Page 94 of 202 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis Forever

Senior Member Diamond Hubber VinodKumar's's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nightmare first set, bad start in second set, medical time out, bongu aatam, metal torture to Stan and now he is winning easily ...Stan completely lost and digging grave for himself .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Stan. At last you won it. Get well soon Nadal.

# 3 in world # 1 in Swiss .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    Nightmare first set, bad start in second set, medical time out, bongu aatam, metal torture to Stan and now he is winning easily ...Stan completely lost and digging grave for himself .
    Konja nera kadupula neraya eluthitaenn .. though I feel those were not bad at that moment ... Nadal's presentation speech slapped me .

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations to Stan Wawrinka!! Hope this is the first of many Grand Slams to come!

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Wawrinka... Indeed u r deserved
    Last edited by Kaarthickb; 26th January 2014 at 06:12 PM.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    By some coincidence or design, this is the second Aus Open final in three years that I missed (only partly this time) because of a film. In 2012, I had been called to watch Agneepath by college friends and couldn't refuse but deeply regretted watching the terrible film even as I found out what was going on in Melbourne. This time, I missed the meat - most of the first two sets - by the time I got back from a matinee show of The Wolf of Wall Street. But no regrets this time, had badly wanted to watch the film, really enjoyed it and was more worthwhile than a match that was sadly not a full on contest. Nice to see Wawrinka win, any non-big four player winning is a pleasant surprise. Hopefully he can also add either of Wimb or US Open this year in a hard fought contest instead of today. Nadal will have to wait a bit longer to equalise with Sampras.

P.S: The one that I didn't miss - 2013 - was strangely enough pretty boring and monotonous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...just wow....Never expected this. Gave this a miss and hit the bed early thinking the writing was on the wall. Now I have to watch the replay... Wawrinka....
    “You never fail until you stop trying.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagadevan View Post
    Congratulations to Stan Wawrinka!! Hope this is the first of many Grand Slams to come!
    +1. Congratulations Wawrinka! Excellent match and the way he used his weapons against Nadal was right on target.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Very happy for Stan the Man!! You deserved it for the complete game you have. Way to go as he breaks into the top 3.
    Didn't watch the match but as the media plays out it looks like the same old "No one beats a healthy Nadal"

Can't tell if his injury was genuine, but he had made it tough on himself doing it so many times in his career (taking MTO when down) that majority sees it just as a cheap tactic. Crowd booing was a bit too much which would have shattered Nadal for sure!! The mystery continues!!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wawrinka . Well done deserved. Beating No 2 & No 1 deserves a grandslam. It's going to be an exciting year in the Men's Circuit in 2014.