View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    Director of Padithurai... are you listening? Please release!
    Aakarsh, sorry to blow your bubble. Padithurai is dropped. Suka announced it in his blog a few weeks back. (may be it was a talked in tamil, you may have not seen it).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    appadiyaa... enga local grocery storeley ella padam DVDs vandhudum, I have never seen this movie title in their shelf.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    genesis,

I had already posted a response to your post in BR's blog. For the record here is what I wrote.

"Honestly, you believe MSV’s prowess hadn’t declined by 1988? I am as big a fan of MSV’s music as anyone else but I have to accept that MSV in 1988 was not there in the picture at all in any language, musically or commercially. And it was not just because Raja dominated. If we check the number of movies that Shankar Ganesh did during those times, I am sure we will be surprised!!!"

Till around mid 80s I had debated with my friend and later room mate as to why MSV was greater than Raja. I was such a fan of MSV that I definitely did not want to concede an inch. I still remain a great fan of MSV but I am very convinced that by 1986 MSV was no more a factor to consider musically. I would say the same for K V Mahadevan in Telugu. His powers had also diminished. (And I did write two huge articles about KVM and his music for Solvanam.) So looking at it dispassionately, MSV's musical powers had definitely declined and by 1988 he was out of the field for sure. As I said, there were lot of movies which were done by people like Shankar Ganesh. So we cannot say Raja pushed MSV out. If it was so, Shankar Ganesh wouldn't have scored for so many movies.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    -deleted with warning-

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh - As a music lower I understand you hold MSV and KVM in high esteem. But most of the HCIR fans got offended because "IR HAS BEEN COMPARED TO MSV" - That's blasphemy to them. And they issued an immediate fatwa against the poor writer(BR). Many of HCIR fans do think MSV is great, but he can not be compared with IR. If IR is god, they hold MSV and KVM as demi-gods, that's all!!
    Last edited by genesis; 21st June 2012 at 12:29 AM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    Suresh - As a music lower I understand you hold MSV and KVM in high esteem. But most of the HCIR fans got offended because "IR HAS BEEN COMPARED TO MSV" - That's blasphemy to them. And they issued an immediate fatwa against the poor writer(BR). Many of HCIR fans do think MSV is great, but he can not be compared with IR. If IR is god, they hold MSV and KVM as demi-gods, that's all!!
    nice twisting of facts..
    If someone compares Raaja to MSV or KVM - it is only a matter of pride for any IR fan - for they are geniuses who created mammoth songs like "Paattum naane" and "Malarndhum malaraadha" - now what ppl took objection to was when GVM turning to IR being compared to Mani turning to MSV and the comparative phases in their respective career - Mani while doing Agni * and GVM for NEPV (It is mani fans who should take offence for GVM to be likened to their idols). Because BR reckons that MSV was finished when Agni * was being done and he cleverly tries to imply the same with Raaja of present day. Broad painting stroke making every spot on the canvas drenched... Personally - I dont care if someone makes all these comparisons they want (-as everything is an opinion) - for what I gained from it was GVM's approach to working with IR - that is the takeaway - If the songs turn out to be worth the hype - then other directors have a nice tutorial on how to be prepared when engaging some one like Raaja otherwise - it is all about nothing.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    jaiganes,

I think BR's comparison is appropriate - If you say GVM is new Mani then IR is the new MSV. Yes, I understand IR is still active but MSV wasn't. But I do not think there was any one else to compare. It is not me, but HCIR fans who are twisting the comparison: they are adding totally different attribute into the equation to place IR higher. They do not openly say what I said above, but that's how I interpret it.

Suresh - I do not accept IR did leave some space for other MDs - Yes there was SG, but he was in the 'low-budget" fringe market. All big production houses, top heros, top directors, mid level heros and mid level directors were with IR. It is not true for ARR or anyone else.
    Last edited by genesis; 21st June 2012 at 01:35 AM.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    jaiganes,

I think BR's comparison is appropriate - If you say GVM is new Mani then IR is the new MSV. Yes, I understand IR is still active but MSV wasn't. But I do not think there was any one else to compare. It is not me, but HCIR fans who are twisting the comparison: they are adding totally different attribute into the equation to place IR higher. They do not openly say what I said above, but that's how I interpret it.

Suresh - I do not accept IR did leave some space for other MDs - Yes there was SG, but he was in the 'low-budget" fringe market. All big production houses, top heros, top directors, mid level heros and mid level directors were with IR. It is not true for ARR or anyone else.
    The comparison itself was twisted, no one has to be HC to say it. GM like directors have already has been using IR, his creative output in past 3,4 years is unparalleled in terms music to any current MDs or any senior MDs was in their extended careers.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    But I do not think there was any one else to compare. It is not me, but HCIR fans who are twisting the comparison: they are adding totally different attribute into the equation to place IR higher. They do not openly say what I said above, but that's how I interpret it.
    Comparison'E koodathunannen. That was my biggest concern. Leave them alone. If you still want to compare, compare correctly, that is my next concern. No one is twisting or under estimating anyone. As I repeated many times, just that article should have started with the interview and ended with that, no confusions. Unnecessary confusions/embarrasment caused.

Suresh - I do not accept IR did leave some space for other MDs -
    Why don't you credit IR for that. If he didn't leave space, that is his credit, but you have to create space even there. How did ARR create space for himself during 92 and further and pushed IR's chances?. Same way how did MSV-TKR created space for themselves pushing GR? No one will come to you automatically. Even coming to your point, by 1994/1995 (that was only few years away from late 80s) there was again so much space created, what can you say about it.
    Last edited by V_S; 21st June 2012 at 02:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    Comparison'E koodathunannen. That was my biggest concern. Leave them alone. If you still want to compare, compare correctly, that is my next concern. No one is twisting or under estimating anyone. As I repeated many times, just that article should have started with the interview and ended with that, no confusions. Unnecessary confusions/embarrasment caused.

Why don't you credit IR for that. If he didn't leave space, that is his credit, but you have to create space even there. How did ARR create space for himself during 92 and further and pushed IR's chances?. Same way how did MSV-TKR created space for themselves pushing GR? No one will come to you automatically. Even coming to your point, by 1994/1995 (that was only few years away from late 80s) there was again so much space created, what can you say about it.
    V_S,

I did state IR dominance in a positive way only (dominated with his quality and speed). I was just citing IR's dominance as the reason for MSV's exit.

"Even coming to your point, by 1994/1995 (that was only few years away from late 80s) there was again so much space created, what can you say about it."

I do not understand your statement above.