PDA

View Full Version : Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

vel
6th September 2010, 12:17 PM
listened to ola kudisayila (full bhavadharini version) from tirunelveli - enjoyed her handling the song's cheerful mood in such a nice way.

tvsankar
7th September 2010, 11:50 AM
Vijaykanth songs

1. Azhagiya Nadhiyena

Rajini ku aduthu, Vijaykanth songs il irukum - IR;s Flow.......... Great.

Chorus - Its the Beauty of this Song.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00469&lang=en

2. kannukullae thookam pochu - SJ

Excellent Flute Notes.........

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00652&lang=en

3 Ithudhan - pulanvisaranai - IR

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00521&lang=en

raagas
7th September 2010, 02:33 PM
I am listening to the song "Kaatula Thala" from "Solla Marantha Kathai". Thoroughly enjoyable! Although the other song "Gundumalli" has been a favourite of mine since long time (Shreya Ghoshal sounds beautiful in this song), this "Kaatu Thala" is a new discovery for me. Wonderful song that borders on folk and melody.The song is just like Ilaiyaraaja's plethora of 80s songs. Those interludes and arrangements are his 80s style personified. Nice chords and beautiful bass guitar that doesnt come to the forefront, to retain the folksy (village-ish feel) element of the song. Seems like Naattai scale.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00607&lang=en

Wonderful composition!

thriinone
7th September 2010, 02:59 PM
சுவைபட பல பாடல்கள் பகிரும் அனைத்து இசை நெஞ்சங்களுக்கும் கோடான கோடி நன்றி.

Sureshs65
7th September 2010, 04:05 PM
ragaas,

'Solla Marantha Kadhai' did not garner as much attention as it should have. 'Gundu Malli, Gundu Malli' is a lovely song. Harish Raghavendar and Shreya do a lovely job. Those were the days when Shreya's Tamil diction still left a lot to be desired but her singing is top notch. 'edho unna nenachen' is also a very nice number sung well by Karthik and Bhava. 'kathula talayatura' has been a personal favourite since I heard it the first time. Sung by Vidhu Pratap. I think he is a Malayalam singer. Haven't heard him much in Tamil movies. I also love 'amma sonna' very much with both Raja and Vijay Jesudas doing a very nice job. And I have atleast written two or three times about how 'Jakkamma' showcases the genius that is Raja. No one has done a drunkard song better in Indian Film Music !!! All in all, an excellent album.

app_engine
9th September 2010, 07:57 AM
ஆகாய கங்கை (தர்ம யுத்தம், மலேசியா வாசுதேவன், ஜானகி, ரஜினி, ஸ்ரீதேவி, ஆர்.சி.சக்தி இயக்கத்தில்)

My four year old instantly liked the humming in the beginning and forced multiple repeats of that portion on youtube:-) Also the smoothie gimmick with specs by Rajini - nicely synchronizing with the harmonium kuzhaiyal - had multiple repeat viewings!

What a song!

AravindMano
9th September 2010, 11:01 AM
Raja gaaru paattalu koncham ;)

- priyA priyatamA rAgAlu (Killer) (Guitars :thumbsup:)
- mila mila nadusinA thArA (NirNayam) (Cool song!)
- oh prEmA (AswamEdham) (With due respects Asha ji :sigh2: )
- sumam sumam (Maharishi?) (Whatay! :notworthy:)
- kanyA kumAri (Bobbili Raja) (As 'drunk' as it can get!)
- subalEkhA rAsukkunnA (some dhonga) (amazing recording quality!)
- mounamEla nOyi (SAgara sangamam) (Totally :notworthy:)

Plum
9th September 2010, 11:04 AM
some donga = konda veeti donga

sumam sumam is sumam prathi sumam sumam - a cut above even the exclusively awesome list you have posted above. What ye song!

AravindMano
9th September 2010, 11:07 AM
sumam sumam is sumam prathi sumam sumam - a cut above even the exclusively awesome list you have posted above. What ye song!

:exactly:

raagas
9th September 2010, 01:59 PM

I always felt & still feel that Asha Bhonsle was a wrong choice for THIS particular song. I mean, it was not a Magnum Opus composition or something like that, which demanded her. OTOH, there are many songs where I feel she would have been apt (voice-wise, I cant talk about diction since I dont know tamil).

AravindMano
9th September 2010, 03:04 PM

I always felt & still feel that Asha Bhonsle was a wrong choice for THIS particular song.

Yeah, I meant the same. It could be because of her diction. Too many words and too rushed the flow is.

thumburu
9th September 2010, 05:25 PM
Hi Usha, how could you forget the best song "thoranam aadidum medaiyil" from VO? Innovative beats and enchanting flute and jalatharangam with Janaki's youthful voice. TMS is the dhrushti parikaaram , mookaala paadindu. VO falls under the "anti social" [ Ubayam OISG] movie category of Shivaji Ganesan :))

incidentally was looping through TMS singing for Ilaiyaraaja in thiraipaadal.
Couldnt come out of Vetrikku oruvan - best of the combo - all hyper imaginative songs. pity that the movie was an unbearable mess.

Indha padathuku IR oda MUsic and BGMS - padam parkavae mudiyavilali.

indha madhiri padathuku - super a music pannum
IR ai enna nu solradhu................

Yar mamano - SJ - Singing style........... Excellent...
Guitar ai gavanichu, adhoda potti poduvanga....... i feel like tat........

Guitar and SJ - Gavanichu , paatai keatal - Really Sweeeeeet......

2. Muthamizh Charamae - SPS and TMS

Beautiful Interludes........ Nice ... Nice.. NIce.............

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBOLD01265&lang=en

thumburu
9th September 2010, 05:39 PM
Only their opening line "sandham" is similar. Poomaalai is Kaanada raagam whereas then aruviyil is a raagamaalika comprising of Bhimplaas and Bhageshri

heard this song in a scene from aan paavam. (not so great movie, but the scene is good)

then aruviyil nanaithidum malaro...

melody reminds me of poomalai vangi vanthan

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VBHVAVM0

thumburu
9th September 2010, 06:26 PM
I am listening to the song "Kaatula Thala" from "Solla Marantha Kathai". Thoroughly enjoyable! Although the other song "Gundumalli" has been a favourite of mine since long time (Shreya Ghoshal sounds beautiful in this song), this "Kaatu Thala" is a new discovery for me. Wonderful song that borders on folk and melody.The song is just like Ilaiyaraaja's plethora of 80s songs. Those interludes and arrangements are his 80s style personified. Nice chords and beautiful bass guitar that doesnt come to the forefront, to retain the folksy (village-ish feel) element of the song. Seems like Naattai scale.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00607&lang=en

Wonderful composition!
"Kaattula thalai aattura" could be Thilang scale

tvsankar
9th September 2010, 06:32 PM
thumburu,

Thoranam adidum
Yes. TMS - weight a paadi, patoda softness disturb achu.

app_engine
9th September 2010, 07:25 PM
Thoranam adidum

I love the 'doiinngg-do-doiinngg' sound in this song (jaladharangam? I thought it was some kind of synth)

We used to make fun of this song for the line that goes as 'பேத்தி கொஞ்ச வேண்டும் என்று அத்தை எந்தன் காதில் சொன்னாள்' (பாட்டி எப்படி அத்தை ஆனாள்?)

Plum
9th September 2010, 07:46 PM
App, daughter-in-law's athai is the mother-in-law who wants a grand daughter. Sounds quite logical to me? :roll:

Sureshs65
9th September 2010, 09:14 PM
Aravind,

ippudu meeru hero car-A? :)

Have you listened to Gayam-2 yet? 'andaala lokam', 'endhukamma prema', 'kalagane kannulo' rock big time.

app_engine
9th September 2010, 10:39 PM
App, daughter-in-law's athai is the mother-in-law who wants a grand daughter. Sounds quite logical to me? :roll:

I don't know the movie situation - but if one compares this to the line sung by male voice, there's a "relationship mismatch" issue, I think :-)

app_engine
9th September 2010, 10:58 PM

I don't know the movie situation - but if one compares this to the line sung by male voice, there's a "relationship mismatch" issue, I think :-)

OK, I checked the lyric at dhool - it seems to be fine (appA & aththai). During childhood, I probably heard it as thAththA and aththai...my problem :oops:

ajithfederer
10th September 2010, 03:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HnX4GTScTA

Plum - One among the right persons to open this thread with a good title :clap:.

prashanth12
11th September 2010, 02:36 PM
Vaan Megam. Whenever I hear this, my mood becomes optimistic. Great song.

Somehow I like it much better than the other IR-Revathy-Rain Song, "O ho megam"

natha1729
12th September 2010, 01:52 AM
prashanth12, same thinking on the vaan megham song. while oh oh megam is very impressive, vaan megham is slower and deliberate in delivery.

MelHarmony
12th September 2010, 07:38 AM
HOLD ON FOR A MINUTE!!!

When I heard the news in 1999/00 I immediately thought that the reason for KH parting ways with LS was due to the nature of music composed for HR not suiting KH. As we all know KH is not a person to be settled something less than what he expects....similar to IR.
And then I justified with myself that the reason for KH telling that LS asked for an "astronomical sum" was a cover-up intended to protect LS's name. Imagine KH saying that "LS music was not in sync with the movie's overall appeal. Hence I went to IR". That would have been ridiculous on part of KH since LS was already a figure in world music.

The reason why I could imagine the above said reason for KH's coverup was twofold

1. that the fact that HR was a dream film for Kamal.
2. How could LS compose for an entire film without signing an agreement. This sounded ridiculous simply bcos LS was a much matured pro than Kamal in his own field. he had alreday travelled world over with his "violin".

What do you feel SURESH about my perspective on this NOOL?

raagas,

I guess you do not know the background here. The songs of the film were first composed by L Subramaniam. From what we were given to understand from the press statements, these songs were picturized. Towards the time when the film was getting ready to be released, there were serious differences between Kamalahasan and L Subramaniam regarding the compensation to be paid. Since LS thought that what KH was proposing as a compensation was ridiculous, he walked out of the film. Kamal then surrendered himself to Raja, asking him to provide the BGM and give the songs for the movie. He couldn't use the songs given by LS. So Raja now had to re-create the songs using the lyrics as well as the lip movements and the scenes that were actually shot. Yes, it was an almost impossible thing but according to all reports, this was how it was done. Going by this background, you can see what Raja had actually pulled off. Kamal did not have to re-shoot the songs. (It would have been almost impossible given that the songs had people like Rani Mukherjee and Shah Rukh, who were the busiest people in HF that time!!)

groucho070
13th September 2010, 11:52 AM
Inglis radio was preaching about environment, kadupaagi I switched to my IR mp3 collection.

First song, Isai Medaiyil

What a composition. Those days it was Eeramane Rojave that they kept spinning on radio. This beautiful song overshadowed. SPB :notworthy:

raagas
13th September 2010, 03:44 PM
HOLD ON FOR A MINUTE!!!

When I heard the news in 1999/00 I immediately thought that the reason for KH parting ways with LS was due to the nature of music composed for HR not suiting KH. As we all know KH is not a person to be settled something less than what he expects....similar to IR.
And then I justified with myself that the reason for KH telling that LS asked for an "astronomical sum" was a cover-up intended to protect LS's name. Imagine KH saying that "LS music was not in sync with the movie's overall appeal. Hence I went to IR". That would have been ridiculous on part of KH since LS was already a figure in world music.

The reason why I could imagine the above said reason for KH's coverup was twofold

1. that the fact that HR was a dream film for Kamal.
2. How could LS compose for an entire film without signing an agreement. This sounded ridiculous simply bcos LS was a much matured pro than Kamal in his own field. he had alreday travelled world over with his "violin".

What do you feel SURESH about my perspective on this NOOL?

raagas,

I guess you do not know the background here. The songs of the film were first composed by L Subramaniam. From what we were given to understand from the press statements, these songs were picturized. Towards the time when the film was getting ready to be released, there were serious differences between Kamalahasan and L Subramaniam regarding the compensation to be paid. Since LS thought that what KH was proposing as a compensation was ridiculous, he walked out of the film. Kamal then surrendered himself to Raja, asking him to provide the BGM and give the songs for the movie. He couldn't use the songs given by LS. So Raja now had to re-create the songs using the lyrics as well as the lip movements and the scenes that were actually shot. Yes, it was an almost impossible thing but according to all reports, this was how it was done. Going by this background, you can see what Raja had actually pulled off. Kamal did not have to re-shoot the songs. (It would have been almost impossible given that the songs had people like Rani Mukherjee and Shah Rukh, who were the busiest people in HF that time!!)

I dont know if your guess is right. But I too somehow thought (and still do) that Kamal's accusation of L.Subramaniam hiking up the price could not be true. And the reason why i think so is because I have been listening to L.Subramaniam's music since long time and have actively followed his career, his interviews, articles etc. I have seen him perform too many times and I even know few people who studied under LS and have spoken highly about not only his talent but also his personality. I somehow never bought Kamal's claim. There is something more to is, which we dont know.

raj_musing
15th September 2010, 12:24 AM
Tracing back to one of those hits from the glorious 70's,Here is a hit from the malayalam movie "Dooram Arike".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Izql00sIo

Lyrics by ONV and sung by by S janaki. This was raja's first score in Malayalam movie? I presume..

raj_musing
15th September 2010, 12:30 AM
A tharattu song from the movie "Mangalam Nerunnu". This was sung by Krishnachandran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdRpKebcWbA

K.Chandrans voice lack the depth and emotion required to handle this song. KJY or Jayachandran should have been a better fit here IMO.

raj_musing
15th September 2010, 12:39 AM
A song from the movie Anuragakottaram which was released in the year 1998. The pick of the album was "Chirichente Manisille" song which was there at the top of charts for many weeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-UrX5W2Zug

tvsankar
15th September 2010, 01:41 AM
Thanks for the youtubes.

All ilam poovo - Krishnachand's singing is very nice.

depth in expression - epodhum thevai ilai nu nenaikaren.....
simple vum irukalam dhanae..

KJY and Jayachandran padina - avanga padina madhiiri irukum. Tats all.

Krishnachand's bhavam is also nice to hear...

ellarum - KJY madhiryae padanama .. enna.....

tvsankar
15th September 2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks for Anuraga kotaram.

Nice song......

raj_musing
15th September 2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks for the youtubes.

All ilam poovo - Krishnachand's singing is very nice.

depth in expression - epodhum thevai ilai nu nenaikaren.....
simple vum irukalam dhanae..

KJY and Jayachandran padina - avanga padina madhiiri irukum. Tats all.

Krishnachand's bhavam is also nice to hear...

ellarum - KJY madhiryae padanama .. enna.....

Usha,

Krishna's voice looks strained for me here. I believe he did not have any nasal infection when singing that song :) Not all singers can be Jayachandran or KJJ,however the right choice of singers could make a lot of difference from the output perspective.

Sureshs65
15th September 2010, 10:34 AM
raj_musing,

I thought Raja's first Malayalam movie was a different one, not 'Dooram Arike'. Aaaagh. The name slips my mind and I can't google now. It is the movie which has 'poo vadigalil
. It was remake of 'Policekaran Magal'

Sureshs65
15th September 2010, 03:52 PM
Aaah. Finally googled and got the name. The movie I was referring to is Vyamoham.

raj_musing
15th September 2010, 08:03 PM
Suresh,

I didn't know that Vyamoham was released before this movie.Good that I know this now...
fantastic song indeed...I have never heard "Poovadikalil" before..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO0LyLMfrS4

tvsankar
15th September 2010, 10:58 PM
Undhanin Padal ennai engo kondu sella

Mano and Uma Ramanan

Raakayi kovil

Nice no........

After all Beats. idhu dhanae Raaja.......

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00540&lang=en

Plum
15th September 2010, 11:11 PM
I think vyamoham never got released

Sureshs65
16th September 2010, 12:02 AM
Plum,

I remember reading an interview of that director or producer. Somehow I got a feeling that 'Vyamoham' was released.

Anyway, this is a lovely song based mostly on Kalyani. It has a lot of North Indian touch. When the prelude starts I am reminded of some lovely Kalyanis that Roshan gave. Raja, as usual, puts his own stamp on it. Especially the sweeping violins. Janaki does a terrific job.

raj_musing
16th September 2010, 12:18 AM
Yes Now I got it....Exactly what I was searching for the past 1 hr!.. There was a movie called "Aaru MANIKOOR" released in Malayalam for which music was by Raja(This was a dubbed version).I don't think this movie saw light and hence Vyamoham became the first official hit as the movie got released later in 1978.
Aaaru manikoor song clippings are as below

http://www.malayalasangeetham.info/php/MovieDetails.php?mid=4515&encode=utf

raj_musing
16th September 2010, 12:30 AM
The link below where an interview with ilayaraja is highligted. Raja says that 6 manikoor had 3 songs which was never released....check the post by Crvenky.

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=879611

jaiganes
16th September 2010, 12:34 AM
I am pretty amused by "Kali konda chamundi" from Pachcha kuthira. MG Sreekumar singing a rock song is not the only oddly funny thing about this song.

raj_musing
16th September 2010, 11:09 AM
I am pretty amused by "Kali konda chamundi" from Pachcha kuthira. MG Sreekumar singing a rock song is not the only oddly funny thing about this song.

The movie did not have much scope for music and went unnoticed.... "Oru Thotta Vaadi" was the only hummable one.

Plum
16th September 2010, 11:21 AM
raj, varavelkumO was a decent hit, wasnt it?

Sureshs65
16th September 2010, 11:56 AM
raj_musing,

'Aaru Manikor' as you say is supposed to have been a dubbing film. Forgot the Tamil film name but I think it was the movie which had 'Oru Naal Unnodu Oru Naal'.

Plum,

'varavelkumo' is an excellent number from 'Pachakuthira'. I think that the music did not make much of an impact. Same with 'Sooriya'. I liked most of the songs, especially 'vasantha nila' but the impact generally was minimal.

Plum
16th September 2010, 01:03 PM
That would be uravaadum nenjam I guess.

raagas
16th September 2010, 01:17 PM
Varavelkumo and Neelambal were the only songs that I liked in Pachakuthira.The overly synth sound in Kalikonda Chamundi didnt impress me much.Frankly,after listening to couple of times, i felt it to be very noisy. But varavelkumo is a terriffic song. its recording quality too was outstanding. Just going by the tune, we might place the song in Telugu films (he did give such ones before, in telugu films) instead of Malayalam films.

Sooriyan was a very good album.Especially the classical songs in the album.& i wish IR paid some attention to the recording quality of "Vasantha Nilave" - a gem of a song, royally spoilt by shoddy sound engineering.That was his last "Sri Ranjani" raagam based song.

Sunil_M88
16th September 2010, 04:39 PM
If it weren't for Raaja saab, my ears wouldn't be blessed with the following tunes, Nee Partha, Chinna Kannan Azhaikiraan, Senthoora Poove and the title instrumental piece from The Music Messiah.

All these songs and the whole album of Sirai Chaalai have been on loop since morning. :musicsmile:

Sureshs65
16th September 2010, 04:57 PM
raagas,

I know about your complaint of the sound recording of 'Vasantha Nila'. I have the tape with me (not the CD). I thought the sound recording was fairly decent in it.

raj_musing
16th September 2010, 08:57 PM
Plum ;suresh

Varavelkumo song did not click very well.The movie bombed and hence nobody really noticed these songs.

The same fate happened for the movie "SMS". There were two good songs in that movie,but however that 'college teaser' song was aired mostly in the channels.That song also created only an average impact and disappeared along with the movie..Rarely does this happen to raja in Malayalam. If you look at all his compositions in Malayalam his success rate is very high. A few other songs in the past 20 yrs which had created minimal impact:-

1)Songs of Manjeeradwani(A bharathan movie released in early 90's).
2)Anuragakottaram
3)Aparatha
4)Kallu Kondoru pennu

Sureshs65
16th September 2010, 09:18 PM
raj,

True about 'Pachakuthira' and 'SMS'. Our own Rajasaranam was one of the brave fellows who went into the theatre and saw this movie. Atleast he saw part of the movie, the part being outside the theatre with 'dum' :lol:

There are three songs of 'SMS' that I like a lot. 'kadapurathoru' is a big hit in my house :) 'subha niyogamale' and 'povadhevide' are very good songs as well. 'kadapurathoru' was pathetically picturized and so was that college song.

I love most of the songs in the movies you have mentioned. 'Aparatha' is a gem of an album. Other than the Malayalam version of 'valli valli' ('melle melle'), it has a very different Christian devotional 'karthave' and an outstanding Chitra number, 'pullankuzhal'. I play 'pullankuzhal' and 'melle melle' in a loop regularly.

Devaraagam
16th September 2010, 09:22 PM
raagas,

I know about your complaint of the sound recording of 'Vasantha Nila'. I have the tape with me (not the CD). I thought the sound recording was fairly decent in it.

Suresh, You don't believe, I got 3 cds because of its poor quality either recording or rquality of CD from HMV. 1st 2 cds were not played fully in my audio player..

that time I got fed up with HMV.

Devaraagam
16th September 2010, 09:29 PM
raj_musing, Suresh,plum

there was one movie in malayam called "Ponmudipuzhayorathu" which had few good numbers like
1. ammaiyenna vakku
2. pandethey (energitic and enjoyable IR in malayalam)
3.maan kutti

but only one song got a hit..which is "oru chiri kandal"

raj_musing
16th September 2010, 10:33 PM
Suresh & dr

The taste of people vary and the songs which literally knock you out may not go well with the masses...
If you ask me the most popular songs of Ilayaraja in 90's and 2000's in Malayalam from a mass appeal/popularity/ranking perspective;here it goes:-

1990---2000(Top 5 songs)

1)Olathumbathiruunu FROM "Pappayude swantham appoos" (the biggest hit of 90's and ofcourse the anthem at one time)
2)Raapadi pakshi kootam from "Ente soorya puthri" (College goers/students use to go gaga over this song)
3) Aaatirambile from "Kalapani"(Third in my list when compared to the first two)
4)Devasangeetham from Guru
5)Kodamanjil from KKS

2001--2010(Top 5 songs)

1)Melleyonnu from "Manasinakkare" ( When "Lejjavathiye song" by Jassie gift was creating an uproar,this song caught up and later became a massive hit.)
2)Enthu Paranjalum from "Achuvinte amma"
3) Oru chiri Kandaal from 'Ponmudipuzhayarom"(A favourite song for all Ganamela artists.. Vijay yesudas gets a good identity in this song)
4) Adiyusha sandhya and Kunnathe from Pazhassiraja
5)Mandarapoo mooli from Vinodayathra.

Sanjeevi
16th September 2010, 10:50 PM
Katru Poovai Paarthu Kooratho I Love U

- awesome feel throughout the song right from the start till end. Catcy pallavi and more in saranam. SPB as usual and Minmini good (where is she?). Loved the second interlude and the way starts saranam.

I think this song was not picturised

raj_musing
16th September 2010, 10:56 PM
I forgot Attinkarayorathu from "Rasathanthram" and this would fit in between 4) and 5).....as 4.5 :)

app_engine
16th September 2010, 11:20 PM
I forgot Attinkarayorathu from "Rasathanthram" and this would fit in between 4) and 5).....as 4.5 :)

Fantastic song by Manjari!

Very enjoyable on screen too (Lal / Meera) :-)

baroque
17th September 2010, 12:00 AM
புது வண்ணங்கள் கொஞ்சிடும் சோலை
பல எண்ணங்கள் துள்ளிடும் வேளை
எங்கும் மின்னுது செவ்வந்தி மாலை
இளந்தென்றலில் ஆடுது சேலை
செந்தாழம் பூவாசம் என் நெஞ்சத்தை அள்ள
பூங்குயில் பாடுது பாட்டு
வண்ண மாமயில் ஆடுது கேட்டு
புது வண்ணங்கள் கொஞ்சிடும் சோலை
பல எண்ணங்கள் துள்ளிடும் வேளை........முரட்டுக்காளை.....ரஜினி...ரதி.

ஆஹா......ஜானு....What a gift to இளையராஜா!

enduring joy of folk melody from Emperor of flute :musicsmile:

Vinatha.

jaiganes
17th September 2010, 12:04 AM
I cannot but hel controlling my heart sinking low when I hear "Snehathin pooncholai theerathil" from Paappayude swantham appoos. IT beats all other songs in that movie due to the sheer emotional scathing it does to the listener's psyche.

Devaraagam
17th September 2010, 12:12 AM

Fantastic song by Manjari!

Very enjoyable on screen too (Lal / Meera) :-)

I want to add the photography work of this song for brought the good greenary background.

baroque
17th September 2010, 01:14 AM
Maaman machan....Murattukkalai.
lose yourself to pathos
ample usage of violin, humming..
:musicsmile: eerie second interlude from the monarch of mood music.
மாமன் மச்சான் ஹே . நீ தானோ
ஆச வச்சா ஏன் ஆகாதோ
வரலாமா தொடலாமா
தொடும்போது சுகம் தானா
மாமன் மச்சான்.......முரட்டுக்காளை........சுமலதா.... . :musicsmile:

முரட்டுக்காளை is the album for me this warm Thursday lunch break!
80s Ilayaraaja :clap:

vinatha.

tvsankar
17th September 2010, 02:04 AM
raj_musing, Suresh,plum

there was one movie in malayam called "Ponmudipuzhayorathu" which had few good numbers like
1. ammaiyenna vakku
2. pandethey (energitic and enjoyable IR in malayalam)
3.maan kutti

but only one song got a hit..which is "oru chiri kandal"

DR,
inga yen solreenga Rare Gems ellam.. ADhuku than SOTD irukae..'anga sollungo.. Ellaraiyum gavanika vaikum pl..........

Pandethey and Ammaiyenna vakku - Really Rare GEMS..........

Sureshs65
17th September 2010, 12:52 PM
I cannot but hel controlling my heart sinking low when I hear "Snehathin pooncholai theerathil" from Paappayude swantham appoos. IT beats all other songs in that movie due to the sheer emotional scathing it does to the listener's psyche.

By coincidence was listening to the same album. I had been to Kerala last weekend and got the tape of this album. Every song a gem I would say. Agree with you on 'Snehathin'. I also love 'Enpoove'. There is an excellent Janaki slow version of it.

raagas
17th September 2010, 02:38 PM
Was listening to Snehathin this morning, at about 11:30am. The coincidence thickens! :D

tvsankar
17th September 2010, 03:10 PM
Guru saranam saranam - Guru - Malaiyalam

wat a composition...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATIzU_laBUI&feature=related

Sureshs65
17th September 2010, 04:49 PM
raj's posts led to the following thoughts:

The respect that Raja has in the Malayalam film music world is sometimes surprising. As raj_musing has mentioned, Raja has probably not been associated with many 'hits' or 'classics' in Malayalam. I would say that the two movies, which had music by Raja and which seem to be part of Malayalam 'classics' canon are, 'Moonam Pakkam' and 'Olangal'. While 'Guru' and 'Kalapani' were big budget mvies, I don't think they achieved great commercial success nor are they considered as classics. The classic movies of Bharathan, Padmarajan, Hariharan / MTV, did not have music by Raja. The one association where there has been decent commercial success has been the one between Sathyan and Raja. Even here many feel Sathyan made better films earlier, when he teamed up with Sreenivasan being the scriptwriter. The other movies in the late 90s or 2000s did have an impact on the box office nor will they become classics. 'Friends' probably was a decent hit. Other than the films listed by raj, movies like 'Pachakuthira' and 'SMS' cannot even be termed bad!!! I love the songs of 'Ponmudipuzhayorathu' but as DR says only 'oru chiri kandal' was a hit. The movie sank without a trace. 'Pazhassiraja' is probably the only non Sathyan hit that Raja has in recent times in Malayalam.

This is in contrast to Telugu where he was associated with some of the biggest hits of Chiranjeevi, Raghavendar Rao and Kodandarami Reddy. He was also associated with films which have now become classics like 'Sagara Sangaman', Swati Muthyam', 'Siva' and Geetanjali'. Not to mention the films of Vamsi.

He never seems to have been too interested in Kannada and did very less films, some of which were decent hits.

raj_musing
17th September 2010, 09:39 PM
raj's posts led to the following thoughts:

. The classic movies of Bharathan, Padmarajan, Hariharan / MTV, did not have music by Raja.

Sureshji,

Well said..Just a small info that Padmarajan had done 2 films with Raja- Season and Moonam Pakkam which were duper hits(both in terms of songs and BGM).If you watch the BGM portion in Moonam Pakkam where the guys come from beach to inform Tilakan that Jayaram is missing.....Oh that eerie sound Raja gives there to express the situation is just a beauty!Need to watch that movie to enjoy the score.

nitu_krishnan
17th September 2010, 09:54 PM
latest one ?

Venmegam vinnil ...from "nan sigappu manithan". I was watching this movie a couple of days back in SUNtv...tears just flowed uncontrollably when the words "kanne naan annan alla unnai eendra annai naane " were sung...
simple setting...hero in suit and coat....heroine in saree...hero's sister in saree...melting tune by IR ..exceptionally emotive singing by SPB...what more can one ask for ? simple yet profoundly moving.....

app_engine
17th September 2010, 10:00 PM
Welcome, nitu_krishnan!

Nice post!

உங்கள் சேவை இந்த இழைக்குத்தேவை :-)

nitu_krishnan
17th September 2010, 10:27 PM
Welcome, nitu_krishnan!

Nice post!

உங்கள் சேவை இந்த இழைக்குத்தேவை :-)
thank you...

Sureshs65
18th September 2010, 12:01 AM
raj,

I had included 'Moonam Pakkam' in the list of Malayalam classic which Raja worked on. Did not know about 'Season'. I think you once posted the title song and what a song it was, capturing beautifully the essence of Goa.

app_engine
18th September 2010, 12:49 AM
Sureshji,
Season was an average movie, IMO - nothing compared to the other Padmarajan classics (e.g. thoovAnaththumbikaL). I've seen the movie in theater when released and was amazed with the punnagai-mannanesque BGM.

IIRC, there was just one song on screen -with vocal harmony and nice drum work - but didn't get registered in mind that much.

sivasub
18th September 2010, 09:33 AM
Ramanin mohanam from Netrikann... wow out of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c2_k_F1tAA&feature=related

baroque
18th September 2010, 10:15 AM
raamanin mohanam....fantastic prelude violin.
evergreen IR! :musicsmile:
vinatha.

raj_musing
18th September 2010, 08:13 PM
Ramanin mohanam from Netrikann... wow out of the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c2_k_F1tAA&feature=related

Simply a breezy composition.Love this song.

raj_musing
18th September 2010, 08:19 PM
Sureshji,
Season was an average movie, IMO - nothing compared to the other Padmarajan classics (e.g. thoovAnaththumbikaL). I've seen the movie in theater when released and was amazed with the punnagai-mannanesque BGM.

IIRC, there was just one song on screen -with vocal harmony and nice drum work - but didn't get registered in mind that much.

App_engine,

As suresh said the songs are really impressive,especially the first one "Swapnangal than theeram". I love the movie for its plot and its BGM which gives that demanding extra push. The movie would have been a bit sloppy without that BGM

Sureshs65
19th September 2010, 06:54 PM
I had recently bought a DVD which contained lot of Raja songs. The interesting thing was that these songs were in pairs. A happy version and a sad version of the same song. 'povoma oorgolam' and 'nee enge en anbe' etc. One song that really caught my fancy was the 'kottaya vittu' song from the movie 'Chinnathayee'. The interesting part is that the happy version is in very slow rhythm whereas the sad one has a hyper rhythm. Superbly tuned in both cases. No one can beat Raja when it comes to giving you the folk essence of that area. (IIRC, this was the movie that Jeyamohan once spoke about I think, saying how Raja helped the director a lot.)

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00095&lang=en

Devaraagam
19th September 2010, 09:02 PM
. One song that really caught my fancy was the 'kottaya vittu' song from the movie 'Chinnathayee'. The interesting part is that the happy version is in very slow rhythm whereas the sad one has a hyper rhythm.

Suresh, this song has 3 versions one is the happy one for the kids, 2nd one is bit (I believe) sung by SPB as pathos and 3rd one is from SJ and used in the climax of the movie..

all 3 are totally different emotional.

rajkumarc
20th September 2010, 01:00 PM
Ennulle Ennulle from Valli. This is one of those songs where just one listen is never enough and you hit that repeat button for sure. No one could have done better justice to this song than Swarnalatha, such soulful singing.

It's been Swarnalatha's songs that have been playing continuously for the last few days.

raj_musing
21st September 2010, 09:54 AM
Listening to "Vishwa Tulasi" songs now and was impressed with most of them. SPB songs are truly a class!NizhalinKathai song resembles the Ilanponjolai poothathu and perhaps because of the same raga used to handle this song... Can anyone confirm if this was a scored by Raja or in the MSV-Raja combination? I remember having read long back that MSV also contributed to this album?

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00735&lang=en

rajasaranam
21st September 2010, 10:04 AM
Can anyone confirm if this was a scored by Raja or in the MSV-Raja combination?

Most Songs - MSV
BGM & few Bit Songs - Raaja

raajarasigan
21st September 2010, 12:41 PM
Paattale buddhi sonna - karagattakkaran

good old memories :)

enakku than thalaivargal en rasigargal.... :swinghead: :notworthy:

raagas
21st September 2010, 03:23 PM
Can anyone confirm if this was a scored by Raja or in the MSV-Raja combination?

Most Songs - MSV
BGM & few Bit Songs - Raaja

Following songs are by Raaja:

1. EnguPiranthathu
2. Manamae
3. Kanavilavathu

And the BGM.

Interesting, that we (me included) are unable to point at IR songs with confidence,in this album,despite knowing his style.Looks like we still need to master his science/style more :-)

raj_musing
21st September 2010, 03:47 PM
RS and Raagas Thx for that.

I had the same confusion when hearing "Senthamil Paattu" songs. I believe both MSV and raja had composed for that movie as well? The style there looked more of IR to me,but ubable to figure out what was MSV's contribution..

nitu_krishnan
22nd September 2010, 12:16 AM
Listened to this song just today.. a lovely hindi version of "pothi vacha malligai mottu " ....

Nice picturisation by Balumahendra...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFkpKm__1Cc

app_engine
22nd September 2010, 01:00 AM
ஒரு பூவனத்துல சுகம் குலுகுலுங்குது
வண்டு தேன் குடிக்குது மனம் கிளுகிளுக்குது
மலர்ச்சோலை வண்ணத்திலே பல கோடி எண்ணங்களே

(கழுகு, எஸ் பி பி)

Frequently on repeat mode for the last few days. What a rare cocktail of folk and western instruments, unimitably Raja!

My most fav part in this song is the killer 2nd interlude.

First he stops all the percussion to create expectation. Then here comes the flute - like the heads of fish showing up above the water surface. Followed by the softening northie instrument.

What suddenly follows is the banging of signature 'boom-boom' mELam at a fast tempo followed by multiple rhythmic variations. All for only a few seconds and Raja chooses to stop'em and let the guitar play magic continuously - what a sweet sound! A synthesised harmonica-like sound joins to complete the experience!

எத்தனை தடவை வேண்டுமானாலும் இந்த இடையிசையைக்கேட்டுக்கொண்டே இருக்கலாம்!

NormalMan
22nd September 2010, 08:45 AM
"வா வா பக்கம் வா" (தங்க மகன்) - groovy composition with பூந்து விளையாடும் strings.

http://thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00633&lang=en

Never gave this song the due listen till today. Horrible picturization though :-(

Sanjeevi
22nd September 2010, 03:45 PM
"வா வா பக்கம் வா" (தங்க மகன்) - groovy composition with பூந்து விளையாடும் strings.

http://thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00633&lang=en

Never gave this song the due listen till today. Horrible picturization though :-(

Sema song I rate this song higher than Poomalai song.

And for Rajini, Raaja has given some special athiradi songs like these two songs. others are

1) Nan than toppu
2) Aasai 100 vagai

Sureshs65
22nd September 2010, 09:42 PM
The Malayalam song, 'virahamay vipalamay'. What a jazzy song. Super tune, great mood and lovely singing. It is something you can hear in the quiet of night and drift slowly into sleep. From the movie 'Man of the Match'.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/malayalam/moviedetail.asp?mid=M0000388

tvsankar
23rd September 2010, 03:09 PM
Vaalatum oor kuruvi

Mano and KSC - Ennai vittu pogadhae.

Beautiful Prelude. so sweeeeeet.............

guitar, beats, flute , violin ena - ella instrument aiyum

orae time il use panni, inimaiyana, kaadhuku idainjal

illadha vidhadhil isaiyai kodukarare... Idhu dhan Raja's Special......

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00156&lang=en

Guitar is Queen in this Songl...

Beats - too much friendly . Support panra mood il irukum.........

tvsankar
23rd September 2010, 03:22 PM
Pani vizhum malaiyil - Meera

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00363&lang=en

sing isng - Moodupani

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00369&lang=en

Masthana masthana - Raasaiya

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00546&lang=en

Pootukal pootalum

Yaru potadhu road dhan - Sathiriyan

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00582&lang=en

Ipadi - variety aga, vaazhkaiyl irukum, nadakum,

anaithu vidha unarvugalukum - paadalgalai composition

seidha Raja Raja dhan..........

raj_musing
23rd September 2010, 11:36 PM
The Malayalam song, 'virahamay vipalamay'. What a jazzy song. Super tune, great mood and lovely singing. It is something you can hear in the quiet of night and drift slowly into sleep. From the movie 'Man of the Match'.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/malayalam/moviedetail.asp?mid=M0000388

Oh Johnson also contributed to this album.Not sure waht he did here with Raja...

irir123
24th September 2010, 04:28 AM
am looking for a list of english songs by IR - he did quite a few during the late 70s and 80s - any help will be appreciated

baroque
24th September 2010, 08:31 AM
baby shake it baby......thithikkum muththu....Rock composition from Kaali - Rajini movie from 80s has enghlish lyrics.

sing swing......rock from Moodu pani.

all the time....Malgudi shuba's composition from Naadodi thendral in 90s

hey you you come to me....Disco from Aanand.
another composition from the same movie....I want to tell you.... danceable composition.

they come to my mind quickly..
vinatha.

vel
24th September 2010, 01:12 PM
anthala lokam from gayam 2 - Awesome delicate composition....felt like i was sleeping on God's own lap...bliss full....

raagas
24th September 2010, 04:14 PM
anthala lokam from gayam 2 - Awesome delicate composition....felt like i was sleeping on God's own lap...bliss full....

Absolutely! That and even the jazzy "Endhukamma" - two brilliant songs!

Sureshs65
24th September 2010, 08:03 PM
I third that :) Gayam-2 has been in loop for the last week or more. Can't get enough of it.

tvsankar
24th September 2010, 11:16 PM
Thenna marathula

Oru naal unnodu oru naal

from Ravi Athitya blog.

Excellent Audio quality....... very sweet to hear.........

http://raviaditya.blogspot.com/2010/09/king-of-soulful-melodies.html

Avarudiaya blog la reply panna theiryalai.

Very nice Narration with so simple words.....

ராஜா சினிமாவில் மெட்டை விதவிதமாக போட்டு அசத்துகிறார்.பாட்டின் வரிகளில் improvisation காட்டுவது. சிம்பிளாக சொன்னால்மெட்டில் kaizen போடுவது.

ஆடியோ வசதி அவ்வளவாக இல்லாத அப்போது இந்த பாடல்கள் டீக்கடைகளிலும்,
கல்யாண மண்டபங்களிலும்,திருவிழாக்களிலும் ,பிளாட்பார நரிக்குறவர் வைத்திருக்கும் டிரான்ஸிடர்களில் காற்றில் மிதந்து வந்து மனதை படுத்தும். அசர வைக்கும்.காரணம் புதுவித இசை.

ஒன்றை ரசிப்பதற்கு அதன் கூட வாழ வேண்டும் என்று சொல்வார்கள்.பின் வரும் பாட்டுக்கள் soulful and lilting melodies of Maestro.வாழந்துப் பாருங்கள்.

romba azhagaga solli irukar - 70s Raja vai.......

really very impressive...........

app_engine
24th September 2010, 11:21 PM
Jumping from link to link, landed on the Telugu version of 'kaNmaNi anbOdu' of Guna on youtube last night.

Since we're used to the Thamizh version by KH and absolutely love it, the SPB version created laughter at home at places.

So, ended up treating ourselves the youtube of Thamizh version.

What a song! KH simply excels on screen as well :-)

tvsankar
24th September 2010, 11:54 PM
Manjal Nilavuku indru orae sugam

indha paatu - 10th std - Public exam ku mun
maadham vandhadhu.....

Padam parka mudiyavilali. (Radio vilum iflm songs kaetka kudadhu. padipu kettu pogum enru peiryavanga kite thittu vizhum.....)

Enga period la - Periyavanga pechai - epavum, ellavatrilum kaetae aganam..

Anal, Ivargalai - Edhirka vaithadhu - IR oda paatu ellam.... hahhha...

Public exam gara kavalai - tention - indha unarvil , IR paatai kaetal,

andha relax and andha sandhosham - solla varthai ilai........

Manjal Nilavuku - oru Mini train journey.........

Devaraagam
25th September 2010, 12:10 AM
from today morning listening aravamudhey from ramanamaalai. this song is reminding me the song of analthanil vaadidum from chandralekha - .Hope only bhavadharinin is the common factor.

app_engine
25th September 2010, 01:26 AM
தூளியிலே ஆட வந்த வானத்து மின்விளக்கே
ஆழியிலே கண்டெடுத்த அற்புத ஆணிமுத்தே

(சித்ரா, மனோ - இரண்டு வெர்ஷன்கள் / சின்னத்தம்பி - பி.வாசு பையன் & பிரபு)

Sweet songs that can slowly envelop one with nithrAdEvi :-)

jaiganes
25th September 2010, 02:22 AM
தூளியிலே ஆட வந்த வானத்து மின்விளக்கே
ஆழியிலே கண்டெடுத்த அற்புத ஆணிமுத்தே

(சித்ரா, மனோ - இரண்டு வெர்ஷன்கள் / சின்னத்தம்பி - பி.வாசு பையன் & பிரபு)

Sweet songs that can slowly envelop one with nithrAdEvi :-)
friday madhyaanam innum sariya mudiyalai adhukkulla nithra devikku invitationaa?
ellaame oru SSMG dhaan la?

Plum
25th September 2010, 12:03 PM
mudhal mariyaadhai titles - as is customary now across fans of all composers in hub - a simplistic appreciation meme =ennA adi!

tvsankar
25th September 2010, 06:46 PM
Plum,
Link for MM title score ..... give me pl...

Sureshs65
25th September 2010, 08:45 PM
Listening almost continuously to Gayam-2. A very complete album. Lot of variety. Loving all songs. 'endukkamma' and 'andalalokam' are tops. 'kalagane' is super. I like both versions of the revolutionary song and 'masakenanka' is a fun song as well. In my opinion I would rate this a step ahead of 'Om Shanthi'. (Though 'Om Shanthi' had that amazing 'chinna polike'.)

baroque
25th September 2010, 10:26 PM
Plum,
Link for MM title score ..... give me pl...
MM means Mudhal Mariyadhai rt? :)
manoj creations mudhal mariyadhai..
BR introducing the new faces followed by
மீண்டும் ஒரு கிராமத்து ராகத்தை எனது பரிவாரங்களோடு பாட வருகிறேன்.... பாரதிராஜா
followed by typical கிராமத்து rhythm மேளம் and நாயனம்..then
the song.

ye..yeri erukku valamirukku
eri karaiyerukku
sola kadhirukku - சோள கதிருக்கு
sola kuyilurukku... - சோல குயிலுருக்கு ..wordplay from வைரமுத்து.

progressed with with flute calls, claps ....மேளம் and நாயனம்..then
கோவில் மணி ..picture starts.

entire movie has memorable flute, bird calls.
Love Radha teasing sivaji 'நீ கொமரந்தான் ..
என்ன கட்டிக்கறையா தூக்கறேன்...'கல் தூக்கற சீன்.. guitar strumming..

vinatha.

Sureshs65
25th September 2010, 11:07 PM
Listening to 'Chirchenthe Manasinde' and 'Ponnum Thingal' from the Malayalam movie, 'Anuraga Kottaram'. These two songs are worth the whole album. 'Ponnum Thingal' especially with its Mohanam absolutely captivates. I think 'Anuraga Kottaram' featured in the list of Raja movies that were not major 'hits' in Kerala. Not sure where 'Ponnum Thingal' reached enough people. I think 'chirchenthe' was probably the more popular one but I am not sure.

rajkumarc
25th September 2010, 11:11 PM
Listened to Gaayam-2 yesterday. Lovely album. Endhukamma and Anthala Lokam are beautiful songs with the new sound of IR. My favorite is Kalagane Kannullo sung by IR, very soulful.

I also liked the two songs that represent anger - Rama Rajyam and Eluthundru. The singers did a decent job in bringing out the emotions. The orchestration was very good and apt for the mood portrayed. I don't think you get to hear songs like this anymore and they don't sound dated to me at all.

app_engine
26th September 2010, 01:35 AM
Two songs that I typically don't pay much attention from CT "அட உச்சந்தல உச்சியில" and "குயிலப்புடிச்சு கூண்டிலடச்சு" based on insistence by my 4 year old - on youtube.

Though not of the same levels of arachcha santhanam / thooLiyilE / pOvOmA, these songs have their own charm as well.

Prabhu is definitely enjoyable in all these videos! So is kaRpu :-)

app_engine
26th September 2010, 01:38 AM
The usual youtube hops from the links on the RHS led me to some comical videos of Pirabhu as well, for a couple of phenomenal song!

காதோரம் லோலாக்கு (சின்ன மாப்ளே, சுகன்யாவுடன்)

அந்தியிலே வானம் (சின்னவர், கஸ்தூரியுடன்). This has the sweet Swarnalatha with Mano.

raj_musing
26th September 2010, 07:07 PM
Thathom Talangu from Vetri Vizha. Perhaps looks an Indianised version of MJ's "Smooth Criminal".Though the song is never similar to SC,the picturisation give me this feel..Very rich tapestry of orchestra to support this awesome dance number..

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00727&lang=en

tvsankar
26th September 2010, 07:18 PM
Thathom Talangu from Vetri Vizha. Perhaps looks an Indianised version of MJ's "Smooth Criminal".Though the song is never similar to SC,the picturisation give me this feel..Very rich tapestry of orchestra to support this awesome dance number..

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00727&lang=en

raj musing,
Thanks for the Description.. Head phone la kaeten.

Really Great pick.....

IR in composition - sound ellam - Time gara oru control la,

iyangum azhagu...

SUN ai Sutri varum - Planets pola oru vishayam.........

SPB and SJ - Given place la - edho neraiya free space irukara madhiri - paadi -

IR - ivargalai matum control pannadha madhiri oru feelings varum..

Idhu - idhu dhan

SPB and SJ 's Special..................

Thank u for the pick raj musing

tvsankar
26th September 2010, 07:32 PM
Rettai kiligal - Orae oru Gramathilae

KSC and KJY - Nice combo

Real music journey.....

Beautiful flute notes.

apo - voilin beautiful ilaliya ???

apram - guitar beautiful ilaiya ????

ipadi ellla instrument um nammidam koba padum...........

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00445&lang=en

tvsankar
26th September 2010, 07:49 PM

KSC and KJY - Nice combo

Real music journey.....

Beautiful flute notes. Enna oru kulukal.

Breath control panni, vasichu complete panna - time illadha alavuku Flute NOtes..

Great Salute to the Flutist ............

vittu koduthal
violin
kanna un vegam kattu padumo
violin
thottu pidithal
violin
kanne un paarvai suttu vidumo
viiolin

Realy Expected thing. Enna oru Sharp notes. Violin il stick ai vechu vaasichu, eduka kuda neramum idamum illadha oru violin note.....

Great salute to the Violinist....

tvsankar
26th September 2010, 07:50 PM

KSC and KJY - Nice combo

Real music journey.....

Breath control panni, vasichu complete panna - time illadha alavuku Flute NOtes..

vittu koduthal
violin
violin
thottu pidithal
violin
viiolin

Realy Expected thing.But ipadi oru Violin notes ai ilai..... Enna oru Sharp notes. Violin il stick ai vechu vaasichu, eduka kuda neramum idamum illadha oru violin note.....

raj_musing
26th September 2010, 07:55 PM
No worries Usha ...Your ecstacy shows your love for Raja :)

tvsankar
26th September 2010, 07:56 PM
sorry for the multiple posts.

Net prob. adhanal dhan.

Delete option ialiya inga.........

tvsankar
26th September 2010, 07:59 PM
raj musing,
Thanks for ur kind words....... :)

jaiganes
27th September 2010, 03:34 AM
finally got hold of this classic(video version).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpYFTU7Pl-s&feature=related

venkkiram
27th September 2010, 04:11 AM
[tscii:ad6171b241]
finally got hold of this classic(video version).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpYFTU7Pl-s&feature=relatedநன்றி..இந்த வீடியோவை எனக்கு அறிமுகப்படுத்தியதற்கு.

ம.வாசுதேவனின் ஆகச் சிறந்த பாடலாக இதையே நான் கருதுவதுண்டு. பாடும் நிலா பாலு, தனக்கு இந்தப் பாடல் பாடும் வாய்ப்பில்லாமல் போய்விட்டதே என வருந்திய பாடலாம் இது. ஒரு முறை யார் இதை எழுதினார்கள் என இணையத்தில் தேடி கடைசியில் மதுக்கூர் கண்ணன் எனத் தெரிந்து கொண்டேன். இதன் வரிகள் சொல்லாமல் சொல்லும் அர்த்தங்கள் பல.

----------
அள்ளித்தந்த பூமி அன்னையல்லவா
சொல்லித் தந்த வானம் தந்தையல்லவா
ஆடும் நாள் பாடும் நாள் தாளங்கள் – இனி
ஆனந்தம் ஆரம்பம் வாருங்கள்

சேவை செய்த காற்றே பேசாயோ
சேமங்கள் இலாபங்கள் யாதோ
பள்ளி சென்ற கால பாதைகளே
பாலங்கள் மாடங்கள் ஆகா
புரண்டு ஓடும் நதிமகள்
இரண்டு கரையும் கவிதைகள்
தனித்த காலம் வளர்த்த இடங்களே
இளமை நினைவை இசைக்கும் தெருக்கள்

காவல் செய்த கோட்டை கானாயோ
கண்களின் சீதனம்தானோ
கள்ளி நின்ற காட்டில் முல்லைகளே
காரணம் மாதெனும் தேனோ
விரியும் பூக்கள் வானங்கள்
விசிறியாகும் நாணல்கள்
மரத்தின் வேரும் மகிழ்ச்சிப் படுக்கையே
பழைய சோகம் இனியுமில்லை

-------------

ஒரு பாடலில் நல்ல வரிகள் ஏன் தேவை என எனக்கு சிறுவயதிலேயே உணர்த்திக்காட்டிய பாடல் இது. ஆம். பள்ளி தமிழ் ஆசிரியர் ஒருவர் திருக்குறளின் இருவரிகளை வைத்து ஒரு மணி நேரம் விளக்கம் கொடுப்பது போல, இப்பாடலின் முதல் இரண்டு வரிகளையும் (அள்ளித்தந்த பூமி அன்னையல்லவா சொல்லித் தந்த வானம் தந்தையல்லவா) சிலாகித்து, ஒரு மணி நேரம் பேசிக்கொண்டே இருந்தார். [/tscii:ad6171b241]

baroque
27th September 2010, 08:23 AM
nostalgic composition. :musicsmile:
GLORIOUS 80s, guitar strumming Ilayaraaja's honey soaked Vasu's vocal. :clap: I live forever with them.
அள்ளி தந்த பூமி.......நண்டு......

Nandu is a fine album.

Manjal veyil......is a violin stunner in kalyani.
violin, tabala, flute, guitar orchestration kaise ......Janu & Bhupinder.

Vinatha.

jaiganes
27th September 2010, 08:56 AM
nostalgic composition. :musicsmile:
GLORIOUS 80s, guitar strumming Ilayaraaja's honey soaked Vasu's vocal. :clap: I live forever with them.
அள்ளி தந்த பூமி.......நண்டு......

Nandu is a fine album.

Manjal veyil......is a violin stunner in kalyani.
violin, tabala, flute, guitar orchestration kaise ......Janu & Bhupinder.

Vinatha.
Thing to watch out for is how electric guitar has been used like a veenai in this song in the second interlude.

baroque
27th September 2010, 09:09 AM
yeah.... after the flowing violin..around 1:35 :) second interlude plays bass guitar & violin counterpoint followed by flute calls.
gorgeous composition.:musicsmile:
:ty:
vinatha.

raajarasigan
27th September 2010, 10:56 AM
Alli Thandha is indeed a fantastic song!! :D

tvsankar
27th September 2010, 10:11 PM
Chinna kannan azhaikiran - Kavikuyil - Balamuralikrishna

Perfect Reethi Gowlai - tat too from Great Bala murali Sir........

Guitar works - unimaginable...

prelude il, flute ai thodarndhu varum - Chords velaiyai seiyum Base guitar and the Key board...........

PUNCHING ONE........

9 Seconds within 6 Bar - 4/4 time signature (1 2 3 4)

1 3
1 3
1 2 3

idhu - indha Concept - TFM ku pudhusu.....

idhai oru Oridnary vishayam pola - VAZHANGIYA - indha Rajavai enna solvadhu........

Melae sonna vishayam - En sankar - Thanaku therindhadhai enndiam share seidhu kondadhu idhu...........

tvsankar
27th September 2010, 10:23 PM
THAnks to Ravi athitya blog.

very very very Beutiful Audio quality ....................

tvsankar
27th September 2010, 11:03 PM
Moga sangeedham - PS - kannan oru Kai kuzhandhai

wat a rendition..

Gazal theiryadha - Tmail makkaluku - oru ordinary tami film il

Nativity ai affect pannamal, IR kodutha Gazal Treat.....

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00266&lang=en

Sureshs65
27th September 2010, 11:31 PM
'Aruthe Aruthe' and 'Kenumayangiyo' from 'Kallukondoru Pennu'. What an ambience Raja creates. Again the whole magic is created with synth. Wonderful sing by Jesudas ('Aruthe Aruthe') and Chitra ('Kenu Mayangiyo'). Love the way the anupallavi comes up in 'Aruthe Aruthe'. "uthirum kurudhi pookalai chidarum ivide jeevitham" Wow. What words!!!

raj_musing
28th September 2010, 09:01 AM
'Aruthe Aruthe' and 'Kenumayangiyo' from 'Kallukondoru Pennu'. What an ambience Raja creates. Again the whole magic is created with synth. Wonderful sing by Jesudas ('Aruthe Aruthe') and Chitra ('Kenu Mayangiyo'). Love the way the anupallavi comes up in 'Aruthe Aruthe'. "uthirum kurudhi pookalai chidarum ivide jeevitham" Wow. What words!!!

Suresh these days is doing a lot of research with Mal songs :)

Sureshs65
28th September 2010, 12:06 PM
raj,

Nope. I have done that research long time back. I am just listening to them again. In other ways you can I am 're - searching' those song :)

raj_musing
28th September 2010, 09:26 PM
raj,

Nope. I have done that research long time back. I am just listening to them again. In other ways you can I am 're - searching' those song :)
:) The songs of the movie "Kaveri" needs a mention.Raja's guru V.Dakshinamurthy also has joined him here,for the composing.
Dr Balamuralikrishna has sung 4 songs in this album and they are classical indeed.You can listen to the song clips here.

http://malayalasangeetham.info/php/MovieDetails.php?mid=822&encode=utf

Iam not sure of any other links in google where we can download these songs.

Sureshs65
28th September 2010, 09:43 PM
raj_musing,

I have the songs of Kaveri with me. Not sure how I got it. I also bought the VDC of this movie. Haven't seen it yet.

raj_musing
28th September 2010, 10:23 PM
Oh superb ji you are way ahead :)

tvsankar
28th September 2010, 11:44 PM
Ival oru ilanguruvi - Brama - SJ

Excellent Prelude.........

NIce lyrics.........

Flute - Singer - Female aga irukum podhu,

Really its her True Friend in IR's compostiion........

tvsankar
28th September 2010, 11:49 PM
Santhanamittu
sadhiradum
mottu - PS

Rusi kanda poonai

All the songs are Extrordinary composition.

This song is my alltimje favourite no.

Beats - idhu dhanae Raja.........

tvsankar
28th September 2010, 11:54 PM
Mesmerising Kamal...

Pon maanai thedudhae

IR and Kamal - Always Majic..........

tvsankar
29th September 2010, 12:01 AM
Mana marudhaiyilae - Kovil kaalai

SJ and SPB

Majestic Violin Notes....

tvsankar
29th September 2010, 12:25 AM
Oru aalam poovu
athi poova parthathunda

IR and kSC - Punniyavathi ?

Sivarajiani and Dharmavathi - Attagasam............

Flute - Haunting

Beats - Rasika theirdhal, Enjoy pannalam........

app_engine
29th September 2010, 12:32 AM
Recently I had the chance to view the video of "என்ன சொல்லி நான் எழுத, என் மன்னவனின் மனம் குளிர" (ராணித்தேனீ, சுசீலா) on youtube.

First of all, I'm surprised that the video of such a movie that possibly had max one day run in TN is available and someone bothers to load it on youtube

The uploader has to be a VHCIRF or VHCPSF as otherwise it's a total joke of a video; also I don't think there exists even one fan of Shree aka Mahalakshmi d/o AVM Rajan (unless it was done by a family member)

என்றாலும், கண்ணை மூடிக்கொண்டு கேட்டால், அந்தப்பாட்டு...ஆஹா என்ன ஒரு சுகம்!

tvsankar
29th September 2010, 02:44 PM
Pazhaiya vilangu - Aasha Bhosle - Meera

isai kedatha thalam thalam

Sureshs65
29th September 2010, 11:34 PM
Still unable to get out of Gayam-2 magic. Been in the loop.

Plum: I recommend you listen to 'andala lokam' and 'endhukamma prema prema' soon. That way there are chances that your team mates will get some good appraisal ratings :lol:

venkkiram
30th September 2010, 07:56 AM
ஒரு மூடன் கதை சொன்னால்... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAyt3YvX2mY&feature=fvw)

சசிரேகா வாழ்க! நல்ல அரிதான பாடல்களை நிறைய சேகரித்து youtube-ல் வைத்திருக்கிறார்.

"நெஞ்சிலாடும் பூ ஒன்று" என்ற படமே வெளியாகாத படத்தில் ராஜாவின் அருமையான இசைக்கு ம.வாசுதேவன் பாடிய "ஒரு மூடன் கதை சொன்னால்.." இதற்கு ஒரு தலை ராகாம் படத்தின் காட்சிகளை நேர்த்தியாக சேர்த்திருக்கிறார்கள். ஆரம்ப இசையிலும், இரண்டாவது இடை இசையிலும் வரும் வீணை இசை சிறப்பு!

காதல் தோல்வியால் பெண்கள் சமூகத்தையே வெறுக்கும் காதலன்.. வரிகள் ஒவ்வொன்றும் அப்படியே comes from bottom of heart...அதுவும் ம.வாசுதேவனின் கணீர் குரலில் கோபம் கொப்பளிக்கிறது....

"கல்லை உடைத்தாலும் நீர் வரும்!
பாலைவனங்களோ அழகான பெண்களே!"
எந்த மடையனோ சொன்னான் சொர்க்கமாம்!
பெண்கள் உலகமே நரகமே!"

"ஒரு மூடன் கதை சொன்னான் என் கதை அதுதான்" என ஆரம்பம் முதல் கடைசி வரை எனக்கு இந்த வரிகளின் கட்டமைப்பு பிடித்திருக்கிறது. எதுகை மோனை இல்லாமல் அப்படியே சொல்லவெண்டிய விஷயத்தை சந்தத்தில் நெய்வது இசைக்கே தனி மதிப்பை தருகிறது...

jaiganes
30th September 2010, 09:50 PM
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00124&lang=en

The song kadarkaraiyil by KJJ and chorus is a fantastic "unmai viLambum" song. the lyrics are simple, yet hard hitting and managing to be funny at the time. The tune and singing by KJJ is top notch. Raaja as usual goes down to the genre, characters, situation and spins a gem of a musical web.

tvsankar
30th September 2010, 10:37 PM
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00124&lang=en

The song kadarkaraiyil by KJJ and chorus is a fantastic "unmai viLambum" song. the lyrics are simple, yet hard hitting and managing to be funny at the time. The tune and singing by KJJ is top notch. Raaja as usual goes down to the genre, characters, situation and spins a gem of a musical web.

jaiganes,

Idhanae IR.... Paata kaetalae - yar edhuku padaranga gara
Unmaiyai -

Mudhalil - Isaiyal , padagargalal, kavidhaiyal ena
varisai paduthi,

Unmaiyin nilaiyai Unarthum - indha IR

Idharku Per than PERFECTION...........

ithanai vishayathiayum serthi kondu,

Genre ai test seidha Great MD..... Tats all..

ajithfederer
1st October 2010, 07:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eU7GJSgzBI

Uzhaipali - Oru solai kili. Uzhaipali had some fantastic songs. My pick of the lot is "Muthirai ippodhu kuthidu thappadhu Raja raaja".

Dragun
1st October 2010, 12:45 PM
Malai Koil Vaasalil from Veera. Beautiful song. Veera was the very first CD I purchased in India, way back in 1994. I forget how much it was, but it was expensive!

tvsankar
1st October 2010, 11:15 PM
WCM - kathu tharum IR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzxVaAj7Y_Y&feature=related

kandipa - old IR films ellam parthae aganam.......

Bala (Karthik)
1st October 2010, 11:53 PM
Thendral vandhu theendumbodhu enna vannamo
Pinnacle of art

tvsankar
2nd October 2010, 12:02 AM
Oru naal andha oru naal - SJ - Devadhai

ipadiyum compose panna theryum...........

kadhaikaga - Character kaga - Feelings kaga ..

Mood - automatic aga feel panna mudiyum.........

tvsankar
2nd October 2010, 12:05 AM
ONe more GEM of SJ and IR combo

kangalukul l ennai ezhudhu

Ipadiyum compose panna theiryum.....

Kangalukul ennai - SJ

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00641&lang=en

Querida
2nd October 2010, 07:20 AM
there is a certain charm to tragic songs esp. the Maestro's.
Love the lilting flute in the interlude :)

Vadatha Rosappoo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk9H3HXLc-4

rajkumarc
2nd October 2010, 10:28 AM
Querida - that's a lovely pick. Thanks for the video link. I am with you on Maestro's speciality in tragic songs be it the tune or orchestration.

tvsankar
2nd October 2010, 12:04 PM
priyathama thama sangeetham
SJ - Rocks.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rMTNYnexOY&feature=related

tvsankar
2nd October 2010, 01:54 PM
REal GEM

Vanam engae

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00422&lang=en

Sanjeevi
2nd October 2010, 02:34 PM
ஒரு மூடன் கதை சொன்னால்... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAyt3YvX2mY&feature=fvw)

சசிரேகா வாழ்க! நல்ல அரிதான பாடல்களை நிறைய சேகரித்து youtube-ல் வைத்திருக்கிறார்.

"நெஞ்சிலாடும் பூ ஒன்று" என்ற படமே வெளியாகாத படத்தில் ராஜாவின் அருமையான இசைக்கு ம.வாசுதேவன் பாடிய "ஒரு மூடன் கதை சொன்னால்.." இதற்கு ஒரு தலை ராகாம் படத்தின் காட்சிகளை நேர்த்தியாக சேர்த்திருக்கிறார்கள். ஆரம்ப இசையிலும், இரண்டாவது இடை இசையிலும் வரும் வீணை இசை சிறப்பு!

காதல் தோல்வியால் பெண்கள் சமூகத்தையே வெறுக்கும் காதலன்.. வரிகள் ஒவ்வொன்றும் அப்படியே comes from bottom of heart...அதுவும் ம.வாசுதேவனின் கணீர் குரலில் கோபம் கொப்பளிக்கிறது....

"கல்லை உடைத்தாலும் நீர் வரும்!
பாலைவனங்களோ அழகான பெண்களே!"
எந்த மடையனோ சொன்னான் சொர்க்கமாம்!
பெண்கள் உலகமே நரகமே!"

"ஒரு மூடன் கதை சொன்னான் என் கதை அதுதான்" என ஆரம்பம் முதல் கடைசி வரை எனக்கு இந்த வரிகளின் கட்டமைப்பு பிடித்திருக்கிறது. எதுகை மோனை இல்லாமல் அப்படியே சொல்லவெண்டிய விஷயத்தை சந்தத்தில் நெய்வது இசைக்கே தனி மதிப்பை தருகிறது...

Thanks venki. After many years I listen this very good song but this was composed by Raaja?. This song was popular.

Querida
4th October 2010, 06:22 AM
SJ - Rocks.......

Thanks to you tvsankar,

I found "Kalise Prathi Sandhyalo"

I don't understand a word, but the Maestro's musical magic is not lost on me... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ltX4onjh-0

tvsankar
4th October 2010, 11:32 AM
SJ - Rocks.......

Thanks to you tvsankar,

I found "Kalise Prathi Sandhyalo"

I don't understand a word, but the Maestro's musical magic is not lost on me... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ltX4onjh-0

Querida,
Thanks for the rare pick.

wat a song.. 5 times kaetututen.

Same is here also. dono the language.

IR fills my heart........

IR's Telugu songs are something special to me........

Repeated a kaekra telugu songs

1. April 1 viduthala

okkade asa

ompula vaikari

http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/moviedetail.asp?mid=A0000009

Chettukinta pelader

ali billi

http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/moviedetail.asp?mid=A0000015

cooli no 1

kila kila

http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/moviedetail.asp?mid=A0000180

list is going on............

thumburu
4th October 2010, 06:24 PM
Usha, many thanks for reminding me if the Suddhasaaveri beauty in "Rettai KiLigaL". Raja has handled many such Sudhhasaaveri's without digressing and diluting its consistency which many modern MDs do either due to lack of classical knowledge or to create a jolt among the listeners. to show off their being so called "different" .

My last song which has some interesting rythms and a captivating tune with very little of "Mano"[sometimes Raja shows his mercy on poor fans] - "anbe nee enna andha kaNNano mannano" Pandiyan aka kokku

KSC and KJY - Nice combo

Real music journey.....

vittu koduthal
violin
violin
thottu pidithal
violin
viiolin

Realy Expected thing.But ipadi oru Violin notes ai ilai..... Enna oru Sharp notes. Violin il stick ai vechu vaasichu, eduka kuda neramum idamum illadha oru violin note.....

tvsankar
5th October 2010, 12:39 AM
thumburu,

Thanks for the response.

Rettai kiligal - Sudha saveriya.. sari........

anbe nee enna - nice one.

baroque
5th October 2010, 10:42 PM
எங்கிருந்தோ இளங்குயிலின் இன்னிசை கேட்டு கண் விழித்தேன்.....பிரம்மா
பியானோ, violins , bassகிடார் , cello , chorus bgm with பாலா & தபலா ராஜா charanams
extravagant இளையராஜா's மியூசிக் :musicsmile:
வினதா.

Querida
5th October 2010, 11:43 PM
[tscii:b427e083e8]I didn’t recognize from the title “rettai kiligal” that it was this song...it reminded me of my childhood...would often listen to the tape that had this song... I remember the beginning especially, it always reminded me of waterfalls!

Yes Usha I found you can listen over and over to that song too =)
Thank you for your Telugu song picks!

From April 1 viduthala have heard Chukkalu Themanna...is it the more popular one?

Next pick would be Neejamanta
Ompula Vaikari and Chukkalu Themanna are certainly my faves of this album for me =)

From
Chettukinta pleader
Was surprised to hear Telugu version of Chinna Mani Kuyile with “Chalthika Naam”, still devoted to the Tamil version though.

Ala billi has a swaying back and forth feeling, oriental feel to the bgm as well. The violin pleads well with the flute to reply.

From Coolie No 1
Kila Kila was energetic and had a very good upbeat rhythm

there must be many more songs that the Maestro has used for more than one language...

I find it an odd but also pleasing to find you recognize a song in this case it's "Kotha Kothaga" which I know better as "Puthiya Poovithu Poothathu"still the treatment of it is different

In the Telugu version you hear the drumpad moreso...giving it a more energetic and modern feel...

In the Tamil version it opens with the flute...and what is that other instrument??? :? Like a staccato, oriental, quivering, sound...string? electronic? I know not. Please do spread some light on this query.

Telugu Version
http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=4015&mode=100&rand=0.42851264484748

Tamil Version
http://www.dishant.com/jukebox.php?songid=19237[/tscii:b427e083e8]

tvsankar
5th October 2010, 11:59 PM
Querida,
Thanks for the response.

Rettai kiligal - Am MAD for this song...........

adhan - neraiya ulari irupen.

Violin, FLute ( Greatest NOtes...........)

Violin -- ennatha solradhu.......... Greato Great..........

guitar - hmmmmm . guitar pathi dhan neraiya solli irupen.

anyway, ipavum solren..

Something Extraordinary............

sorry.....

paatuku marubadiyum - solla arambichuten........

vitttu pona oru vishayam - MOdulation...... at 2nd interlude...

neenga sonna - waterfalls - violin

padichahdum, one more waterfalls from a folk song of Raja

Poojaikaetha poovidhu

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00419&lang=en

unga telugu songs - adhigam kaetkavilali. kaetu vittu solgiren.......

Sanjeevi
6th October 2010, 12:10 AM
Thans usha for remembering Rettai Kiligal song. Listenig after many years :musicsmile:

tvsankar
6th October 2010, 12:12 AM
sanjeevi,
welcome. ungalukum pidikuma....... nice.........

indha oru paatukae - hmmm.. namalala enan mudiyum..

uyirai kodukalam.... asaiya..............

tvsankar
6th October 2010, 12:39 AM
Querida,
kotha kothaga - unga doubt.... hmm..

i try my best. wait for 3 days..

answer oda varen. pl...........

kila kila - idhuku rombavae kiruku naan..

becoz of SPB...

andha Harmony portion ai - Full song layum

careful la touch panni paaduvar.... Miss pannama...........

baroque
6th October 2010, 09:55 PM
பூவே இது பூஜைகாலமே......சசிரேகா ...what a yearning mood with joy . :musicsmile:
outstanding flute and strings வொர்க்..drums and tabala rhythm :swinghead:

oh...Raaja, what a great feeling you induce with your prelude & first interlude :musicsmile: ...I woke up to your masterpiece at the crack of dawn to do my exercise this cool & cloudy autumn day..
brisk, fresh...aha....words can't describe the feeling..
LIKE IT, Raaja! Please stay with me forever!
EVERY DAY IS BETTER BECAUSE OF YOUR MUSIC! :ty:
Vinatha.

app_engine
7th October 2010, 11:18 PM
ஜெய்யின் 1000 பாடல் இழையில் பட்டியல் போடப்போனதன் விளைவாக நேற்று மாலை திரைப்பாடல்.காம் தளத்திலிருந்து "தூரத்தில் நான் கண்ட உன் முகம்" பாடல்.

இது தவிர மற்ற மூன்று நிழல்கள் பாடல்களும் 1000 பட்டியலுக்கு சமர்ப்பித்தாயிற்று. இதை அங்கே சொல்ல மனமில்லை.

என்றாலும், மனதில் ஒலித்துக்கொண்டே இருக்கிறது. ராசா பகுதியில் சொல்லிவிட வேண்டும் என நினைத்தேன். சொ.விட்டேன் :-)

raj_musing
8th October 2010, 09:18 AM
Never heard this song before...
"Oh Unnale" from Enn Arukil Nee irunthal...A very nice song indeed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y9-md8qw3Y&feature=related

tvsankar
8th October 2010, 11:03 AM
raj musing,
Thanks for the youtube.

indha paatuku youtube a...... oh.......

IR news thread la, ennoda thanglish comments padichen.

sorry.. try my best...............

raj_musing
8th October 2010, 07:17 PM
raj musing,
Thanks for the youtube.

indha paatuku youtube a...... oh.......

IR news thread la, ennoda thanglish comments padichen.

sorry.. try my best...............

Usha,

No worries :D

tvsankar
8th October 2010, 08:49 PM
raj musing,
Thank u.........

tvsankar
8th October 2010, 09:53 PM
Dhasarathanin thirumaganai
dhinam dhinam thozhudhidu nee manamae

Lovely no........

WCM - Aramba kala paadam.. katru kodutha IR............. tats all..

IR's Flute, Guitar and the violin...... key board....

Really Lovely no..........

Dhasarathanin thirumaganai

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00110&lang=en

tvsankar
10th October 2010, 11:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1UTS-yexOI&feature=more_related

Manja podi - Typical Folk song..

Enna oru Orchestration........ idhu dhan nama Raja..................

Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt..................... ...........

Indha vechuko nu ................ thandha tunes elllam...................

Yeri karai mel irundhu paaatuku next indha paatai than
phd seiyanam......

tvsankar
10th October 2010, 12:02 PM
Mangai nee mangani

indha paatai kaetkum podhu ellam,

Me shayar to nahi - Bobby

nyabagam varum.

IR ai than kaetkanam..

indha paatila irundhara nu.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3PENB7VYAQ&feature=related

NormalMan
10th October 2010, 07:18 PM
Mangai nee mangani

Subtle and yet a brilliant song. One of my top favorites.

tvsankar
10th October 2010, 11:28 PM
NormalMan,
Thanks for the response.

tvsankar
10th October 2010, 11:31 PM
another Rare Gem

Uttalakadi - GA and SPB

Great experiment from Raja...

GA portion - Pl watch the Guitar works.. This is our Raja.....

without beats...... Feel the Greatness of Guitar from Our Raja's works.......

SPB's style - IR oda harmony ai puriya vaipar..

Neraiya Ghee la senja Alwa madhiri paadi............

Utaladi

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00387&lang=en

mad for this song........

app_engine
11th October 2010, 08:48 AM
ரொம்ப நாளைக்கப்புறம் "பருவ காலங்களின் கனவு" (ராசாவின் 100 வது படப்பாட்டு - மூடுபனியில் மலேசியா வாசுதேவனும் ஜானகியும் குழுவினருடன்)

மெய் சிலிர்க்க வைக்கும் பாட்டு - அப்படியே அந்த வருடங்களுக்கு இட்டுச்சென்று சுகமான் நினைவுகளை அசை போட வைத்து விட்டது :-)

இந்தப்படம் / நெஞ்சத்தைக்கிள்ளாதே / ஜானி / குரு மாதிரிப்பாடல்களைக்கேட்டாலே மனம் பண்ணைக்காடு / கொடைக்கானல் பிரதேசங்களுக்கு ஒரு பற பறக்கும்!

tvsankar
11th October 2010, 12:52 PM
app,
Feelings.. idhu dhan Raja...........

sugamana - idhuuvm IR oda special..

tvsankar
11th October 2010, 12:57 PM
oho kalai kuyilgalae

SJ - Unnai vaazhthi padukiren

Soft beats...

Early mor , cool climate and the greenary scenes - idhai ellam feel panna vaikum........

very nice no to me............

oho kalai

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00685&lang=en

app_engine
11th October 2010, 10:14 PM
முரட்டுக்காளையின் 'மாமேன் மச்சான்'

ராஜா எங்கேயோ போயிட்டார்!

raj_musing
12th October 2010, 07:27 AM
Mangai nee mangani

indha paatai kaetkum podhu ellam,

Me shayar to nahi - Bobby

nyabagam varum.

IR ai than kaetkanam..

indha paatila irundhara nu.....

Yes this has been inspired from that hindi song,,,sounds very similar.

tvsankar
12th October 2010, 10:33 AM
raj musing,
inspired period ellam ilai.

IR - North la work pannitu than , telugu, kannada nu
parthutu than - ( Instruments player aga)

TN la settle agi irupar..

idhu dhan ennoda feelings.....

konjam Hindi songs - IR aga irukanam garadhu ennoda feelings.

adhula indha paataiyum nenaikren.

ninaika karanam - Time control - indha vishayam IR's special.

Nerudal illadha oru flow.........

ipadi sila vishayathai gavanithal,

IR enbadhai manam sollum..............

tvsankar
12th October 2010, 11:01 AM
Kangalukul ennai ezhudhu

SJ - IR

last bed time list la sollanam.

apram indha thread ku velai illama poidkum...

BIG MAD for this song...

Becoz of IR and SJ

Greatest Song of IR and SJ

Haunting prelude.............

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00641&lang=en

tvsankar
12th October 2010, 11:20 AM
ONe more Gem from this album

MUthamma muthu muthu

Arunmozhi and the lady singer is not PS..

who is tat?

Friendly Beats......

Sweet FLute

Guitar - enna solla. irukum idam theiryamal,

tooo much Humble.....
(Head phone il matumae kaeka mudiyum indha sound ai)

enna ragam idhu?

nitu_krishnan
12th October 2010, 11:31 AM
En iniya pon nilave from moodu pani.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFEBez4ZNno

jubiliant guitar in the beginning and throughout. Mesmerizing voice of KJY. Haunting chorus in the interludes, infact everywhere..A perfect song by the side of a camp fire. BM's photography and picturization removes the barrier between viewer and the movie..heaven on earth.

tvsankar
12th October 2010, 11:46 PM
nitu krishnan,
Welcome to this thsread..

indha paatuku - Guitar Work ku

edhuku ipadi sikkanam..............

detail post pl...

app_engine
12th October 2010, 11:55 PM
Recently when all moodupani songs were played from thiraippAdal, my 4 yr old, who is familiar with the youtube of the famous train scene of vAraNam Ayiram, asked me - இது சூரியா பாடறது தான? ஆனா வேற மாதிரி இருக்கே? :lol:

tvsankar
13th October 2010, 12:00 AM
ada dae.... nice app.

epadiyo suthi vandhu, Thalaiku yerina sari.......
hahhahaha..........

tvsankar
13th October 2010, 12:05 AM
Chitra list il,
ONe Beautiful GEm

Vanam thodadha megam - Chinnapadas

KSC

Excellent Rendition from KSC ...........

Prelude - Nice to hear the piano........ think so......

Sax - Soft aga irukum. Think about the player.....

unmaiyil, kashta pattu irupar...

ipadi oru soft Notes for Sax.............

FLute - Reflector of the singer's Feelings.

rajkumarc
13th October 2010, 01:26 AM
MUthamma muthu muthu

Arunmozhi and the lady singer is not PS..

who is tat?

Uma Ramanan is the singer. Beautiful song by the way.

Usha - You have posted a lot of my favorites:

Mangai Nee - I love IR's rendition in this song. He would have sung it with a very casual and unique feel, which makes it very special to me.

Vaanam Thodatha - I love the orchestration throughout this song and ofcourse Chitra's sweet rendition.

rajkumarc
13th October 2010, 01:31 AM
app - Very true on the feel evoked by Moodupani, Johnny, Nenjathai Killadhe songs. They will always transport you to some nice place, in my case it's Ooty :)

Back during college days, we where in Ooty on top of Dodabetta with a tape recorder listening to some of IR's best & haunting numbers. Ah... those days are not going to come back :(

tvsankar
13th October 2010, 02:47 AM
rajkumar,
Thanks for the response.

IR's rendition -

Singers - paatai paduvanga..

IR - Avaroda voice ae oru instrument madhiri....... means,

Bar, Chords ena ella velaiyaiyum gavanichu

Vaarthaigal, paadalaga varum..

so IR - paadalai... isaikirar............. PLAYING HIS VOICE......

ADhanal dhan, Avar paadara paatuku elalm
Instrumentation adhigama irukadhu...........

PARAMASHIVAN
13th October 2010, 05:56 PM
Aaygaya Gangai - Dharma yuthum

wow, what a song

IR, MV and SJ :clap:

complicateur
13th October 2010, 06:08 PM
KaisE KahUn and ALLith Thantha Bhoomi from Nandu. Such epicness hjas never been heard from since. What sublime music.

prashanth12
13th October 2010, 07:07 PM
Aaygaya Gangai - Dharma yuthum

wow, what a song

IR, MV and SJ :clap:

I particularly enjoy the lyrics..
MV as the singer gives it a rather unique quality too. Very nice.

nitu_krishnan
13th October 2010, 09:09 PM
Malare pesu mouna mozhi from geethanjali...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouJ1ypHlP5A

melodious beginning with flute and guitar. chitra 's sweet voice in contrast to IR's raw voice. Is it the bass guitar that is playing along with the veena in the first interlude ( some one clarify ) ?....its divine....
in the second interlude its the turn of violin of to join hands with veena to treat us.
A pakka romantic duet in all its glory .

tvsankar
13th October 2010, 09:40 PM
Thanks for malare..

Sadhanai - indha pada paatuku
enga ezhudhi irukeenga??

indha thread la kanomae.........

nitu_krishnan
13th October 2010, 09:45 PM
Thanks for malare..

Sadhanai - indha pada paatuku
enga ezhudhi irukeenga??

indha thread la kanomae.........

All songs from sadhanai are master pieces..

1. O vanambadi ..awesome chorus and lilting tune

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p17_wn-lHBo

2. athi mara poovithu .....SJ takes it away..

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR3160%27&lang=en

3. enge naan kanben en kadhalan....

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR3161%27&lang=en
master piece....VJ .,.hats off

4. Unrecognized song from Kunguma chimizh ...

poongatre

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR1777%27&lang=en

tvsankar
13th October 2010, 09:50 PM
Engae naan kanbaen - my most favourite no from this album

Great Composition......... Excellent instrumentation.............

MVD and VJ - so Great...........

tvsankar
13th October 2010, 09:51 PM
Guitar works - Neenga dhan sollanam......

dono about it.......

tvsankar
13th October 2010, 09:59 PM
Lakshmi

IR songs endru sollum podhu

mudhan mudhalaga nyabagam varum song

Thenna marathula - PS and IR

Guitar.......... tats all

ONe more song from VJ

Panthayathula kalathirikura

vivith bharth - Radio vil , indha padathuku
add varum podhu,

indha prelude matumaae vaithu.

Lakshmi Lakshmi Lakshmi - add varum......

paatu epadi irukum - Ninaithu,
asai pattu, padam vandhadhum, paataiyum
kaeta nyabagam.

analum,

Thenna marathula dhan Stick achu..........

jaiganes
14th October 2010, 12:48 AM
Enadhu udalum, uyirum poruLum
from Rajavin Ramanamaalai - serene and sincere.

tvsankar
14th October 2010, 10:41 AM
Vaasamalli poovu poovu

Sevanthi - Uma Ramanan..........

samatha, porupa, bayathoda paduvanga..

but - adhuvum oru azhagu dhan.

Instrumentation - IR is the king..........

MADDY
14th October 2010, 05:12 PM
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR0747%27&lang=en

engirundho from en jeevan paadudhu

melancholy defined :bow: .........

Renault
14th October 2010, 07:14 PM

MADDY, Pleasant surprise to see your comment on a Raja song.

jaiganes
14th October 2010, 09:06 PM

MADDY, Pleasant surprise to see your comment on a Raja song.
He never fails to applaud a raja gem. I am surprised to see you surprised.

nitu_krishnan
14th October 2010, 10:48 PM
Accidently bumped on this song after what ? a decade...

Kanna vaa kavithai solven vaa from maragatha veenai ...

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR1996%27&lang=en

Sweet , simple , solo by SJ ..cute sangathis .. loved it ..

and one more cute-y song from the same movie..by SJ..oru poovanakuyil..

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR1998%27&lang=en

tvsankar
14th October 2010, 11:57 PM
Thanks for kanna vaa.

SJ's rendition is pleasingly...

Beats - this is Raja.........

IR songs - Female singers - Feelings..... IR is Great Always.

He is the KING...............

tvsankar
15th October 2010, 12:02 AM
Oru poovana kuyil

This is the first time... munnadi kaeta madhirya e thonalaliyae........

rajkumarc
15th October 2010, 02:00 AM
Kanavu Ondru Thondrudhe from Oru Odai Nadhiyaagiradhu sung by SJ.

The orchestration especially the strings is superb throughout the song. I am especially in awe of the tune in the charanam where each vocal line is followed by strings.

baroque
15th October 2010, 02:35 AM
kanavu ondru thondrudhey.... is one of the fine IR-Janu composition.
orchestral marvel in rag revathi.
EVERYBODY'S FAVORITE :clap:

நான் மகான் அல்ல.....ஆல்பம் கேட்டுக்கொண்டு வந்தேன் this afternoon while driving .
இரண்டு பாடல்கள்.
1 . lavish வயோலின் romantic composition மாலை சூடும் நேரம்...... :musicsmile:
2 . பியானோ delight கல்யாணம் வைபோகம் என்றென்றும் வாழ்க..... with decorative வயோலின் works :musicsmile:
ஸ்ரீ.இளையராஜா & பாலா & ஜானு :ty:

வினதா

Sureshs65
15th October 2010, 08:20 PM
rajakumar,

'kanavu onru' is simply outstanding. All the 4 songs in that album are top notch. No doubt about it.

Listening to 'enakul irupathu' from the album, 'Amma Paamalai'. Very soothing melody well rendered by Raja himself.

app_engine
15th October 2010, 10:41 PM
கட்டவண்டி this morning during the car-ride to the "pre-school", upon the insistence of the 4 yr old. She's so thrilled with the 'கிக்கிரி புக்கிரி கிக்கிரி புக்கிரி கீக்கீய்' :lol: and often insists to play this, i.e. if she is in a mood to accept TFM.

Though people'll kick me if I nominate this song to Jai's 1000 thread (dupple meaning etc are nasty), personally, I rate this song very high! Most of the times I can hear a song like this without paying absolutely no attention to a single word:-)

The percussion arrangement, bass guitar and other little things that keep happening in this song are sufficient to place it among "all-time-great numbers", despite the horrible lyrics:-)

And I can hear this with no regard to the mood of the moment - something which very few songs can command!

tvsankar
16th October 2010, 12:31 AM
Kuyilae kavi kuyilae

SJ - IR...

paatai mudhal mudhal kaetadhum - Radio vil kaeten.........

paatin mel oru affection vandhadhu...........

yes... Manushanga melae vara madhiri oru paasam.. paatin mel.........

During my 9th std............. Yar indha IR....

paatai poi, paasam vaikara madhiri seiyarar nu...

padam parthen.. konjam yematram...

en manadhu ninaitha padi - picturisation illai endru.....

one more worry - konja padam pannitu - indha IR - illama poiduvaro....

apadi nenaikum podhae sogam,, azhugai ellam..........

vendi konden.. indha IR ku - neraiya padam varanam..
avar music vendum enru.......

poi sollavilali.. solvadhu ellam nijam.....

Ithanai ennagalaiyum kodutha orae padal - indha paatu dhan..

Compositiion appadi oru Great.........

Lyrics - Ennai aatkonda raagam
Endrum oru raagamae

Wat a lovely lyrics.. Its very apt to me.. its for me only........
5, 6 padangalukae - paadaluku adimai aaki vittar ... indha Raja......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHjvYxP5Jdk&p=6253D5331F0FE358&index=54&playnext=2

sivasub
17th October 2010, 04:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hns_sIzvXI4&feature=fvw

Kanna varuvaya from Manadhil Urudhi Vendum.... this is more prescious than Kohinoor diamond.

baroque
18th October 2010, 04:19 AM
it 's raining here .... :swinghead:
a cup of ginger tea with sublime pleasures of ஸ்ரீ.இளையராஜா's சங்கீதம், sensual பாலா's singing ...heavenly :musicsmile:
ஹம்மிங்,guitar , sax , flute counterpoint in மனதில் என்ன நினைவுகளோ
இளமை கனவோ.....அதுவோ...எதுவோ...பூந்தளிர்.
vinatha.

venkkiram
18th October 2010, 06:16 AM
பாடு நிலாவே படப்பாடல்களில் எனது ஆகச்சிறந்த பாடலான குத்தம்மா நெல்லுக்குத்து பற்றி நெருங்கிய நண்பன் ஒருவனிடம் சிலாகித்து பேசிக்கொண்டிருக்கும் போது, அவருடைய பார்வை முற்றிலும் வேறுபட்டதாக இருந்தது. மலையோரம் வீசும் காற்று பாடலைத்தான் சொல்லப் போகிறான் என நினைத்திருந்த எனக்கு ஏமாற்றம். வா வெளியே! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7GaHluEYYo). சுபபந்துவராளி என்ற ராகத்தை எல்லோரும் சாந்தம், சோக உணர்வுக்காக மட்டுமே பயன்படுத்துகையில், ராஜா ஒரு போட்டிப்பாடலுக்கு துள்ளலுடன், இருவித தாளக்கட்டுக்களை அற்புதமாக உருவாக்கியிருக்கிறார் என்றான். கேட்டுப்பார்த்த போது அசந்து விட்டேன். பாலு-சித்ரா கூட்டணியில் இணைந்த ஆகச் சிறந்த பாடலாக எனக்கு இன்றையிலிருந்து இருக்கப்போகிறது வா வெளியே! நல்ல வேளை இந்த காலச்சூழ்நிலையில் இப் பாடல் உருவாக்கப்படவில்லை. ஏனெனில் பாலு, சித்ரா போன்ற சிறந்த பாடகர்களை பாட வைத்திருப்பார் என்பது ஐயமே.

rengs78
18th October 2010, 08:30 AM
Cool Venkki .... still when i listen to "Va veliye" song, i will get goosebumps. Thats the best in that movie when i listened for the very firtst time during 1987/88 and still its the best. For the last statement, Please listen to Chitra's "Unnai Vitaal" song from Jagan Mohini... :) IR still uses Chitra's voice wherver it is very apt. :) .. This song is very much power packed song for that movie ....

venkkiram
18th October 2010, 09:03 AM
மேற்குறிப்பிட்ட பதிவில் "வா வெளியே!" பாடலை நினைவு படுத்திய ரெங்கராஜனே (இதுவரை மையத்தை வாசிக்க மட்டுமே செய்தவர்) வெளியே(!) வந்து விட்டார். ராஜாவின் இணைய ரசிகர்களுக்கு ரெங்கராஜனை தெரிந்திருக்க வாய்ப்பு இருக்கிறது. ராஜாவின் தீவிர ரசிகர். அவரது இசையை சுவாசித்து வருபவர் எனச் சொல்லலாம். உங்கள் வரவு நல்வரவு ஆகுக!

Querida
18th October 2010, 10:00 AM
Cool Venkki .... still when i listen to "Va veliye" song, i will get goosebumps.

:exactly: thrilling violin interlude :musicsmile:

Wow I have not listened to this song in such a long time...takes me way back to listening to tape cassettes...where I knew not what any of the words meant but I knew I liked what I was listening to...to this day I wonder if it weren't for those cassettes always playing in my house whether I would have ever become this attached to IR's music...sorry too much rambling...

Always get a wonderfully wistful feeling with "Malayoram Veesum Kaatru" so soft and lonely...but that feeling of solace that we seek and enjoy. The flute calling like the kuyil...SPB's voice exquisitely sad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFTxUw2oDhY

tvsankar
18th October 2010, 10:24 AM
vaa veiliyae - indha paatin - SPB in humming ai kaetkum podhu,

one IR bhakthi song - kaaranam indri kannir varum

paatu nyabagam varum enaku.........

Vaa veliyilae - Violin is the Hero of this song...

Beats and the Violin - IR's Magic.........

Mood and the Feelings - IR is the KING......

dono about the raagam..

kaaranam indri kannir and vaa velilyae - same raaga i feel.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00539&lang=en

Querida
18th October 2010, 10:37 AM
kaaranam indri kannir and vaa velilyae - same raaga i feel.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00539&lang=en

Usha it is only fitting that I come to know this song from you...I cannot thank you enough for sharing :notworthy:...the opening itself beckoned the tears that lay hidden....IR's voice is the most fitting for this song...yet another melody that has found a home in my heart...

and yes I can see why you hear the similarities between the two songs...

tvsankar
18th October 2010, 10:40 AM
Que,
Malaiyoram - SPB - IR music la nalla irukaradhu onum
adhisayam ilaliyae....

SPB + IR - songs are excellent - always..

especially, telugu songs.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLK1i09LE5U&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYYChWqULbY

SPB's Rendition - Paints the Beauty of the songs....

tvsankar
18th October 2010, 10:42 AM
Que,
Thank u... IR paatai - oruthar solli,
oruthar rasicha

adhai vida - periya sandhosham indha ulagil
illai.............

tvsankar
18th October 2010, 10:48 AM
rengs78,

Neenga pudhusa...

Welcome to this thread.. pl share your
picks..

sila per matumae - IR's Rare songs ai solvanga...

andha list la neenga irukeenga....

Welcome............

tvsankar
18th October 2010, 11:58 AM
Vaa veliyae - indha paatai patri neraiya sollanam.

competition song for Hero and Heroine...

basic a - 2 perum - just padaravanga. so Carnatic depth irukadhu indha paatula.

inga dhan IR irukar.... But

Feelings and the Mood (Mood and the Feelings - idhu vera )

- Reaction.... idhai azhaga solra
oru Beautiful MD............

nitu_krishnan
18th October 2010, 12:50 PM
Maan kanden from raja rishi...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z5UfPVRg88

nice beginning with a chorus...IR plays the song's tune a bit in the start... beautifull rendition by KRY and VJ . violin bit in the first interlude really rocks....chorus singing parallely in the interludes and with the vocalists..amazing....

one of my all time fav...typical late 80 IR's duet song.

thumburu
18th October 2010, 05:16 PM
"aaLa asathum malliye malliye" - SPB and Vani in Raja's very sprightly Jog based composition. Guitar runs as a lifeline throughout the song and note how at the end of evry line, the guitar responds , simply superb!!! Flute, majestic trumpets and violins have their own say at appropriate places. SPB and Vani at their sensual, naughty best :)

Plum
18th October 2010, 05:18 PM
Vani at their sensual, naughty best
idhu mattum disagree. Vani is her usual prim, proper, pure self - free of any 'dirty' sensual hints.

Sureshs65
18th October 2010, 11:48 PM
"maan kanden" and "aala asatum". Both terrific compositions.

Was listening to the song titled "Vasantha Vela" from the Telugu movie "Khooni". What an amazing song. Unable to get any link. Will post a link soon.

prashanth12
19th October 2010, 05:23 AM
Well I was rewatching "Vaidegi Kaathirunthal" the other day.

Always remember "rasathi unnai" as the "famous" song from this movie. Upon rewatching though, I think the "Indraikku" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw_QPtG0Ky4) song is what I would choose as the favourite. Particularly like the gradual layering of instruments, voice, then percussion, during the introduction.

Querida
19th October 2010, 06:20 AM
Well I was rewatching "Vaidegi Kaathirunthal" the other day.

Always remember "rasathi unnai" as the "famous" song from this movie. Upon rewatching though, I think the "Indraikku" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw_QPtG0Ky4) song is what I would choose as the favourite. Particularly like the gradual layering of instruments, voice, then percussion, during the introduction.

Yes I too thought the same thing, until one day I heard "Indraikku" sung by Vani on some song program and only when I went back and searched for the song did I recognize its from the same movie. I think I overplayed "alagu malar aada" and so I will need to give it some time again to realize its charm.

jaiganes
19th October 2010, 08:28 AM
After tasting the sweet nandhaa nee en nilaa song on you tube, I was somehow reminded in charanam by a Raaja masterpiece "Ellorum sollum paattu" the moody melancholic song from "Marupadiyum". That set me off for the rest of the day just singing this song. It pulls at the heart so much that one cannot get out of the song at all fully. Then went off to do some lazy google researching that infomed me about the raaga of the song - sarasaangi. I dont know much about the raaga and its intricacies, but many google sources spoke about the ability of the raaga to pull the tugs of the heart by the raaga. Which led me to the last point in the journey (for the day) - All sarasaangi songs by Raaja in thiraipaadal.
What a Treat!!!!!!!
There you go for a solid 2 hours (counting twice that you are gonna hear these songs).

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/playlistirsongs.php?PLID=Sarasangi%20&lang=en

As usual with ilaiyaraaja, the has mostly used the raaga for lighter situations, romance etc., instead of using the raaga's innate quality to mellow down the heart and the cherry on top of the cake is "Endrendrum aanandhamE" - a club song in sarasaangi - which is a surprise if you count in the reactions from the www and youtube.

prashanth12
19th October 2010, 09:05 AM
On that topic, there are two other songs worth noting from that same movie. "Nalam Vaazha" and "Ellorukkum Nalla Kaalam". Both very contextual songs with lovely lyrics and composition. "Marupadiyum" is a great example of a director getting the most of the MD in terms of film-appropriate songs, but then, thats expected of Balu Mahendra.

tvsankar
19th October 2010, 11:41 AM
Marubadiyum - all are GEMS..

My pick is - aasa adhigam vechu - SJ

Wat a compositiion............

tvsankar
19th October 2010, 11:47 AM
Sarasangi - my most favourites are

1. Meenama meenama -

2. Malligayiae malligaiyae thoodhaga po

Ragathoda azhagai - romba nalla exhibit panni irupar indha 2 padalgalil........

especially, malligaiyae

each and every instrument has kamagam for the perfect result for this raagam.....

Flute's punctuation is amazing....... Thanks to HIM.........

Singers - Excellent job by them.....

solla marandhuten - Violin - Extraordinary notes for Sarasangi

chorus are - also in the raaga mood.........

vel
19th October 2010, 12:43 PM
Jaiganesh

you have got a musical brain then...nandha en nila is madhuvanthi / dharmavathi - it is not surprising that you dived to 'ellorum sollum paattu' in Sarasangi, as Sarasangi, Dharmavati and Chakravakam are all part of one grahabedham faimily - that is, when the aadhara sadjam is shifted, sarasangi yields dharmavathi / chakravagam.

check this out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graha_bedham

thumburu
19th October 2010, 02:41 PM
Vani at their sensual, naughty best
idhu mattum disagree. Vani is her usual prim, proper, pure self - free of any 'dirty' sensual hints.
oh!!! இதுக்கு objection வரும்னு mild aa ஒரு doubt இருன்துது. ஆனா Vani அம்ம்ணி இன்த மாதிரி வெகு சில பாட்டுக்கு மட்டும் கொஞச்ம் தாராளமாவெ "pheel" பண்ணின மாதிரி தான் இருக்கு

tvsankar
19th October 2010, 09:04 PM
Andha kanji kalayatha

Folk song of IR - epadi irukum.. Ipadi westernize a irukum..

Karthick and Soundharya - Sweet pair..

SPB and SJ - Excellent.........

Soundharya vin ninaivaga... indha paatai parthen inniki.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRsqUijdkj4&feature=related

jaiganes
19th October 2010, 09:35 PM
Jaiganesh

you have got a musical brain then...nandha en nila is madhuvanthi / dharmavathi - it is not surprising that you dived to 'ellorum sollum paattu' in Sarasangi, as Sarasangi, Dharmavati and Chakravakam are all part of one grahabedham faimily - that is, when the aadhara sadjam is shifted, sarasangi yields dharmavathi / chakravagam.

check this out - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graha_bedham

Thanks for the compliment!! The best I have received in this month!!
I was indeed puzzled when I read that ellorum sollum paattu was sarasaangi. offcourse i knew nothing about grahabedham. it is enlightening indeed!!
As raagas (hubber) wonders, it is just 7 notes, but how various threads are pulled together and colored differently to give divergent musical patterns is certainly stuff of magic !!

Sureshs65
19th October 2010, 09:39 PM
Listening to the songs of 'Akka'. What tunes!!! First I must express my thanks once again to Rajasaranam who dug up this treasure. As Rajasaranam one said, "Raja has understood Akka better than the director of the movie"!!! Very true words indeed. Though the orchestration is modern, Raja keeps the essence of her sayings intact. The way he tunes "enagekayya" is top class. Starting off like a siddar padal, 'nandavanthil or andi' he then goes on to put his own stamp on the song, which also reflects the philosophy of Akka Mahadevi. Wonderful effort.

To watch and listen to this song, here is the upload of Rajasaranam:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DB023EA4473CD7F0

If you read and understand Tamil, you should head to this blog post of Rajasaranam to get the meaning for these songs. Great job done by RS.

http://pulikesi.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/scribbles-on-akka/

jaiganes
19th October 2010, 09:45 PM
Listening to the songs of 'Akka'. What tunes!!! First I must express my thanks once again to Rajasaranam who dug up this treasure. As Rajasaranam one said, "Raja has understood Akka better than the director of the movie"!!! Very true words indeed. Though the orchestration is modern, Raja keeps the essence of her sayings intact. The way he tunes "enagekayya" is top class. Starting off like a siddar padal, 'nandavanthil or andi' he then goes on to put his own stamp on the song, which also reflects the philosophy of Akka Mahadevi. Wonderful effort.

To watch and listen to this song, here is the upload of Rajasaranam:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DB023EA4473CD7F0

If you read and understand Tamil, you should head to this blog post of Rajasaranam to get the meaning for these songs. Great job done by RS.

http://pulikesi.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/scribbles-on-akka/

The ending flute post lude for "Indra neela" is again transporter stuff...

jaiganes
19th October 2010, 10:01 PM
One more kannada tribal stuff
from bhoomi geethe. Tribal and new age mix..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ4R2MY2jfA
Very nice song.

Sureshs65
19th October 2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the 'Bhoomi Geethe' link Jai. Was searching for it earlier. Looks like someone has loaded it only recently. Unfortunately it doesn't have the visuals, which are very good. Wonderful song. Infact every song from this movie is a gem.

Yes. The ending flute of 'indraneela' is superb and when you watch it with the visuals, it is even more striking.

Querida
20th October 2010, 09:40 AM
Andha kanji kalayatha

Folk song of IR - epadi irukum.. Ipadi westernize a irukum..

Karthick and Soundharya - Sweet pair..

SPB and SJ - Excellent.........

Soundharya vin ninaivaga... indha paatai parthen inniki.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRsqUijdkj4&feature=related

Hey Usha :D

Great pick, have heard this song before but didn't know it was Soundharya-Karthik movie....
funny whenever I think of Soundarya I actually am reminded of the duet "Nenjukule Innarendu" song also with Karthik :)

It's so cute the lyrics travel well along with the beat =) The flute dances along and the violin leaps along like a rushing stream :musicsmile:

The part when SPB sings and the flute answers...so sweet!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xVGpDmA4lE

tvsankar
20th October 2010, 12:48 PM
Que,
Thnaks for the link.Nenjukulae - lovely no.

En servant ponnuku (married 2 kids iruku..) vandhadhaum
avaloda first request - Ilaiyaraja paatu vainga akka.

Nenjukulae song - neraiya time vainga. enaku romba pidikum.
avalukaga daily vechuduven.. hahhahaha.

Flute - IR - Memerises me always.........

tvsankar
20th October 2010, 12:50 PM
Soundharya - nyabagam vandhitadhu..
yenu theiryalai... think of Her .. really..

Big and Beautiful eyes..Innocent face.. smile.

i love her a lot............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLl8j1EuMjM

tvsankar
20th October 2010, 01:34 PM
Enai enna seidhai venguzhalae

Carnatic songs - IR - Ellam ivar controlae.... violin, flute, beats ellam - under HIS Control.. This is the very Special skill..

Unara matumae mudiyum...... solla mudiyadhu..........

Sudha Raghunadhan - Sweet rendition.

Soundharya - so sweet....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uul2u5eb2to

raj_musing
20th October 2010, 10:59 PM
A RARE PICK. NEVER HEARD THIS BEFORE:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OLXuiTFZVg&feature=related