View Poll Results: If Society Didn't Have Any Problem With People Living Together Before Marriege, and Parents Didn't O

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd probably Still End Up Getting Married.

9 64.29%
  • I'll Consider Living With Someone Before Marriage For Sure....But I'm Not Sure If I'll Go All The Way Since It's New To Us...(This is given that future generations won't have a prob living together)

1 7.14%
  • Even Now, I don't Care What Society Things. Society Won't Be Something That I Consider If I Meet Someone I Want To Live With....

3 21.43%
  • If society didn't interfere in my life, then I'd rather live with someone I liked than marriage

1 7.14%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Marriage.....

Senior Member Diamond Hubber selvakumar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguine Sridhar
    Everything looks good till you go closer KM! If you dig the personals of bachelors you might loose the fame or name of them! Anyways! Lets forget this! The above said details are my views!
    Ponnu Vellai tholah? illai Karuppu tholah?
    RE: Aennn.. Puli tholu..

Use short words, short sentences and short paragraphs. Never use jargon words like reconceptualize, demassification, attitudinally, judgmentally. They are hallmarks of a pretentious ass. - David Ogilvy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SS
    5 Ponna kalyanam pannittu,6 ponna divorce pannittu 8 ponnoda vazhuradhu oru vaazhkaya? There should be some difference between Dogs,Pigs and Humans!
    Do u really think that the only way for us to differenciate us from animals is by signing a document?

Quote Originally Posted by SS
    Marriage gives you security,happiness,relations,enjoyment,sadness etc., Idhu thaaney vaazhkai!
    Agreed taht Security, happiness, relations, enjoyment and sadness is what makes a person's life. But since when is all of this only attainable through marriage? (Not saying that it isn't, I'm not 70+ ) But just curious...how are all these things only attainable in marriage?

Living together system is not possible in India
    I beg to differ...:P Maybe not in TN, because TN is a faily conservative State (Or atleast pretends to be), and as long as u have bored housewives gossiping about other ppls business, it proly isn't gonna happen, but it is easily possible in otherparts of the nation.
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Senior Hubber temporary sori-Observer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shalushalu
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    Wish you good luck, shalushalu!
    The topic under discussion is whether the ritual of marriage is necessary or not. Support for 'living together trend' is being canvassed here!
    Ha Ha Ha ...
    Shalu,
    Ennaga ithu! Tamizh pada villain maathiri bayankaramaa sirikkiReenga!
    Ethu nadakkumO athu nanRaagavE nadakkum.

Member Junior Hubber shalushalu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by temporary sori-Observer
    Quote Originally Posted by shalushalu
    Quote Originally Posted by pavalamani pragasam
    Wish you good luck, shalushalu!
    The topic under discussion is whether the ritual of marriage is necessary or not. Support for 'living together trend' is being canvassed here!
    Ha Ha Ha ...
    Shalu,
    Ennaga ithu! Tamizh pada villain maathiri bayankaramaa sirikkiReenga!
    Aama Temporary Sori-Observer .... apadi patta siripu thaan varathu .... enna seiya ??? Irunthaalam, ungal avatar siripu maathiri cute-a illaiye ....

ShaktiPrabha .... I loved the way u said a few things despite not agreeing with all. Nice.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Lambretta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to put my 2 cents here altho not sure how agreeable it sounds.....
    Marriage in our society was originally devised as not just a mere uniting of 2 individuals but also 2 families...also the purpose of marriage of 2 individuals was intended not to promote their own desires for physical relationship but to care for the upline family (of the husband) & promote progeny of said family.
    The relation between a husband & wife was meant to be sumthing like a team tat was dedicated to tend to the family needs more than their own. Duties/responsibilities played more a role than personal desires (wich I'm not against either!)
    It was for this reason tat arranged marriages wer preferred in our society & love-marriages wer looked down upon as the latter wer thot of as selfish individual desires w/ no responsibilites/care for the rest of the family, besides feared to bring complications among each others' families.
    But eventually w/ mostly men straying away from the value system & seeing marriage as mostly a means to permanant physical satisfaction & more recnetly w/ the increase of nuclear family concepts, the purpose of marriage narrowed down to jus seeking a partner for nearly lifelong physical bliss (wich is also mainly y sexual satisfaction has become such a major concern for ppl. to be married!) w/ having children becoming a little more than a by-product or coincidence of the relationship!
    I guess w/ the purpose behind marriage thinning out gradually, the idea of marriage is becoming questionable nowadays....

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thx shalu

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lambretta,

Truth is there in ur argument. QUITE a lot infact.

Yet, however SELFISH or whatever be the motive, MARRIAGE keeps the society goign on in a decent way. Thats the ONLY WAY To prevent MULTIPLE relationships.

It becomes............ worse without one such system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    Lambretta,

Truth is there in ur argument. QUITE a lot infact.

Yet, however SELFISH or whatever be the motive, MARRIAGE keeps the society goign on in a decent way. Thats the ONLY WAY To prevent MULTIPLE relationships.
    It becomes............ worse without one such system.
    Tks SP/KK akka,
    However, no I'm not against the institution of marriage, count me out of tat crowd! :P
    I was merely poiting out the basis of questioning the custom of marriage as of today......ie. to say these r the reasons tat led to the gradual 'shallowness' tat marriage is now being viewed w/.....
    IMO if today society, atleast in India, made one to undersatnd the depth in married life, it wudnt hav led to as much likelihood of debating/questioning the same!
    Uh, hope tat makes it sound clearer.... :P

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakthiprabha
    10 years back,

I WOULD HAVE SAID.............

whats wrong in live-in relationship?

8 years back

I WOULD HAVE SAID...............

hey marriage is crap. lets try living together and see if it works. if it does fine...... else..... just call it quits.

2 years back

I WOULD HAVE SAID......

marriage is not bad.......... but living in is........ i mean.............. its kinda okei too...... what big diff? .............. its society's way to tie or oblige ppl.........

but NOW............

I SAY...........

marriage.............. IS THE BEST THING.........

FOR

peaceful life
    fulfilling life
    enjoyable life
    meaningful life

WE ARE BLESSED TO HAVE SUCH SYSTEM IN OUR SOCIETY............

where we avoid too much heartbreak
    SP : btw u hv got the guts to be honest about wat u felt some years ago !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ramky
    SP : btw u hv got the guts to be honest about wat u felt some years ago !
    Yea tats very brave no doubt......but wats more amazing is tat she actually developed a POSITIVE view abt marriage NOW, rather than 10 yrs ago......wen it shud've normally been the OTHER WAY round w/ most in our society....
    Nevertheless, in tat case I guess shez lucky she already got married 10+ yrs ago, since wat she felt then REMAINED as only wat she felt then......

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast