Thread: A Companion Like No Other

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber AudazJay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    -7-

Half hours later, I was back at Rishi’s room. He was still lying on his bed, but this time I could hear him talking…but it’s hard to make out what he’s saying.

“Rishi boy,” I called out. I could see his body shudder. Slowly he turned around to look at me.

“What are you doing kanna? Mani 6 achi, yendira pa,” I told him softly.

He gave his cherubic smile again and sat up on the bed.

“Vaa, let’s go downstairs,” I just felt like getting out of this particular room.

He just shook his head. “Why? Ennachu?” I asked him.

“Avenge irupange,” he whispered with his head down.

“Yaaru?”

After a moment or two, came the reply. “Ma…”

“Amma irundhe yennada?” I tried to provoke him to talk more.
    “Rombe poi,” he looked up with the same glaring eyes he had just now. It’s weird to note how his facial expressions could change dramatically from one minute to another.

“Enna poi? Amma enna poi sonange boy?”

“Ellame poi pa. Avengele veliye anupidunge! Veliye po solunge pa!” he started.

Such remarks? And that too from a three years old boy? What is he saying? Gosh! My headache came back!

I still remember how proud I was when Rishi said his first words at the age of 8 months. By the age of 2 years, he could converse fluently in both Tamil and English. That amazed me. He amazed me. But looking at him now, I don’t know if I could believe me own ears. I thought I had a perfect family. Why does everything seem to be breaking apart now?

“Rishi, please kanna,” I started. “Appadi ellam pese kudhadhe. Amma poi sole mathange."

“Illai pa-"

“Amma poi sonnangene unaku epadi theriyum?” I asked, my voice harsher than intended.

“Nikhil,” he whispered.

“What?”

“Nikhil told me,” he replied softly.

“Nikhil told you?”
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement