Thread: Verbatim

Threaded View

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    *UPDATED*

Hi Crazy! Thanx...i wanted to capture the callous ways in which we destroy our Mother Nature....I was attempting to be underhanded...deceiving almost...

Dear mother...
    why do you shun me so?
    you overwhelm me with your tears.
    you push me away with innumerable whispers.
    you make me tremble
    until i am all but lost of my senses.
    Poisoned you make me when you are ill.

(these are alluding to natural disasters (tears =flood, whisper = tornado, tremblings= earthquake...i was thinking these small things in great magnitude could be a way of expressing the elements of natural disasters.... and then our pollution which making while poisioning Nature forebodes illness for us as well)

The hunters have come, yet have not gone;
    they are too strong to merely hide.

(the hunters i mean all those who hunt Mother Nature's living things...that includes us as well because we use the hunter's catch (trees, animals, resources etc)

Yes it is we who have embitterned our thirst.
    Injest all with a questioning.
    hear all with selective hesitation.

(this is the result of our polluting our waters and ruining our own food sources...yet ignoring the problem)

it is only when my brothers richly run away
    that they became damned.
    it is only when my sister don't give way
    that they became mine.

(this was just a play on words about rivers as our brothers (a native american belief/sentiment) and the process of damming them for our use...the sisters as the earth that give us the mineral which we mine)

Mother you are my eden
    that is why i strive to perfect you.

(this of course is ironic...because if eden is paradise then how do your perfect God's (christian view) of perfection? Yet we are continually trying to right Nature when she has her own ways of doing so)

do not forsake your mercy,
    my own mother,
    for we will only take what you cannot hide.

(this is supposed to be beguiling and cruel for what can Nature hide that we have not (drilled, mined, caught, cut, eaten, wasted, ruined and used) that we have not found ways of finding? Yet we do not want to suffer the consequences...hence i ask mercy for the wrongs we commit)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement