Page 8 of 177 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Tamil Cinema Box Office

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    That was not over confidence ..fact. Again when it comes to box office "avanga" doesnt sound good .

Oruthar box office la vera level. Untouchable. Even his latest disasters had grand openings. Other one needs high profile movie for the openings chinna pasanga have been having for last so many years. It is as simple as that. Personally I dont like the vera level box office hero but I cannot deny the facts right.
    இத தான் நானும் சொன்னேன். அட்மின் எதுக்கு deleted வித் வார்நிங்க்னு தெரில்ல..

2. Likes VinodKumar's liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    மாதவி and பிந்து மாதவி both act with their eyes.. so well.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VinodKumar's View Post
    That was not over confidence ..fact. Again when it comes to box office "avanga" doesnt sound good .

Oruthar box office la vera level. Untouchable. Even his latest disasters had grand openings. Other one needs high profile movie for the openings chinna pasanga have been having for last so many years. It is as simple as that. Personally I dont like the vera level box office hero but I cannot deny the facts right.
    Neenga Yaara solla vareenga...All of Recent Shankar's Movies have been in the 100 C Elite club..Enthiran, Shivaji and I...Naduvula onnu mattum Missing...

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer View Post
    Neenga Yaara solla vareenga...All of Recent Shankar's Movies have been in the 100 C Elite club..Enthiran, Shivaji and I...Naduvula onnu mattum Missing...
    He's talking about Kamal ! Somebody who can give a box office win simply changing the genre of his movies at his own disposal. He doesnt choose to and tries to provide some content thats all. Even Vijay will be embarassed to be compared with him .. Only our Vinod doesnt realize it, what to say ..
    Last edited by bill4u; 18th June 2015 at 12:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinod,

this is what I'm trying to say .. both Kamal and Rajini have been around a lot longer than Vijay, seen it all, and still much in demand by the audience. And FYI, Kamal has seen way too many box office victories during his 30's and 40's in comparison. Have you forgotten his 80's era ?

Vijay might have a good opening now but what about 5 yrs. from now or lets say when he's 50+ ? Would he be able to sustain people's interest at the same level esp. with the same genre types that he's doing now ? Even SS is having issues and trying to adapt .. Dont know what happens tomorrow. Yet to be seen if Vijay can continue sustain.

Just a few years ago he was constantly giving flops .. he was so down that SAC was back in picture to lift him up by trying to remake SS movie. Somebody like SivaKarthikeyan suddenly came from nowhere and could be someone to contend with! Better to be level headed and not over confident.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post
    Vinod,

this is what I'm trying to say .. both Kamal and Rajini have been around a lot longer than Vijay, seen it all, and still much in demand by the audience. And FYI, Kamal has seen way too many box office victories during his 30's and 40's in comparison. Have you forgotten his 80's era ?

Vijay might have a good opening now but what about 5 yrs. from now or lets say when he's 50+ ? Would he be able to sustain people's interest at the same level esp. with the same genre types that he's doing now ? Even SS is having issues and trying to adapt .. Dont know what happens tomorrow. Yet to be seen if Vijay can continue sustain.

Just a few years ago he was constantly giving flops .. he was so down that SAC was back in picture to lift him up by trying to remake SS movie. Somebody like SivaKarthikeyan suddenly came from nowhere and could be someone to contend with! Better to be level headed and not over confident.
    Wen is it happened..?aft he went out of picture good things started for vijay...vinod bro leave this topic...no comparison plz...vijay is in untouchable position wen comes to boxoffice colection and pre business among current generation...v will be happy with it...

Junior Member Devoted Hubber pushpak's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just because some one has grand stardom, it is not fair to expect grand opening if the movie is not a commercial one.
    Any star for that matter, if keeps taking classic movies without typical commercial elements, the opening will not be comparable to mass movies.
    Best of luck - dear Tamil Film Industry ! ! !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bill4u View Post

. Somebody like SivaKarthikeyan suddenly came from nowhere and could be someone to contend with! Better to be level headed and not over confident.
    Billu4 ,

Neenga sollurathu eppadi irukuna oruthan 3 padam hit kudutha vijay ku contender 6 padam hit kudutha kamaluku contender Mari iruku ...appuram unga wiki linkukum first page la irukira linkkum y difference nu dig pannigala

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GSV View Post
    Bill4u,
    Yes for ur last line.. As Nov himself said, he seems to be satisfied with wiki list.. Hence he quoted here.. Just with my hub experience.. He likes surya, ajith than Vijay.. To me it s agenda driven...
    Die hard surya fan aavar ... vijay list layei illa

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    When a Star like proven the power of BO pulling, no one ready to accept that. But Sivakarthigeyan oru 3 padam koduthathum they see him as a BO puller. I see double standard here only.

I am not surprised with Wiki link, as I can even show Sura collection more than Avengers, or Alwar as more than Avatar. And Suddenly we know why that link got shared here as well. even a dud like "Massu" was taken to peak by because of "you-know-who"

Page 8 of 177 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast