View Poll Results: Your most favourite song in the album is..?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ennodu vA vA endRu solla mAttEn

34 47.22%
  • sAindhu sAindhu nee pArkum pOdhu adadA

30 41.67%
  • kAtRai konjam niRkach chonnEn

34 47.22%
  • vAnam mella keezhiRangi maNNil vandhu aadudhE

33 45.83%
  • muthal muRai pArtha nyAbagam

43 59.72%
  • satRu munbu pArtha mEgam mARi pOga

38 52.78%
  • pudikkala mAmu padikkaRa college

21 29.17%
  • peNgaL endRAl poiyyA poi dhAnA

21 29.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 247 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Neethane En Ponvasantham | Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu | Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    genesis,
    One composer's dominance can never take another's exit. That's where we differ. If we go back in history, during 80s, there are around 100 films made every year (and it was only increasing). IR started with just 30-40 films during late 70s till 80s (but gradually increasing). Only during years 1984, 85, 86, 92, 93 he crossed over 50 films. Other years it was only above 40. Considering 100 films made, there are 50% (that's plenty) of space (films) available that time for other composers every year during that time. That's why even Suresh ji was citing Shankar-Ganesh/Deva were making more films. He didn't hold others from composing, just that he didn't deny any offers went his way. Even after 50% of films available to others, we only say 80s is Ilaiyaraaja's period (so, it's not only about the quantity), just because they were more popular than others. IR dominated agreed, but he didn't deny others to dominate and he was not the reason for MSV's exit. MSV's songs were not that popular even though he did more number of movies in 80s (till mid-80s) than in 70s (if you observed closely). So, only MSV sir and people's taste (even if it is good or bad) should be the reason for his exit, not Ilaiyaraaja's dominance. I just quoted 1994/95 only because of your space concern. Because from that period till date, the number of movies by Raja came down drastically. It created more space for others according to you for any composer to come including MSV sir.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber genesis's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's right V_S. MSV could have continued to work on "unimportant" Tamil movies and some Kannada / Malayalam movies, as IR chose to do. For some reason MSV did not. May be, after 25 years, the next generation fans may claim IR exited in 90s, because his influence through the 2000s has been very limited on larger audience. (Even though HCIR fans keep coming with list of movie names...some of these names not even known to the wider audience).

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    After honestly replying you, this is what I don't like about your posts. I wasted my time replying you.

Post Thanks / Like
    -Duplicate-
    Last edited by genesis; 21st June 2012 at 05:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    After honestly replying you, this is what I don't like about your posts. I wasted my time replying you.
    Well, I think we came back to the original issue (whether IR is the new MSV) and I told why I consider that way. And you disagree, that's natural.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    That's right V_S. MSV could have continued to work on "unimportant" Tamil movies and some Kannada / Malayalam movies, as IR chose to do. For some reason MSV did not. May be, after 25 years, the next generation fans may claim IR exited in 90s, because his influence through the 2000s has been very limited on larger audience. (Even though HCIR fans keep coming with list of movie names...some of these names not even known to the wider audience).
    wow - what a correlation genesis!!!
    Two things that worked in favour of Raaja continuing well after the supposed "de throning" that ottu moththa thamizh naattu music lovers did to him after August 16th 1992 was his health+discipline and his dogged and anachronistic attitude of gracefully helping anyone who thought their movie needed his music. MSV OTOH was not having age on his side or health - otherwise he could have well continued making music and reclaiming the throne on which Raaja was unjustifiedly occupying. idhu eppdi irukku?

also your response shows your simple ignorance of the facts that raaja has been doing other language movies all through - not just after unceremonious drubbing in the match up to "throne of thamizh film music king". For your kind info MSV also has done his fair share of telugu and malayalam movies . eyes seem to be stitched tight - surgery dhaan pannanum.
    Last edited by jaiganes; 21st June 2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: vidaadhu karuppu
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yov stop respomdimg to 80s vayitherichal parties. Appo kavignar oruthar vaanginma Appu innum avangaLa baadhichitturukku - andha mana bRAndhila innum uLarikittrukkanga. Idhukku bheesmaru, dhronarlAm edhukku mallu kattaRinga. Indha uththara kumarargaL thangaL shadow pArththE bayappaduvArgaL. Leave them in their misery of decades and ARAdha vadukkaL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hypocritesa hypocritenu sonnA warningA? Ipditta foruthula post pandradhai va ban AgaRadhE nEl. How is it that gormless, agenda base illogical, venting posts by vested interests are allowed? Pongayya ningalum unga forumum!

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by layman10 View Post
    Aakarsh, sorry to blow your bubble. Padithurai is dropped. Suka announced it in his blog a few weeks back. (may be it was a talked in tamil, you may have not seen it).
    My reactions!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    My reactions!

We need another movie by Manivannan (who used to buy gems of songs from such "in cans" movies)!