Thread: || I| Shankar | Vikram ||

Threaded View

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, there are 'many' things addressed in music wrt language and culture. As you have pointed out Hindi to Arabic languages, I will stick to it without bringing the variation of scales and instrumentals used.

A language is nothing but the tone."Different tonal preferences apparent in music are closely related to the differences in the tonal characteristics of voiced speech" - a music research has proved it taking samples from both Western & Eastern music. It goes further stating that Music is influenced by the culture and language and differs a lot.

Now what is this tone-language - A tone is the usage of pitch. Any language when spoken becomes a music by itself applying efficient pitch in the vocals. In music the pitch is an essential part of the meaning of some words, giving us the ability to distinguish between music using the language alone.

So, I don't know from where you had taken up "Hindi doesnt have anything unique on its own" - please elaborate, so that I can learn also.

And Sunil is a creator, if he express something, feel free to ask an explanation, he will certainly give more than you have asked for, he has done that in the past and I am sure he will carry on doing it. Thanks.
    Last edited by mappi; 16th September 2014 at 03:29 PM.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

2. Thanks Sunil_M88 thanked for this post
    Likes Sunil_M88 liked this post