Thread: Political correctness - rabble rousing - current affairs..

Hybrid View

Member Regular Hubber lord_labakudoss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raagadevan:
    "the extreme manifestations of intolerance started after Modi became the Prime Minister."
    LL:
    'My problem is with "started after Modi" part.

I don't know how you think one kind of intolerance is worse than the other...'

AjithFederer:
    "I am surprised that you don't see this as intolerance."

I should be the one throwing up his hands in the air in frustration! Did I say anywhere that this is NOT intolerance?

Every country needs to find the balance between "Not hurting sensibilities" & "Freedom of speech". India leans towards the 1st one.
    India has a long track record of censorship (Freedom at midnight, Satanic Verses, Shivaji's biography, MF Hussain's paintings, Last Temptation, DaVinci Code)
    and suppression of basic rights of expression are very prevalent.

The law and order track record in India has always been dicy.

Once again, I am NOT TALKING about political parties and leaders. I am talking about the media and intellectual commentators - It is a sin to keep silence when "your side" guys indulge in these crimes and atrocities just because they are "your side".

Second, just for the sake of elections, dont be ready to sell your country out in the international arena. If you take the law and order situation out, India is a model for every other country in the world for diversity of thought & belief systems.
    There is not just "TOLERANCE", but active interaction with multiple systems that has been integral to our civilization.

Regards,
    LL

2. Thanks irir123 thanked for this post
    Likes irir123 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement