Thread: Maestro Ilayaraja News and Tidbits 2014

Threaded View

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am still hoping that Raja and Rahman would collaborate on an international album - musical film, symphony or joint performance. All great composers have collaborated and released hit albums internationally. Their collaboration may not happen in Tamil films, given the current mediocrity of new MDs/ Directors and hopeless musical albums which we hear. To top it all, we have our Tamil film distributors who went on a begging strike to get refund for their investment losses from Rajini. I am shocked that Rajini refunded 10 crores to these crooked distributors on a humanitarian basis. Couldn't Rajini donate a part of his Rupees 10 Crores to KM Music School, setting up a Film Academy, fund few small budget films with good story lines/ casting for upcoming directors, and several other good causes?

http://www.thehindu.com/features/met...cle7040418.ece

It’s well-known that you played for Ilaiyaraaja before branching out individually. Are you still in touch with him?

The last I met him was at a music function. See, when I’m abroad, I bump into other composers all the time — at screenings or events. It’s unfortunate that Chennai isn’t that much of a social place for me; I’m usually caught up in my own work. And then, there’s family, the school… there’s not much social time. We have the respect in our hearts.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement