going to get original CD from India by courier.
God!
Music God
IR
Incomparable, Iniyilla one and only composer living amidst us.
I am blessed again today. Cannot ask for more .

Paruruvaaya - I get to remember prakashraj doing saashtaagam getting emotional in IR studio as mentioned by him. Truely this song evokes multiple emotions needless to say each and every cell gets its share and rejuvenation.

Truely we can call this mindblowing experience.

Long live our music God.

suivipa
26th December 2015, 07:46 AM
Initially we heard that the album has 12 numbers as reported , may be we have several bits coming in , filling in to take the story telling and narration forward??
I wish the remaining gems find its way in the BGS or at appropriate montages thru out the film.

Hulkster
26th December 2015, 08:15 AM
Does anyone notice that the aattakkari maman ponnu song is very unconventional in the design and orchestration? Its like the song itself is "drunk", where despite the regular interludes and preludes, the stanzas are purposely broken instead of being free flowing. Its like broadway theater feel with a bit of playfulness.

I am destroyed by the thaarai thapattai theme. The interplay with different percussions is one thing but once those nadhaswarams come in and lay onto you, it becomes a symphony of anger. Sasikumar does not need to even emote when the angry moments come, just this theme is enough to make him look like a angry destroyer.

If musicians of the future and the present want to learn about innovation, the thaarai thappattai theme should become a thesis. He has basically used nadhaswaram, voice accompaniments (at the end) and percussions in a way you will never imagine.

mappi
26th December 2015, 05:16 PM
Thaarai Thapattai CD Cover & Poster

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-7ai86zzL_no/VnvvxHKko8I/AAAAAAAAKBA/nSm0UeNe4sk/s1600/Tharai-Thappattai-%2BTracklist%2B%25281%2529.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXDdQEmUEAAZHPq.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8HU8GPTaYIM/Vnvvx3Kug_I/AAAAAAAAKBI/3_GOM3vxotg/s1600/Tharai-Thappattai-%2BTracklist%2B%25282%2529.jpg

mappi
26th December 2015, 05:23 PM
Without Lettering, Magnificent IR

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=4795&d=1451130757

dochu
26th December 2015, 06:17 PM
Just listened only once. Couldn't resist to post.
My top rated ones
Theme music - combination of symphony like, traditional (tamil/Kerala style) etc. Just mind blowing!!!

Paruruvaaya and Attakari song catches one right away.

Rest of songs needs more listenings.
Sharreth's idarinum song - he sounds like Balamuralikrishna to me.

For the time being - People who are in Oscar awards team, including one of our Indian born musician - hope you all get to hear it. This is the music from a man who has crossed more than 1000 films and still stronger and exceptional than anyone on earth!!!!

Hulkster
27th December 2015, 05:07 AM
Can we please stop bringing in ARR and Oscar at every single album launch? Let's just appreciate the music for what it is.

Hulkster
27th December 2015, 05:11 AM
Album seems to look at sins and suffering even more than Naan kadavul. Not sure if my mind can tolerate another dose of heavy melancholy like that. :shaking:

JamesDap
27th December 2015, 09:33 AM
My thoughts exactly. I don't blame IR for doing what was required of him by Bala but I don't think I can stomach more heavy melancholy. It's a pity that increasingly TFM only has scope for these kind of scores from IR (as compared to the refreshing lightness of Abbhaiyitho...).

suivipa
27th December 2015, 11:08 AM
Dochu/Hulkster/CK
when I first heard the Paaruruvaayo song, it gave me goose bumps and not to mention the melancholic connection it brings alongside Naan Kadavul (Kannil Paarvai Pol). with Kannil paarvai song the rendition was stunning and the way the music would complement the singer and take it to a crescendo during second charanam and its interludes nothing short of master piece. who else but IR can conceive such orchestration for s simple melancholic tune and for a blind person singing with utmost emotions and dissertion.

coming back to Paaruravaayo , again the context may be similar because the connection and story telling format is for a bala film. Again it gives me a Eerie feeling everytime (about 7-8 times) I have listed to from yesterday.

Question that arises each time how come this man at 73 years feel , get into the skin of the character time and again and deliver such a master piece.
Mind blowing with the way he orchestrates and executes seamlessly. Did you see a newbie sitting on the mixing console when the master was in full flow conducting along side and Bala chipping in briefly with some utterances while recording was in progress?

so organically things are being done and for the 1000th time !!!!

How on earth he can do it again and again.

I imagine and desperately want Kamal to get back to IR for another round of composing session and extract another master piece like Hey ram or Virumaandi kinda album . we can see the man in full throttle action giving his best!!!

Hmmmm.... Kadavule,!!! let this materiaise .....

suivipa
27th December 2015, 11:35 AM
while browsing those Youtube videos, once again I revisited the July dated Thanthi TV , Tanjavur location shooting spot and IR visit.
How much silly can the media persons get for the Nth time and instigate and irritate the Music god.

One guy asks questions like .....
Sir, Neega recenta Hindila "Shamitabh: maadri padangallukum Isai amaikkireenga and Ippo Balavoda padamana Tharai Thappattai madiriyana Gramiya padangallukkum ore nerathile work panringo??? Eppadi ungalala sathiyamaagudu?

If I was sitting there beside Bala or another assistant in the crowd, I would come right underway and smack this media guy?

How much more stupid can these questions get and at the way he puts his question?

For IR stature he got annoyed for sure and took on to answer it by quoting the best example possible and for the Nth time that I have seen.

Seriously he should refrain from Media from now on and give it back to these dumb asses until they realize their mistake and repent???

Seriously .......

All questions are so flat , standard , Immature , some times ridiculing like the one asked during Beep song controversy last week.

Media and scribes of today are worst , do not know what they are supposed to learn and perform in the field ?

I am saying this to all the media from NI, Karnataka, AP and TN mostly. Kerala the Interviewing process and media men do not exaggerate or create Hype for every silly things going on each day. people there are knowledgeable to a large extent and refrain from mediocre and cheap publicity.

Tamil nadu strives on Hype, Tension and Padattamana suzhnilai each day. Media is responsible for this situation and starts at dawn each day.

mappi
27th December 2015, 03:34 PM
Bala movies have always talked about the extremes of birth, life & death. Its his way of showing reality through motion picture.

Sethu/Nanda ends with death.
Avan Ivan closes with a death rally.
Pitha Magan opens with a brith in a graveyard.
Naan kadavul starts with a search in Kasi amoung cremating & floating bodies.
Paradesi is almost a walk on rope between birth & death, a life left hanging somewhere inbetween.

So Thaarai Thappatai is not going to be any different. The amazement is that IR supporting Bala with different shades to a common idea. Even YSR in 'Oru Aiyram Yennai' from Nandha purely merged with his father.

Indha Pongal Kari Kuruma thaan (LoL). IR bgm-ku waiting. GVP in Paradesi was good, but the visuals were eating out his score. Bala needs IR, even IR's Silience is Music.

JamesDap
27th December 2015, 08:09 PM
I think the tone has become more serious with Naan Kadavul and if the music is any indication, Thaarai Thappatai will follow suit. Sethu had the love track to begin with which gave IR more scope to show different shades of emotion. Pithamagan was even more mainstream and produced the lovely Elangathu. With Naan Kadavul, it's become all melancholy. I will have to wait sometime to slowly digest this new monster.

venkkiram
27th December 2015, 11:13 PM
ஊர்கள் கூடும் திருநாளை
தொடங்கிவைக்கும் என் கூட்டம்
முடிந்தால் ஊரோரம் ஒதுங்கி வாழவேண்டும்

இசைதெய்வம் கலைவாணி
எனக்கருளும் போதும்
ஊர்தெய்வம் பேசாது சாட்சிபோல பார்க்கும்

நிறைந்த எந்தன் நெஞ்சம்
திறந்திருக்கும் வானம்
குறைகள் தன்னைத் தள்ளி
உண்மை கொண்டு வாழும்

எனக்கென்று எது உண்டு
இங்கு இந்த மண்ணில்
எந்த எதிர்பார்ப்பும் இல்லை
வேறு என்ன வேண்டும்

இசையிலும் எழுத்திலும் இளையராஜா ஆடிய தாண்டவம்தான் தாரைதப்பட்டை

venkkiram
28th December 2015, 01:01 AM
எங்கேயும் பிசிறாத, தயங்கி நிற்காத தெளிவான இசை ஓட்டம் ராஜாவின் முத்திரை. #தாரைதப்பட்டை யின் 'நாயகன் அறிமுக தீம் இசைப்பாடல்' ஒரு சோறுபதம்.

இந்த தீம் இசையும் பல்லவி, சரணம் என அமைக்கப்பட்டுள்ள மற்ற திரையிசைப் பாடல்களைப் போல ஒன்றுதான். குரலுக்கு பதிலாக துளைக்கருவி. அம்புடுதேன்!

dochu
28th December 2015, 03:07 PM
Hulkster,
I am sorry, you are feeling the other way. I had to bring that up because, I felt there is nothing wrong in expressing right and wrong. It is how IR expressed his views against the reporter who asked an irrelevant question.

My point was that, IR's mastery isn't being noticed and I wish Oscar team notices that such great music is coming from a man who has surpassed the number of films even for a western composer.

I am not sure on what occasion should such things be brought up.

dochu
28th December 2015, 03:14 PM
Tharai thappatai....

Listened more (more than 20 times)
As a normal song to listen to, I would pick 'aatakari and vanthana'. Idarinum and parurvaaya is heavy - not for normal listening. Aarambum...sadly very bland and so is hero intro tune.

Theme music stands out the most and next aattakari.

I listened in Bose noise canceling headphones too, the theme music could have been better recorded. So many sounds, at some points, all merges and can't even make out. I wish the kerala and tamil style drums etc were played in different channels and rest kept separate.

Hulkster
28th December 2015, 06:24 PM
No problem Dochu! Bringing out a way to make IR be noticed is fine, just that it does not have to involve us calling out ARR or any other composer. Unfortunately, Oscar awards are not the correct or best award for music. Grammy should be the actual one but it has lost its value over the years.

Somehow IR does not seem interested in being noticed on the international stage. I have said before that he is like a mad scientist who prefers to explore more and more of music with his ideas while letting people like us spread the wonder of his output.

Agree about the theme music sound recording, especially towards the end. There is a clap like sound right at the end which i can't make out whether it is really a clap sound or not.

Hulkster
28th December 2015, 06:34 PM
Probably the most stunning part of the theme music is the last part. The human chorus replacing the nadhaswaram to result in a very omnious and mysterious sound alongside the raw anger of the percussions catches me off guard all the time. I wonder whether tharai thappattai has some horror in the way sasikumar seeks revenge on all the evildoers.

mappi
28th December 2015, 07:35 PM
Clue : The way the lead actress presents herself in the teaser !

Dochu : Did you try adjusting a bit with the Bass frequency ? Or play it on an audio system by plugging your laptop as input and use the Bose Headphones as the output from the audio system. I did not capt the irregularities, even before hearing it bassy.

Adjusted the Bass as I thought the percussion needed more thumping, and when the Odukai was brought in I was blown.

Hulkster : Towards the end, I could get only the Bell sounds. Did not catch any clap. When the horns are blown, the chorus seems to chant ARO ARO ARO ... HA. Then I hear distant bell sound like a 'Salangai Oli', all the while the Pee Pee going out of sink.

A terrific composition. Thavil & crash cymbals alongside with Nadaswaram & Chenda accompanied by Oodukai & Chorus with a fabulous peak Shankha, it was like a fantastic jugalbandi experience.

Hulkster
29th December 2015, 08:57 AM
Clue : The way the lead actress presents herself in the teaser !

Dochu : Did you try adjusting a bit with the Bass frequency ? Or play it on an audio system by plugging your laptop as input and use the Bose Headphones as the output from the audio system. I did not capt the irregularities, even before hearing it bassy.

Adjusted the Bass as I thought the percussion needed more thumping, and when the Odukai was brought in I was blown.

Hulkster : Towards the end, I could get only the Bell sounds. Did not catch any clap. When the horns are blown, the chorus seems to chant ARO ARO ARO ... HA. Then I hear distant bell sound like a 'Salangai Oli', all the while the Pee Pee going out of sink.

A terrific composition. Thavil & crash cymbals alongside with Nadaswaram & Chenda accompanied by Oodukai & Chorus with a fabulous peak Shankha, it was like a fantastic jugalbandi experience.

Those crash cymbals are IR's favourite background sound effect for percussion-based angry compositions. He used it in Om Sivoham in Naan Kadavul, Adada in Pithamagan and Thondru Thottu Indru Varai in Avatharam

If anybody needed to know IR's style, the theme music is the most obvious composition. He basically replaced contemporary western classical instruments for a symphony, with those used in tamil folk. That is to say that for his compositions, all instruments are part of one family; they have no specific genre and are just accompaniments to the situation portrayed by the composition. This is probably the simplest way of saying that all genres and instrument point only to the wind which forms the music.

dochu
29th December 2015, 09:32 AM
Hulkster,
There are numerous noble people who are not in the limelight at all, but have done great things. Although it is sad that they did not get the recognition, as you said they may prefer to 'not to have it' too.

It is my personal aggravation that such great composer (who is beyond others) isn't recognized yet while others are.

I was playing the it my sony mp3 player and also tried home theater system. I am not an audiophile or know more about it, but thought IR would separate into channels (?) like L,R, center etc. so that distinct sounds can be hear in those channels alone. It all sounded in the same 'center'. Hence couldn't isolate it.
Hope I was able to explain it. (basically, sometimes, you hear one particular instrument in right ear alone, like that....)

JamesDap
29th December 2015, 08:58 PM
By no means does IR lack recognition. If that appears to be the case currently, it is only because he is a yesteryear composer operating in a flavour-of-the-season game (which is what film music is). I seem to remember in some of the Rajkiran films from the 90s there would be tall claims about IR's mastery right at the start of the opening credits. Oscars aren't the only kind of recognition and furthermore recognition cannot be a competitive sport where we measure what recognition has accrued to IR vis a vis ARR. IR was king of Tamil film music throughout the 80s and up to early 90s and has won National Award twice. What more recognition is required? Consider that his chief influence in Western music, J S Bach, wasn't even considered a great composer in his lifetime. Many of the great artists of earlier centuries died bereft of either recognition or money. Bram Stoker died in penury for instance and how much money Hollywood has made by reprising his classic work 'Dracula'. Compared to such examples, we should be grateful that IR has in fact been showered with adulation and respect possibly beyond his wildest dreams in his lifetime.

krish244
30th December 2015, 09:57 PM
Director Samuthrakani's movie "APPA" has music by IR:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCbB2w9MPIs

thanks,

Krishnan

dochu
31st December 2015, 10:08 AM
Ck,
very well said. I agree.
Probably, like many other fans of IR, I felt the pinch when others who are not on par with IR seems to boast and get appreciated.

But deep in our hearts, we know the truth. Guess, that's more than enough appreciation for IR.

krish244
1st January 2016, 10:56 PM
Hi All,

Wish you a HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2016 !

I have started a new thread for IR's albums 2016, news and titbits. Below is the link. Let us please continue our discussions there.

http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?12010-Ilaiyaraja-s-New-Albums-2016-News-and-Titbits&p=1278671#post1278671

thanks,

Krishnan

Denrfb
4th January 2016, 03:41 PM
Track 1- * "Hero" intro theme'naalum adhula "music" dhaan hero...#Thaarai Thappattai..This Hero Intro Theme is in Sindhu Bhairavi | S R2 G2 M1 G2 P D1 N2 S | N2 D1 P M1 G2 R1 S N2 S...Raja has explored all dimensions of Sindhu Bhairavi in the past -- from the deep melancholy of Mani Osai Kettu Ezhundhu (Payanangal Mudivadhillai) to erotic Sivarathiri Thookam Yedhu (Micheal Madhana Kama Rajan) ....His Ram Ram (in Hey Ram) was a more militant sounding Sindhu Bhairavi...Here in this theme, the sindhu bhairavi evokes devotion, is artistic, powerful and the Nadhaswaram stands tall with its all glory...Another such similar use of devotion and emotionally intense Sindhu Bhairavi is found in Amman Kovil Kumbham Inge (Aranmanai Kili).....

Track 2 - Vathana Vathana - Priyadarshini (along with Kavitha Gopi) has tried a Kovai Kamala genre here - What an attitude in the singing man !! Just love this song because it celebrates the joyous village festival music in a grand way ! It is fun filled track but maintains its king royale knd of stature ! கிராமத்தில் கூத்து பாடல்கள் கேட்டவர்கள் இந்த பாடலின் அழகை இன்னும் ஆழமாய் உணர்வார்கள் :-)

Track 3- பாருரு வாய பிறப்பறவேண்டும் பத்திமை யும்பெற வேண்டும். Manickavasagar's Ennappadhigam.....Sathya Prakash, Surmukhi have sung like meditation...this tune is like that...it is not music...it is meditation....this is just divine tune in Mayamalawagowlai ....S R1 G3 M1 P D1 N3 S | S N3 D1 P M1 G3 R1 S

பாருரு வாய பிறப்பறவேண்டும் பத்திமை யும்பெற வேண்டும்
சீருரு வாய சிவபெரு மானே செங் கமல மலர்போல்
ஆருரு வாயஎன் னார முதேஉன் அடியவர் தொகை நடுவே
ஓருருவாய நின் திருவருள் காட்டி என்னையும் உய்யக்கொண் டருளே

பத்தில னேனும் பணிந்தில னேனும்உன் உயர்ந்தபைங் கழல் காணப்
பித்தில னேனும் பிதற்றில னேனும் பிறப்பறுப்பாய எம்பெருமானே
முத்தனை யானே மணியனை யானே முதல்வ னேமுறை யோஎன்று
எத்தனை யானும் யான்தொடர்ந் துன்னை இனிப்பிரிந் தாற்றேனே.

(lyrics source - http://www.shaivam.org/tamil/thirumurai/thivacha_044.htm)

Track 4 - Idarinum - Powerful lyrics from Raja and effortless singing as usual by Sharreth ! This is set in raga subhapantuvarali, the scale that is claimed to make you cry....May be thats why the song reminds one of Thedinen Deva Deva of Sri Ragavendra...This tune will live long long years to come. Timeless classic !! Subhapanthuvarali is | S R1 G2 M2 P D1 N3 S | S N3 D1 P M2 G2 R1 S - the raga creates gloomy effect ! - Another great number in Subhapanthuvarali in the devotional genre is Aazha Kadalil - Amma Paamaalai

Track 5 - Aattakkari Maman Ponnu - M.M.Manasi has done a fabulous job, her voice works beautifully for this magical tune (though some words slip out without clear diction, thats ok!)...Just like the Hero Intro Theme, this song is also set in Sindhu Bhairavi | S R2 G2 M1 G2 P D1 N2 S | N2 D1 P M1 G2 R1 S N2 S...But the R1 is dominant almost 100% of the melody, with no showing of R2...The charanams are just out of the world !!

Track 6 - * Thaarai Thappattai Theme - இது climax மியூசிக் ...Like many have said in many forums already -- this is SYMPHONY in TAMIL Folk base.....சும்மாவே பாலா மிரட்டுவாரு ...இதுல ராசா வேற ருத்ர தாண்டவம் !! நாடி நரம்பு ரத்தம் சதை எல்லாம் இசை ஊறின ஒருத்தரால தான் இது முடியும் ...:-) கலி யுகம் அழியும் போது இந்த bgm use பண்ணலாம்...:-) சின்ன பசங்களா ....கொஞ்சம் தூரமா ஓரமா போய் விளையாடுங்க ....எங்கள் இசையாகிய ஈசன் கொஞ்சம் கோபமா இருக்கார் !!

svaisn
8th January 2016, 11:36 PM
Any pointers to buy TharaThappattai @ US

lord_labakudoss
9th January 2016, 06:07 AM
Any pointers to buy TharaThappattai @ US
If you are into the Mac/iOS ecosystem, the entire album is avail in iTunes for $5.99

Thread continued here: http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?12010-Ilaiyaraja-s-New-Albums-2016-News-and-Titbits