Thread: UlagaNayagan KAMALHAASAN in ||"PAPANASAM"|| Directed by Jeethu Joseph

Threaded View

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vithagan View Post
    PN didn't had a wide release..(lack of promottion or UV effect or whatever..) No of screens/shows during the first weekend is less compared to other "anyone else" films.. first weekend importance pathi ungalukku solla thevai illa.. 2 days delay'la padam flop aagura situtationla the achievement made by PN is huge.. ( 4 weeks complete run in NC, USA which I have not seen in recent past for tamil movies).. hence its a sleeper HIT/Super HIT. Blockbuster statusku it should have a grand opening but unfortunately PN didn't had grand opening even though its a blockbuster material..
    Partially disagree on why you dont see it a blockbuster.

We'll have to first start from what it is for a blockbuster to happen. Is it just the collections ? If so how much ? 100C or 150C or 200C or more ? As I mentioned in one of my posts, by the time bahubali got to break even status, it was already declared a BB. So was 'I'. Makes you wonder if its just collections even if the movie might still make a loss/breakeven.

Is it ROI then ? I've seen BW elevating small budget films or last year to BB status. I forget the name but there're was one on sheer ROI. Costs were about 6C and total earnings were about 20C.

Coming to PN .. Its well known that the movie has now crossed 100C. Probably around 125C till date. We also know that it didnt take much to make that movie. I read early on that it cost about 20C. Even adding Kamal's salary to it, we can see that the ROI factor is magnitudes high!

PN satisfies both of these be it collection or ROI factor. So with all these, isn't it sort of a given what PN should be ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement