Thread: Kugan's Kitchen Part 7

Threaded View

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    vegetarians please share how you include the following from food sources. i have mentioned how i do

Vitamin B12

Fermented foods like neer agaram, hope idli also has, curd.

milk and eggs (i eat eggs)

Zinc

Sunflower seeds, nuts like cashews , peanuts have little beans and lentils have only little

Iron

The type of iron vegetarians get is nonheme which is not absorbed readily. it does with the help of vitamin C which we get from fruits. all dark green leafs, raisins, dates, prunes, figs,quinoa have little. seasoning with iron vessels. after doing all this i will always be diagnosed as anemic. which means still these things are not enough.

Protein

Even though our dal, beans have protein in them its always combined with carbs so total calories shoot up also its not helping weight reduction. is it good to eat non fat milk? they say non fat milk are highly processed so that they cud remove fat molecules. tofu also has only 7 grams protein for a serving size. egg just 6 gms with all the fat.

I am vegetarian from child hood but my hubby turned vegetarian for 8 months. he is putting on weight with vegetarian food, hair started falling and getting gray hairs. also white dry patches in legs which one friend (Dr) told is lack of Zinc.

any vegetarians out there who have achieved muscle mass and fat reduction in body? please share your tips. my hubby is diabetic but from type 1 it became type 2 and a year back even without tablets it was normal due to healthy diet with lean meat fish and vege food. now he turned to vegetarian and putting on weight also blood sugar not as balanced as it was before.

comparatively i see a majority of non vegetarians have good hair though there are rare cases.

i know this is not the forum to discuss but since i find many vegetarians over here i thought i will ask.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement