Page 60 of 202 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Forever

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rafa just one way from matching Pistol Pete. And Roger is not too far ahead either.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Find of 2013 us open is none other than Wawrinka. His single handed base line shots will stay for some more years in everyone's heart. He damaged many players and entertained the fans until semi final.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    From telegraph:

There was a time when Rafael Nadal was simply incapable of winning the US Open in the eyes of the experts. He's now done it twice, injuries be damned. Once again, the sky is his limit.

"All matches against Novak are special," Nadal tells the Sky Sports team in the middle of his lap of honour around Arthur Ashe. "I felt I was playing amazing tennis but in the second and third he was on fire, no?" "This is the most emotional season of my career," he adds. "I really love the competition, the sport. All my career I dream about being involved I matches like this, you know." Rest and relaxation, the chance to revel in his success? No chance. "I play Davis Cup!" he signs off with a wry chuckle.

"Playing against Novak is always a very special feeling and nobody brings my game to the limit like Novak does," Nadal tells the US Open crowd before he collects a record winners' cheque for $2.6m, plus a second cheque for $1m - his bonus prize for winning both the Open and the US Open series in the run-up to the year's last major.
    "I'm very, very emotional. All of my team knows how much this match today means to me," he adds before addressing Djokovic. "Congratulations, you are an amazing player having an amazing career. I'm sure you will finish your career being one of the best in history. Best of luck to you and your team for the rest of the year and the years ahead."

It hardly seems the time to ask Djokovic what it feels like to play Rafael Nadal in this form: "Thanks for asking me that question," he laughs. "Obviously I want to congratulate Rafa and his team. He was too good, he definitely deserved to win this match and the trophy. Obviously, it's disappointing to lose a match like this. Again, it was a huge privilege and an honour to fight for this trophy."

When they talk about Rafael Nadal in years to come, they will pay homage to the Spaniard's competitive genius - case in point: this four-set double demolition of the world No 1, Novak Djokovic. Nadal nailed his man to the wall in the first set before Djokovic found his feet and his game, but Nadal recalibrated, clung on and, just as it seemed the momentum was firmly with the Serbian, struck from leftfield. Unbeaten in 21 on hard courts in 2013. 12 titles from 13 finals. Two Grand Slams and two defeats in 2013. You're never done against Rafa.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow...RAFA...you done it...congrats... you proved your critics wrong.....
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Steffi Graf:

Congratulations to Serena Williams on her 5th US Open victory, 14 years after winning her first Grand Slam at Flushing Meadows. Yesterday's win didn’t come easy – a credit to Victoria Azarenka who battled back from being down a set and 1-4 in the 2nd set to win the tiebreaker and force a 3rd set. But Azarenka couldn’t keep pace with the defending champion who came out focused to win the final set. A deserved win for Serena who now has 17 Grand Slam titles and, at 31 years old, is the oldest woman to be ranked No. 1.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rafa wins today's prize money of $2,600,000 and a bonus cheque for $1,000,000 (for winning the 2013 Emirates Airline US Open Series Bonus Challenge)!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nadal Defeats Djokovic For US Open Title

By ATP Staff (ATP World Tour News, September 9, 2013)
    |
    http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...vic-Nadal.aspx

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought Rafa will be World No. 1 after this US Open win. Last year Novak didn't win the slam, right?
    Yennai Arindhaal...

Post Thanks / Like
    Djokovic Applauding Nadal's Forehand Shot

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    AS.you are right. Final match itself is like a tie breaker. And Nadal got the third set. One thing the whole world continues to witness is, the best finalists the tennis ever produced. 54 shots rally Mind blowing. Such games bring all fans across globe into one single focus point. Tennis.
    Just watched the video. Mindblowing. Is this the longest rally ever? it would have been a beauty had Nadal won it instead of that backhand unforced error into the net.
    Yennai Arindhaal...