PDA

View Full Version : IR News and Other Titbits Ver.2009

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Sureshs65
6th August 2009, 11:17 PM
CRV,

As you would probably know, "Prem Kahani" music is out and I am loving it. An album with great variety. The FM channels are regularly playing 'Rangu Rangu' and 'Hodadavane'. These songs have been picturised well. The movie is also being publicized quite well. Lets hope the movie does well.

Rangu Rangu song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rrmmyvs1ZPE

Kogile Koogu Baa:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_zzYr2pows&feature=related

Hodadavane:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHSpqVaud80&feature=related

AravindMano
7th August 2009, 09:53 AM
Brilliant article on Raja. http://solvanam.com/?p=1299

rajasaranam
7th August 2009, 12:45 PM
Brilliant article on Raja. http://solvanam.com/?p=1299

Aahhaa... A Subject Sudy Which I always wanted to Do. Beautifully written article on the connection between Rail & Raaja. I think he has covered everything I wanted to :)

I have a doubt this author is also the author of http://venuvanamsuka.blogspot.com/ who is going to direct 'Padithurai' with music of Raaja.

Hulkster
7th August 2009, 12:48 PM
The author for the solvanam article happens to be violin vicky. :D

Should have guessed by the way it was written.

http://raagadevan.blogspot.com/2009/08/train-journey-with-ilaiyaraaja.html

krish244
12th August 2009, 07:04 PM
IR reportedly said this in a launch function!

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/news/Aug09/89Isaignani-takes-a-dig-at-A-R-Rahman.aspx

"Speaking at the launch, Ilaiyaraaja said that "Some persons claim that all the fame 'goes' to the Lord. This is wrong; why would be a God be in need of fame. Isn't He the one who showers on us fame and popularity and money? How can we 'return' to Him the fame given to us by Him? It won't be proper at all!""

thanks,

Krishnan

Sanjeevi
12th August 2009, 07:17 PM
:lol:

typical Raaja's speech

jaiganes
12th August 2009, 09:10 PM
IR reportedly said this in a launch function!

http://www.chennaionline.com/film/news/Aug09/89Isaignani-takes-a-dig-at-A-R-Rahman.aspx

"Speaking at the launch, Ilaiyaraaja said that "Some persons claim that all the fame 'goes' to the Lord. This is wrong; why would be a God be in need of fame. Isn't He the one who showers on us fame and popularity and money? How can we 'return' to Him the fame given to us by Him? It won't be proper at all!""

thanks,

Krishnan

Read in the context it is apropos and is what Milton said in 'On his blindness'

natha1729
12th August 2009, 10:46 PM
If you look at the statement ella pugazhum iraivanukke from a spiritual clarity, it means one needs to give all fortune to God so that you don't become deluded that you are THE God of music. We are all varying manifestations of the supreme, but many things such as fear, pride, anger greed and selfishness which comprise the ego cloud the realization that we are all one and one's success is what another would've achieved, one's failures must also be another's human being's failure. So, keeping that equanimity is what Rahman does best, success or failure all aspects of life it is salvation to do in the name of God and to attribute it to God and to surrender that to God! Some actions are difficult to deal with, some are easy, some we prepare for, but you think of God nothing really matters.

app_engine
12th August 2009, 10:52 PM
I wish people stop inviting him to give speeches on stage :-(

irir123
12th August 2009, 11:23 PM
I wish people stop inviting him to give speeches on stage :-(

:thumbsup:

IR = confused spiritual seeker getting his priorities mixed up pretty bad

jaiganes
12th August 2009, 11:45 PM
If you look at the statement ella pugazhum iraivanukke from a spiritual clarity, it means one needs to give all fortune to God so that you don't become deluded that you are THE God of music. We are all varying manifestations of the supreme, but many things such as fear, pride, anger greed and selfishness which comprise the ego cloud the realization that we are all one and one's success is what another would've achieved, one's failures must also be another's human being's failure. So, keeping that equanimity is what Rahman does best, success or failure all aspects of life it is salvation to do in the name of God and to attribute it to God and to surrender that to God! Some actions are difficult to deal with, some are easy, some we prepare for, but you think of God nothing really matters.

Two schools of thought - both appropriate - If GOD has given the intelligence/talent that yields you the fame and fortune, your best use of that talent alone is what GOD expects, not the fame you got by using the talent given by 'HIM'. Idhu dhaan Milton sonna, Jesus bible kadhaila sonna principle. I felt reiterating that is not a bad thing. Raaja genuinely feels that ARR deserves to receive all the praise he is getting and the fame need not go to the maker. ARR and his works are the dedication to the maker. it is a simbil thaththuvam but has every chance of getting misinterpreted by people from all camps.

app_engine
12th August 2009, 11:51 PM
jaiganesh,
The problem is not so much in the thaththuvam but mainly in the setting :-(

He can always have a different opinion on ARR's thathuvams but he should tell ARR directly what he wants to tell him and not to the public.

Quoting / referring ARR when he's not in the location sounds like mu-ka / JJ aRikkais :-( That too when ARR acts so nicely with him, IR makes his envy too obvious IMO.

jaiganes
13th August 2009, 12:04 AM
sari vidunga - Kamesh will come back from the function and post the actual context. adhu varaikkum sabai kalayalaam

Appu s
13th August 2009, 12:09 AM

Two schools of thought - both appropriate - If GOD has given the intelligence/talent that yields you the fame and fortune, your best use of that talent alone is what GOD expects, not the fame you got by using the talent given by 'HIM'. Idhu dhaan Milton sonna, Jesus bible kadhaila sonna principle. I felt reiterating that is not a bad thing. Raaja genuinely feels that ARR deserves to receive all the praise he is getting and the fame need not go to the maker. ARR and his works are the dedication to the maker. it is a simbil thaththuvam but has every chance of getting misinterpreted by people from all camps.

he could have tell this on the felicitation stage infront of ARR :) ARR would have replied a smile :)

jaiganes
13th August 2009, 12:43 AM

he could have tell this on the felicitation stage infront of ARR :) ARR would have replied a smile :)

Ofcourse that is the beauty of ARR .

rajasaranam
13th August 2009, 11:06 AM
jaiganesh,

He can always have a different opinion on ARR's thathuvams but he should tell ARR directly what he wants to tell him and not to the public.

Quoting / referring ARR when he's not in the location sounds like mu-ka / JJ aRikkais :-( That too when ARR acts so nicely with him, IR makes his envy too obvious IMO.

Exactly my thoughts! Konja Naalaikku thalaivar kitta irunthu Mike'a maraichu vaingappa :D

As an afterthought. According to the Theory of 'a_e' Raaja is in a boisterous mood and we can expect more musically from him. Good for fans :lol:

kameshratnam
13th August 2009, 04:43 PM
http://losangelesram.blogspot.com/2009/08/blog-post_12.html

Wednesday, August 12, 2009
சீச்சீ! இந்தப் பழம் புளிக்கும்!
யூட்யூபில் ஒரு 'அருமையான' பாடல் காட்சி பார்த்தேன்!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCOzDE3cyrM

நீங்களும் பார்த்து சிரியுங்கள்!

'எல்லாப் புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே' என்று சொல்வதெல்லாம் அபத்தம். இறைவனுக்கு எதற்காக எக்ஸ்ட்ரா புகழ்?' என்று இளையராஜா திருவாய் மலர்ந்து அருளினாராம்!

ரஹ்மானை இடிப்பதாக நினைத்துக்கொண்டு ராஜா இப்படிச் சொல்லியிருப்பது காழ்ப்பின் உச்ச கட்டம். கண்டிக்கத் தக்கது.

ஏ. ஆர். ரஹ்மான் 'எல்லாப் புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே' என்று அடிக்கடி சொல்வது அடக்கத்தின் காரணமாக அல்லவா? இந்து ஆன்மீகவாதிகள் 'ஸர்வம் கிருஷ்ணார்ப்பணம்' என்று சொல்வது போலத்தானே இதுவும்?

பல பூஜை மந்திரங்களின் முடிவில் 'நமஹ: ந மம' என்று சொல்லி முடிப்பதுண்டு. (இறைவா, உன்னை நமஸ்கரிக்கிறேன். ஆனால் இதனால் ஏற்படுகின்ற நல்வினைகள் கூட என்னைச் சார்ந்தவை அல்ல, இறைவனாகிய உன்னையே சார்ந்தவை என்பது பொருள். 'அந்த பூஜை செய்து விட்டேன், இந்த பூஜையை பிரமாதமாக முடித்து விட்டேன் என்று நமக்குள் கர்வம் வந்து விடலாகாது என்பதற்காக!)

தினந்தோறும் செய்யப்பட வேண்டிய சந்தியாவந்தன மந்திரங்களின் முடிவில், 'காயேனவாசா ...' என்றொரு மந்திரம் உண்டு. தியான மந்திரங்கள் சொல்லும்போது எங்கேயோ பராக்கு பார்த்துக்கொண்டோ, அசிரத்தையாகவோ, கொட்டாவி விட்டுக் கொண்டோ, எதையோ நினைத்து மனத்தை அலைபாய விட்டுக் கொண்டோ செய்திருந்தால் அதற்கு மன்னிப்பு கேட்டுக் கொண்டு, 'எல்லாமே உன் காலடியில் தான்' என்று பொருள்படும்படி, "ஸர்வம் ஸ்ரீநாராயணாயேதி சமர்ப்பயாமி' என்று முடிப்பது வழக்கம்.

இந்து தியான முறைகள், வழிபாடெல்லாவற்றிலும் மிகுந்த நம்பிக்கை இருப்பதாக சொல்லிக்கொள்ளும், திருவண்ணாமலையே கதி என்று கிடக்கும் இசை'ஞானி'யா இப்படி நடந்து கொள்வது?

எங்கேயோ பயங்கரமா பொசுங்கற வாசனை வருதில்ல ?!

crajkumar_be
13th August 2009, 05:05 PM
jaiganesh,

Agree a_e
Disappointed again :(

Inga palar solra maaadhiri, ivar irukkara 1 KM radius la mike a kondu pogakkoodadhu!

jaiganes
13th August 2009, 08:40 PM
http://losangelesram.blogspot.com/2009/08/blog-post_12.html

Wednesday, August 12, 2009
சீச்சீ! இந்தப் பழம் புளிக்கும்!
யூட்யூபில் ஒரு 'அருமையான' பாடல் காட்சி பார்த்தேன்!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCOzDE3cyrM

நீங்களும் பார்த்து சிரியுங்கள்!

'எல்லாப் புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே' என்று சொல்வதெல்லாம் அபத்தம். இறைவனுக்கு எதற்காக எக்ஸ்ட்ரா புகழ்?' என்று இளையராஜா திருவாய் மலர்ந்து அருளினாராம்!

ரஹ்மானை இடிப்பதாக நினைத்துக்கொண்டு ராஜா இப்படிச் சொல்லியிருப்பது காழ்ப்பின் உச்ச கட்டம். கண்டிக்கத் தக்கது.

ஏ. ஆர். ரஹ்மான் 'எல்லாப் புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே' என்று அடிக்கடி சொல்வது அடக்கத்தின் காரணமாக அல்லவா? இந்து ஆன்மீகவாதிகள் 'ஸர்வம் கிருஷ்ணார்ப்பணம்' என்று சொல்வது போலத்தானே இதுவும்?

பல பூஜை மந்திரங்களின் முடிவில் 'நமஹ: ந மம' என்று சொல்லி முடிப்பதுண்டு. (இறைவா, உன்னை நமஸ்கரிக்கிறேன். ஆனால் இதனால் ஏற்படுகின்ற நல்வினைகள் கூட என்னைச் சார்ந்தவை அல்ல, இறைவனாகிய உன்னையே சார்ந்தவை என்பது பொருள். 'அந்த பூஜை செய்து விட்டேன், இந்த பூஜையை பிரமாதமாக முடித்து விட்டேன் என்று நமக்குள் கர்வம் வந்து விடலாகாது என்பதற்காக!)

தினந்தோறும் செய்யப்பட வேண்டிய சந்தியாவந்தன மந்திரங்களின் முடிவில், 'காயேனவாசா ...' என்றொரு மந்திரம் உண்டு. தியான மந்திரங்கள் சொல்லும்போது எங்கேயோ பராக்கு பார்த்துக்கொண்டோ, அசிரத்தையாகவோ, கொட்டாவி விட்டுக் கொண்டோ, எதையோ நினைத்து மனத்தை அலைபாய விட்டுக் கொண்டோ செய்திருந்தால் அதற்கு மன்னிப்பு கேட்டுக் கொண்டு, 'எல்லாமே உன் காலடியில் தான்' என்று பொருள்படும்படி, "ஸர்வம் ஸ்ரீநாராயணாயேதி சமர்ப்பயாமி' என்று முடிப்பது வழக்கம்.

இந்து தியான முறைகள், வழிபாடெல்லாவற்றிலும் மிகுந்த நம்பிக்கை இருப்பதாக சொல்லிக்கொள்ளும், திருவண்ணாமலையே கதி என்று கிடக்கும் இசை'ஞானி'யா இப்படி நடந்து கொள்வது?

எங்கேயோ பயங்கரமா பொசுங்கற வாசனை வருதில்ல ?!

indha aalu sariyaana mokkaipaa.
praayaschiththamaa kuththam kurai irundhaa mannichukkonnu solradhukkum, nalla vandhu irukku adhu onakku nivedhanam appdingradhukkum uLLA mukkiyamaana verubaadu theriyaama olarugiraar.
mark the words of raaja - he says 'ellaaP pugazhum iraivanukkE' is a 'unnadhamaana concept' If he says it is 'unnadhamaana' does it mean he is putting it down - he is saying his interpretation. Adhu sonnaa posungudhu karugudhunnuttu indha maadhiri tharkurigal pulambaradhum, adhai naama indha forumla apologeticaa diskuss panradhum 'azhudhu konde sirikkindRen ' style dhaan pa.

Plum
13th August 2009, 08:54 PM
i am tired of discussing IR's character. As I said before, just let him be. Ippo enna, Rahman, MSV maadhiri humility illa, avLO dhaanE? Irundhuttu pogattumE...vudungappa!

I'll flip it and say there is no artificiality about IR, what you see is what you get.

eagle
13th August 2009, 09:11 PM
i second that!!!

if he is jealous of rahman's success than please explain his appreciation of rahman after the oscars... it seems some people are just waiting for the opportunity to pull his legs....

mind u... he has reservations about the way rahman projecting indian music & he openly said that in more than one occasion.

Sureshs65
13th August 2009, 09:46 PM
Yes, Plum. I am also tired of this unnecessary dissection. As Jai had pointed out, he was giving his interpretation of a phrase which Raja agreed was in good intention. Similarly vel has pointed out that the earlier song from 'Azhagar Malai' was probably picturized long back. Hence trying to tie it up with recent happenings is just the work of people who are looking for such an opportunity. As you said, let him be.

K
13th August 2009, 10:29 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/08/13-jagan-mohini-audio-raja-rocks-again.html

Sureshs65
14th August 2009, 10:42 AM
We were discussing about Shreya Goshal being one of the best singers in the post-SPB generation. Here is a nice interview with her in which she talks about the current trends and also about working with Raja. Looks like she has sung a nice song in the movie 'Suryakanthi', which has music by Raja.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2009/08/14/stories/2009081451250100.htm

Sanjeevi
14th August 2009, 11:19 AM
Shreya :notworthy:

she never fails to mention Raaja

raagas
14th August 2009, 11:24 AM
Now what is this Suryakanthi? When is it coming?

Sureshs65
14th August 2009, 11:42 AM
'Suryakanthi' is the movie made by Chaitanya, the same guy who made 'Aa Dinagalu'. The movie has music by Raja and I read reports that Yograj Bhat has written the lyrics. In another article the same interviewer had stated that Kunal Ganjawala and Shreya have sung a Broadway musical type of song for 'Suryakanthi'. Should expect this movie towards end of this year or early next year.

rajasaranam
14th August 2009, 03:58 PM
Agree a_e

Inga palar solra maaadhiri, ivar irukkara 1 KM radius la mike a kondu pogakkoodadhu!

Naanthaan sonen Naanthaan sonen :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:
But paadrathukku mattum kodukalaam :D

app_engine
14th August 2009, 05:48 PM
[tscii:0e7de2a45c]

I’m not anxious about my song going to someone else.

the track played to me has been sung beautifully and I insist they retain it.

I feel the singer has already done justice to the song. I’ve done this twice and have been able to convince the music director to retain the voice of the track singer.

:clap: :clap:

[/tscii:0e7de2a45c]

kameshratnam
14th August 2009, 07:47 PM
PAZHASSIRAJA UPDATES
+Release@Sept.18 or 20
+More than 500 prints
+26 Crore budjet
+Film in Malayalam,Hindi,Tamil& Telugu languages
+No English version...Hindi version with English sub titles will be released worldwide(It is not 100% confirmed)
+Release @ 125 stations@Kerala
+100 prints in Tamilnadu
+Asianet offered 2.75Crore for Satellite rights..Amritha TV is also in the race
+Trailors and songs will be aired from Sept.1
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

app_engine
14th August 2009, 08:56 PM
[tscii:0723e0de5d]http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090814/REVIEW/708139983/1007

One glaring example of this deficiency is Mathai’s failure to distinguish Rahman’s music from that of Ilayaraja, the regnant south Indian composer of the 1980s. Working across the four south Indian States, Ilayaraja established a definitive sound over literally hundreds of films, a sound that every film director wanted and that every south Indian music director aimed to replicate. Its techniques relied upon the Western orchestral model, but its soul was deeply south Indian, oscillating between the region’s folk and classical identities – which is why many Tamil cinema purists still plump for Ilayaraja, but also why his forays into Bollywood were so circumscribed.

It was Ilayaraja’s mould – lush, orchestral, created in performance – that Rahman broke with his electronic sounds, relative minimalism, emphasised solos and computer-aided assemblies. After Roja, Rahman’s sound caught on so fast, and so powerfully, that Ilayaraja lost his dominance over big-banner films within a couple of years and never regained it. Rahman, meanwhile, moved from strength to assimilative strength

Whether palatable or not, one has to agree with this observation of the reviewer!
[/tscii:0723e0de5d]

kiru
15th August 2009, 02:55 AM
app..the reviewer of the Rahman biography you quoted above I feel probably knows more about music than the author of the biography. Many a times biographies are done by sycophants or selfish people who want to capitalize on the popularity of their subject. The reviewer (Subramanian) asks very good questions too :-)
(And btw, to me it is very palatable ..I've gotten over IR's lack of pan-Indian/International non-success. I am sure IR is happy and knows where he stands. That is all we need in our professional career - we need to be sure about ourselves and only later money/fame comes).

irir123
15th August 2009, 05:19 AM
PAZHASSIRAJA UPDATES
+Release@Sept.18 or 20
+More than 500 prints
+26 Crore budjet
+Film in Malayalam,Hindi,Tamil& Telugu languages
+No English version...Hindi version with English sub titles will be released worldwide(It is not 100% confirmed)
+Release @ 125 stations@Kerala
+100 prints in Tamilnadu
+Asianet offered 2.75Crore for Satellite rights..Amritha TV is also in the race
+Trailors and songs will be aired from Sept.1
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

a link for the same wud be appreciated - thx for the same

Hulkster
15th August 2009, 09:41 AM
[tscii:d40aa2c499]http://www.thenational.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090814/REVIEW/708139983/1007

One glaring example of this deficiency is Mathai’s failure to distinguish Rahman’s music from that of Ilayaraja, the regnant south Indian composer of the 1980s. Working across the four south Indian States, Ilayaraja established a definitive sound over literally hundreds of films, a sound that every film director wanted and that every south Indian music director aimed to replicate. Its techniques relied upon the Western orchestral model, but its soul was deeply south Indian, oscillating between the region’s folk and classical identities – which is why many Tamil cinema purists still plump for Ilayaraja, but also why his forays into Bollywood were so circumscribed.

It was Ilayaraja’s mould – lush, orchestral, created in performance – that Rahman broke with his electronic sounds, relative minimalism, emphasised solos and computer-aided assemblies. After Roja, Rahman’s sound caught on so fast, and so powerfully, that Ilayaraja lost his dominance over big-banner films within a couple of years and never regained it. Rahman, meanwhile, moved from strength to assimilative strength

Whether palatable or not, one has to agree with this observation of the reviewer!
[/tscii:d40aa2c499]

Well its true to a extent, but thalaivar does not exactly have a south indian sound i would say. I think his style of music is totally something not alot of musical experts have seen before. It is a total package right from the tune to the orchestration that only speaks his way no matter what song he does. You can see that when you listen to his hindustani raag based songs and certain westernised songs. Calling ilamai idho idho south indian would be a blasphemy. And the part about losing big banner films shows his weak knowledge. Its well known thalaivar moved away from rajini and most big budget masala films as he wanted to focus on story based movies.

Sureshs65
15th August 2009, 11:21 AM
a_e,

It is definitely well known that Rahman's sound did sweep all over Tamil Nadu first and later Hindi Film Music. There can be no denying that. Raja's loss of big banners was probably a combination of many factors. His own disagreements with Maniratnam, KB, BR and Rajini as well as new directors like Sankar seeking Rahman. So his loss of big banners cannot be solely attributed to Rahman's coming but that did contribute. That Rahman shook the foundations of the then established music establishment is undeniable.

Musically speaking, Rahman created a new sound, which as the writer says, caught the imagination of the people. As to whether musically there was a big progression, that is a debatable question. It was 'different' but was it 'better' will always be debated. Which conclusion you come to will depend on which side of the fence you are :)

The other aspect which I always find funny is equating success with success in Bollywood films. I generally find this a laughable criteria. If you succeed in Bombay, as Rahman did, is indeed laudable but not succeeding in Bombay held as a criteria for you not being a 'good enough' music director is ridiculous to say the least. I am OK with success being applauded but making that the only major criteria seems a bit too much of a simplification. Because Raja did not succeed in Hindi doesn't mean the MDs of 80s Bollywood like LP, Anu Malik etc are superior to Raja!! :) I believe we need to access the quality of music delivered and not whether it reached the Hindi audience, as if they were the only ones who can appreciate good music :D

Hulkster
15th August 2009, 12:25 PM
There are alot of reasons why thalaivar did not "succeed" in Bollywood.

One is choice of films, second is that a rumour mentioning bollywood's ignorance of the south(at that time there was a strong divide, rahman changed it). Third is that thalaivar was not interested in bollywood films or the best reason, bollywood directors/producers preferred the current sound of rahman and many others(electronic music). Thalaivar has not done more than 6/7 movies during his stellar career in bollywood.

Amazingly here is a side note for indirect success. Contemporary MDs at that time, A-M and Anu Malik reused thalaivar's tunes and made them hits there(doesn't that conclude that thalaivar is not "south-indianish"). It does show that bollywood did notice thalaivar but intentionally/unintentionally did not want to use him.

Sureshs65
15th August 2009, 01:49 PM
Hulk,

While there may be many reasons why Raja did not succeed up North, my contention is that we not worry about it when we are evaluating his music. I am seriously not concerned about his lack of success beyond South India. What he has delivered musically is on par with what any great MD has delivered in any part of India at any point in time!!

kameshratnam
15th August 2009, 06:26 PM
Raja didnt even try going up to the north just for the reason because he was so busy in the north also bear in mind that when Raaja was composing sym and was busy with it..ARR came up during that stage.......he missed and it was solely because of his jalaras

I maintain and will maintain that IR has still only jalaras near him.....No one has dared to tell him certain facts.....His music cds are not available and then for people to know more they have to be available..

Hulkster
16th August 2009, 07:50 AM
Raja didnt even try going up to the north just for the reason because he was so busy in the north also bear in mind that when Raaja was composing sym and was busy with it..ARR came up during that stage.......he missed and it was solely because of his jalaras

I maintain and will maintain that IR has still only jalaras near him.....No one has dared to tell him certain facts.....His music cds are not available and then for people to know more they have to be available..

Sureshji, yup we should not worry. I feel ashamed that i would like to think thalaivar as successful in bollywood like he is some upcoming MD. One who has already conquered the global stage does not need to go down to prove himself.

@Kamesh
And when you have a symphony with RPO and a chance in bollywood which one seems attractive? Remember that thalaivar is a composer and the pinnacle of any composer is a symphony which he completed in 1 month. Success is a old friend of thalaivar. He does not need to prove himself up there. :cool:

News reports say that jaganmohini is already a audio hit. Looks like they are out of stock :lol2: You do realise that a raaja album in TN is like GOD visiting us. High chances of getting sold out.

Fliflo
16th August 2009, 10:13 AM
Yennappa ithu, Intha 10 varushathile oru 50 thadavaiyavathu IR vs ARR discussions vanthuttu poyachchu.. Pesama namma new albumle focus pannalaame...

Aracha maava etthanai thadava araichaalum maavu thaan mijum..no use 8-)

Hulkster
16th August 2009, 11:01 AM
Yennappa ithu, Intha 10 varushathile oru 50 thadavaiyavathu IR vs ARR discussions vanthuttu poyachchu.. Pesama namma new albumle focus pannalaame...

Aracha maava etthanai thadava araichaalum maavu thaan mijum..no use 8-)

http://popcorn.oneindia.in/artist-upcoming-movies/1960/5/ilayaraja.html

Except for Ayyan and Nee Indri Naan Illai(Not composing anymore), rest of the films are there.

Courtesy of Dr J Vijay from Ilaiyaraaja Yahoo Groups.

kameshratnam
16th August 2009, 06:28 PM
I remember www.sayee.com telling abt an album to be released...

Sureshs65
17th August 2009, 12:33 PM
Anyone has any clue on what happened to 'Manikantan' the animated movie. When I checked their some time back I did not find any reference to this movie!!! Hope they complete it and release it. The BGM will definitely be awesome.

Shankar
17th August 2009, 02:37 PM
>>>>
Its well known thalaivar moved away from rajini and most big budget masala films as he wanted to focus on story based movies.
<<<<<
Come on, Hulkster...A story based movie like that piece of soft porn that Velu prabakaran dished out recently ?!?! Gimme a break.

crajkumar_be
17th August 2009, 02:43 PM
>>>>
Its well known thalaivar moved away from rajini and most big budget masala films as he wanted to focus on story based movies.
<<<<<
Come on, Hulkster...A story based movie like that piece of soft porn that Velu prabakaran dished out recently ?!?! Gimme a break.
Seriously Hulk, you got to be kidding!

Sanjeevi
17th August 2009, 02:57 PM
I excepted IR for Vijay's 50th film since it is Sangili Murugan's production

hmmm but

http://fresh.cinesnacks.in/manisharma-is-the-composer-for-urimaikural.html

equanimus
17th August 2009, 03:05 PM
Agree a_e
I am disappointed too. Though personally I've never paid much heed to his spiritual mumbo-jumbo. (Of course, I'm NOT saying he seldom makes sense in his speeches at public events or something to that effect., just that some things he has said in the past didn't make much sense to me.) But this one was a bit hard to digest.

i am tired of discussing IR's character. As I said before, just let him be. Ippo enna, Rahman, MSV maadhiri humility illa, avLO dhaanE? Irundhuttu pogattumE...vudungappa!

I'll flip it and say there is no artificiality about IR, what you see is what you get.
Plum,
There's no denying that Raaja's personal side is irrelevant and discussing or passing judgement on it is unnecessary. (We *are* indeed digressing from the topic!) But one can't quite say that he's not being artificial here. There was an interview (with Bhavatharini and the director of 'mayilu') where he said any artist would genuinely like only one's own work. That is plain speak. Here, he is passing a specific remark on Rahman (or a remark on Rahman's usage of that expression or what have you) as some kind of a general comment on man's relationship with god.

Plum
17th August 2009, 06:17 PM
Oh equa I meant it like what you see is an imperfect human being, and that is what you get with IR.
I contend that SPB, for all his outwardly humility, just doesnt voice similar thoughts as IR, some of which might be TMS-post-80's-speak.

Plum
17th August 2009, 06:19 PM
And I am not saying that in judgemental tone - I mean imperfect as in "perfectly normal" just like you and me.

Also, it is easy to be humble when you are succesful(relatively speaking, Rahman has been more succesful in terms of 'status' and spread of achievements). When you feel you have been denied your due due to circumstances, that's when your character is tested - I dont think that has happened to Rahman yet. He might still take disappointments in his stride - but that just means he is near-perfect human being. When I say near-perfect, I dont mean it as a state to aspire for - I am perfectly happy with being normal and imperfect.

equanimus
17th August 2009, 06:34 PM
Also, it is easy to be humble when you are succesful(relatively speaking, Rahman has been more succesful in terms of 'status' and spread of achievements). When you feel you have been denied your due due to circumstances, that's when your character is tested - I dont think that has happened to Rahman yet. He might still take disappointments in his stride - but that just means he is near-perfect human being. When I say near-perfect, I dont mean it as a state to aspire for - I am perfectly happy with being normal and imperfect.
Completely agree. I don't mean to be critical of Raaja at all here, just that I wish he had not come to say such things.

And just to clarify, I'm NOT disappointed because of any alleged lack of humility on Raaja's part, but that he has rather incoherently talked about Rahman, the manner in which he accepts adulation or what have you.

kiru
18th August 2009, 12:14 AM
Plum ..has made some very mature observation (how old are you, btw :-) ?)
IR is perfectly normal guy. Only thing abnormal about him is he does not know how to hide this considering that he as achieved so much musically. He is a tough competitor. He does not accept he is down, he probably still does not accept Rahman is better than him in creativity..all perfectly normal IMHO.
Let him make a fool oh himself in PR..I dont care. I only get peeved when he does not give his 100% to his work. If he accepts a job he should give it a full shot. This does not happen with Rahman ..this should not happen with anybody, you, me or IR. Been there ..done that is not an excuse. Of late though, I am happy that things have improved with IR. Spontaneity in AM/kannada films and cautious approach to orchestration in chal chalein.

dochu
18th August 2009, 05:31 AM
whatever 'innovative' excuses we come up for his behaviour, such things are least tolerated by the civilized society.

again, IR please stick to music 'alone' that's were your real talent is.

Hulkster
18th August 2009, 06:13 AM
When it comes to the "good man" aspect thalaivar is usually criticised for his on stage speeches. What they fail to focus is the number of movies he has scored for free, the movies he accepted and scored despite them being totally wasteful of his talent, him trying to get directors to use MSV when IR was at his peak. There used to be a thread in Orkut Community which showcased all these rare aspects.

IR might be in his own world when it comes to speeches, but outside he is more compassionate and humble than anybody. But because of his strong affinity to music and GOD, he tends to be misunderstood.

While he is talking about ARR's verse, there is no insult or discrimination about ARR, just a mutual opinion on what he feels about the verse. But of course it will be controversial as the perfect example would be not to say anything and say few words in front of the media.

kingvj
18th August 2009, 09:57 AM
As I am of the opinion that ARR is not the only person to use that phrase, (though he may be one of the most popular) I wouldn't take this as a statement against ARR or anyone else for that matter. Its a democratic country and everyone has freedom of speech. Let IR say whatever he wants as long as it doesn't hurt the feelings of others.

Further, why should we see an artist's personal life, quotes etc to appreciate him/her work? It takes the juice out of enjoying his/her talent :-)

Hulkster
18th August 2009, 05:30 PM
:exactly: its not like IR does terrorist stuff outside of music, Except for his non-media friendly interpretation of subject, he is probably one of the few authentically good persons around.

raajarasigan
19th August 2009, 01:33 PM
[tscii:980c8190ed]http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/aug-09-04/selva-18-08-09.html

Who stars in this Rajini-starrer remake?

August 18, 2009

The smash hit film Johnny, which had the popular yesteryear onscreen couple Rajinikanth and Sri Devi, is being remade, according to our sources. This film hit the screens in 1980 and went on to become a blockbuster. Adding to the film’s success were maestro Illayaraja’s compositions.

News from Kollywood is that Selva will direct the remake of Johnny with Jeevan in the lead. However, there is still no news about the heroine. Mayilsamy will play Surulirajan’s role. One wonders who would be signed up to compose the music for this venture.

The director is currently busy with Naan Avan Illai – II which has Jeevan playing the central character. The Johnny remake is expected to go on floors once NAI-II is completed.

Yaarachum idhukku oru case pottu ban panna thevalai...

appadiye TF historyla sila padangal ellam Remakea panna koodathu appadinnu oru list kudukkanum (masodha niravettrinalum OK than :-))....[/tscii:980c8190ed]

app_engine
19th August 2009, 09:49 PM
http://kgjawarlal.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/raajaa1.jpg

Another report of the 'ellAppugazhum...' comment.

Tongue slip?

kingvj
20th August 2009, 02:46 AM
I shudder at the thought of hearing/seeing a remix of 'Aasaya kaathula' (Mumaith Khan or a Ragasiya dancing to it???) or a "Senorita" (song picturized in a club..!).... :curse:

dochu
20th August 2009, 09:11 AM
Nicely said (from the above link) -
இளையராஜா சார்.. சுருதி பிசகுவது இசைக் கலைஞனுக்கு அழகல்ல

K
20th August 2009, 09:19 PM
http://cablesankar.blogspot.com/2009/08/blog-post_20.html

itha padinga pa ellarum. atha vittutu

app_engine
20th August 2009, 09:48 PM
http://cablesankar.blogspot.com/2009/08/blog-post_20.html

itha padinga pa ellarum. atha vittutu

Nothing new there, and BGM's possibly the most dissected topic in tfmpage.

HCIRF's can probably be happy that these popular blogs "too" write about IR, that's about it - no quality content, IMO.

Sureshs65
20th August 2009, 11:40 PM
While I agree with you app_eng and I would any day wait for blogs from people like Violin Vicky since there are lot of good insights into music these blogs do contribute to the overall Raja literature. As you said, tfmpage had probably dissected Raja's BGMs in much deeper fashion.

Anyway, after seeing the blog, here is one more trivia. A few weeks backs on Asianet SuperSinger, they spoke about Raja. Every day they speak about one music director. Chitra spoke briefly and sang 'Chinna tayaval' saying it was her favorite song. M G Srikumar spoke and sang, 'Velambal Kelum'. Then music director Sharrat spoke. I don't understand Malayalam all that much but here is what I understood :) This is what I think Sharrat said:
"What can I say about Raja sir. He is a person whom I worship. In his music every bar, why, every mini bar has a significance and is clearly notated. Chitra spoke about Raja sir's BGM. I was once present when the BGM was being composed. First they ran the reel. The scenes were very simple. Some rocks, then some fields, a bird and then in a low angle a girl. The girl was ordinary looking. This was the heroine introduction scene. Once the scene stopped, Raja sir started writing the notation. There was pin drop. I was afraid to even breathe. When the scene was again shown and the BGM was played, my eyes filled with tears. For the music matched every part of the scene. It changed perfectly when the bird was shown. With music in the background, the ordinary looking girl looked like Aishwarya Rai. Why Aishwarya Rai, it seemed as if she was a 'devathai' who has descended from the heavens. Such is the power of Raja sir's music."

Sarath himself being a musician and composer probably can understand the nuances even more deeply and hence is a HCIRF. (BTW, Sarath has done music for a Telugu film, 'Kalavaramaye Madilo'. It is quite good. Anyone has a clue if this movie has been / will be released?)

crajkumar_be
21st August 2009, 12:01 AM
Anyway, after seeing the blog, here is one more trivia. A few weeks backs on Asianet SuperSinger, they spoke about Raja. Every day they speak about one music director. Chitra spoke briefly and sang 'Chinna tayaval' saying it was her favorite song. M G Srikumar spoke and sang, 'Velambal Kelum'. Then music director Sharrat spoke. I don't understand Malayalam all that much but here is what I understood :) This is what I think Sharrat said:
"What can I say about Raja sir. He is a person whom I worship. In his music every bar, why, every mini bar has a significance and is clearly notated. Chitra spoke about Raja sir's BGM. I was once present when the BGM was being composed. First they ran the reel. The scenes were very simple. Some rocks, then some fields, a bird and then in a low angle a girl. The girl was ordinary looking. This was the heroine introduction scene. Once the scene stopped, Raja sir started writing the notation. There was pin drop. I was afraid to even breathe. When the scene was again shown and the BGM was played, my eyes filled with tears. For the music matched every part of the scene. It changed perfectly when the bird was shown. With music in the background, the ordinary looking girl looked like Aishwarya Rai. Why Aishwarya Rai, it seemed as if she was a 'devathai' who has descended from the heavens. Such is the power of Raja sir's music."

:notworthy:

I watched a few IR-special episodes of this wonderful program a couple of years back. The singing and 'judging' is of a very good quality and i love Sharath's comments.

Sureshs65
21st August 2009, 12:22 AM
Dig//
True CR. One of the few singing competition where the focus is on singing!! That should be an oxymoron but it isn't!! State of affairs of the singing competition in many channels is a joke.

raja_fan
21st August 2009, 06:46 AM
I won't say Asianet's programme is the best. They also mix unnecessary dances, masalas etc.

But it is far better than the Tamil channel music shows..especially in selecting the quality singers..you can see the hardwork of those mallu singer aspirants. No wonder why that state produces so many high calibre singers..I wish TN was like that..

ajaybaskar
21st August 2009, 02:34 PM
சொந்தப்படம் எடுக்கிறார் இளையராஜா?

இசைஞானி இளையராஜா ஒரு திடீர் முடிவெடுத்திருக்கிறார். படம் தயாரிக்க போகிறாராம். இவர் தயாரிப்பாளர் அவதாரம் எடுப்பது புதிதல்ல. முரளி, நளினி நடித்த கீதாஞ்சலி என்ற வெற்றிப்படத்தையும், புதுமுகங்கள் நடிப்பில் ஆனந்த கும்மி என்ற தோல்வி படத்தையும் எடுத்திருக்கிறார். ரஜினி நடித்த ராஜாதிராஜா இளையராஜா தயாரித்த சூப்பர் ஹிட் திரைப்படம். இவரது அண்ணன் ஆர்.டி.பாஸ்கருடன் இணைந்து இந்த படத்தை தயாரித்திருந்தார் ராஜா.

மிக நீண்ட இடைவெளிக்கு பிறகு இந்த முடிவை எடுத்திருக்கிறார் ராஜா. யார் இயக்குனர். யார் யார் நடிகர்கள் என்பதெல்லாம் பெரும் சஸ்பென்ஸ். ஆனால் இந்த படத்தை இயக்கப் போவது ஒரு பெண் இயக்குனர் என்றும், அவர் தமிழர்களால் நன்கு அறியப்பட்ட கவிஞராக இருப்பார் என்றும் யூகிக்கிறது கோடம்பாக்கம்.

முன்னணி நடிகர்களின் படங்களே ததிங்கிணத்தோம் போட்டு வருகிற நிலையில் ராஜா இப்படி ஒரு தைரியமான முடிவுக்கு வந்தது எப்படியாம்? வேறொன்றுமில்லை. அவர் கேட்டால் கால்ஷீட் கொடுக்க பலர் தயாராக இருந்தும், புதுமுகங்களின் நடிப்பில்தான் இந்த படத்தை துவங்கப் போகிறாராம். சமீபத்தில் ஹிட் கொடுத்த எல்லா படங்களும் புதுமுகங்கள் நடித்த படங்களே. அதிலும் மீடியம் பட்ஜெட் படங்கள். இந்த ஃபார்முலாவைதான் தனது படத்தில் பின்பற்றப் போகிறாராம்.

யுவன்சங்கர் ராஜா சொந்தப்படம் எடுக்க போவதாக அறிவித்திருந்தும் அதற்கான வேலைகள் ஆரம்ப நிலையிலேயே இருக்கிறது. ஆனால், இளையராஜாவின் அறிவிப்புக்கு முன்பே பரபரவென வேலைகள் நடந்து வருகிறதாம். வெற்றிகள் குவியட்டும்...

-ஆர்.எஸ்.

app_engine
21st August 2009, 08:41 PM
http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/0908/20/1090820051_1.htm

4. அழகர் மலை
ஆர்கே-யை ஹீரோவாக நிலைநிறுத்தியிருக்கும் படம்.

Means this film is still on screens. Still nobody knows the expansion of "RK".

Sureshs65
22nd August 2009, 12:12 AM
a_e,

One reason why people may not know the expansion of RK could be because they are not interested in finding more details about him. What has been given is more than enough? :lol:

app_engine
22nd August 2009, 12:48 AM
a_e,

One reason why people may not know the expansion of RK could be because they are not interested in finding more details about him. What has been given is more than enough? :lol:

என்னமோ எம்ஜியார் லெவல்ல இனிஷியல் வச்சுக்கிறதா நெனப்பு :-) ரெண்டு படம் நடிச்சவுடனே 'xyzதளபதி'ன்னெல்லாம் சிலர் போட்டுக்கறதில்லையா? Like that...they live in their own world...

irir123
22nd August 2009, 07:17 AM
"Pazhassi Raja" poster rocks a la "Excalibur": http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Pazhassiraja.jpg

Impressive stills! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3jbOKEla-w

Press meet: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x94rmo_pazhassi-raja-press-meet_shortfilms

rajasaranam
22nd August 2009, 09:33 AM
"Pazhassi Raja" poster rocks a la "Excalibur": http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Pazhassiraja.jpg

Impressive stills! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3jbOKEla-w

Press meet: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x94rmo_pazhassi-raja-press-meet_shortfilms :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:

Sureshs65
22nd August 2009, 11:27 AM
Long time since there was a Raja - ONV Kurup combination. When was the last time? Stills do look impressive. Lets hope for some great music. Is the 'music scored by Hungary orchestra' true?

irir123
22nd August 2009, 05:00 PM
yes Suresh65 - also from what I heard from some reliable sources, the entire score including the BGM is not only done with Budapest Symphony Orchestra, but its also of GURU (Malayalam) standards!!

Sureshs65
23rd August 2009, 12:23 AM
Yup. Guru has become the Gold standard. So when someone says it is of Guru standards, it means we are in for a treat. So lets wait for it. I do hope this film does well. It seems to have all the ingredients to be a success. Good luck to those guys.

raja_fan
23rd August 2009, 08:23 AM
But, till date no film with IR's hungary music has won in the BO !
Hope this film is an exception :)

K
24th August 2009, 12:41 PM
http://geniusraja.blogspot.com/

ithellam padigna pa

Sureshs65
24th August 2009, 02:57 PM
K,

Good you pointed out this blog. I read it regularly and Ravi has been doing a great job with his blog. Lot of painstaking effort has gone into it.

app_engine
24th August 2009, 04:45 PM
But, till date no film with IR's hungary music has won in the BO !
Hope this film is an exception :)

kAlApAni was a commercial "above average" while the others were below average (guru, HR, lajjA).

I don't have any doubt about the "song-selection-capabilities" of the crew of PR, however my only worry is whether they were demanding enough with IR. Hope director Hariharan continued to have good ears for music (like in all the movies starting panjAgni) and also demanded from Raja as from Bombay Ravi, who never failed to create a sensation.

app_engine
24th August 2009, 05:05 PM

ithellam padigna pa

WOW!

Thank you K, there's so much and I've just started!

From the little I've read, there are some factual errors, though (like crediting IR for Raveendran's 'pAdi azhaiththEn unnai'). Once I go through the whole blog, I'll list out any such finds and inform the blogger.

Sureshs65
24th August 2009, 05:40 PM
a_e,

I really wouldn't be worried about 'Pazhassi Raja'. When Raja knows that he has to match up to a previously famous combination, he goes for broke. Famous example include directors like Sridhar, Balachander who switched from MSV and K Vishwanath who switched from KVM. We know what magic Raja created with them. Secondly the music he has given with the Budapest Orchestra has been top class. That the BGM will be top class, I have no doubts. 'Kalapani' and 'Guru' are all time classics when it comes to songs as well. If I am not mistaken, the director of 'Guru' was probably not in the same league as Hariharan and yet can see the output given by Raja. Raja does take the production and storyline into consideration and I am sure 'Pazhassi Raja' will be a grand score. Eagerly awaiting its release.

kiru
25th August 2009, 06:50 AM

ithellam padigna pa

Thanks for the great blog. While IR has been focussing on higher musical concepts it is a pity he got beaten by relatively simpler things like latest western beats and synth sounds.

kameshratnam
25th August 2009, 10:50 AM
Just listen to Aarumbum Thalire from Chandralekha..just listen to the rhytm music after second charanam is over...after run A R R's Vandematharam song....

Mind u...chandralekha was released well before Vandemataram album

Hail Raja

kameshratnam
25th August 2009, 10:53 AM
As told by Pandiarajan about IR in Kaapi with Anu...

Pandiarajan was in RR for inru poi naalai vaa and in that scene where one of bhagyaraj's friend plans to have kalapatti singaram into the drainage...there would only be a flute.playing and pandiarajan was wondering why there was no rhythm being played...the genius of IR he says told him "Screena paaru avar odi varathe rhytmica irukku..then why a seperate rhytm"..

Pandiarajan said entha mathiri methaigal irukkum kaalathil naanum irukaen enra pozhdu romba perumaiya irukku

Hail IR

Sanjeevi
25th August 2009, 11:03 AM
Just listen to Aarumbum Thalire from Chandralekha..just listen to the rhytm music after second charanam is over...after run A R R's Vandematharam song....

Mind u...chandralekha was released well before Vandemataram album

Hail Raja

yes

but this is not a new news

raja_fan
25th August 2009, 02:08 PM
Kamesh,

I think I have already mentioned about Pandiarajan's taste for quality music and how to use it.
The theme music of Kanni Rasi and AanPaavam are themselves testimony.

And in Aan Paavam, Janakaraj would be bathing under a pumpset and water will suddenly stop due to power cut. Pandiarajan comes there and whispers valuable suggestions to Janakaraj for his business to pick up. Suddenly power comes back and water starts to gush out of the pumpset and the scene switches to Janakaraj's new hotel with the song "Ilamai idho.." being broadcasted in the TV set in the hotel.
The prelude of the song will aptly match the water suddenly coming out of the pumpset..What a directorial touch it is ! :)

joe
27th August 2009, 11:27 AM
http://cablesankar.blogspot.com/2009/08/2_27.html

Fliflo
29th August 2009, 04:33 PM
Rajavin Methamai!

I happened to read this in a blog. Thought not a bad idea to present it here

http://balaji_ammu.blogspot.com/2009/08/547.html

K
29th August 2009, 08:46 PM
தர்மயுத்தம் -- வீணாகிப் போன இளையராஜாவின் தெய்வீக கானம்..!
http://truetamilans.blogspot.com/2009/08/blog-post_5749.html

sunnyg
29th August 2009, 09:38 PM
Guys,

Sad to say, the days of Raja as a commercially successful music director are long gone!

At his pinnacle, Raja had the opportunity to shape consumer tastes and he did achieve it to a limited extent through his music in Dhalapathy and Agni Nathathram. However, his apparent denial of changing tastes of listners and a false pride and arrogance that what he dishes out will be lapped up by listners led to his losing connection with the people. The parallel I can come up with is Henry Ford who was the pioneer of mass automotive manufacturing. Henry Ford made a famous remark about his Model T that he would only sell "Black" colored cars even though customers preferred other color cars.

True, he is still a legend but his style is now outdated. Honestly, Rahman would definitely have been inspired by songs like Rakkamma kaiyathattu in Dhalapathy and went on to become a star in his own right.

Let us be honest - Raja ruled South Indian music from 1975 to say 1993, a period of 18 years. MSV was probably the top MD for around 20 years. Now it is the age of Rahman who has been at the top since 1992.

The expectation I have from Raja is for him to wow us and captivate us through soulful and haunting music. MDs like R.D. Burman never faded away. Infact, RDB's swan song was soul stirring in 1942, A Love Story.

Let us hope Raja can come up with excellent scores like he did for Virumandi and Pitamagan to an extent.

This is an objective assessment.

Plum
29th August 2009, 09:42 PM
Seringa officer, raja kitta solli aavana seyyurom :-)

Sanjeevi
29th August 2009, 10:14 PM

ivanunga oru group thanya alaiyuranunga

Sureshs65
29th August 2009, 10:26 PM
Plum,

I can visualize you doing the Goundamani 'kumbidu' :D

As Gounder would have said for 'RD never faded away' line, 'idu ulaga maha poiyyada sami' :D

vel
30th August 2009, 01:42 PM
karuthu solraaraama :lol:

raja_fan
31st August 2009, 10:12 AM
Hello....

I do not know why this forum has become such intolerant to different views and people have started ridiculing peoples' comments like this...

Even I was branded as a critic..I do not know why...I have been in this forum for 9 years now and have never seen such intolerance here..

Do you want every one to become IR worshippers ?

Plum
31st August 2009, 11:06 AM
Intolerance - now that's a big word. Apdi enna sollitOm? Critic is not a four-letter word, you know.(GM says:seruppu pinjirum, you know :lol:)

If IR's music and character are fair game for assasination here, then a gentle rebuke or a polite ridicule of half-baked opinions on the game should be fair game, too. If you can dish it out, but cant take it, you are only fit to be in the Australian cricket team :-)

rajaalltheway
31st August 2009, 12:05 PM
Big news on PAZHASSI RAJA in todays indian express.Says its going to release this Ramzan in 525 theatres.Report says the movie was made on a budget of 26 crores...(hope this will be acknowledged as big budget atlast).It took 90 days to complete
the re-recording!!!

Sanjeevi
31st August 2009, 12:19 PM
90 days :shock:

Sureshs65
31st August 2009, 02:08 PM
raja_fan,

If you are observing the other thread where discussion is happening about IR and lyrics, you can see that there is a lot of tolerance there and the discussions are quite healthy. As Plum observes, if you come up with some half baked ideas, without knowing any history, and claim that RD Burman never faded, you may end up being ridiculed. When Raja is fair game for ridicule, why should raja_fan not be? :D

vel
31st August 2009, 05:00 PM
If you can dish it out, but cant take it, you are only fit to be in the Australian cricket team :-)

You could not have picked up a better example :)

crajkumar_be
31st August 2009, 05:16 PM
Hello....

I do not know why this forum has become such intolerant to different views and people have started ridiculing peoples' comments like this...

Even I was branded as a critic..I do not know why...I have been in this forum for 9 years now and have never seen such intolerance here..

Raja_fan,
I'm someone who has been posting about my disappointments with Raaja's music for certain albums in recent times etc... Some people disagree with that but intolerant a irundha naan innum andha madhiri posts pannitrukka mudiyaadhe..

anegan
31st August 2009, 09:13 PM
இளையராஜாவிடம் முன்கூட்டியே படத்தின் சில காட்சிகளை விளக்கி, அதற்கு அட்வான்ஸாக பின்னணி இசை வாங்கிக் கொண்டு, அதற்கேற்றபடி 'கண்ணுக்குள்ளே' படத்தின் அந்த சீரியஸான காட்சிகளை ஷூட் செய்துள்ளார் இயக்குநர் லேனா மூவேந்தர். இந்த வித்தியாசமான முயற்சியின் பலனை ஸ்க்ரீனில் பார்த்த இசைஞானி, ரொம்பவே பூரித்துப் போனாராம்..

This is on this weeks Junior Vikatan.

The following was also on the same edition. I hope Ilayaraja does not signup for this Velu Prabakaran's projects any more.

காதல் புரட்சியை உண்டாக்கிய வேலு பிரபாகரன் 'பத்மநாபபுரத்து தேவதாசி கி.பி 1500' என்கிற தலைப்பில் அடுத்த 'ஏ'ஞ்சல் கதைக்குத் தயாராகி விட்டார். திருவிதாங்கூர் மகாராஜா சமஸ்தானத்தில் நடந்த உண்மைக்கதையின் பிரதிபலிப்புதான் கதையாம்

kingvj
31st August 2009, 09:24 PM
BTW, happened to see/hear two scenes involving 'lovemaking' of the hero and heroine from "Kadhal Arangam'... can't stop thinking why IR is still watering scum.. (vizhalukku iraiththa neer)..! such a beautiful BGM for an excuse of a movie..! i can post the links if required.

dochu
31st August 2009, 09:34 PM
I sympathesize with you. We are commenting on 2 things - IR's music and his 'eccentricities' in public relations.

If music is not good - such as 'ennada paandi' it should be ok to say so. But hard core fans can't seem to accept that. Whatever IR brings out is an oscar winning song for them. Let it be.

Public relations - whatever his eccentricities he may have, it is not good for public image. His eccentricity is overshadowing his talent. And this is not a profession have bucket load of enemies which he already has.

I am hardcore as well, but day by day his public relations is worsening and I don't mind talking about it. Similarly with his music.

Hello....

raja_fan
31st August 2009, 10:50 PM
The replies to my post itself shows that this forum has changed again to a place where people lack mutual respect.

Ok Guys ! I am logging off..No hard feelings..

Just that I have come to the conclusion that IR and this forum has lost steam !

Good bye ! All the best ! :)

Plum
1st September 2009, 05:59 AM
Thanks irir, I hate to be harsh but let me say this - you won't be missed.
People like cr call a spade a spade here and command huge respect. Infact, I don't even go out of the way to hear recent ir songs, and I have stated this before. What gets my goat is agenda-driven muck throwing at ir. To be fair, I wouldn't put you in that group. But you seem to have unwittingly taken up their cause. Ok, I take back my harsh words in the first sentence.

Hulkster
1st September 2009, 06:56 AM
Let me just state that and first and foremost we are IR fans. Some of the people here are not even critics, but act like some depressed fans who have no interest in thalaivar's music. Things like "oh my god this type of film", "songs have too much synth, i am skipping", tune seems familiar etc etc.

Any fan of a composer would listen to the songs and let it attend to his/her ears instead of analysing how it sounds similar to and what instrument he should not have used. I think thalaivar knows best about what he should do for his songs instead of us advising him. While jaganmohini with the exception of a few is being thrashed, it is being hailed as a phenomenon in orkut and ir yahoo group. They have mentioned this as a new style thalaivar is adopting but still brings around his delicacies to the fore while here one listen and it is gone.

The problem with this place is they are over-critical without even understanding how IR composes his songs. And they assume faster than lightning strikes. This brings away the fun of listening to a IR album. What difference is there between such people and those tabloid critics?

Dochu, IR has alot of varieties within him. If Ennada Pandi does not appeal to you, it does not mean its bad. It is a situational song with orchestration imitating the protagonist. But you seem to belong to the OCWUC(Over critical without understanding composition) group. If you are the type that prefer grandeur in compositions(even though grandeur has alot of definitions) than its best you only listen to that and ignore the other albums. :D

dochu
2nd September 2009, 01:28 AM
Hulkster,
I don't think I am being overcritical. I don't mind it being complex raga or whatever, but if it doesn't please the mass, then it is not going to be a hit.

2 decades ago (until maybe mid 90's), I don't think we were talking about his composition or raga. His songs fell in either of 2 categories: good or bad. Luckily most of his songs were good and liked by people.

Instead of me being critical, to turn it around, I think some of the HC fans have resorted to dissect each song in terms of raga, (& other technicalities) and see if it appeals to them in some way or other.

I don't think 'ennada pandi' made it to top 10 chart in TV shows. I think it is high time for people to accept that it is a below average song than praise it as an oscar winning one as it had complex tune, or situation etc. If it was the 80's IR then I am sure he would have done a better one for that song than now.

app_engine
2nd September 2009, 02:02 AM
2 decades ago (until maybe mid 90's), I don't think we were talking about his composition or raga.

Well, you're definitely wrong on this part! Absolutely!!

There was no web but this was possibly the most discussed topic among most of my associates :-)

While only a few of them had rAgA knowledge and talked about it, every other person had exquisite comments to tell about his instrumental finesse.

And there were people who relentlessly fought as to 'who did this first , MSV or IR' kind.

And also there were countless associates who discussed about specific BGM's (it wasn't always about songs).

Looks like you had non-music-savvy people around you those days :-)

app_engine
2nd September 2009, 02:07 AM
The whole thing of "talking about compositions of MD" has become such an interesting topic in TN right from the days that IR entered into the scene. (I don't know for sure, but in my guess, it's that tradition that led to the starting of original tfmpage.com itself - all the other forums came much later)

Don't take my word for it, ask anyone who has visited tfmpage during the 90's!

Also I clearly remember kumudam publishing a long "argument" between an MSV-fan & IR-fan around 81-82, just to showcase the kind of debate that was raging through out TN those days !

dochu
2nd September 2009, 04:00 AM
a_e,

I meant to include 'web' when I mentioned 2 decades ago.

Maybe there were discussions on raga and compositions as you have mentioned, but I think now, it is much more talked because of tech development (web). Hence I mentioned we didn't discuss as much as now than 2 decades ago.

I am not 'musically' gifted to analyze ragas, but consider being part of the TN mass who plainly enjoys a song without critically dissecting it.

I do not wish to divulge more - trust me, I am among family & friends who are highly reputable (still) in music world. I am the one who deviated from music to pursue other things.

kiru
2nd September 2009, 07:29 AM
... If it was the 80's IR then I am sure he would have done a better one for that song than now.

Not sure I agree. IR did plain vanilla songs a lot in the 80s ..meaning just table accompaniment, maybe some bassline. Many of these songs were a hit along with songs which had much more elaborate or unique rhythm arrangements. Post-ARR, the rules of the game have been reset (or set by ARR) people are going more by the sound now (not just tune or lyrics anymore). So unique arrangements matter now..this has annoyed IR because he is used to setting the rules..he is forced now, for eg, not to use tabla, especially in tamil. And when he does these sparse arrangements or traditional drum arrangements people call it stale or old-fashioned or B-grade. Probably this is the fate of ennada pandi. One recent positive development is, IR, is resorting to his old arrangements without being self-conscious and executing the song in full natural flow. I think this is great. Westernised or unique rhythm arrangements be damned..I want songs with soul and natural flow.

irir123
2nd September 2009, 07:48 AM
'ennada paandi' is a perfect gaana score for a perfect situation ! what do ppl expect for this situation, a 'pettai rap' ??

have a break guys - AFAIK, IR is slowly coming back into his own groove/rhythm, composing albums with uncaring delight, which is what he shd have been doing last few years too

Sureshs65
2nd September 2009, 09:40 AM
'Ennada Pandi', to me, was the best song of Valmiki. Honestly there is absolutely nothing in that song to dissect it in terms of raga. As irir123 says, it is a perfect gaana song. If you hear the interludes, Raja deliberately keeps it to a minimum and there is no variations in the interlude. What comes out is the exquisite gaana flavor. It shows the great grip Raja has on different forms of music. To give the music in its authentic form and still leave your fingerprint is not an easy job and is not given to everyone to perform.

Fair enough that 'dochu' doesn't like it and it is very much probable that not many people liked it and it did not top the charts. No arguments there. But what I find surprising is that when a song is analyzed and a counter view presented about why a particular song is liked, why take that as a lament of a hard core fan? Why take an analysis as a sign of being intolerant?

nanchil_guy
2nd September 2009, 11:10 AM
Hulkster,
I don't think I am being overcritical. I don't mind it being complex raga or whatever, but if it doesn't please the mass, then it is not going to be a hit.

2 decades ago (until maybe mid 90's), I don't think we were talking about his composition or raga. His songs fell in either of 2 categories: good or bad. Luckily most of his songs were good and liked by people.

Instead of me being critical, to turn it around, I think some of the HC fans have resorted to dissect each song in terms of raga, (& other technicalities) and see if it appeals to them in some way or other.

I don't think 'ennada pandi' made it to top 10 chart in TV shows. I think it is high time for people to accept that it is a below average song than praise it as an oscar winning one as it had complex tune, or situation etc. If it was the 80's IR then I am sure he would have done a better one for that song than now.

You are missing the whole point here!! The guys here didnt say that 'ennada pandi' was a big hit or a osacr winning or remained no1 for many weeks in Top10 charts. They simply explained in their own way why they love that song. And most importantly just coz they love that song they didnt claim that 'ennada pandi' is the hit of the year , never.

Along the same line, please dont expect them to dislike the 'ennada pandi' song just coz the mass consider that as a below avg song.

And finally dont think the IR fans here celebrate all his songs blindly. For example this year IR had dished out approx 50 songs and the fans here are talking highly about only 20 to 25 songs.The problem here is that they dont talk about why they dont like an IR song, albeit few. So it seems to you that all of us here just praises all his songs blindly.

vel
2nd September 2009, 11:54 AM
/////...... don't mind it being complex raga or whatever, but if it doesn't please the mass, then it is not going to be a hit. ....... /////

raaja has been the only MD (in current context) who succeeds in balancing mass and class so well - but his brilliance is such that, even his mass songs have some class components and vice versa. Over several hundred occasions in the past 30 years of his music, a mass song of IR has revealed a class feature in it...chinna raasave from walter vetrivel is a classic example... adhu maasa, class'aa? 50:50 :) So if someone is digging out some classic details out of a seemingly obscure / unintelligible song, i wont say thats unnecessary or unwanted. If i dont understand the inbuilt novelty, i would rather stay shut than saying its a waste song. Even the great SPB once said in ennodu paatu padungal show ,"raaja musci'la waste songunnu onnu kidayavae kidayaadhu...ovvoru song'layum yedhavadhu oru matter kandippa vachirupparu..."

crajkumar_be
2nd September 2009, 12:05 PM
Hulkster,

Dochu,
Initially i hated the "ennada paandi" song but subsequently it started working for me. Is it the voice that puts you off? I mean i can understand that its never going to be a mass favorite. Its like a pure gaana cult song, with a conventionally "harsh" voice.
That percussion - its so naughty and wacky that it brings a smile every time i listen to the song.

Also, ungalukku paattu pidichudha illiya, forget charts, mass for the time being? I mean his works in this year?

I hated "Chal Chalein" and some songs from his other albums. Aana, overall, it has been a very pleasant year for me, Raaja music-wise. Don't you think so? NK, NL, Vaalmiki, Azhagar Malai - idhula redeeming a edhuvum ungalukku thonalaya?

Sanjeevi
2nd September 2009, 12:13 PM
For me etha venumnalum rasikkaama ponga but Onnukkonnu song rasikkalaina ennanga 'Fan'.

PS: This is my opinion only

Hulkster
2nd September 2009, 01:38 PM
Not sure I agree. IR did plain vanilla songs a lot in the 80s ..meaning just table accompaniment, maybe some bassline. Many of these songs were a hit along with songs which had much more elaborate or unique rhythm arrangements.

Actually i always thought thalaivar's songs were just normal rhythms with a good tune in those days until i listened to them again. Some of the rhythm arrangements are in no way related to melody but somehow fit in. And when i come to think of the way the interludes are structured it is mind boggling. Thalaivar was the pioneer for unique arrangements and orchestration in those days and remains the master of such. If his old songs were in better quality you will realise he has done tons of experimentation. I think if i were to list them down, we may have to prepare a new database for the forum.

I listened to Sangeetha jaathi mullai recently. The song seemed typical in arrangements till i heard a the strumming of a guitar before every percussion beat. Unique and unexpected. And when i heard Kalyaana Maalai from PPA, the background percussion rhythm sounds more suited for a folkish melody but somehow fits into the song. Sometimes it is best to say there is a music GOD there at work :D.

krish244
2nd September 2009, 04:33 PM
Ilaiyaraaja's album "Music Journey: Live in Italy" comes third in best indian music of 'Grassroot Grammy' held in the US. First place taken by ARR for "Godfather" music. Second place taken by Sri Krishna for "Antha Sai" album.

http://www.ptinews.com/news/260864_A-R-Rahman-wins--Grassroot-Grammy-

thanks,

Krishnan

Fliflo
2nd September 2009, 07:21 PM
Sounds amusing :lol:

Why "Musin Journey Album" that came in 2005 was nominated and why not the more recent original scores? :(

Nevertheless, we must be happy that at least somebody made an effort to make IR noticed. :P

BTW, anybody knows anything about this award! I haven't heard of though! :cry:

Ungalukku suzhi konjam kammi, Guruve...ennai maathiriye :P

dochu
2nd September 2009, 08:12 PM
Probably, we are deviating too much from the thread's title. I shall stop with this.

I posted my views based on raja_fan's earlier posting -
"I do not know why this forum has become such intolerant to different views"

To really simplify with an example - people who like 'ennada paandi' should be tolerant to people who don't like it.

app_engine
2nd September 2009, 08:26 PM
I don't like 'ennadA pANdi' (possibly mentioned earlier when vAlmeeki was discussed as well). And there were others who had similar opinion too.

Not just this song, there are any number of recent IR numbers that are tossed off as unworthy by me and others (quick e.g. 'azhagi varA sORu tharA').

Never did I feel that there was any personal attack on me for that :-) This is perhaps one of the very few places where you can throw stones and get away with it :-)

இதைப்போயி "intolerant" அப்பிடி இப்பிடின்னு :?

Sureshs65
2nd September 2009, 08:31 PM
dochu,

I think there is a definite difference between opposing views and intolerance. You can say you hate 'ennada pandi' hundred times and I can reply back saying that I love 'ennda pandi' every time :) That is just an opposing view. If you or I ask the other to shut up, then it is an intolerant view. You can rest assured that not only 'ennada pandi' but lot of other songs have come under attack here and all those views have been peacefully resolved, i.e. to each his / her own :)

kiru
2nd September 2009, 11:23 PM
You guys have expressed very well re: ennada pandi. I dont think this forum has turned 'intolerant'. All you guys are pretty knowledgeable and I find it very educational being here. I think some people cant digest the fact there are a few people even in these 'modern' days to appreciate IR's 'ethnic' songs. They would rather have him banished to history as a 'has been' villager who got lucky before the country opened up to 'quality music'.
(BTW, suddenly our own music and food have become 'ethnic' in our own country, I think everybody has turned 'white' overnight !!)

dochu
3rd September 2009, 01:41 AM
If i dont understand the inbuilt novelty, i would rather stay shut than saying its a waste song. "

Probably the above can be an example of being 'intolerant'. Poor choice of words!. I would rate it as borderline indecency. Probably that is what other poster felt as well!.

Although I have never argued against people liking anything that I dislike, I think it is high time, people respect other's views.

As said previously, whatever novelty a song from IR possess, if it is not pleasing, sorry, it has to be rated poor. And that's what the TN mass would do, especially for 'ennada paandi' song.

Plum
3rd September 2009, 01:53 AM
Dochu, since you seem to be convinced that you are being unfairly abuses, I am mulling whether I should actually indulge myself in personal abuse - because anyway you have decided and concluded, so why should we get that bad name without actually indulging in it? Might as well commit the crime, which you have convicted us for. Stay tuned...and hope I change my mind.

kiru
3rd September 2009, 05:46 AM
As said previously, whatever novelty a song from IR possess, if it is not pleasing, sorry, it has to be rated poor. And that's what the TN mass would do, especially for 'ennada paandi' song.

I think IR should engage you as consultant to review songs as you seem to know what song the mass would like or not !!!

ezy0265
3rd September 2009, 09:44 AM
Ayya dochu avargale!!!! Neenga eppa TN Mass representativfaa thernthu edukka patteengappoi????? Poona Kanna moodina kathaiyaa neenga paattukku TN Mass, TN Massunnu summa aviltthu vudureenga........

As much as you views are respected here, it is also very much becoming obvious as a "kazhuthaikku theriyaatha karpoora vaasanai" when it comes to your type of guys who have agendas other than just reviewing music.

vel
3rd September 2009, 12:39 PM
Probably the above can be an example of being 'intolerant'. Poor choice of words!. I would rate it as borderline indecency. Probably that is what other poster felt as well!.

The way you have reacted shows my points have failed to drive home any sense to you at all. If you read carefully i said,"i will rather stay shut". I didnt ask you to shut. Teaching you to appreciate good music is none of my business. You can continue with your bragging about songs that dont appeal to your "intelligence". But i would continue to believe--as SPB said--IR music'la waste paatunnu onnu kidaiyavae kidayadhu..yedhavadhu vishayam vachirupaaru..

You go have your fun kid :lol:

NormalMan
7th September 2009, 10:38 PM
So 2008 National Awards got announced. Nothing for Naan Kadavul eh??

app_engine
8th September 2009, 01:13 AM

The ones announced were for 2007.

jaiganes
8th September 2009, 08:02 AM
sandhoshamaa? illai egathaalamaa?

frankly speaking, I am disappointed with the attitude shown by some like Raja_Fan. Such attitude befits a toddler crying over a lost toy than anything else. We have been discussing Raja's music threadbare and calling spade a spade. Even in the case of Jagan mohini - Myself, hulkster and suresh only asked everyone for a patient listen of 'nilavu varum' and 'meenkodi theril' before passing comments - inspite of that there were many here who 'rubbished' the whole album and we didn't say a word of disapproval. Still they want everyone to join in bashing raja in this thread. I fail to see the difference in attitude and behaviour of Raja_Fan and others and that of esteemed Vysar who swoops in spills mud and flies away.
We are not favor of Spread eagling Raja as he clearly doesnt need them and he doesnt even care if I or Suresh support his music or not - For such a personality to continuously scrutinised and vehmently lampooned for all and sundry calls for complete condemnation - yet, I refrain from that considering the democratic nature of the idiot's web - the internet.
Raja fan says that a long lost Ilaiyaraja song is a copy of a Rafi song and he cant provide the link to that song or any other details - Probably it is a copy and probably it isnt. However if he had tried to do this with respect to any other MD in this forum or any other, he would have been called names by devotees and loyalists and would have teached him a valuable lesson in netiquette. We just give him a benefit of doubt and sincerely wait to see what is the link between the two he has been harping about. and yet he throws a fit calling us 'intolerant' and 'unaccommodating' to contrary views. This is pure BS in its unadulterated form and I only pity people like vel, Madhan and Suresh who are trying sincerely to engage in a debate wasting their time.

nanchil_guy
8th September 2009, 11:40 AM
sandhoshamaa? illai egathaalamaa?

frankly speaking, I am disappointed with the attitude shown by some like Raja_Fan. Such attitude befits a toddler crying over a lost toy than anything else. We have been discussing Raja's music threadbare and calling spade a spade. Even in the case of Jagan mohini - Myself, hulkster and suresh only asked everyone for a patient listen of 'nilavu varum' and 'meenkodi theril' before passing comments - inspite of that there were many here who 'rubbished' the whole album and we didn't say a word of disapproval. Still they want everyone to join in bashing raja in this thread. I fail to see the difference in attitude and behaviour of Raja_Fan and others and that of esteemed Vysar who swoops in spills mud and flies away.
We are not favor of Spread eagling Raja as he clearly doesnt need them and he doesnt even care if I or Suresh support his music or not - For such a personality to continuously scrutinised and vehmently lampooned for all and sundry calls for complete condemnation - yet, I refrain from that considering the democratic nature of the idiot's web - the internet.
Raja fan says that a long lost Ilaiyaraja song is a copy of a Rafi song and he cant provide the link to that song or any other details - Probably it is a copy and probably it isnt. However if he had tried to do this with respect to any other MD in this forum or any other, he would have been called names by devotees and loyalists and would have teached him a valuable lesson in netiquette. We just give him a benefit of doubt and sincerely wait to see what is the link between the two he has been harping about. and yet he throws a fit calling us 'intolerant' and 'unaccommodating' to contrary views. This is pure BS in its unadulterated form and I only pity people like vel, Madhan and Suresh who are trying sincerely to engage in a debate wasting their time.

Amen!

vssathish
8th September 2009, 05:38 PM
Hi

Visit web site http://www.pazhassirajathemovie.com/

Raaja rulz with Hungary symphony orchestra

Fliflo
8th September 2009, 10:53 PM
Blog with rare IR photos

http://uwillget-ilayaraja.blogspot.com/

irir123
9th September 2009, 03:22 AM
the site simply ROCKS!!!

my expectations abt this film have magnified greatly after seeing this site - very very smartly designed and smacks of high production values!

I only wish they release the BGM tracks as an album as well

thumburu
9th September 2009, 11:10 AM
Two high profile movies of Raja are due for release - "Pazhassi raja" and "Prem kahani" . If "Pa" also follows suit, its triple P's for Raja. All the three get good media coverage too.

app_engine
10th September 2009, 12:37 AM
http://www.dinamalar.com/piraithalkal/kumudamnewsdetail.asp?news_id=237&dt=09-10-09

இளையராஜாவிடம் அழைப்பு வந்துச்சா?

இன்னும் வரம் கிடைக்கலை (சிரிக்கிறார்). யுவன்ஷங்கரைப்பார்க்கப்போகும்போதெல்லாம் ராஜா சாரை எப்படியாச்சும் பார்த்துடலாம்னு நினைச்சுக்கிட்டே போவேன். கொஞ்சம் ஏக்கமா கூட இருக்கு. இவர் மாதிரி ஒரு மனுஷர் கிடைக்க நாம கொடுத்து வைத்திருக்கணும்னு தான் சொல்லணும். உலகத்திலேயே மிகச்சிறந்த கம்போஸர். சமுத்திரம் மாதிரி. வாடா நரேஷ்னு எப்ப கூப்பிடப்போறார்னு தெரியலை. நரேஷின் கண்களில் குருவைக்காணத்துடிக்கும் சிஷ்யனின் ஏக்கம்

app_engine
10th September 2009, 03:09 AM
முதலில் இதைப்படிங்க :
http://jeyamohan.in/?p=3884

(தன் நண்பர் ஒருவருக்கு விக்கியின் "ரயில் ராசா" உட்பட சில கட்டுரைகள் உள்ள "சொல்வனத்"தை ஜெமோ சிபாரிசு செய்ததற்கு வந்த பதில்)

சொல்வனத்தின் மறுப்பு இங்கே :
http://jeyamohan.in/?p=3923

இசை பற்றி ஏதாவது வந்தால் (குறிப்பாக ராசா இருந்தால்) அங்கே சர்ச்சைக்குப்பஞ்சமில்லை :-)

raagas
14th September 2009, 02:54 PM
http://movies.rediff.com/report/2009/sep/14/south-kannada-movie-review-bhagyadha-balegaara.htm

"Maestro Ilayaraja has composed some classic compositions like Kannalle Kaaduvanu, Bhagyadha Balegaara and Minchulli. The director has taken a lot of care to shoot the songs. Ilayaraja's background score is also excellent."

Sureshs65
14th September 2009, 08:29 PM
Yes raagas. I too love the Bagyada Balegara numbers but quite a few other reviews were not very positive about the music!!! Sometimes I wonder if they listen to the music at all before they write the review!! Ofcourse this can be taken as a lament of a fan but I believe there is definitely a trend to dismiss the music in a hand waving fashion and not worry too much about the intricacies.

app_engine
14th September 2009, 08:41 PM
Some more marketing gimmick - Mohan Lal to do an "intro" in Pazhassi Raja :

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/malayalam/top-stories/2009/mohanlal-pazhassi-raja-140909.html

Whatever it is, the simplicity of M & M and the co-operation that exists between them for many years is something that TF stars can look at :-)

irir123
14th September 2009, 10:08 PM
There is no marketing gimmick here IMO

For Mohan lal's "GURU", Mammootty gave the introduction to each and every track in the album

baroque
15th September 2009, 01:39 AM
நினைத்துப் பார்க்கிறேன் .....என் நெஞ்சம் இனிக்கின்றது!

ஸ்ரீ.பாலா salutes ஸ்ரீ.இளையராஜா

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/ennodu-paatu-padungal-28/ :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:

raajarasigan
15th September 2009, 12:46 PM
நினைத்துப் பார்க்கிறேன் .....என் நெஞ்சம் இனிக்கின்றது!

ஸ்ரீ.பாலா salutes ஸ்ரீ.இளையராஜா

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/ennodu-paatu-padungal-28/ :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:

baroque,

Can you briefly elaborate what this link is all about?? In my office, this is restricted :evil: :angry2:

Thanks

Plum
15th September 2009, 05:47 PM
it was suresh gopi for guru

Sureshs65
15th September 2009, 06:08 PM
Plum,

In the audio cassette it was Mammootty who introduces each song. Infact the tape starts with 'Gyaan Mammoottyyanu' or something like that :} I haven't seen the movie so I wouldn't know if there was an introduction in the movie but the audio had Mammooka.

Plum
15th September 2009, 06:35 PM
I think it was Suresh Gopi. If I am not wrong, he also worked in GURU. Or, as evidenced in the manmadha leelai details in HUB, my memory is slowly deteriorating...

app_engine
15th September 2009, 06:45 PM
Guru had Suresh Gopi in one of the main roles (with that peculiar outfit). He shared the screen with Mohanlal.

However, it was Mammootty who gave his intro's to songs on the audio cassette (which I still have).

baroque
15th September 2009, 09:19 PM
rajarasigan,

in Hamam nalangu maavu ... ennodu paattup paadungal program - JAYA TV.
They have SENIOR SERIES.
In each episode, At the beginning, S.P.B. recalls a musical composer(old and current) and says few nice things about
them, salutes their contribution to Indian cinema and sings a song composed by them.
IN THIS WEEK, HE SALUTES SHRI.IR & sings
காதலின் தீபம் ஒன்று .... :)
LOVE YOU S.P.BALA! :bluejump:
Vinatha. :D

raajarasigan
16th September 2009, 03:00 PM
baroque,

Thanks for the update. SPB is always in praise of our IR whenever he gets any chance... :2thumbsup: I will check the link somewhere else and see the full content.

Fliflo
16th September 2009, 04:21 PM
Collections of Raja's BGM work is uplaoded by some Raja Fan in this site.

http://www.youtube.com/user/yowan1977#play/uploads/1/Xxe8uGs9exM :)

vem
16th September 2009, 09:21 PM
i am hooked to nandala for the past several days. I think this is a fantastic album as melodious as the ones from the 80s.

Especially mella oorndu oorndu song is just so delightful to listen to - reminds me another beauty from IR from Paatu padava (nil nil nil).

On a side note, I just love the badavara song from Prem kahani...... How can he just melt us with his melodies. Just he can do that. He could have chosen someone who knows Kannada for that song. SS sounds a bit too inflexible for the language.

Sureshs65
17th September 2009, 01:24 PM
Vem,

I too had the same feeling about Sadhana Sargam and the 'badavanA' song. It would have been great had it been sung by someone who knew Kannada. Somehow I find that she has some difficult hitting the higher registers. Susheela or Janaki at their peak would have made this an unforgettable number. He could have probably used Chitra for this.

interz
17th September 2009, 06:51 PM
http://tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2009/September/170909b.asp

I am a very rare visitor to Ilayaraja thread, but I am glad he is doing this.

Looking forward to it.

raagas
17th September 2009, 06:58 PM

Looking forward to it.

What is he doing? Can you please translate.

interz
17th September 2009, 07:07 PM

Looking forward to it.

What is he doing? Can you please translate.

He will do a concert i London in November. Furthermore he will compose a song for Eela Tamils.

Yuvan, Karthickraja, Chinmayee & Shreya Goshal will be at the grand event too.

app_engine
17th September 2009, 07:11 PM
கடந்த சில மாதங்களுக்கு முன் லண்டனில் ஒரு மாபெரும் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்த ஒப்புக் கொண்டிருந்தார் யுவன் சங்கர் ராஜா. ஆனால், இலங்கையில் நடந்த பெரும் போரினாலும், அப்பாவி தமிழர்களின் அழிவினாலும், இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியைப்போய் இப்போது நடத்துவதா என்ற வருத்தத்தில் கேன்சல் செய்துவிட்டார்.
ஆறாத ரணம் மனசில் இருந்தாலும், ஆறுதலாக இருக்கட்டுமே என்று முடிவு செய்திருக்கிறாராம் இப்போது. கூடுதல் போனசாக இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியே இசைஞானி இளையராஜாவின் தலைமையில் நடைபெறுகிறதாம். நவம்பர் மாதம் லண்டனில் ஏற்பாடு செய்யப்பட்டிருக்கிறது இந்த விழா. இதில் தனது குழுவினரோடு கலந்து கொள்கிறார் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா.
முதன் முதலாக துபாயில்தான் அவர் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்தினார். அங்கு ரசிகர்கள் கொடுத்த வரவேற்பின் காரணமாக சென்னையிலும் அதே போல் ஒரு நிகழ்ச்சி நடந்தது. பிறகு கலைநிகழ்ச்சி நடத்துவதில் ஆர்வம் காட்டாத இளையராஜா, இந்த முறை லண்டன் நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு வர ஒப்புக் கொண்டதே இலங்கை தமிழர்களின் மனசுக்கு ஆறுதலாக இருக்கட்டுமே என்றுதானாம். இதில் பாடுவதற்காக தனியாக ஒரு பாடலை கம்போஸ் செய்திருக்கிறாராம். இது உலக தமிழர்களின் மனசை உருக்குவதாக அமையும் என்கிறார்கள் இப்போதே.
யுவன், கார்த்திக்ராஜா, சின்மயி, ஸ்ரேயா கோஷல் என்று ராஜாவின் ட்ருப்பில் நட்சத்திர விவிஐபிகளும் உண்டு!

Abbreviated translation of main part :

IR has agreed to do a concert in London (after YSR cancelled his concert in Toronto due to the war at Srilanka) only with a view to console the eezhaththamizharkaL living in London. He'll compose and include an exclusive song for that in the concert as well.

IR's orchestra will do the concert. YSR / KR / Chinmayee / Shreya Goshal will take part.

app_engine
17th September 2009, 07:31 PM
While I'm not too enthusiastic about IR doing a concert (it's even scary nowadays to have him on stage with a mike), THAT SPECIAL SONG is definitely something to look forward!

When it comes to capturing strong emotions, very few can better him. And we need a strong song to capture the emotional status of this issue. (A small wish - a few emotional singers - like Kamalahasan, Yesudass, Chitra and Shreya should sing this song along with Raja, if there is going to be release of it later).

app_engine
18th September 2009, 09:35 PM
Reason why Bala is an IR loyalist (i.e. until now :-) ) :
http://www.koodal.com/tamil/movies/directors/bala

Also, this article is interesting to read :
http://cablesankar.blogspot.com/2009/08/2_21.html

jaiganes
19th September 2009, 12:23 AM

enna adhu 'until now'.
pudhusa enna kelapureenga?

crvenky
19th September 2009, 06:51 PM
Thanks to Rakesh in Orkut community.
Ilayaraja scores for lyricist Piyush Mishra....
There should be a lot of excitement for Raaja's fans as he scores for lyrics penned by Piyush Mishra, for the film 'Arjun' produced by UTV movies.
Mishra has penned lyrics and scripted for the acclaimed films like Black Friday, The Legend of Bhagat Singh, Gulaal, Dev D , Paanch and is writing script for Yash Raj films too..
....this news seems to be exciting.
------------------------------------
http://www.naachgaana.com/2009/03/13/piyush-mishra-i-keep-stealing-experiences/

crvenky
19th September 2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks to my friend Kamal on the Orkut:

Raaja sir scores music for a Sinhala movie!
~~Vasanthiyum Lakshmiyum Pinne Njanum which was released in 1999 by filmmaker Vinayan earned much acclaim for the lead hero Kalabhavan Mani . This movie was later remade in Tamil as Kasi with Vikram in the lead role and later in Telugu and Kannada as well. Now the latest we hear 10 years after its release is that the movie is to be made in Sinhalese as Soorya by the Indian born Srilankan director Niranjan.

Buzz up!

Niranjan who plans to release the movie in Srilanka and Europe is very clear about his choice as he says, "The reason I chose the film was because it proved to be successful in all its adaptations. We hope it would add to the commercial value of the movie. Since we get latest facilities in Chennai, I chose to do the post-production work in Chennai."

While Ilayaraja will score the music for the movie the director Niranjan and Srilankan actress Kanchana Mendis will form the lead pair. Plans are being made to shoot most parts of the movie Soorya in the picturesque locations of Srilankan, save for a song sequence which is to be shot in Switzerland.

http://telugu.galatta.com/entertainment/telugu/livewire/id/Vasantiyum_Lakshmiyum_Pinne_Njanum_in_Sinhalese_30 064.html

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/malayalam/top-stories/2009/vasanthiyum-lakshmiyum-sinhalese-180909.html

app_engine
20th September 2009, 01:51 AM
kAsi pAttukku Swiss shooting'A?
kodumai :-(

Sureshs65
20th September 2009, 06:27 AM
app_eng,

Same sentiments when I read the news :D But then, when some people can claim that Hariharan's voice is most suited for 'village type' songs what stops the director from claiming that Switzerland is the best place to picturize village songs :lol:

app_engine
21st September 2009, 08:00 PM
Digression

marAthi film for foreign-language-movie catagory of Oscar, as official entry from India, a bio pic on Dhadasaheb Phalke. In other words, 'pazhassi rAjA' unselected :
http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/article/sid634-a_film_on_phalke_for_oscars/

end-digression

(sour grape comment : In any case, it would not have been considered for OST or songs in the Oscar, not being in the main category :-) )

app_engine
21st September 2009, 08:09 PM
Another 'pazhassi rAja' digression :

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/going-is-great-for-mammootty-with-loud-speaker-success_100250259.html

Look at Mammootty's calendar :-) He seems set to release 2 movies per month for the rest of the year (phenomenal feat considering that he is the top one or one of the top 2 in MF)

End-digression

app_engine
21st September 2009, 08:17 PM
IR as a witness in a bank fraud case being investigated by CBI :?
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/50095.html

I'm surprised that a 1988's 4 lakh bank fraud case by some xyz producer is being investigated by CBI with celebrities as witnesses to testify etc!

Sounds extremely funny - for such an amount, even Chennai 'kattappanjAyaththu' rowdies may not be that much interested nowadays :-)

rajasaranam
22nd September 2009, 05:01 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/2caj2u.jpg

From the link above we can see that the audio is being marketed by 'think music' a division of sathyam cinemas, chennai. We can hope for a speedy release to the market :)

raagas
22nd September 2009, 06:11 PM
Digression

marAthi film for foreign-language-movie catagory of Oscar, as official entry from India, a bio pic on Dhadasaheb Phalke. In other words, 'pazhassi rAjA' unselected :
http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/article/sid634-a_film_on_phalke_for_oscars/

end-digression

(sour grape comment : In any case, it would not have been considered for OST or songs in the Oscar, not being in the main category :-) )

It also depends on whether the film-maker submitted his film as entry to the Indian Govt. (committee which scans films and decides to be sent for Oscars). Pazhassi Raja has been recently completed and we are not sure if its complete postproduction work is finished or not. That Marathi film, on the other hand, has been completed in Dec-2008 and has already been showcased in few film-festivals. (technically, its a 2008 film i think).

irir123
23rd September 2009, 04:02 AM
is the audio available at least in Kerala ? anyone from Kerala here ?

irir123
23rd September 2009, 04:46 AM
http://mp3musichub.blogspot.com/2009/09/pazhassi-raja2009-latest-mammotty-film.html

Plum
23rd September 2009, 06:27 AM
Raagas, pazhassi raja was rejeeted in favour of the marathi movie.
P.S: dev d also rejeeted :-)

Irene Hastings
23rd September 2009, 09:23 AM
Yesterday at Isainyani's house, Bombay Jayashree performed for a navaratri programme which was well attended. Raja was very receptive to us and he was very cheerful and joking at people all the way . It was a different IR :shock: :roll:

Bavadharini welcomed the guests .

It was an open session. All were welcome !

Is IR changing now ?

Hulkster
23rd September 2009, 05:28 PM
Actually IR has always been very kind to his fans and overall to anyone. He is only serious during work otherwise a very jovial person. Problem is people like to make a big deal of any nitty gritty he encounters and thus the "exaggerated" perception.

irir123
23rd September 2009, 05:57 PM
IR's 'professional' side is perhaps vastly different from his 'off' work side - besides, he is so straightforward that no matter who the other person is, he speaks his mind!

app_engine
23rd September 2009, 10:51 PM

enna adhu 'until now'.
pudhusa enna kelapureenga?

நான் சும்மா ஒரு முன் ஜாமீன் மாதிரிப்போட்ட "until now" உண்மையாயிடும் போலிருக்கே? அடுத்த படத்துக்கு ரஹ்மான் என்பதாக ஒரு இழையில் படித்தேன் :-)

kiru
24th September 2009, 02:50 AM
I am not so positive. I have seen pithamagan and sEthu and am not impressed. Maybe compared to other directors he is good. Recent times, I have liked chEran, thangarBachchan, ameer, gautham menon to name some. These guys have a clear style/genre in which they play very natually. Bala is over-analytic and does a very forced delivery.

app_engine
24th September 2009, 03:03 AM
http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/vishal-aarya-in-balas-next-film_100251038.html

This is the link that talks about Bala having plans to work with ARR.

Must be market considerations :-( IMSO, there's no better song than 'kaNNil pArvai' this year! எப்படியானாலும் இது "றெக்கை முளைத்த - இல்லை, வளர்ந்த - கிளி" தானே! :-)

However, it's questionable whether any of his previous kind of movies would have had a wider reach than they had, simply by adding a more expensive technician.

He knows the movie making trick, definitely. I have no doubt that he can make a full fledged comedy etc. For a greater reach - ARR or otherwise - his subject has to be lighter (Sethu is the lightest of his movies so far and had the max reach - since then he has been only getting darker, movie after movie).

irir123
24th September 2009, 05:26 AM
app_engine - if what I heard is true, there are more reasons to Bala choosing ARR over IR for his next venture!

Apparently, Bala, I believe is not very happy with IR taking over NAN KADAVUL completely with his BG score without consulting him! that IR's judgement turned out to be perfect is a different issue - but from Bala's perspective, IR simply rode roughshod dictating terms in the BGM dept without asking for Bala's opinion! at least this is what I heard

and Bala hopes to have a better association/camaraderie with ARR - which might actually happen

Sureshs65
24th September 2009, 06:13 AM
irir123,

I have heard similar reports about Murugados and 'Ramana'. That Raja was very happy seeing the movie and took over the BGM completely. That Murugados wanted a sad song in the end by Raja refused saying it wouldn't do good to the movie. Again, Raja's judgment and BGM for that movie turning out to be perfect but Murugados not happy with Raja's taking over of the BGM. That is why he went to Harris for his next movie. Again, not sure how far it is true but going by the grapevine what you say now seems familiar.

irir123
24th September 2009, 08:23 AM
the same grapevine thingy i think might have most likely happened with Mani Ratnam over 'Thalapathy' as well! in Thalapathy's case, i think the songs were the problem - MR narrates story to IR and by afternoon, IR finalises all the tunes and end of story - no more changes despite MR wanting to hear more tunes - once again, it was IR's judgement of the film, its needs and the songs cudnt have been better fits! but MR is unhappy!

Shankar
24th September 2009, 11:06 AM
It's a typical ego clash case right? The director thinks he's the captain of the ship, but a foot soldier does the right thing :)

raajarasigan
24th September 2009, 11:40 AM
the same grapevine thingy i think might have most likely happened with Mani Ratnam over 'Thalapathy' as well! in Thalapathy's case, i think the songs were the problem - MR narrates story to IR and by afternoon, IR finalises all the tunes and end of story - no more changes despite MR wanting to hear more tunes - once again, it was IR's judgement of the film, its needs and the songs cudnt have been better fits! but MR is unhappy!

This story is quite new to me for IR-MR split... what I heard earlier for their split..

As most of us know that Thalapathi was composed and recorded in Bombay. During one of those composing sessions, GV (MR's brother / Thalapthi's producer) got a call from chennai that IR's mother was very serious... but GV thought if he communicates this to IR, recording will be spoiled.. so he did NOT inform IR about this.. IR is very kind / affectionate for his mother... later IR came to know this and upset which caused the split between him & MR though there is NO direct split between them anytime....

this paved the way for another brillaint composer ARR...

K
24th September 2009, 12:53 PM

This story is quite new to me for IR-MR split... what I heard earlier for their split..

As most of us know that Thalapathi was composed and recorded in Bombay. During one of those composing sessions, GV (MR's brother / Thalapthi's producer) got a call from chennai that IR's mother was very serious... but GV thought if he communicates this to IR, recording will be spoiled.. so he did NOT inform IR about this.. IR is very kind / affectionate for his mother... later IR came to know this and upset which caused the split between him & MR though there is NO direct split between them anytime....

this paved the way for another brillaint composer ARR...

I think Raja's Mother passed away in Nayagan time.

K
24th September 2009, 01:06 PM
http://ngprasad.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-post.html

Enna Kodumainga Ithu. Raja Suttutaaram.

raagas
24th September 2009, 01:32 PM

Its not that way. IR had problem with K.Balachander, who was producing Roja and hence MR had to opt for new composer.

Hulkster
24th September 2009, 06:49 PM
app_engine - if what I heard is true, there are more reasons to Bala choosing ARR over IR for his next venture!

Apparently, Bala, I believe is not very happy with IR taking over NAN KADAVUL completely with his BG score without consulting him! that IR's judgement turned out to be perfect is a different issue - but from Bala's perspective, IR simply rode roughshod dictating terms in the BGM dept without asking for Bala's opinion! at least this is what I heard

and Bala hopes to have a better association/camaraderie with ARR - which might actually happen

Bala was giving interviews saying thalaivar was so spellbound that he made sure the BGM was first class and after hearing it he felt that the effect of the movie was enhanced 40 times more and you heard this? :?

Anyways its normal for people choosing other composers for more commercialised, simple scripts. Thalaivar caters to the script which has complicated screenplay. :D

app_engine
24th September 2009, 06:53 PM
http://ngprasad.blogspot.com/2009/09/blog-post.html

Enna Kodumainga Ithu. Raja Suttutaaram.

If I remember correct, that was music played from a record / cassette. Much like the way "english" songs as funkitown, stayin' alive etc. got played for some 'cool scenes' in the early 80's.

I used to listen to the theme in question frequently in Radio Australia during college days - i.e. much before agni *.

இந்த வலைப்பூ மக்கள் இன்னும் என்னென்ன கண்டுபிடிப்புகள் செய்யப்போறாங்கன்னு தெரியலையே? எப்படியோ ராசாவைக்குறை சொல்லியாவது பத்துப்பேர் சந்தோசமா இருந்தாச்சரி :-)

app_engine
24th September 2009, 06:55 PM
Anyways its normal for people choosing other composers for more commercialised, simple scripts. Thalaivar caters to the script which has complicated screenplay. :D

app_engine
24th September 2009, 06:58 PM
It's a typical ego clash case right? The director thinks he's the captain of the ship, but a foot soldier does the right thing :)

எப்படி இருக்கீங்க சங்கர்ஜி? ரொம்ப நாளைக்கப்புறம் வரீங்க :-)

The "average project manager" v/s "phenomenally talented techie" analogy also comes to mind :-)

rajasaranam
24th September 2009, 07:56 PM

Arya along with Bala was in a TV interview post NK release. Arya was explaining That he was apprehensive about the extreme/Intense emotions Bala was expecting from him and was afraid he cannot do justice to the role. For which Bala replied to him "you do as I say, if it is 1 time Raaja is there to multiply it tenfold times don't worry".
After Arya saying this Bala joined in with a nod and said 'There are no heroes in my movie, Arya is not the real Hero, Its Raaja music which is the real hero. (Eyewitness account - I dont remember which TV show was it :()

Few days later, post Rahmans Oscar Win Bala was questioned Why not Rahman's music for his movie there was a curt reply stating 'Rahmans style of music will not suit my movies'.

Even after all this If Bala is going to ARR... nothing matters why Worry, Dont cry ya, Be happy..cool down cool down cool down. :D

rajasaranam
24th September 2009, 08:03 PM
..Extension :)

Pre Shivaji announcement there were rumors running amuck that 'Raaja may score for the movie. We were all keeping our fingers crossed while some ARR fans ridiculed 'Shankar' Padathukku Raaja musicaa Settey aavaathey and eventually Shankar too decided on the same lines.

Lets start meesic now 'Bala Padathukku Rahman music'aa :shock: Moreover Given Bala's temperament and attitude what I heard is only before Raaja he is like a 'Potti Paambu'. If ARR is accepting to work with Bala 'Appuram Aandavan Vitta Vazhi' :lol:

app_engine
24th September 2009, 09:20 PM
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2009/bala-arya-vishal-240909.html

The way in which these news reports are worded suggests only the "intention" of Bala.

அதுக்கு ஆலிவுட், பாலிவுட் என்று படு பிசியாக இருக்கும் ரஹ்மானும் சம்மதிக்க வேண்டுமல்லவா?

I think the whole intention of such news leaks is to irritate IR (or find out how he reacts) with a view to force him to refuse (if and when Bala approaches later) :-)

That way, Bala'll be free to sign-up any composer without guilt - anyone whose name will please the producer - disti's

(My another hunch is ARR will refuse and recommend GVP :-) )

Plum
24th September 2009, 09:38 PM
Yes, I think this will be rejeet from Rahman's side :lol:
Already, Maddy is campaigning in ARR threads. Namma remba kashta pada vENAm. Maddy paarthuppAr ;-)

Shankar
24th September 2009, 11:23 PM
eden-ji,
nAn nallA irukkEn. oru chinna thiruththam - nAn ingE adikkadi varuvEn. EppovAvadhu post paNNuvEn :)

anegan
25th September 2009, 01:04 AM
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2009/bala-arya-vishal-240909.html

ஏனுங்க நா இந்த நியூஸ்a படிச்சு ரொம்ப நாளாச்சுங்க. இது ஏதோ page hit counterகாக எழுதனதாட்டம் இருந்ததனால இங்க post பண்ணாம உட்டனுங்க. ஏனுங்க இத போயி பெருசா பேசீடிருக்றீங்க?

-

Hulkster
25th September 2009, 06:52 AM
Arya along with Bala was in a TV interview post NK release. Arya was explaining That he was apprehensive about the extreme/Intense emotions Bala was expecting from him and was afraid he cannot do justice to the role. For which Bala replied to him "you do as I say, if it is 1 time Raaja is there to multiply it tenfold times don't worry".
After Arya saying this Bala joined in with a nod and said 'There are no heroes in my movie, Arya is not the real Hero, Its Raaja music which is the real hero. (Eyewitness account - I dont remember which TV show was it :()

Few days later, post Rahmans Oscar Win Bala was questioned Why not Rahman's music for his movie there was a curt reply stating 'Rahmans style of music will not suit my movies'.

Even after all this If Bala is going to ARR... nothing matters why Worry, Dont cry ya, Be happy..cool down cool down cool down. :D

TV Show was kalaignar TV and the Arya one was Coffee with Anu on Vijay TV.

app_engine
25th September 2009, 09:20 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/sep-09-04/shruti-haasan-24-09-09.html

rAsA congratulates Shruthi Hassan :-)

app_engine
26th September 2009, 02:09 AM

ஏனுங்க நா இந்த நியூஸ்a படிச்சு ரொம்ப நாளாச்சுங்க. இது ஏதோ page hit counterகாக எழுதனதாட்டம் இருந்ததனால இங்க post பண்ணாம உட்டனுங்க. ஏனுங்க இத போயி பெருசா பேசீடிருக்றீங்க?

-

ok, it keeps showing up in one site or other :
http://www.planetradiocity.com/musicreporter/gossip.php?gossipid=1418

The interesting thing is talking about "doing a quickie" and "replacing IR with ARR" together :-)

app_engine
26th September 2009, 02:16 AM
raaja.com (supposedly the official website of IR) badly needs a lot of updates :-(

It's one thing of not updating the contents, which is quite sahikkable. The unsahikkable thing is while navigating if you click the "home" link, it does not take you home but to here :
(which used to be the original URL for this site, now a portal owned by someone else, offering links such as "free download" :( )
http://www.raajangahm.com/index.html

Hulkster
26th September 2009, 07:51 AM
No, raajangahm is no more in use; when a domain has been unregistered or unused they temporarily fill it up with related searches.

Well it seems the latest is the www.ilaiyaraaja.in website that is currently being updated by www.agimusic.com

IR's yahoo groups has also been mentioning about a makeover for raaja.com website and it seems after contacting the original developers, they are in agreement for anybody taking over the website.

sivasub
26th September 2009, 02:02 PM
what is this new controversy all about

http://www.greatandhra.com/ganews/viewnews.php?id=16308&cat=1&scat=4

rajaalltheway
26th September 2009, 09:24 PM
"what is this new controversy all about

http://www.greatandhra.com/ganews/viewnews.php?id=16308&cat=1&scat=4"

Whats wrong in demanding 2 crores?? if the organizers want and has got deep enough pockets let them hire ayya..if not let them find someone else..

ezy0265
26th September 2009, 09:46 PM
rajaalltheway,

The news is still hear-say, and most probably generated by some anti-raja. So lets not waste effort by commenting till it is proven to be true.

irir123
26th September 2009, 10:44 PM

Whats wrong in demanding 2 crores?? if the organizers want and has got deep enough pockets let them hire ayya..if not let them find someone else..

kanda kanda stars ellaam 15 kodi - 20 kodi game shows kku vaangumbodhu, whats wrong in IR demanding paltry 2 crores ?? adhuvum avaraa poi chance kekkalayey ? avarai thedi pogumbodhu avar ketkaradhula yenna thappu ??

Hulkster
27th September 2009, 08:14 AM

kanda kanda stars ellaam 15 kodi - 20 kodi game shows kku vaangumbodhu, whats wrong in IR demanding paltry 2 crores ?? adhuvum avaraa poi chance kekkalayey ? avarai thedi pogumbodhu avar ketkaradhula yenna thappu ??

I actually think if its true, he is purposely avoiding them as he does not like to say no straight at your face unless he is super angry.

Anyway its hearsay like ezy said so lets not bother about it.

krish244
28th September 2009, 08:22 PM
[tscii:c59b73375f]Okay...this is actually in hungarian language. Translated to english using google translate. I think its about one of the musicians (Attila Laszlo) from hungary who played for Raja in Chennai.

http://www.zene.hu/20090924_laszlo_attila_zenesz_barataival_egy_kulon leges_meghivast_kapott

"Jazzgitárosa and one of Hungary's most famous composer, Attila László, Béla Lattmann (bass) and Big John (piano), together with a fantastic invited to meet in August. Attila was recognized in 2000 - a visit to Budapest - IlaiyaRaaja Indian composer who has incredibly respected and popular in their homeland.

During his career he wrote nearly 4500 songs and soundtracks composed almost 900. IlaiyaRaaja's Laszlo Attila from CDs and compositions attracted the interest of a possible joint work and visit in Budapest, Attila is also one of the guitar compositions. Raaja once again visited Hungary, but it was pre-war to Attila that you want to see him again.

"The meeting hummed themes számaimból occasion, and a melody, which is composed of filmzenéjéből quoted. He asked whether I want to have to travel to India in August and play the recordings. A few weeks after arriving at the ticket and the letter of invitation. Two musician colleague, Bela Lattmann Big John on bass and pianist who went into Chennai (former Madras) in late August. "- Says Attila.

The Hungarian trio IlaiyaRaaja 882nd soundtrack recording from the Indian recording studio. Raaja melodies and rhythms of Indian music based on the compositions are beautiful, in which European-sounding, but perfectly fitted into dallamvilágú musicians play. The course work with a lot of excursions, since the entire film was produced by the staff and microbus drivers provided by the Hungarian musicians to familiarize themselves with the surroundings beautiful sights.

"The entire bidding was done a bit like the story, there is often a very special experience, they were fabulous." - Remember back Attila spent ten days in India.

The joint work will be continued, since the famous composer in the autumn once the Csillaghegy studio will work. It could even, perhaps, that Attila László, Babel and his friends recently released album titled debut concert to the composer's visit. The concert of the Budapest Jazz Club on 26 September will be starting at 21 hours, contributing Laszlo Attila (guitar), Emilio (vocals, beatbox), Catfish Veronica (vocals), Kalman Olah (piano), Zoltan Csanyi (piano) and Béla Lattmann (bass ). Attila László and Friends September 26 on November 6 after the Jazz club Tile arise."

http://www.myspace.com/attilalaszlo

thanks,

Krishnan[/tscii:c59b73375f]

rajasaranam
29th September 2009, 12:33 AM
Krishnan,

Cant understand anything even after translation :x One thing is sure 'Laszlo Attila' is somehow associated with Raaja and they have come together for some composition in August 2009 (Is it Pazhaasi?!). :D
Right now Listening to his music from his website http://www.laszloattila.com/ , it sounds good (Jazz guitarist).
Further search revealed this site about a concert titled 'Film music with Ilaiyaraaja' on 30th Sep Budapest. http://gruvr.com/band/attilalaszlo/Sep-30-09
Waiting for a clear picture on whats happening between Raaja and Attila 8-)
BTW he has included Raajas name in his biografia.... In Hungarian :evil: Hungarian therinjavanga yaaravathu vaangappa :oops:

Bala (Karthik)
29th September 2009, 02:10 AM
Raaja made an appearance in the Kamal 50 years function at Nehru indoor stadium. Raaja entry semma alapparai, whistle parakkudhu (Rahmanukkum). What a pleasant surprise!

Hulkster
29th September 2009, 07:12 AM
I think the story is about the concert in budapest where they worked with thalaivar in chennai regarding the flow of events and songs to use and reworked them for the concert this 30th sept. So this is the tour thalaivar is going for :cool: I think thalaivar can start having a hungarian name just in case :lol2:

AravindMano
29th September 2009, 09:23 AM
Raja wins Tamil Nadu State Government Award for 'Ajantha'.

rajasaranam
29th September 2009, 11:14 AM
Raja wins Tamil Nadu State Government Award for 'Ajantha'.

ithu Ennappa Comedy (http://www.tn.gov.in/pressrelease/pr280909/pr280909_658.pdf) :lol:

rajasaranam
29th September 2009, 11:32 AM
I think the story is about the concert in budapest where they worked with thalaivar in chennai regarding the flow of events and songs to use and reworked them for the concert this 30th sept. So this is the tour thalaivar is going for :cool: I think thalaivar can start having a hungarian name just in case :lol2:

Oh Well! Laszlo Attila is the same Laszlo Kovacks who worked as the Conductor with Raaja in the recordings at BSO.

krish244
29th September 2009, 12:50 PM
WOW! Some surprising tidbits around here. I am surprised that the unknown (not to us) album "Ajantha" has bagged Raaja the best music composer award.

Raaja appeared at at Kamal's 50 year! Missed it. Any video around?

Regarding Laszlo and Raaja...wishing for some surprise offering (however small it is).

thanks,

Krishnan

crvenky
29th September 2009, 06:02 PM
IR in Kamal's function.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/19594.html

rajasaranam
29th September 2009, 06:39 PM
Thalaivar, Rajni & ARR (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kamal_aimbathu290909/565981.html) in Kamals Function :clap:

jaiganes
29th September 2009, 08:20 PM
Thalaivar, Rajni & ARR (http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kamal_aimbathu290909/565981.html) in Kamals Function :clap:
nalla blow up panna vendiya padam. idhulayum uLkuththu irukkunnu solvaangalo?

app_engine
29th September 2009, 09:40 PM
Now Bala-ARR is replaced with Bala-YSR in the gossip columns....
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/sep-09-04/bala-29-09-09.html

K
29th September 2009, 09:43 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/09/29-kamal-is-a-real-all-rounder-rajnikanth.html

இசைஞானி இளையராஜா பேசுகையில், இது குடும்ப விழா. நேற்று சரஸ்வதிக்கு பூஜை இன்று அவரது மகனுக்கு பூஜை. அவருக்கு கடவுள் நம்பிக்கை இல்லை. ஆனால் கடவுள் அவர் மீது நம்பிக்கை வைத்துள்ளார் என்றார்.

irir123
29th September 2009, 11:39 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2009/09/29-kamal-is-a-real-all-rounder-rajnikanth.html

இசைஞானி இளையராஜா பேசுகையில், இது குடும்ப விழா. நேற்று சரஸ்வதிக்கு பூஜை இன்று அவரது மகனுக்கு பூஜை. அவருக்கு கடவுள் நம்பிக்கை இல்லை. ஆனால் கடவுள் அவர் மீது நம்பிக்கை வைத்துள்ளார் என்றார்.

typical IR talk/speech!!

thumburu
30th September 2009, 02:14 PM
It is indeed surprising that IR won state award for "Ajantha" which didn't release at all. Suspecting some kazhaga kaNmaNigaL's hand, I thought Raja might have won for "ULiyin Oasai" though it richly deserves one. Anyways I like 2 songs in "Ajantha" , "yaarkku yaarendru" . a nice, peppy number by UnniKrishnan and the dreamy duet by Raja/Shreya "yaarum thodaadha ondrai" . I would have loved "thoorigai indri" if only it were rendered by somebody capable like Chitra or Shreya or Sujatha. Manjari is inadequate in bringing out the beauty of "Lalitha" or "Paras" scale this song is based on. I only wish Raja uses more of Unnikrishnan instead of unsteady voice of Sriram Parthasarathy

ajaybaskar
30th September 2009, 02:22 PM
Pazhassi Raja Kunnathe Konnakkum Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD-1nk0vQKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD-1nk0vQKw&feature=related

raajarasigan
30th September 2009, 04:39 PM
MSV + IR + ARR ...!

I got this news from one of my friends... need to see the exact link / site having this news...

but if it happens, we as music lovers should be very very proud & blessed seeing this....

:bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump:

இவர்களின் இசைக் கச்சோ*ரியை தனித்தனியே கேட்பதே பேரானந்தம். மூவரும் இணைந்து இசைக் கச்சே*ரி நடத்தினால்? கற்பனை இல்லை மகா ஜனங்களே, நடக்கப் போகும் நிஜம்.

அக்டோபர் 9, 10, 11 ஆகிய தேதிகளில் பெப்சி தொழிலாளர்களின் அகில இந்திய மாநாடு நடைபெறுகிறது. சென்னை நந்தம்பாக்கம் ட்ரேட் சென்டர் மற்றும் நேரு உள்விளையாட்டரங்கம் ஆகிய இடங்களில் இந்த மாநாட்டு நிகழ்ச்சிகள் நடைபெறவுள்ளன.

மாநா**ட்டை மத்திய இணை அமைச்சர் ஜெகத்ரட்சகன் தொடங்கி வைக்கிறார். அன்று மாலை நேரு உள்விளையாட்டரங்கில் நடைபெறும் விழாவில் தமிழக முதல்வர் கருணாநிதிக்கு வாழ்நாள் சாதனையாளர் விருது வழங்கப்படுகிறது. இந்த நிகழ்ச்சியில் கமல், ர*ஜினி உள்ளிட்ட திரை பிரபலங்கள் கலந்து கொள்கின்றனர்.

மறுநாள் அதாவது 10 ஆம் தேதி மாலை நேரு உள்விளையாட்டரங்கில் எம்.எஸ்.வி., இளையராஜா, ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் மற்றும் பிற இசையமைப்பாளர்கள் பங்கேற்கும் பிரமாண்ட இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடக்கயிருக்கிறது.

நிறைவு நாளில் நேரு உள்விளையாட்டரங்கில் பிரமாண்ட நட்சத்திர கலை இரவு நடைபெறும். இந்த மாநா*ட்டை ஒட்டி மூன்று தினங்கள் அனைத்து படப்*பிடி*ப்புகளும் ரத்து செய்யப்படுகிறது.

raagas
30th September 2009, 04:56 PM
raajarasigan,

what is the news about?

app_engine
30th September 2009, 04:59 PM
raajarasigan,

what is the news about?

I guess you can't read Thamizh.

It's about a film field felicitation to Karunanidhi , CM of TN and has a music concert where MSV / IR / ARR will take part.

kameshratnam
30th September 2009, 06:43 PM
MSV Raja and Rahman have come on the same stage for honoring Dr.Kalaignar

Raja sang 2 songs which he had written and composed

Rahman sang vandemataram

K
2nd October 2009, 06:53 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/news/2009/10/02-ilayaraja-came-to-cbi-court.html

ithuvum News than

Sureshs65
2nd October 2009, 11:46 PM
irir123,

Pls check yr PM.

AravindMano
13th October 2009, 11:14 AM
Yesterday Vijay TV telecasted Kamal 50 show. Raja made an entry exactly when i reached home (thank all gods!) and the first person to greet him was Myshkin. Raja voda kaal la vizhundhu aasairvaadham vaanginaar. Hope that ends all the rumours about them.

Renault
13th October 2009, 11:33 PM
and when Prabhu deva danced for Raja kaiya vecha song .. Kamal pointed fingers at Raja that nothing goes wrong when he touches :D

Show's all's well for cynics :P

K
14th October 2009, 04:18 AM
http://www.tamilrain.com/ulaga-nayagan-kamal-50-13-10-2009/ulaga-nayagan-kamal-50-golden-jubilee-function-day-2-part-13-video_6c6a1d232.html

Thalaivar Sings for Kamal

raagas
14th October 2009, 10:39 AM
eenadu telugu paper carried a news article. A New Telugu film named "Om Shanthi" will have music by Ilaiyaraaja. The movie will star Navdeep. Good to hear that he has some Telugu assignments too.

rajasaranam
16th October 2009, 10:26 AM
[tscii:ccf79f1cf2]Ilayaraja’s tunes for Om Shanthi (http://www.ragalahari.com/news/7683/ilayarajas-tunes-for-om-shanthi.aspx)

It is well known that a film titled ‘Om Shanthi’ is being produced as the 2nd film by Seshu Priyanka Chalasani (daughter of Aswini Dutt). The 1st was ‘Banam’ that won rave reviews from critics as well as the audience. ‘Om Shanthi’ featuring Navdeep, Kajal Agarwal, Nikhil, Bindu Madhavi and Aditi Sharma has a new comer Prajash Dantuluri as director. Ilayaraja who had given many unforgettable musical hits for Aswini Dutt’s banner Vyjayanthi Movies is now composing the music for this youthful entertainer. So let’s hope that this will also certainly be a musical hit for Three Angels Studio banner.[/tscii:ccf79f1cf2]

K
16th October 2009, 01:57 PM
http://apsaravanan.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-post_14.html
http://apsaravanan.blogspot.com/2009/10/2.html

arumaiyana writeup must read

Sanjeevi
16th October 2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks K

rajasaranam
19th October 2009, 01:56 PM
நம்மள இன்னுமாடா இந்த ஒலகம் நம்பிகிட்டு இருக்கு (http://www.dailythanthi.com/thanthiepaper/17102009/fe_1710_mn_31_cnil.jpg)
That Raaja has lost his commercial edge long back is a known fact yet these Debutant Artistes wants Raaja to carry their film's on his shoulders. Sadly Raaja has taken a stand that he will work mostly with debut directors. But these 'Jameenraj's without having an iota of cinema knowledge (We can judge that from Poster Design itself..It sucks!) getting chances to work with Raaja is surprising!
பக்கத்துலயே இன்னொரு போஸ்டர் வேற. 60% சேது 40% சாது...அட ங்...
அதுல அறிமுக நாயகன் நிர்மல் இதுல வெறும் நிர்மல்...அதுக்குல்ல ஸ்டார் ஆகி அடுத்த போஸ்டர்'ல அடைமொழியோட வருவார் போல!

ப்யாரிலால் குந்த்ச்சா'வோட டாட்டர் பேரு பிங்கி, சன் பேரு நிர்மல். அஸ்பயரிங் டைரக்டர் ஜமீன்ராஜ் எப்படியோ பிங்கி'ய உசார் பன்னிடாரு. மேட்டர் தெரிஞ்ச நிர்மல் என்னை கீரோவா போட்டு படம் எடுக்றா மாதிரி பித்தாஜி'ய கரெக்ட் பன்னிடலாம்'ன்னு ஒரு செட்டிங் பன்னி இந்த தீபாவளி'க்கு ஒரு பூஜைய போட்டு வச்சிருகாங்க. இனிமே என்ன நடக்க போகுதுன்னு பொறுத்து இருந்துதான் பார்க்கனும். ஆனா என்ன எல்லாம் நடக்கும்ன்றதுக்கு இந்த சம்பவம் ஒரு உதாரனம்.'பாலு தம்பி மனசிலே' குந்த்ச்சா'ஜிக்கு 'பால் தம்பி மனசிலே'ன்னு கேட்டு இருக்கு அதான் அந்த புள்ளிக்கு மேலயும் டைட்டிலுக்கு அப்புறமும் ஃபுட்பால் படம் போட சொல்லி இருக்கார். டைரக்டர் மறுப்பு தெரிவிக்கறதுக்கு முன்ன நிர்மல் அவர் கைய்ய புடிச்சு அமுக்கிட்டார். அவர் மெல்லவும் முடியாம முழுங்கவும் முடியாம டைட்டில் டிசைனுக்கு ஏத்த மாதிரி கதைய எப்ப்டி மாத்த்றதுன்னு யோசிச்சுகிட்டு இருக்காறாம். அதே மாதிரி சேதுவுக்கும் சாதுவுக்கும் முதல்ல டைரக்டர் 50* 50 தான் கொடுத்து இருந்தாராம் அதற்க்கு ஃப்ளாட் பிஸினசிலும் கொடி கட்டி பறக்கும் 'ஜி' அவர் தொழிலுக்கு ஏற்றாற் போல் 55* 45 அல்லது 60 40 அல்லது 65 35 தான் இருக்கனும் இப்பெல்லாம் 50 50 ஜாயின்ட் வென்ச்சர் லாபம் தருவது இல்லை என்றாராம், பேரத்தின் முடிவில் 60 40 என்பது முடிவானதாம். டைரக்டர் பிங்கியை கை கழுவி விட்டு 'கம்ப'த்திற்க்கு இரயில் ஏறி விடலாமா என யோசிக்கையில் நாயகன் நிர்மல் அவரை உடும்பு பிடியாய் பிடித்து கொன்டுள்ளாராம்.

Watever If there is going to be an audio release then well and good. I've lost hope on these new Directors as far as the Raaja's movie associations are concerned.

Bala (Karthik)
19th October 2009, 02:44 PM
பக்கத்துலயே இன்னொரு போஸ்டர் வேற. 60% சேது 40% சாது...அட ங்...

Sureshs65
19th October 2009, 04:08 PM
Hilarious quote RS :lol:

Yup. The recent new directors who worked with Raja were lagging a lot behind the earlier new directors like Bala. Bala made 'Sethu'. These new directors are hell bent on making us 'Sethu'. Wonder how Raja still retains his sanity after watching these films (probably multiple time for the BGM.)

jaiganes
19th October 2009, 05:55 PM
RS!
andha linke comedy unga writeup innum comedy!!
top to bottom andha pageE oru udans mela maadhiri theriyudhu,
compose panra dinathandhi oozhiyargal sense of humor romba highnnu ninaikaren...:=)

SVN
20th October 2009, 08:59 PM
Hilarious! This 60% Sethu, 40% Sadhu eero Nirmal must be the producer Pyarilal Gundacha (Seth)'s son, and his sister 'Pinky' must be lending her name to the production! The director Jameen/ Panchayat/ Sarkar Raj must have been paid a handsome sum of Rs. 1000 as advance! Uppuma-company, kanji padam, vathal hero, vengaya director! Doesn't look legitimate at all... If at all the film defies all logic and does get made, it remains to be seen if IR is going to offer his music as Kalyana Chappadu or just a oorugai to go with the above menu!

Instead of working with talented guys like Shashi Kumar and Radhamohan, who could offer him challenging and fulfilling work, IR seems to attract (and fall for) half-baked debutants

Shankar
20th October 2009, 10:12 PM
>>>>>>
Instead of working with talented guys like Shashi Kumar and Radhamohan, who could offer him challenging and fulfilling work
<<<<<<

May be they aren't ready to work with him. But let's admit that James vasanthan and Vidyasagar have done justice to the faith the directors had on them.

K
21st October 2009, 02:33 PM
http://apsaravanan.blogspot.com/2009/10/3.html oru raja rasiganin kathai thodarugirathu

anegan
21st October 2009, 07:59 PM
http://apsaravanan.blogspot.com/2009/10/3.html oru raja rasiganin kathai thodarugirathu

அந்த கிறுக்கன் சொல்வது எல்லாமே உண்மைகள் தாம். சென்ற வாரம் கூட என்னை ஒருவர் பைத்தியம் என்று சொன்னார். எல்லாம் இளையராஜாவை பற்றி பெசியதினால்.
இன்று காலை வேலைக்கு வரும்பொழுது ஒரே ராஜா எண்ணம் தான். வந்ததும் TFMPAGEல் மூழ்கி விட்டேன். APSARAVANANனின் எண்ணங்களே எனது எண்ணங்களும்.

இளையராஜா அவரது பாடல்களால் என்னை ரொம்பவே தாலாட்டி விட்டார். எனது நோய்க்கு மருந்தாகவும் இருந்திருக்கிறார். என்றைக்காவது நேரம் கிடைக்கும் பொழுது அதை பற்றியும் எழுதுவேன். கடவுள் ராஜாவுக்கு நீண்ட ஆயுளை தர வேண்டும். என் கலாசார இசையயை எனக்கு கொடுக்கும் வல்லமையயும் எண்ணமும் இளையராஜாவிடம் மட்டுமே இருக்கிறது.

njv
21st October 2009, 08:26 PM
http://apsaravanan.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-post_14.html
http://apsaravanan.blogspot.com/2009/10/2.html

arumaiyana writeup must read

Reminds me of my old days, except that it was Kamal instead of Rajni for me. Thanks for the link.

baroque
24th October 2009, 05:04 AM
ஸ்ரீ.இளையராஜா at NETFLIX.

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Illayaraja_Win_Isaithalu/70111713?trkid=147042

NOT 'instant watch' :(
COME ON, NETFLIX, I LOVE MY ROKU.

vinatha.

K
24th October 2009, 01:43 PM
Guru
Part 1 - http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=ZTCMD4CS
Part 2 - http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=M9WM5U6Y

was searching something and came across this treasure, enjoy.

app_engine
26th October 2009, 07:50 PM
[tscii:0bb1973dbe]K posted this link in YSR's thread :
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2009/10/24/stories/2009102451541200.htm

Quite interesting to read the references to his dad. A sample :

DADDY COOL

Dad is a man of few words. He rarely discusses my compositions. But I hear him humming my numbers to my nephew. The recent one is a hit from the Telugu flick “Oy”. A musical genius in the family is both a huge advantage and a disadvantage. I’ve absorbed so much from my father. But, at the same time, fans keep writing to me saying they expect more from me — because of my lineage!

[/tscii:0bb1973dbe]

Sureshs65
27th October 2009, 02:56 PM
This link was posted by Vijaykumar in IR Yahoo groups. Looks like Raja will be performing live with BPO in India.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/Ilaiyaraaja-unplugged/articleshow/5167592.cms

crvenky
27th October 2009, 03:09 PM
Great news!!

Raja is preparing for a live concert in Mumbai, Delhi and Chennai in collaboration with the Hungary Symphony Orchestra. He will perform on January 26 in Mumbai.

He is scoring for another Hindi film Mausam currently with BSO!!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/music/Ilaiyaraaja-unplugged/articleshow/5167592.cms