Òýɨ¸ :

þó¾ò ¾¢Ã¢Â¢ý §¿¡ì¸õ §ÅÚ §À¡ø Àθ¢ÈÐ; þÐ ¿õÁ¼ Á¢ø¼ý þøÄ ;
    º¢Ä ¸¡Ã½ò¾¢ü¸¡¸ ¾Á¢Æ¢ø ±Øи¢§Èý.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe (@ 66-2*) on: Tue Dec 2 15:58:52 EST 2003

Anyone had problems with carrying a personal Laptop or video camera?

Post Thanks / Like

... (@ 117-*) on: Wed Dec 3 02:08:01 EST 2003

I don't understand this... we boast so much about our culture, our traditions, our family ties, our religion... shouldn't people who abide by all these also be honest people with integrity? then why is that india is labelled as one of the most corrupt countries while, in contradiction, is also one of the most "cultured" countries...

the reason i'm discussing this is because the airport is the first place u step into when u reach india... the moment the plane touches the ground, u are all excited about reaching home, happy that u are gonna see your family again... u are all overwhelmed that u have set foot on homeground again... but in a few seconds... all your hopes and excitement are shattered by the way u are treated in the airport, by the airport personnels.... i say, we should conduct some serious soul-searching sessions for people working there!

Post Thanks / Like

robert (@ fw05*) on: Mon Dec 8 10:10:32 EST 2003

My friend went last month with a video camera, thats the only electronics item he had. The guys harassed him so much in the airport that, they say that they have an internatioal market value of Rs.50,000/- for the video camera. Though he had the receipt, that has no value. They said its 40%. So finally he had to pay 140 dollars.

Post Thanks / Like

Joe (@ 66-2*) on: Mon Dec 8 12:59:10 EST 2003

Thanks Rob. This is the best example.

See this link: http://www.indolink.com/Consulate/dutyFree.html

It clearly says that one video camera (as personal item) can be taken with the passenger duty free.

But at the airport this is ambiguous.

Why he had to pay $140???? (You can buy a camera for ~$250).

In addition to that there was the usual harassments!

Post Thanks / Like

Joe (@ 66-2*) on: Mon Dec 8 15:20:18 EST 2003

Also see this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circular No. 12/2000
    Dated 18/02/2000
    Government of India
    Subject: Baggage Rules - Tourist baggage – no endorsement of imports of personal effects on tourists’ passports

The provision of TBRE was abolished in 1994 and the Baggage Rules were liberalized to facilitate the clearance of baggage of visiting tourists. In terms of Rule 7 of the Baggage Rules, 1998 read with Appendix E, tourists are allowed to bring their personal effects and travel souvenirs subject to certain conditions. For the sake of uniformity in defining personal effects, the Board had issued a circular vide F.No.520/136/92-Cus. VI dated 4.9.98 (copy enclosed).

2. Reports have, however, been received that the passports are being endorsed by the Customs authorities, apparently on the request of passengers. It is stated that this practice is totally incorrect and there is no provision in the Baggage Rules to endorse Passports, which is a valuable legal document.

3. It may kindly be ensured that all genuine tourists are allowed to bring in their personal effects without endorsement on the passports and without payment of duty, subject to the terms and conditions prescribed in the Baggage rules, 1998.

Post Thanks / Like

sbhattcharjee (@ 203.*) on: Tue Dec 16 02:26:06 EST 2003

would anybody tell me the duties i have to pay for a video camera worth Rs 35,000/- equivalent, if i buy it from singapore.

Post Thanks / Like

Indian custom officers are millionaires (@ 61.3*) on: Mon De

In India, custom officers are most corrupted. They are indulged in complete business of smuggling in and out . for that one has to pay hefty amount. Whereas normal passenger will be treated as a big criminal, and you will have to share your goodies with custom officers with your shopping. Say a shoe , or saree or a dress or a camera or whatever you have to give to come out even if you are falling under the customs carry limit. It is bad habit of these Ba$tard custom officers to harass normal passenger who are Indians for their benefit. or else you pay some amount as bribe.

But smugglers go out by paying 50000 Rs with pre arrangement of day and flight. The scene in madras is worst where custom officer pays few lakhs to come on posting and he inturn enetertains 100 such carriers and make 50000 * 100 = 5 million rupees a day which is distributed among the officers stationed on duty.

These officers are shameless, eating public salary and harassing public and making money out of smuggling. Many custom officers have foreign accounts and it is easy for them to move out those illegally generated wealth out of country in suitcases easily or directly asking the smuggler to deposit bribe amount in their foreign account

Post Thanks / Like

Veeru (@ wc09*) on: Thu Jan 8 23:11:54

I have been to India three times so far.all three times i have to pay bribe to custom officers.Ist time i was having a cordless phone.2nd time i was with camcorder and third time they steel my bag.By chance i saw from the incoming belt door two persons were found with my bag with there hands in bag searching for things.When i raised alarm the throw the bag and disapear.When i search the bag at home(as i was scared at airport) my digital camera was gone.
    When i was coming back again the custom men asked so many questions and threaten me if i was taking four bags with me.We were three persons including my wife and brother-in-law.I explain them that we are three persons and moreover my brother in law was going first time to canada after getting immigration.

Post Thanks / Like

BeBold (@ 213.*) on: Tue Jan 13 23:45:39 EST 2004

After a hard win vacation; The excitement of seeing the near and dear ones, the "Man Vasanai", the smell of green fields, the sound of mountain streams and falls, with the feeling of "I AM PART OF THIS"...... only through the "HELL GATE - The Indian Customs"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast