Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The dictator

Hybrid View

Senior Member Platinum Hubber pavalamani pragasam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The dictator

He is a veritable dictator. An unrelenting tyrant. A typical despot. He keeps me on my toes round the clock. He doesn’t give me a second’s time of respite. I am compelled to dance to his tunes. His peremptory orders are to be carried out instantly. He permits no arguments, no alternatives, no adjournments.

He has turned my world topsy-turvy. Utter chaos prevails where everything remained spick and span formerly. There is no stopping his trespasses. He stalks nonchalantly my domain with authority and audacity.

His menu is exotic, exacting and extraordinary. And often impossible. He is highly temperamental. His moods swing from shrieking joy to screaming pathos. He is all hugs and kisses one minute and races into a brutal beating spree the next, sparing no part of the body. Caught inside this whirlpool of tantrums, a total surrender is the only way out.

His preference rules in TV channel surfing. His touring pleasures are to be carried out immediately. His incessant questions have to be answered in the most convincing way. His mind is filled with a never-dying curiosity of the keenest kind. His non-stop battery of unworldly demands keeps me for ever on the alert in order to have them readily executed. No use trying to question the priority of his wishes over mine.

No beauty sleeps for me if it does not please His Majesty. I am expected to be his obedient playmate in what game his fancy is attracted to at the moment. The rascal laughingly turns a blind eye to my being a panting, puffing pair to his rapturously giddying pirouettes. His strong predilection for boisterous pranks keeps me in a state of constant terror.

Still, I run his errands with pleasure. His commands are obeyed implicitly. I keep aside my pet projects, personal preferences and favourite pastimes to make myself available when the lord wants my company. Strangely though,I have no complaints, no grudges.

The most unpredictable tornado happens to be my first darling grandson who has learnt to wind me round his little finger – old enough to articulate intelligently his whims and fancies. AND he has a LONG line of successors just waiting to catch up with him. Am I not content to be engulfed into the most endearing serfdom of the chastest pleasures of love!
    Eager to watch the trends of the world & to nurture in the youth who carry the future world on their shoulders a right sense of values.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber malligai's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    PP,

//His touring pleasures are to be carried out immediately. His incessant questions have to be answered in the most convincing way.//

Only around here, i guessed that it could be one of ur grandchildren...hahaha...yess, they could be such tyrants at times..but how willing we r to heed to their beck and call...

and ofcourse ur grandson is lucky to have such a wonderful grandma...no wonder we dont see u a lot in the hub...

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Surya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

?

Any particular Dictator that you wanna talking about? 8)
    Back after a while...

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cygnus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    pAtti vIttup paraNil kudaiyai kaNdu pidithathum ivarthAnA
    antha metaphor(if so) innum viLakkavillaiyE PP!

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

The lucky dictator!

The dictator is lucky that he could get a grandma who knows the value of the culture in which he happened to be born. Now the tamil-cultured grandma can give him a head-start lesson on the real meaning of democracy. He is sure in a good grandma hands! Lucky him

Senior Member Regular Hubber Cindy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi PP

How life is changed when there is a kid at home....right?... and yes... the curiosity and the questions they ask...

My kid is just 2-1/2-year-old and sometimes he puts me in real trouble with his questions...and some statements in public...

He has a bad habit of coming to the kitchen and take salt from the shelf and eat it..as some mitthai... I warned him in the morning that he shouldnt eat salt and i will beat him if i see him eating salt anymore... and in the evening when i had guests and they were served some soup... the eldest among them took the salt springler and my kid grabbed it and kept in its stand.... and told him "do not eat salt...my mom will beat you..."

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Discipline your son with the rod so that he doesn't bring disgrace on you at your old age". 8)

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Razole, Razole taluqa, East Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rod treament can also give negative resluts. Children may develop hatred on their parents after growing up. Love on children is very much better than rod treatment.
    If we have done nothing wrong, we need not fear about criticisms of any one.
    Praveen Kumar Mandangi
    http://geocities.com/praveenmandangi...enmandangi.jpg

Senior Member Platinum Hubber Shakthiprabha.'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    pp madam,

First intro 2 lines, says it all. No extra effort needed to guess the tyrant dictator ( I have one who wants me to dance to her tunes)

Children are fun, more interesting when they start orating with us. I ve been brought up as only child, hence always was never too fond of holding children. During travels, if i find any toddler, or his/her parenst sit next to me, I politely smile and immy gaze out, before they could pick a conversation with me. It used to be awkward when children will actually call me, and smile at me, and try to befriend me. All I used to do is again, politely smile and ignore the friendly calls.

I COULD NEVER GET ALONG WITH BABIES WHO CANNOT TALK. After 2 to 3 years of age, when they start expressing themselves then children are FUN.

My daugher was the first kid, I ever carried. When no one is around, I woudl quietly endear her and try to fondle her.

My fondling woudl never be meaningless "chikku, kutti etc". My way of fondling would be LITERAL TALKING like how we talk to elder children.

So much so, even now I feel, I started loving my daughter more from the age of 3, when she was sweet enough to express herself, and thirsty with knowledge to question me, thereby helping me get into useful conversation with her.

As for rod treatment, I AM NOT SURE. "Spare the rod and spoil the child"- so they say!

A parent need not use rod, I GUESS scolding them or hitting them harmlessly (but harsh enough) on their back, ONCE A WHILE, would be sufficient.

__

I conclude with a THANKS note to mandangi, for bringing such nice thread from the OLD RACKS!

THX.. MANDANGI...and did I say WELCOME TO FORUM HUB!

WELCOME

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my friends was visiting his relatives place in Chennai. He comes from LA and had brought his 3-1/2 year old girl along. At one point of time he wanted to take a picture and asked the girl to stand along with everyone for a pose. the little girl said that it will not come well and suggested and alternative angle
    My friend was astonished and said that everyone has to be in the picture and asked her to comply. The little girl shot back "You think you are the only smart one around!!!!" For a moment there was a heavy silence and all of us burst out into laughter at the over the top dialogue from a little girl!!!! My friend had to use some hard tactic to make her realize the folly of her statement later, but the incident was definitely one worth remembering.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast