Thread: Chevalier Dr. Kamal Haasanin Mayyam - Part 9

Threaded View

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    shwas:

already Kamal and co paid Lingusamy, Mysskin and GVM (borrowing huge amounts from Barrie Osborne) - for the following:

http://www.thehindu.com/features/met...cle4784424.ece

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper...cle3022515.ece

"...Nayakan is my all time favourite film. It’s a film that actually inspired me to become a filmmaker. I was stunned by the way it was made, the performances, music, cinematography… all that. Yes, they did say that it was inspired by The Godfather, especially, the killing of the rival gang leaders when the funeral is taking place. I have seen The Godfather also, but I think this was a brilliant film in all departments. Thevar Magan was a pleasant surprise. Because till then I had only seen Kamal as an actor. I was studying in college when Thevar Magan was released. When I went for the first day, first show and saw that the story and screenplay was by Kamal Haasan it was a surprise. It totally moved me the way it was made and put together. It was in one way a beautiful adaptation of the theme from The Godfather but it was brilliantly handled - the whole village element and this yuppie guy who comes to the village and wants to get back but is not able to and is sucked into the vortex of what goes on there..."
    It does not mean anything to me. I have my own so called intelligence to find out the quality of the movie. Devar Magan is mediocre because of mediocre acting iperformances by the cast, mediocre because of the dialogues, mediocre because of the screenplay, mediocre because of the BGM, mediocre because of capturing the nuances of the community. Probably the most overrated movie of all time.

2. Likes PARAMASHIVAN, Russellvzp liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement