Thread: Velan's Cuisine Extraordinaire

Threaded View

Senior Member Senior Hubber mexicomeat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    my rasam recipe - sorry no pictures, only recipe.

1. wash, rinse a handful of toordal and masoor dal, cook and keep aside
    2. dry roast pepper seeds, coriander seeds and cumin seeds. make a powder of it and keep aside
    3. take a vessel, add oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, round chilli (2 numbers), 8-10 cloves of crushed garlic
    4. saute for a while, add curry leaves ; cut the stalk of curry leaves into half and add it to the oil and saute
    5. add one whole tomato cut into 8 pieces (you don't have to finely chop) and add a bit of salt
    6. add 2 spoons of your favourite rasam powder - i have tried several brands and i recommend 777 brand or sakthi brand. If you cannot get this, then as the second option, go for grb brand or nirapara or double horse or priya. i don't like mtr rasam powder and i wouldn't recommend it.
    7. by now, the tomato would start to shed the skin - add a nice dollop of tamarind paste followed by a generous amount of water
    8. add a spoon of spice from step #2 and add two spoons of dhal from step #1
    9. you can add more dhal, pepper powder, spice from step #2 and salt to suit the consistency and your taste
    10. stop rasam immediately after it comes to a boil. don't over cook.

you can now discard the curry leaf stalk and add coriander leaves to the rasam. enjoy.
    Last edited by mexicomeat; 10th March 2015 at 04:34 PM.
    இலக்கியத்தில் நான் வண்ண தமிழ் மழலைக்கு பாலூட்டும் தாய்
    சினிமாவில் விட்டெரியும் காசுக்கு வாலாட்டும் நாய்

-Vaali

2. Likes NOV, mappi liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement