Thread: Political correctness - rabble rousing - current affairs..

Hybrid View

Member Regular Hubber lord_labakudoss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raagadevan View Post
    Wife suggested moving out of India: Aamir on intolerance

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nationa...?homepage=true

“As an individual, as part of this country as a citizen, we read in the papers what is happening, we see it on the news and certainly, I have been alarmed. I can’t deny. I have been alarmed by a number of incidents,” he said while speaking here at the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards.

The actor said he also felt that the sense of insecurity and fear had been growing in the past six or eight months.

“When I chat with Kiran [Kiran Rao] at home, she says ‘Should we move out of India?’ That’s a disastrous and big statement for Kiran to make. She fears for her child. She fears about what the atmosphere around us will be. She feels scared to open the newspapers every day.

LL: This is the "point" I am trying to make here. If a person like Aamir Khan and his wife feel insecure living in India because of the ongoing atrocities that I listed in my previous postings, imagine how an ordinary person who does not belong to the ruling party and/or the "majority" religion feels in the "democratic republic" of India!
    Did you read his full speech - he mentioned newspapers and TV channels, not ANY FIRST_HAND EXPERIENCES - which is what I am trying to say.
    I remember in one of his programs, he showcased an instance of Kashmiri muslims protecting a Kshmiri Pandit family; Maybe, he needs to do some research about such instances of tolerances all over India!

It is funny that we are constantly warned not to stereotype an entire religion because of some acts; but here every newspaper/TV channel is stereotyping an entire country because of some speeches. (YES - Aamir implied he would not feel safe ANYWHERE IN INDIA, which means he tarred the entire country with that insinuation).
    Regards,
    LL

2. Thanks irir123 thanked for this post
    Likes irir123 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement