PDA

View Full Version : Raja's Gems - the latest one you heard...Part 3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Sureshs65
26th September 2011, 11:01 PM
KV,

I know one guy in twitter who will strangle you for that statement. That 'chellam' has too many suitors I say!!

Aravind,

Your roomie must feel that there is some Malayala Bhagavathi ghost around :D Tell him it is not a ghost but only Shreya *now to run off before KV comes here *

Sureshs65
26th September 2011, 11:02 PM
Our friend equanimus pointed out this superb song on twitter: http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR3192%27&lang=en

I don't know why I have never heard this song before. Outstanding. How many more treasures like buried!!

KV
26th September 2011, 11:03 PM
skr, thanks a ton for sharing that title piece and BGM, what loveliness!
V_Sji, you should give a shot at playing this on your piano and share it with us! Eagerly waiting for this.

San_k, thanks for bringing up Chokkanukku.... beautiful melody, hearing it after a long time.

KV
26th September 2011, 11:14 PM
Sureshji, if anyone's willing to drive this ghost away, they are welcome to direct it to my place... idhayaththin kadhavu eppozhudhum thirandhu irukkum indha deiva kuzhandhaikku. :mrgreen:
And who's that twitter distabans <roll sleeves up, thighs thump> Oru kai pAthruvOm.

Equa seems to make recos from the 90s regularly (remember you posting punnagayil minsAram some time back). I've too haven't heard this one, nice song.

venkkiram
27th September 2011, 08:09 AM
சிநேக வீடு : ஆவனித்தும்பி .. ஸ்ரேயாவின் குரலில் தேனில் ஊறிய பலாச்சுளை போல இனிக்கிறது. சரணம் வரும்போது என்னையும் அறியாமல் "ஆளை அசத்தும் மல்லியே..." பாடலின் சரணம் ஞாபகம் வந்தது.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qW3G8huzLlk

V_S
27th September 2011, 08:32 AM
Thanks a lot KV for your confidence. Definitely I will try, there are so umpteen compositions Maestro has given us, but still being a beginner, it will take a while to first atleast decipher the notes with my teacher and start begin to play. Definitely it will happen one day, if not very soon. Thanks again!

venkkiram
27th September 2011, 09:19 AM
கன்னிராசிப் படத்தில் தலைப்புப் பாடல். "எளவட்டம் எளவட்டம்தான் எங்க கட்சி பரவட்டும் பரவட்டும்தான்" இளமையான ராஜாவின் குரலை கேட்பதிலே உள்ள சுகமே தனிதான். பாடலாசிரியர் யார் எனத் தெரியவில்லை.இரண்டாவது சரணம் இப்படி முடிகிறது. "கல்யாணம் இல்லை, கவலையும் இல்லை, கருமாதி தலைகீழா நடந்தாலும் தப்பில்லை!". வாலியா, கங்கை அமரனா, வைரமுத்தா இல்லை குருவிக்கரம்பை சண்முகமா? சரியான லொள்ளுத்தனம்.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5rHiKGuavM&feature=related

app_engine
27th September 2011, 10:17 PM
'prati dinam nee dharshanam' of anumanaspadam in loop (mayanginEn sollaththayanginEn's Telugu avatAr).

In one area where Shreya G, who is in my select club with SJ / PS / KSC as the all-time-fav-female-playback-singers, overtakes KSC is laughing while singing. (Ofcourse, not anywhere near SJ whose competition is only SPB).

May be it's me, but KSC's songs always put me in serious mode. Even in jolly numbers like chinnakkuyil pAdum or pattAsa chuttu chuttu, there's an amount of seriousness / studiousness / inexplicable thingy that drives me into "serious listening" mode and not so much of relax / giggle mode. Shreya G made me smile this AM when she does that "laughter + cheppu" part.

I didn't want to rate her > KSC in any aspect in my mind and so wanted to find out some KSC number where she made me relax this way...couldn't get any quickly from memory...(I do giggle for sivarAththiree but not for the right reason)...people, please help in identifying some KSC songs that are funny...until then, ShreyaG scores over KSC in this aspect...

(SJ is on the top however, who can throw me into all kinds of emotions, what a capability periyammA!)

Plum
27th September 2011, 10:45 PM
How about maarugo maarugo maarugayi(sathi leelavadhi), although it perhaps proves your point more than it disproves it. Scratch it, on second thoughts. muyaRchchi singing, perhaps.

Disclaimer:I am a big fan of Chitra and when she arrived, in the fresh flush of 80s, have been on her camp vs Janaki's.
Even now, Janaki's voice doesn't do it for me. Can kind of respect and admire SJ but she doesn't make my "adore" list.

baroque
27th September 2011, 11:47 PM
முதா கராத்த மோதகம் ஸதா விமுக்தி ஸாதகம் ...

Dear இளையராஜா, you pray to Lord கணபதி for us with ஸ்ரீ.கணேச பஞ்சரத்னம்.

I see divinity in your film music ... a dose இளையராஜா song ... guaranteed stress buster !
I only need your மியூசிக் to pep up my mood and hope.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPNTTMd7kUQ&feature=related

vinatha

app_engine
27th September 2011, 11:48 PM
AhA, Plum, you reminded me of the original 'mARugO mARugO' of veRRi vizhA :-)

That 'jingu-chakkA' is perhaps the most jubilant / freaky / funny sound ever made by the Miss.Serious :-)
(Possibly the SPB effectu :wink:)

baroque
28th September 2011, 06:39 AM
My energy is flying high this evening while driving with

POPISH ILAYARAJA WITH JAZZY PIANO AND SCAT SINGING.....NETRU INDHA NERAM....TIK TIK TIK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHKOc4zVS_o

KING OF POP,ILAYARAJA, THE GREATEST!
டிக் டிக் டிக் - என்ன ஆல்பம் இது!

ராசா, you are rocking non-stop from 80s!

vinatha

KV
28th September 2011, 12:09 PM
App, I’m with you on this one. For all the sweetness and precision in her singing, I’ve found Chitra wanting in emotions when it comes to fun songs. Somehow, that ‘let go of oneself’ required for some songs doesn’t happen with her. Periamma (hehehe, enna oru christening, App!) is the undisputed queen in this regard. While in some songs like Maarugo and Pakkam vandhu ninnAl enna one can see Chitra trying to make an extra effort to tread the unfamiliar territory, the numbers are way too few when compared to Janaki. One example that instantly pops up in my mind is Machchi mannAru. Raaja’s singing is bang on the buck, sAvadi singing. And almost sounding lost, Chitra renders it quite meekly (I don’t know, maybe the song demanded her to sing that way). Her voice and singing has an unmistakable ‘chammathu ponnu’ quality to it, the flipside of being technically top-notch, maybe.
Janu’s voice, on the other hand, can oscillate between the timid-girl to ultra-hottie with baffling ease, albeit a shaky/screechy tone; the effortless versatility easily weighing down the not-so-good aspects.
Shreyakutti’s vocal ability is yet to be explored wholly, me thinks, but the output so far has been extremely satisfying. There’s only one way she’s heading and that’s towards greatness; quoting a cliché, legend in the making.

Querida
29th September 2011, 03:01 AM
KV, great detailed analysis :smile:

One example that instantly pops up in my mind is Machchi mannAru. Raaja’s singing is bang on the buck, sAvadi singing. And almost sounding lost, Chitra renders it quite meekly

never heard of machan manaru song before...http://www.mayyam.com/talk/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif
Janaki would have been just as expressive and candid as Raja in this song...

you can hear Chitra trying to fit the character of the song in these lines:

"ada sammu sammunu vaasam
sallu sallunu thookkum
sammu sammunu vaasam
sallu sallunu thookkum"

"nOvu oru nOvu puriyaama aeRum "

Her voice and singing has an unmistakable ‘chammathu ponnu’ quality to it, the flipside of being technically top-notch, maybe.
Janu’s voice, on the other hand, can oscillate between the timid-girl to ultra-hottie with baffling ease, albeit a shaky/screechy tone; the effortless versatility easily weighing down the not-so-good aspects. :exactly:

even when Chitra sang "Madura Marikozunthu Vaasam" with Mano on Junior Super Singer she was very bashful...but the punch is what makes this song...

especially when singing lines like:

"idhu ippOdhu vaattudhennae
paattu oNNai avuththu vidu "

well atleast she is not completely emotionless...she certainly is soulful when it comes to melodies and sad/yearning songs.

Querida
29th September 2011, 03:05 AM
recently stuck on Thakida Thadimi...thought I would listen to whole album again
what a surprise when i came upon:"Kaaviri Mangai Vanthaalammaa Ennudan Kaiveesi"
I don't even remember ever hearing this song in the movie....I even checked if TP just listed the song wrongly...
I instantly recognized that it was the Tamil version of "Kinnerasaani" from Sitara...still cannot fathom how I forgot it though...

raagas
29th September 2011, 11:48 AM
Querida,

Kinnersani was recorded for Saagara Sangmam. I still have no clue what made them (the team: K.Vishwanath, Ilaiyaraaja, Veturi, SPB, Kamal Haasan) record it for that film, particularly in the song "naada vinodamu"... because it clearly doesnt gel well with the melody of naada vinodamu or even with the situation. Though Kinnera saani is a good piece, it sounds very abrupt (and forced) when it is flowing from naada vinodamu. Sounds as if there is absolutely no connection!
I am glad that sense prevailed and they removed it from the film, having retained it in tapes. The assistant director - Vamsy, then took this left-over piece and used it in Sitara.

Querida
30th September 2011, 02:54 AM
You are so very right...I cannot imagine how that would have gone down if they had stuck with Kinnersani...
Naada Vinodamu is one much more serious and more of a philos./aesthetic theme in the lyrics
oh well as you said, atleast good sense prevailed!!
Thank you for clarifying that I do not have amnesia when it comes to one of my fave films!

kiru
7th October 2011, 11:43 PM
That the indian ethnic stock is not homegeneous is quite obvious. Per recent research (or probably old wisdom) the indian continent was populated by successive waves of migration. There is almost general consensus that human race originated in Africa. As such, the early inhabitants of the continent migrated from African in to India and through the then existent land bridge into Australia. Later groups developed in other areas and moved in to India (middle east ?, central asia ?) and settled (kuDi) . Either due to natural propensity or probably the new inhabitants having developed farming pushed the early inhabitants to the hills and mountains. Certain physical characteristics (flat nose, curly hair, black skin) that might lend credence to this are observable with the hill tribes in Tamil Nadu/Kerala/Karnataka. Obviously, the region must have witnessed quite a bit of conflicts but also a rich culture through intermingling. Tamil scholars use the term kudi which I would translate into settlement. The word aadivaasi probably of recent origin to me captures the history much better than the english tribe. We are all tribes.. probably belonging to different kudis. The language/culture united these all. The language classified the geography into kurinji (hill), mullai (forest) (two describing the deccan plateau), marudham (seaside), neidhal (farm land/plains) and paalai (desert/dry land). Each geography has its own micro-culture and hence distint music (instruments and probably even the tunes/raagams). Having travelled the breadth and width of the tamil country including kerala borders IR brings the flavors of these lands to his music. The beatsy/rhythmic hill/african influence to the themmangu of the farm lands. One such song where the hill/tribal singing is used to a dramatic effect is raaman aandalum/raavan aandalum. The almost intact tribal singing is used as prelude and interludes with the filmy charanams. With didactic introduction aside, enjoy the song at http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00376&lang=en.

Sureshs65
8th October 2011, 12:17 AM
Nice writeup Kiru. I think the folk thing comes from Karnataka. I remember hearing it in a Kalinga Rao tape.

Yesterday was hearing two Malayalam beauties. 'Sharadendhu Paadi' and 'Shivamallipoove'. Extraordinary compositions.

V_S
9th October 2011, 09:22 PM
Wow! wonderful write-up kiru!

I am still unable to come out of Sri Rama Rajyam. I don't know how many times I would have listened to it from the date of release (almost two months now). I have not missed it a single day and every time I listen, it feels very fresh and new, as if I am listening to it for the first time. That's the uniqueness in Maestro's compositions. Even if there are no new more new releases this year, it's absolutely fine with me. This soundtrack can run with me for years. Every composition is 'Navarathnam'. Ideally there should be no contest for any awards for this amazing soundtrack. Easily the best of Maestro not just in recent times. :notworthy:

Please bring in "Maestro's roaring 2010s" in the polls. My vote would be there, just for SRR :smile:

KV
9th October 2011, 10:52 PM
V_Sji, I finally found the Telugu version of Vaa nAlukku nAl (that we'd discussed a while back). The song starts off 'ee vayasannadhi' (listed as Brathukantha Judam) from the movie mAngalya Bandham (http://www.cinemelody.com/Labels/Suman_Movies_Songs_Download/Mangalya-Bandham-Songs-Download.htm)
Raagas/Suresh65/Plum, any dope on this movie?

//where the heck's the hyperlink feature gone? and the add pic/video? Mods :argh:)//

V_S
10th October 2011, 03:46 AM
KV,
Thanks. Just the mention of the song triggered the wild trumpets. Addictive song! I think the link for brathukantha judam (ee vayasannadhi) was removed from the page, so unable to listen.:sad: Surprising that this song was added to film MAngalya Bhandham which is Naan Paadum Paadal's telugu version. Yes would like to know more from Sureshji, raagas and Plum.

Sunil_M88
10th October 2011, 04:08 AM
Please bring in "Maestro's roaring 2010s" in the polls. I second V_S ji here. Though initially I was gaga over Ananamar kathai, but now my Raaja saab Tamil song of the year nomination vote goes to Enna pol. Hands down Thandavakone is one of the best albums this decade has witnessed as of now. I still hear this album on a daily basis :clap:

kiru
11th October 2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks Suresh and V_S. You gentlemen are great writers. I just mentioned some things I just read about.
Just wanted to mention one song which has some personal relevance for me. I heard this first time on my first international flight to the US on Singapore Airlines. Pretty impressed in listening to my own language on an international carrier. The song sounded pretty modern to me at that time (and I think it is still cool). If you think about it all the hit songs of IR have a unique "rhythm arrangement". This term became much more popular from 90s onwards I think. There is a switch to tabla in the charanams with a scale change (?).Mano is not necessarily my favorite singer. His voice seems to lack that depth. But having heard him recently on a TV show he seems to have matured as a singer and the voice is much more "open". Somehow, what in tamil grammar is referred to as 'irattaik kiLavi' (eg, kala kal, sala/sala etc) based lines in songs makes them more groovy. Enjoy the kala kalakkum maniyOsai at http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00126&lang=en

rajkumarc
11th October 2011, 12:15 PM
Listened to Aanandham Aanandham (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41yKxi2jAEY) from Pootatha Pootukkal sung by SJ. A song that wonderfully depicts the jubilant mood of a husband-wife expecting a child. This feeling is prevalent in each and every second of the song and that's what makes this special. You would just be filled with an inexplicable joy after listening to this number.

Have anyone watched this Mahendran movie? It had Malayalam actor Jayan as the lead.

raagas
11th October 2011, 01:08 PM
V_Sji, I finally found the Telugu version of Vaa nAlukku nAl (that we'd discussed a while back). The song starts off 'ee vayasannadhi' (listed as Brathukantha Judam) from the movie mAngalya Bandham (http://www.cinemelody.com/Labels/Suman_Movies_Songs_Download/Mangalya-Bandham-Songs-Download.htm)
Raagas/Suresh65/Plum, any dope on this movie?

No idea about this. I myself discovered this song only 5 years ago!

KV
11th October 2011, 02:37 PM
The mind loops back two decades to the weekend mornings, dimply lit by the then, shy Bangalore sun that always seemed to hide behind blinds of clouds, meekly peeping and showing its face only occasionally. Weekends in primary/middle schooling meant holidays on both, Sat and Sun, a relief that most kids beyond high school yearn to get back. And weekend as kids also meant ‘oil-bath’, time for lazing, loosening up and cooling down oneself, though, even such occasions for luxury needed a lot of coaxing into for many bratty kids. More often than not, my grandma would volunteer to take charge. I wasn’t really a brat, but that wouldn’t stop my grandma from giving me perks for allowing her to help me relax. Can affection be showered any better?
Bangalore, then, being much cooler normally than what it is nowadays, would usually render the coconut oil thickened and even almost solidified. Scooping out two spoons of it from the stainless steel container (no Parachute/branded oil then; was bought ‘in loose’ from the local grocery store), my grandma would heat the oil it in a small steel cup; the viscous white fluid melting into a glistening transparent liquid. Then came the special part, the bonus. She’d put a little of the heated oil in a tiny frying pan and throw in a handful of raw rice, pepper and tulasi leaves and fry them till the rice turned golden brown. Now, this isn’t some herbal treatment for the skin, but rather strangely, a bath-time snack. Yes, you heard me right; this was something to munch on while the body was being smeared and massaged with the heated oil. All along she would hum songs – her perennial favorites Raadha samedha Krishna and Chinna Kannan azhaikkiraan - her honey soaked voice not missing a note even though her hands were busy working the oil on her grandson while also keeping a check on the temperature of the water filling up in the bucket. All that I had to do was sit and let myself unwind, munching on the cripsy rice and Thulasi leaves, as the oil smoothly soaked me up and seeped in, her silky singing echoing in the background – a princely life.

“Meeting and parting are illusions, separation is the real truth.” – OV Vijayan, in ‘The Airport’.

My grandma is no more; she passed away four years back. Shadowing the sadness, a sense of pain, guilt and shame takes over, thinking of the troubles I’d given her as a kid, the tricks and pranks that I’d played on her. But the happier moments and sweet memories linger on and soothes the pain, temporarily at least. I childishly long for the warmth and affection of my grandma and grandpa though I know I will never get it again, ever. Shine on, paatti, thaatha; bless us.

This morning, on the way to office, I happened to listen to ‘Unnai pattri sonnaal’ from Maththiya Chennai. The soft, silky tune that glides effortlessly and the lively bass and drums that keep rhythm brought back memories of the heated coconut oil and crispy rice and Thulasi leaves. I could momentarily sense the warmth and cuddle of my grandma. Thanks Raaja.

V_S
11th October 2011, 09:11 PM
kiru,
Great song shared. Very enjoyable post. Please write frequently sir.

KV,
Very poetic and a very moving post. :notworthy: Started off with your carefree weekend kid life with your utmost love and care by your grandma. You broke my heart when you said about grandma's passing away. Very sad and sorry to hear about your grandma.

Wonderfully linked and finished with an appropriate song which is just a feather touch. KV you too please write frequently.

app_engine
11th October 2011, 10:56 PM
Fantastic posts, kiru & KV!

brought back memories of the heated coconut oil and crispy rice and Thulasi leaves

KV,
Your above post brought back memories of my strong refusals to eNNaikkuLiyal to mom :oops: She had her way anyways...it was gingelly (sesame) oil and fried garlics in my case. Yes, those garlics were extremely tasty :-)

There's going to be some theory-ist who'll connect such upbringing to liking rAsA songs :-)

kiru
11th October 2011, 11:50 PM
KV .. what an idyllic childhood. crisp narration ..you were fortunate. The coconut oil freezing is really a good indicator of the temperature/seasons, I guess. This used to happen in my hometown in TN as well (whether this global warming is real or not.. we are surely reducing green cover in the country) especially during the maargazhi months. Yes, it was cold as well, when women in the streets walked with wet clothes to the corner amman temple early in the morning. As app mentions, it is sesame oil (that once the tamil country exported to Egypt aeons ago !!) in TN. If I remember there are two times a year you cannot miss the eNNaikkuLiyal - one diwali and another boghi (right ?). And I heard a bit song on boghi done well in daLapathi this morning .. http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00627&lang=en

(BTW, thanks guys for encouraging me to write. These days I take the train to work and listen on headphones along the way. So the reason for my posts here)

rajkumarc
12th October 2011, 01:37 AM
Beautiful and moving post KV. Brought back memories of my grandma as well. In my case, it was gingelly oil followed by Arappu/Seeakkai kuliyal, the later part is what i dread the most :smile: Bathtime snacks is new to me, didn't have that privilege :smile:

jaiganes
12th October 2011, 03:11 AM
Fantastic posts, kiru & KV!

KV,
Your above post brought back memories of my strong refusals to eNNaikkuLiyal to mom :oops: She had her way anyways...it was gingelly (sesame) oil and fried garlics in my case. Yes, those garlics were extremely tasty :-)

There's going to be some theory-ist who'll connect such upbringing to liking rAsA songs :-)
one fondly remembers touser rama rajan being given an oil bath by Vinu chakravarthy in "Enga ooru paattukkaaran" - I hated those oil baths then - still not fond of them too much..
but on days of special festivities, the oil bath added some new dimension - particularly when one beats the rush to get early in the line on a diwali morning - even a sticky oil bath is worth having...

KV
12th October 2011, 03:02 PM
V_S, App, Kiru, rajkumarc... nandri'nga.
I'm still not sure why this song caused the rewind. I mean, something like Azhagiya KannE is understandable in this situation. This song doesn't even have the nostalgia tag attached to it. Hmm, music, very strange thing, i tell you.

skr
12th October 2011, 11:04 PM
KV , That was a really nice write up ..
As V_S has mentioned ,u shd write more ..i miss your Raaja of Erotica posts ..

Also thanks for Telugu version of Vaa Vaa Naalukku Naal
Can you also give Telugu version of Kodai Kala Katre , never hrd it b4 ?

KV
14th October 2011, 12:06 PM
Thanks skr. You can listen to the Telugu version (kondagAli thirigi) here (http://www.sakhiyaa.com/madhura-geetam-1981-%E0%B0%AE%E0%B0%A7%E0%B1%81%E0%B0%B0-%E0%B0%97%E0%B1%80%E0%B0%A4%E0%B0%82/).

KV
14th October 2011, 12:13 PM
AagAyam boolOgam (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1258','SNGIRR1259','SNGIR R1260','SNGIRR1261','SNGIRR1262','SNGIRR1263'&lang=en)from Jackpot, SPB (and Sunandha?), 1993. I've never heard this song before. Lovely melody (set in 7/8, mishra chApu).

Plum
14th October 2011, 03:21 PM
Jackpot is a Malayalam movie, KV. The malayalam song goes "Thaazhvaaram...". I don't remember anything after that. I am just guessing that this is the song dubbed as Aagaayam as the beginning sandhams match.There is another malayalam movie around the same time "Man of the Match", with a lovely "Kathirum Kothi". Looking at the movie names, might be the same combination of director/producer and/or actor.

KV
14th October 2011, 04:08 PM
Oh dapping padamA? I guess that explains 'adhi kAlai nEra kanavil unnai pArthen' getting rehashed into 'idhu kAdhal nenjam' here.

thumburu
14th October 2011, 08:47 PM
The mind loops back two decades to the weekend mornings, dimply lit by the then, shy Bangalore sun that always seemed to hide behind blinds of clouds, meekly peeping and showing its face only occasionally. Weekends in primary/middle schooling meant holidays on both, Sat and Sun, a relief that most kids beyond high school yearn to get back. And weekend as kids also meant ‘oil-bath’, time for lazing, loosening up and cooling down oneself, though, even such occasions for luxury needed a lot of coaxing into for many bratty kids. More often than not, my grandma would volunteer to take charge. I wasn’t really a brat, but that wouldn’t stop my grandma from giving me perks for allowing her to help me relax. Can affection be showered any better?
Bangalore, then, being much cooler normally than what it is nowadays, would usually render the coconut oil thickened and even almost solidified. Scooping out two spoons of it from the stainless steel container (no Parachute/branded oil then; was bought ‘in loose’ from the local grocery store), my grandma would heat the oil it in a small steel cup; the viscous white fluid melting into a glistening transparent liquid. Then came the special part, the bonus. She’d put a little of the heated oil in a tiny frying pan and throw in a handful of raw rice, pepper and tulasi leaves and fry them till the rice turned golden brown. Now, this isn’t some herbal treatment for the skin, but rather strangely, a bath-time snack. Yes, you heard me right; this was something to munch on while the body was being smeared and massaged with the heated oil. All along she would hum songs – her perennial favorites Raadha samedha Krishna and Chinna Kannan azhaikkiraan - her honey soaked voice not missing a note even though her hands were busy working the on her grandson while also keeping a check on the temperature of the water filling up in the bucket. All that I had to do was sit and let myself unwind, munching on the cripsy rice and Thulasi leaves, as the oil smoothly soaked me up and seeped in, her silky singing echoing in the background – a princely life.

“Meeting and parting are illusions, separation is the real truth.” – OV Vijayan, in ‘The Airport’.

My grandma is no more; she passed away four years back. Shadowing the sadness, a sense of pain, guilt and shame takes over, thinking of the troubles I’d given her as a kid, the tricks and pranks that I’d played on her. But the happier moments and sweet memories linger on and soothes the pain, temporarily at least. I childishly long for the warmth and affection of my grandma and grandpa though I know I will never get it again, ever. Shine on, paatti, thaatha; bless us.

This morning, on the way to office, I happened to listen to ‘Unnai pattri sonnaal’ from Maththiya Chennai. The soft, silky tune that glides effortlessly and the lively bass and drums that keep rhythm brought back memories of the heated coconut oil and crispy rice and Thulasi leaves. I could momentarily sense the warmth and cuddle of my grandma. Thanks Raaja.

That was a moving nostalgic recount on those selfless God sent angels called "paatti/ thaathaas" . Poor souls showered only affection on bratty grand kids knowing fully well they might not live to reap the fruits of their love. For us girls it used to be Friday early morning ordeal with paatti oiling our long hair amidst our "oohs and aahs" when she tries to unknot those unruly "chidukku". No bathtime snacking for us but lots of juicy tales during the 30 minutes to one hour soaking interval like rasagundu kadhai, mandrikumaran kadhai and other mythological stories that the telugu filmdom of yore liberally borrowed
Well, to come back to the topic, our bath time IR song used to be the "meendum kokila" jalakreedai song "ponnaana meni"

KV
14th October 2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks thumburu. Yeah, chidukku edukkardhu and pEn pAkardhu were weekly exercises that my paati did on my sis! 'Eerum pEn aagum, pEnum pisAsu aagum' she'd say while she carried out the annihilation.
Glad that the post triggered a sense of nostalgia in you guys. :)

Sureshs65
16th October 2011, 10:09 PM
KV / Plum,

The song in Malayalam goes as 'thazvaaram penpoove'. Jesudas is wonderful in it. Featured the Tamil version on twitter a few days back. Here is the Malayalam original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghFxl6ZipSs

Sureshs65
16th October 2011, 10:14 PM
As we are talking about Malayalam movies, this weekend I was in Wynad. As I was driving with my family towards Meenmutti falls, I stopped at a petrol bunk. There was a lady who was incharge of filling diesel. As I was filling up, I asked her if she could give me change for a Rs.1000 note. She said no. Around that time, the loudspeaker in the petrol bunk started playing 'olathumbil' from 'Paapuyude Swantham Apoos'. Involuntarily I sang along. The lady was surprised and asked me, 'malayaaali yaano?' No, I assured her. She smiled and gave me change for that 1000 Rs note. Hmm. Where all Raja will come to your rescue you would never know !!

Sureshs65
16th October 2011, 10:23 PM
In the drive through Waynad, heard 'Paapuyude Swantham Apoos', 'Senha Veedu' and "Sree Ramarajyam'. Very difficult to choose from these but our job is not to choose. Just enjoy. So, lovely weather, nice roads and wonderful songs. Heaven lies in these small things. My wife ofcourse played lot of early Raja (70s and early 80s). So overall great mood throughout the trip.

KV
17th October 2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the 'thazvaaram penpoove' link, Sureshji.

Plum
17th October 2011, 03:20 PM
Suresh, you mean to say you played these songs on your car audio or you heard them playing publicly in Wayanad as you drove through? Probably the former - because EVEN in Kerala, one cannot expect an upcoming other language movie steeped in that language's movie culture and having not much relevance to the home state, and without any recognised stars from the other state, to be played popularly

Sureshs65
17th October 2011, 05:59 PM
All played in my car audio :) Only the 'Pappuyude swamtham.." song played on a loudspeaker in the petrol bunk.

KV
18th October 2011, 12:33 PM
Sevvanthi pookkalil seidha veedu (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2037'&lang=en) Life is beautiful :musicsmile:
I learnt about this song some years back when Usha akka had written about it. Where is she these days?

KV
18th October 2011, 06:14 PM
Infact, this album (Mella Pesungal) has been running in loop since morning. What a gem of an album, that too for some address illAdha movie. Vallal iyya neeru. :notworthy:

app_engine
18th October 2011, 09:33 PM
Meemutti

Sweet area to travel around - that is, in the nice Oct weather and under pleasant circumstances!

Enjoy your visit Sureshji :-)

Triggered my memory of once riding a Hero Honda CD100 from Palakkad to Meemutti (bike-owner as pillion as it was a difficult route and he trusted me to handle it) to attend a beloved friend's funeral, thoroughly getting drenched in the July rains...It was an emotional moment as this great, loving man in 50's left behind an inconsolable wife & two teens and all of us cried and got exhausted when he was placed in his grave among rubber trees amidst the drizzle and intermittent downpours...

Anyways, for the last two days it was 'chittukku sellachchittukku oru siRagu muLaiththadhu' on loop in the car.

Now, a test to find out if one is a chicken or hard nut to crack :

Play 'chittukku' in the car alone and try to sing along, exactly like KJY (i.e. all the grace notes, bhAvam, modulations)

If you don't choke and if your eyes don't kalangify, you're definitely a toughie! (BTW, I'm a chicken :oops:)

Any new aspiring singer who wants to emote and not go overboard and not do too many alukkal-kulukkals like classical song but stay within the lite music's grammar, MUST listen to this composition carefully, IMSO. A lesson in singing!

V_S
24th October 2011, 06:19 AM
My son was playing a song "Looking Glass River" on piano, while I was in another room dissolving myself in Maestro's music. Slowly but steadily the music from another room travelled into me. Suddenly, something struck me. I rushed to his room and asked him play again that one piece which struck me, to get what is this composition all about. Later, I discovered that the song was based on a special technique employed during Classical Era and Romantic era by a composer named Domenico Alberti, who just lived 30 years (1710 - 1740) :sad:. Mozart too employed this technique in many of his compositions.

It is a very simple pattern of broken chord arpeggios, where the lowest (tonic) has to be played first followed by dominant (highest), then the middle note again followed by dominant note. For example, the chord pattern for a C scale I Chord would be C (lowest), G (Dominant or top note), E(Middle), G (Dominant). The pattern would be CGEG,CGEG... Many might know this already, but yesterday I discovered this, just sharing with you.

Please watch this video of the same song mentioned above. Especially look between 0:18 till 0:26. I know it's easy to find what composition I am referring to, still leaving it to you. :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YwIiEm5Q3U&feature=related

Awestruck how Maestro used this small platform, to develop and describe a wonderful situation where a female started to realize her love. Maestro does not use this technique as it is, he slows down the tempo as much as possible to bring out the essence of the technique and hence brings forth life to the composition!

A great tribute to Legends, Domenico Alberti, Mozart and to the great Classical Era by Maestro Ilaiyaraaja!

PS: Another good session on Alberti Bass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urW0KOTY1Ok
More on this: http://pianospectrum.com/blog/?action=comments&news_id=22

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urW0KOTY1Ok)

Sureshs65
30th October 2011, 08:25 PM
Listening to some lovely songs Minmini sung under Raja in Kana Praba's blog: http://radiospathy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-post_30.html

rajkumarc
1st November 2011, 01:33 AM
Enakku Piditha Paadal from Julie Ganapathy, the female version ( was it ShreyaG???). Beautiful melody and wonderfully rendered. The orchestration is rich overall and this is a number that I always loop through whenever I get to listen. It has something addictive about it that I'm not able to figure out.

baroque
3rd November 2011, 03:54 AM
Ilayaraja's Soorasamharam-----Kamal Haasan

Kamal sent the WITNESS(Aesthetic Amish Country life styles, surroundings, community etc.. BEAUTIFUL MOVIE.
Kamal missed, Sorry Kamal. tribal boy from the areas of கேரளா's இடுகி மலை, tribal community 's interesting culture , பழக்க வழக்கங்கள், அழகு மிகுந்த இடங்கள் கூட இருந்து இருக்கலாம் ...mmm without compromising the aesthetic of the movie. anyway... I am no expert ) kid to Padhiriyaar school for his protection, romancing kid's akka.
Indoor bathroom set up leyerundhu, Nirosha, eppadiyo outdoor swim pool ley vizhundhu, kamalai konjing.....idhukkellam konar notes aa poda mudiyum!:)

Anyway... Ilayaraja is the Winner!
Neela kuyiley... what a masterpiece!

Ilayaraja's changing percussion is one of my favorite.
western drums , guitar, trumpets, violins to show the tense drama of the case while affectionate, romantic sections get tabla with flute.
Prelude flute, sax melody:musicsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98C-UyCwVx8

SOORASAMHARAM is one of my favorite early Ilayaraja's album.

Thanks you Raja for your music.:ty:

vinatha.

raajarasigan
3rd November 2011, 12:16 PM
Enakku Piditha Paadal from Julie Ganapathy, the female version ( was it ShreyaG???). Beautiful melody and wonderfully rendered. The orchestration is rich overall and this is a number that I always loop through whenever I get to listen. It has something addictive about it that I'm not able to figure out.This is my favorite too... it was by ShreyaG.. :D picturization :thumbsup:

rajkumarc
3rd November 2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks raajarasigan. ShreyaG in her early days I guess, but still her tamil diction was near perfect. Her talent was quite obvious in those early numbers that she sang for IR. I love her songs in Solla Marantha Kadhai, Oru Naal Oru Kanavu etc.

BTW, Eera Vizhi Kaaviyangal video songs got uploaded in youtube. Before you click on the link, some warnings: I thought of not wanting to share as it would ruin those images that you would have painted after listening to those songs. But, still I was very curious about this movie and what made IR give such masterpieces. I'm really mad at the director for the picturization of Kanavil Midhakkum especially.

Here you go - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK8way6JhVs

KV
14th November 2011, 05:12 PM
Sindhiya venmani sippiyil muththaachu (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2828'&lang=en), after several years. Lovely. :musicsmile:

app_engine
14th November 2011, 11:16 PM
kuzhaloodhum kaNNanukku & ooru sanam when riding to work this morning!

MTK is among the all-time best albums of TFM!

In the company of Johny / nizhalkaL and the likes!

Querida
15th November 2011, 12:28 AM
BTW, Eera Vizhi Kaaviyangal video songs got uploaded in youtube. Before you click on the link, some warnings: I thought of not wanting to share as it would ruin those images that you would have painted after listening to those songs. But, still I was very curious about this movie and what made IR give such masterpieces. I'm really mad at the director for the picturization of Kanavil Midhakkum especially.

Here you go - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK8way6JhVs

I agree, curiosity got the better of me too when I saw that these songs were posted...think of the horror if we judged songs based on their picturization only....what astounding number of gems we would be blind/deaf to....

app_engine
15th November 2011, 09:03 PM
மாலைக்கருக்கலில் சோலைக் கருங்குயில் ஏன் பாடுதோ on repeat in the car this morning!

What a sweetie by the giants KJY/SJ!

rAsA's strings are gulab-jamun / rosogolla variety :-)

app_engine
16th November 2011, 05:42 PM
The adi-dhadi fun 'adiyE manam nillunnA nikkAdhadee' this AM on the drive!

yappA yappappA!

kiru
17th November 2011, 06:14 AM
Not sure whether devotionals count here - I am stuck on kadalukku naan seyyum thirumanjanam.. sengkathirukku naan kaattum neeranjanam.. amma naan selutthum geethanjali .. un aruL ennum saagaraththil thOnRum thuLi.. especially the second line (I dont understand thirumanajanam/neeranjanam anyways).
I think bhakthi is to IR what romance is to vairamuthu - both of them are very good in those particular genres. Actually, I am thinking IR might not be a bad lyricist after all..

Querida
17th November 2011, 10:53 PM
A Big Thanks to Usha-ji for introducing "Kathal Saathi" album to me,
caught in its grip =)

only downside is Bhava's song...even with Unni K as pair....sigh...is love so strong and blind that it even blocks the ears of a musical genius?

Top Picks are IR's Enna Marandhalam, Harini's version is too high-pitched for my taste
Karthik's both songs are very soothing, The sound used near the beginning of "Kaatre, Kaatre" sounds just like the one used in Shakira's "Wherever, Whenever" song..."Nethu Koodatha Vaarthe" is folkish and though the lyrics...ahem are not in favour of the better gender it's still philosophical without being drowned in sorrow...

The group songs with sons and singers, both are enjoyable, Annae Annae reminds me of Annae, Annae Sirpay Annae song from "Kozhi Koovuthu"
"Potthala Kaathula" reminds me of the playfulness used in "Nandalala" even with the bouts of dialog it works well, energetic and rambunctious...

it's not that old of a movie...why no details/reviews about movie? :huh:

http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=265042,265043,265044,265045,265046,265047,2650 48,265049,265050&mode=100&rand=0.04392992815149577

app_engine
18th November 2011, 01:14 AM
en jeevan pAduthu unnaiththAn thEdudhu - KJY version (from the movie 'nee thAnA andhakkuyil')

After the initial humming by KJY (Ah Ah stuff, that sets the melancholic tone) and a couple of salangai saththams, the suddent attack of tabla / drums, strong bass and strings - all together in a sudden burst - makes silirppO silirppu! What a terrific composition by rAsA!

I get reminded of my Malayali friend's frequent usage for certain terrific things : 'amAnushya sAdhanam' - this prelude is one such!

Divine22
18th November 2011, 09:25 AM
Dear Querida,

The movie was never released. And me thinks the stars were all new faces.

wizzy
18th November 2011, 07:16 PM
whatay song..remember this song being played in a motel in Pune...die thy lap bass lines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fltlN87GaiY

Sureshs65
19th November 2011, 07:49 AM
Querida,

Nice you got to Kadhal Jadhi. A wonderful album. First introduced to me by rajasaranam. I have written about the songs of this album here more than a few times. Plum infact called it a 'Platinum' standard.

The 'enna marandhalum' female version is by Mahathi. Her fist film song.

The movie was never released and so the songs never caught up (Given the general reluctance to listen to Raja by the general public, I am not sure the songs would have been great hits if the movie was released but you never know.) I think it is the same case with the 'Pooncholai' songs as well.

tvsankar
21st November 2011, 02:55 AM
Que,
En pera sonneengala. . Thank u .......... paatu pidichadha....... Great album this is........

tvsankar
21st November 2011, 02:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yns4MNgI9gQ&feature=related

Grand Starting..... Very Good Audio Quality.......... this is very important for RAja's songs. Could hear
all the minute sounds.surely should listen with headphone only. pl.............

tvsankar
21st November 2011, 03:02 AM
Car trip. from Hosur to Kumbakonam......... Mohan and Raja combo ............

wat an energy compositiiions.... without the tired, without the pain, we reached kumbakonam. Infact,
ada da .. adhukulae vandhudutha ooru nu..............

Beautiful GEMS.. all are...........

KV
21st November 2011, 10:51 AM
Konja naal (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?8572-Raja-s-Gems-the-latest-one-you-heard...Part-3/page205)munnaala rewind:
"Sevvanthi pookkalil seidha veedu (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2037'&lang=en) Life is beautiful :musicsmile:
I learnt about this song some years back when Usha akka had written about it. Where is she these days?"

welcome back usha madam. nice to see you back. :-)

tvsankar
21st November 2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks for ur welcome KV.. vandhuten...... login prob irundhadhu. ipo dhan sari achu.......

tvsankar
21st November 2011, 06:38 PM
chevandhi pookalil seidha veedu..... my alltime favourite......... paata solli vara vechuteenga.............

tvsankar
21st November 2011, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iTIwufA3Ok

Lovely no. Mesmerising to me....... Soothing me.. Shreya's Renditiion.. Superb..

Raja's Instrumentation........... Excellent Filling...... Sugar syrup pola.......... am big mad for this song............

think abut this Raja..... Female song.. Feelings.. He is the ONLY KING .........................

think about the raagam.. enna ragam idhu.. Charukesi flavour iruku.. sila idathil.............

app_engine
22nd November 2011, 12:20 AM
குயிலுக்குப்பம் குயிலுக்குப்பம் கோபுரம் ஆனதென்ன!
(சித்ரா, மலேசியா வாசுதேவன் - என்னுயிர்த்தோழன்) (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0791'&lang=en) on repeat in the car for the last few days!

A song that I didn't pay close attention to when it arrived or through the years. Sometime back I had a DVD full of rAsA songs that included this and even at that time didn't closely listen to this. In any case, listening to a song in car alone (or on headphones) is altogether a different experience than many other forms of song appreciation.

What a song!

There is one peculiarity with the way rAsA chose to play the tablA in the start of the song :

Typically, that chorus singing of pallavi should have been with just the claps and the tabla / rhythms should've arrived in full force only when MV / KSC break-in. Here, not only rAsA employs tabla for the chorus but also make it change the course (in the 'kAyam un kaNNuppattu' portion) like the way it typically does in a saraNam. (Not my preference, actually don't like it, but just an observation for the unusualness).

Chitra is the clear winner in this song, with gold medal. (MV silver and rAsA bronze for the reason mentioned above - chorus doing a saraNam even before the start of the pallavi IMO).

The way KSC sings 'sammatham' the second time in the first saraNam - WOW - sweetness + SJ-ism going together! Also, listen to the same chorus portion in the beginning of the song that does not have KSC and the ending of the song with KSC too in the ghOshti - what a difference in class!

The whole song showcases why KSC is much above VJ while retaining the classical precision of VJ :wink:

The second interlude, in the mold of vetti vEru second interlude, should be listed as one of the best from 90's. In the initial portion, the violins are high-pitch like Hindi songs but the Hindi MDs should learn from rAsA as to how to make them palatable - add that sweet, overpowering shenoys with them. Not just that, drop that high pitch thingy quickly and bring a terrific set of otherwise string sounds in succession, that too in combo with flute as an antidote - ennamA viLaiyAduRAr!

Come on, L-P / N-S / A-M and such high-pitch-strings-ear-irritant-MDs, learn from rAsA!

I can understand why rAsA could've been upset in this song not getting enough recognition and reusing that melody in 'thooLiyilE' of CT...

San_K
22nd November 2011, 12:31 AM
OMG now only I am realizing both tunes are similar. Why and How I missed?

app_engine
22nd November 2011, 10:17 PM
Why and How I missed?

This had been discussed in tfmpage umpteen # of times :-)

IIRC, there's a third song with the same pallavi melody that goes like 'kokkarak kOkkarakkO koovuRa sEvalukku' or something like that (exactly same notes, flute gets played as call-response or counter point, don't know which movie...may not be even rAsA)

app_engine
22nd November 2011, 10:46 PM
Here is that song, not exactly same melody but very similar :

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2512'&lang=en

(kokkarakkokkarakkO from pAdu nilAvE)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd November 2011, 11:31 PM
Is there a Tamil equivalent for this Mallu song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_0ksBODI_g

San_K
23rd November 2011, 11:41 PM
Not sure but Antha Kanji Kalayatha Vanji Sumakkaiyile (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIveu8PZ85o) comes close. Is not it? Reundum orey tune maari irukku maariyum theriyuthu, ippadi raaja tune maari pozhincha enna pannurathu.

crvenky
24th November 2011, 12:00 AM
SKV,

Pappayude Swantham Appoos was dubbed into Tamil as Poove Pon Poove. You can hear 'Solai poonthendralil' here (last song).

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00513&lang=en

Querida
24th November 2011, 08:51 AM
Heard this song playing in the background while on the phone with aunt and got hooked all over again:

Kalaivaniyo Raniyo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCW-agEF0tE&feature=related

AravindMano
24th November 2011, 09:12 PM
thAnA vandha sandhanamE. Somebody on Twitter rubbed it off on me, attai mAdhiri ottikuchchu. indha mAdhiri pAttulAm ini varavE varAdhu saar.

thumburu
25th November 2011, 01:30 PM
Heard this song playing in the background while on the phone with aunt and got hooked all over again:

Kalaivaniyo Raniyo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCW-agEF0tE&feature=related

Sindhubhairavi never sounded more enchanting than in "kalaivaNiyo raNiyo". SPB seemed to relish every word sung. Beautiful flute and strings in the interludes.

Sunil_M88
28th November 2011, 07:28 PM
Happiness by Sunil Malhotra

I’m here with my new beat and it’s the first time that I’ve structured it like a song i.e. placing interludes, hence it’s my longest piece till date. I hope you enjoy it. I usually do try my best but when making this, I personally felt it’s one of my better works. I would appreciate some feedback and please PM me if you feel it could’ve been better.

Download link – http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/11162068

Thanks,

Sunil Malhotra

kiru
28th November 2011, 11:54 PM
kannukkum kannukkum mOdhal from ninaikka theridhe manamE - ignoring the cheesy 'smile please' start, when a solo instrument like a lead guitar leads the song with the tune ..it is surely a good sign :-) the racy strings immediately behind deceive a very low key suave singing by KJY. wow.. this guy can sound so stylish ..when he sings ennanna inbam vaazhga vaazhgavE .. you know the strings are not far behind. KJY pushes to the higher octaves as only he could do .. the strings vanish as discreetly as they entered.. The interlude breaks into a stylish reedy sax..with reference to kavignar the pallavi's are much more classy than the start lines of the pallavi. I recently mentioned vairamuthu specializing in romance lyrics.. this one is not bad with lines like புருவக்கொடிஎடுத்து பருவப் படையெடுத்து ஜெயித்திடும் இனமே ...... தோற்றாலும் நானே ராஜா etc. The lyrics is credited to kaamakodiyan.. Wonder what other songs has he done. Got to post this before starting work :-)

app_engine
29th November 2011, 12:28 AM
a very low key suave singing by KJY. wow.. this guy can sound so stylish ..

What a coincidence, I was about to post the same thought today after having 'en iniya pon nilAvE' on loop in the car :-)

The way he sings the lines
நினைவிலே புது சுகம் தருறு தத்த தா
தொடருதே தினம் தினம் தருறு தத்த தா

is simply awesome!

Especially the எள்ளல் சுவை with which he belts out that "தருறு தத்த தா" - WOW!

tvsankar
29th November 2011, 02:57 AM
Kootathilae kovil pura - SPB Rocks. analum.. Rajavin Interludes.. 2 sorgam..............

Beats. jerk ilamal.......... smootha. beautiful musical Journey.................. Guitar's Beauty...... Great.........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKgEVAEgSfc

Querida
29th November 2011, 09:58 AM
kannukkum kannukkum mOdhal from ninaikka theridhe manamE - ignoring the cheesy 'smile please' start, when a solo instrument like a lead guitar leads the song with the tune ..it is surely a good sign :-) the racy strings immediately behind deceive a very low key suave singing by KJY. wow.. this guy can sound so stylish ..when he sings ennanna inbam vaazhga vaazhgavE .. you know the strings are not far behind. KJY pushes to the higher octaves as only he could do .. the strings vanish as discreetly as they entered.. The interlude breaks into a stylish reedy sax..with reference to kavignar the pallavi's are much more classy than the start lines of the pallavi. I recently mentioned vairamuthu specializing in romance lyrics.. this one is not bad with lines like புருவக்கொடிஎடுத்து பருவப் படையெடுத்து ஜெயித்திடும் இனமே ...... தோற்றாலும் நானே ராஜா etc. The lyrics is credited to kaamakodiyan.. Wonder what other songs has he done. Got to post this before starting work :-)

Kiru thanks for posting this song...i like this song exactly for the stylishness, I always have this one playing somewhere in my head :)

Divine22
29th November 2011, 11:46 AM

Hi Kiru

A rare song, among the songs that KJY have rendered for Mohan. I love all the factors about this song, the singing style, the lyrics as u mentioned, very creative. I heard this song in one of the Raagamalika episode, my heart races as KJY goes manikka teeve...vazhga vazhgave... splendid... thank you for reminding it again ;)

KV
29th November 2011, 11:59 AM
Vedham nee iniya naadham nee (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1734','SNGIRR1733','SNGIR R1732'&lang=en)
Semi-classical songs: one category where, IMO, the kerala naattu periyavaals (raveendran, dakshinamoorthy swamigal, etc) have a slight upper hand over their TN counterparts. This song, though, can potentially triumph over any heavyweights in a bout – a brahmaastram of sorts from the man. :bow:

kiru
29th November 2011, 01:02 PM
app..ofcourse en iniya pon nilavE crossed my mind ..and I said "ofcourse, he is the one who sang that one" . Maybe we should crown en iniya pon nilavE as the Most Stylish song of the 20th century in tamil film music :-) ..the young fellows can pick something from the other MDs for the next century if they want to :-)
Querida, Divine22 - we are all in the same wavelength. KV - throw any songs from KJY at me I will lap it all up. That is an amazing song.

tvsankar
29th November 2011, 05:53 PM
kiru,
KJY in Raja pidikuma. nice.

enakum.. KJY paatu ellamum pidikum. today picks are,

1.Mounamae nenjil naalum nee ezhudhum - KJY nala dhan Beauty indha paatu.

2. Senthazham poovil vandhadum thedral

3.Pookantru

4.Paarijadham pagalil poothadho.

idhu ellam carnatic base adhigam iladha paatu...

Carnatic base adhigama irukum Raja songs from KJY.. all are GEMS.

1.Putham pudhu poo poothadho

2.Rettai kiligal andraum pesum - wat a beautiful no.....

3.Sangathamizh kaviyae

4.Paartha vizhi

list is going on............

Thendral naan......... love this no too much. dono the reason.....

Divine22
30th November 2011, 06:11 AM
Hi Ushaji

Thendral Naan - KJY song, which movie is this song from ? or are u referring to Thendral Than Thingal Thaan frm Keladi Kanmani ? :)

tvsankar
30th November 2011, 05:40 PM
Divine22,
s. adhe paatu dhan. thappa lyric soliten. u r correct.

tvsankar
30th November 2011, 07:35 PM
Urakalai godavari.........lovely compositiion.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYYChWqULbY&feature=related

SPB and SJ - Beautiful competitiion for Raja's compostiiion.... Equally they are Best............

analum.. SPB's Style.. i love it.................... Paadum podhu.. Expression.. something spl skill................

SPB is the King..............

Querida
2nd December 2011, 01:10 AM
After some frantic searching found this post again! Why? Cause here obv. Chitra is no where as expressive as Raja is in "machan manaru" song...he's just brimming with mischievousness here, and I thought it just Chitra's thing to keep shall we say poised? even in a song that asks for abandon...
BUT after a long while went back to listening to Asoka album and lo and behold Chitra laying it on thick for a lusty-longing-filled song in "Oh Ratha Ka Nasha Abhi..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXWMvY1GdbE

So was IR just taking it easy on her?

Janaki would have been just as expressive and candid as Raja in this song...

you can hear Chitra trying to fit the character of the song in these lines:

"ada sammu sammunu vaasam
sallu sallunu thookkum
sammu sammunu vaasam
sallu sallunu thookkum"

"nOvu oru nOvu puriyaama aeRum "

For all the sweetness and precision in her singing, I’ve found Chitra wanting in emotions when it comes to fun songs. Somehow, that ‘let go of oneself’ required for some songs doesn’t happen with her. One example that instantly pops up in my mind is Machchi mannAru. Raaja’s singing is bang on the buck, sAvadi singing. And almost sounding lost, Chitra renders it quite meekly (I don’t know, maybe the song demanded her to sing that way). Her voice and singing has an unmistakable ‘chammathu ponnu’ quality to it, the flipside of being technically top-notch, maybe.
Janu’s voice, on the other hand, can oscillate between the timid-girl to ultra-hottie with baffling ease,

:exactly:

even when Chitra sang "Madura Marikozunthu Vaasam" with Mano on Junior Super Singer she was very bashful...but the punch is what makes this song...

especially when singing lines like:

"idhu ippOdhu vaattudhennae
paattu oNNai avuththu vidu "

well atleast she is not completely emotionless...she certainly is soulful when it comes to melodies and sad/yearning songs.

KV
6th December 2011, 02:05 PM
telusuko telusuko oh vanamaali.
never heard this one before. very sweet song (but for that Salgudi Muba's part)

KV
6th December 2011, 08:04 PM
another telugu one, this time a newer one.
kommallo kOyila koosindhe theeyaga :musicsmile:
lovely jazz touches throughout the song and raaja sounds oh-so-romantic in this one :bow:
which film is this one from? what are the other songs in this album? raagas/suresh?

V_S
6th December 2011, 08:39 PM
KV,
That is from Ninuchoodaka Nenundalenu (2003). Thanks for reminding this one. I think this one is in the IR magical duet list. Here is the link to all the songs. http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/moviedetail.asp?mid=a0000275. Some great songs there.

Plum
6th December 2011, 09:06 PM
Other songs: 1. Jaajimalli thotta nuvvaa - enna solli paaduvadho 2. Kondamalli - kodamanjin 3. One erotic song which I forget. Btw, telusuko is thoroughly spoilt by the Maalgadi subha(not malgudi) portion.

tvsankar
9th December 2011, 12:16 PM
Ipo ipo elalrum ... Original orchestra ... Manual nu pesikkum podhu.. nejamvae vayiru yeriyaradhu..

apadi irundha oru culture ai.. azhichu...... avangalaiyum kashta paduthi,..... athana Instruement players aiyum manadhara ninaithu kolgiren.......

even 97.... RAja adharkaga paadu pattu irukar. i feel.

Raja.. epavum mudinja varai.. Manual orhchestra kaga paadu patta oru Great MD..............

Themmangu paatukaran......... wat an album.

my picks are,

Nama manasu pola amanju pochu vaazhvu - Mano and KSC

kelunga... Flute, Violin,Beats, all are at their BEstest forms.

Kaveri.................

tvsankar
9th December 2011, 12:21 PM
Kaveri amman - Mano and KSC............... azhagana Guitar............. Mesmerising Beats..........

tvsankar
9th December 2011, 12:52 PM
Kadhal Meedhu - Kadhal Kavidhai.

Real Composiitiion. Real Value.

Period ai thaandi................... Composiition Vaazhum... andha madhiri paatu idhu...........

en 20 vayasu paiyanuku romba pidichadhu ............... Nice.......... am Happy.... nalla isai vaazha vendum.............

Nalla Rasanai Vaazha vendum...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbaBoqKl0ps

KV
9th December 2011, 06:29 PM
Thanks to SVN, paid a revisit to Rusi Kanda Poonai (I've heard this one very seldom). What an album! Whoa! :clap:
To start off, one thing's that very apparent in all the songs is the interesting rhythm patterns he uses, an unexpected kanda chaapu or a rupakam, very thoughtful. Thiraipaadal doesn't seem to have the full songs, they appear to stop abruptly, midway.

Plum
9th December 2011, 09:14 PM
Interestingly, S Janaki mentions that she composed kaNNa nee enge...for some stage drama, and apparently IR sought her permission to use it for the movie...

baroque
9th December 2011, 10:49 PM
just like Vaigaraiyil..... Subha Panthuvarali alap and tune.
Varied rhythms.

Vaa veliye........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F9Bg1KhEoE

dose of Ilayaraja for me this early morning.....:musicsmile:

VAIGARAIYIL......Bala's and Enna rakshiso.... Purandharadasar's krithi by Sanjai Subramanyan's Emotive pleas kekkaama povenaa..
Early morning 5a.m kku I have treated myself Subha Panthuvarali.:musicsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv3ptBh27IQ

Ilayaraja, Bala, Sanjai & Guitar Prasanna..My dashing men, HIP HIP HURRAY!:clap:

Vinatha.

KV
10th December 2011, 06:02 PM
can someone please help me find 'rusi kanda poonai' songs? the ones i found online are similar to the thiraipaadal copy which seem to be incomplete.

V_S
11th December 2011, 12:24 AM
KV,
What songs you have reminded me. Unfortunately I too have full versions of only two songs. Anbu Mugam and Sandhanamittu. Angbu Mugam is noisier as you heared in thiraipaadal. I have removed some noise, still could not remove completely. I can upload if you want.

Here it is the full version of Sandhanamittu. Not great quality, but still very good. Killer guitar tracks. What a song!

http://www.mediafire.com/?wg46uek3j1sh50o

V_S
11th December 2011, 12:46 AM
This (http://tamilxprez.blogspot.com/2009/08/rusi-kanda-poonai-1980.html) site has all songs full version except the Kanne Nee Enge, but noisier again. If you are interested.

V_S
11th December 2011, 05:52 AM
Can't take my ears off of Anbu mugam thandha sugam. The way he finishes the anu-pallavi lines is sheer brilliance. :notworthy: Thanks a ton KV for putting me in bliss. Haunting interludes with violins:omg:. Solid guitar in second interlude. Raja's voice can only do justice for such a composition. Agilan sir has a lot of responsibility to get all these hidden treasures remastered and revealed.

நினைத்தால் போதும்
காதல் தந்த எண்ணங்கள்
வாட்டுதம்மா மனதை....
:musicsmile:

Not to forget the SJ solo, En Nenjam UnnOdu, again :omg:.

KV
11th December 2011, 11:33 PM
v_sji, thanks a lot for the link.
sad that it's so difficult to get hold of even a decent copy of this album. :( agi music, are you listening?

V_S
12th December 2011, 01:08 AM
I got a note from agi music that these gems will be available soon in iTunes, nokia and rest of other stores. Eagerly waiting! :D

KV
12th December 2011, 04:56 PM
Ennenna paada padhuththuraan (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0058','SNGIRR0132','SNGIR R0377','SNGIRR0577','SNGIRR0775','SNGIRR0778','SNG IRR1147','SNGIRR1218','SNGIRR1233','SNGIRR1416','S NGIRR1558','SNGIRR1895','SNGIRR2148','SNGIRR2211', 'SNGIRR2263','SNGIRR2283','SNGIRR2475','SNGIRR2496 ','SNGIRR2586','SNGIRR2909','SNGIRR3182','SNGIRR34 86','SNGIRR3673','SNGIRR3943'&lang=en) - Aandaan Adimai
Oozing with the nectar of Sivaranjani, what a beauty of a composition. The interludes, aaha, enna arumai. :musicsmile:
baroque madam, this sivaranjini's dedicated to you :-)
plum/thumburu or anyone with the rant that there are very few good female solos/duets post 2000, check this one out.

app_engine
12th December 2011, 09:47 PM
kuyilukkuppam again on loop on the car. Still longing, I had a "parking lot listen" also :-)

The song, as I mentioned before, has an uncharacteristic start for a BR-IR combo but only gets better as it progresses (especially from the arrival of that unadultered honey voice of KSC) and one longs it not to end:-) And make it repeat!

And an OOTW 2nd interlude! Great song! :thumbusup:

Querida
13th December 2011, 09:20 AM
A real treasure from "Katrinilae Varum Geetham" album is "Kanden Engum" the bgm is so refreshing and bouyant with nice echo effect...but the bgm is the real shining star....such a heady rush!! Janaki's voice...need i even mention how sweet she sounds? The second interlude is curious...wanders away on a journey of its own and is ushered back by Janaki's humming...the flute phase that comes after is yet another lilting treat...such a rich treat for the ears, each time you relish some isolated part while still mesmerized by the whole piece...the unexpected has long been become the expected with the Maestro...:notworthy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od2N2tZnu14&feature=g-vrec

"Oruvaanavill Pole" from Kaatril Varum Geethamae
smooth and melodic, cheerful and Jayachandran's voice is so fitting! Their humming accompanying each others' singing...what a nice touch!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLst0Zrq4k8&feature=related
(always thought Muthuraman looked so charming and dapper)

Was reminded instantly from some reason of another Raja gem: Neengathe Ennam (is it just me??)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrklnlAHaxA

19thmay
13th December 2011, 11:03 AM
Ooradangum saamathila... [Pudhupatti Ponnuthayie] lovely song, flute in the interlude is magical.

Plum
13th December 2011, 05:38 PM
On kanden engum, can someone clarify my 10 year search - is the mythical P Suseela version of the song real? Does it exist? I have the Vani and Janaki versions. The doubt is sort of reconcilled with the fact that Kavitha is supposed to have played 3 roles in the movie. (Kavitha in 3 roles - the director must have been on some roll of nasha...)

Querida
14th December 2011, 12:04 AM
On kanden engum, can someone clarify my 10 year search - is the mythical P Suseela version of the song real? Does it exist? I have the Vani and Janaki versions. The doubt is sort of reconcilled with the fact that Kavitha is supposed to have played 3 roles in the movie. (Kavitha in 3 roles - the director must have been on some roll of nasha...)

as far as my amateurish search for the full album goes, I have not come a version or a song in this album by P.Susheela, but some albums list "Kanden Engum" as "Kannil Minnum" song with Vani.

On a whole other note:
But upon stumbling upon the full album found "Chithra Sevvanam" which appears again in Telugu movie "April 1st Vidhudhala" :) (Sorry IR fans I'm sure someone has mentioned this, and I have just forgotten....)

Really a wow album...though don't really like the ghost version as much...too jarring with its "ghost alert" musical inserts...like the "living" version so much more...

Querida
14th December 2011, 12:33 AM
"Engengo Sellum" always leaves me awestruck...you could just swoon and be carried away by its beautiful day-dreaminess....love it!!....superb echo effect, my beloved strings playing their hearts out, soaring above the clouds and with not a care in the world....a very classy carpet ride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8mJfBYHx98

baroque
14th December 2011, 12:46 AM
KV,

We all love Rag sivranjani.

Hubber Shakthi is crazy about this ragam.

:ty: I treated myself to my favorite men Rafi & Bala in ragam Sivaranjani.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GltkWSkcYdo

80s இளையராஜா- உன்னைத்தானே தஞ்சம் என்று நம்பி .....enchanting யேசுதாஸ் :musicsmile:

vinatha.

Plum
14th December 2011, 04:00 AM
Yeah, that would be "chukkalu themmannA thetn)chukku rAnA". UObscure tidbit; april okkatti vidudhala was remade in tamil with (murali?)-shobana as Sathiya Vakku which has a tamil version of chukkallu themmannA, which makes it another song in tamil with same tune as chitira sevvaanam. A bit like thumbi vaa though not at the same scale as thumbi vaa reincarnations. One more tidbit: april okkatti also has a reworked version of Chinna mani kuyilae currently in focus in app engine's SPB-IR series - the lyrics go "chalti ka naam gaadi". I believe that also has a tamil version in sathiya vaakku

Querida
15th December 2011, 02:06 AM
Yeah, that would be "chukkalu themmannA thetn)chukku rAnA". UObscure tidbit; april okkatti vidudhala was remade in tamil with (murali?)-shobana as Sathiya Vakku which has a tamil version of chukkallu themmannA, which makes it another song in tamil with same tune as chitira sevvaanam. A bit like thumbi vaa though not at the same scale as thumbi vaa reincarnations. One more tidbit: april okkatti also has a reworked version of Chinna mani kuyilae currently in focus in app engine's SPB-IR series - the lyrics go "chalti ka naam gaadi". I believe that also has a tamil version in sathiya vaakku

Link to "Sathiya Vaakku" album please?

KV
19th December 2011, 02:07 PM
Was listening to the album 'Raani Theni'. There's this song 'koodi vandha mEgamEy (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3025','SNGIRR3026','SNGIR R3027','SNGIRR3028'&lang=en)', which had me scratching my head, for I was damn sure I'd heard the tune before. After running some quick scans in my head I was able to figure it out - Sandha Podhulla from Abhilasha (Telugu) shares the same tune. However, the Thamizh version is a bayangara sOga paattu (MV's usual sogam pouring singing for these kinda songs) as opposed to the absolutely sprightly, happy (and better orchestrated) Telugu version.
Plummare, any connection between these two movies, or just another instance of tune recycling?

V_S
21st December 2011, 08:59 AM
KV,
Good catch! As far as I know Rani Theni was released in 1982, but Abhilasha was released in 1983. May be songs were composed first for Abhilasha, not sure and reused in Rani Theni or vice versa. Story wise I think there is no connection.

Querida
21st December 2011, 11:56 AM
Was listening to the album 'Raani Theni'. There's this song 'koodi vandha mEgamEy (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR3025%27,%27SNGIRR3026%2 7,%27SNGIRR3027%27,%27SNGIRR3028%27&lang=en)', which had me scratching my head, for I was damn sure I'd heard the tune before. After running some quick scans in my head I was able to figure it out - Sandha Podhulla from Abhilasha (Telugu) shares the same tune. However, the Thamizh version is a bayangara sOga paattu (MV's usual sogam pouring singing for these kinda songs) as opposed to the absolutely sprightly, happy (and better orchestrated) Telugu version.

Enjoyed this one, esp. the soga paattu, but would have never caught the connection you pointed out, thanks for sharing :)

Querida
21st December 2011, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PeOl2X4l7w&feature=endscreen&NR=1

cute song "Ennai Mannamulla Ponnu" sung teasingly by S. Janaki, Revathi always a fave, love her expressions!

SPB's sad version with his teary voice...just as good in that sweetness that comes from melancholy...

Mayilaadum - pick of the album IMO......owned totally by SPB's teasing, concealed smile voice...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fey4D69hPjw&feature=related

"Chinna Pasanga Naanga" album: http://thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00093

KV
21st December 2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the info, V_Sji!

Que, thanks for bringing up CPN. Mayilaadum is such a charming song. Never heard this song in any concerts/shows so far. Terribly unnoticed.
A little incident related to this movie - about two or three weeks back, while channel surfing on a lazy weekend afternoon, I caught the start of this film on Jaya TV (or was is Raj?). Chinna Pasanga Naanga - the name rang no bells in my head. As the title card and opening credits rolled out, what instantly caught my attention was the BGM. A lovely solo flute playing along with some earthy folk drums - absolutely mesmerising. I was convinced that this was the handwork of the man, the only one who could possibly conjure somthing like this for some obscure film. And then a few minutes later, the title credits confirmed my hunch, it was indeed mr. vallal. :-)

KV
26th December 2011, 06:29 PM
Listening to Oruvar Vaazhum Aalayam (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00452&lang=en). What a fine work of music composition, beautiful.
Shanmuga Priyan is listed as its director. Was this his first film?
Anyone seen this one? Just curious on knowing what inspired Raaja to give such songs for this film, that too most of them classical based numbers.

Plum
26th December 2011, 07:55 PM
KV, it was possibly his first one. Murali Srinivas gae the details some time back in Ilayathilagam Prabhu thread but I don't remember now :(. But a) it starred sivakumar with his standard drone b) Rahman with his lack of any tone c) Ambi chechi playing a great dancer(I think) d)an expressionless Nizhalgal Rohini. Ilayathilagam was the only saving grace in this tale of a grumpy old musician(you know who) and his bitter life in the aftermath of his beloved's death(ambika). His daughter bears the brunt of his temper, then a lot of triangular machinations happen between Rahman, Rohini and Prabhu.

Plum
26th December 2011, 07:57 PM
When I say triangle, it isn't a strict triangle ofcourse - there is no Rahman-Prabhu angle. Only, Rahman-Rohini and Prabhu-Rohini

KV
26th December 2011, 09:03 PM
Nandri, Plum.
Jeesh, it only becomes increasingly baffling trying to think of how he could bring out so many high quality songs in such magnanimous proportions.

Querida
28th December 2011, 02:56 AM
"Vanakuyile" - Priyanka

I'm fine until I hear this song...but when I do...I cannot escape from its music...happily ensnared...may the magic never be broken...SPB's voice...his yearning...painfully sweet....such romantic lyrics...whatever new gems there are to find...though i am happy for the opportunity to add to my enjoyment of the Maestro's work...it is those pieces (gem or not) that for reasons unknown capture us and their magic never ceases to mesmerize...truly grateful for being able to even amateurishly appreciate the work of such a genius...play on Maestro...play on...

jaiganes
28th December 2011, 10:06 AM
very circular song. one phrase leads to another and taken individually, the phrases are not very sweet, but when arranged in a seamless fashion by the musical architect, it opens up a new breathtaking architecture - representational of some western classical music pieces. Raja proves he is the maya (master architect or indian puranic literature) when constructing such musical architectures,,

tvsankar
3rd January 2012, 02:46 AM
Que,
Thanks for the pick.. Jaiganes a ezhudha vechuteenga. adhuku oru Thanks.

Jaiganes,
Rajavin paatai kaetal kidaikum oru inimai.. Ungal Writings lum kidaikum......... Thank u.

Gregorysab
3rd January 2012, 02:26 PM
Vanakuyile is a tricky composition - in terms of the way he structured the pallavi. I like the song. Infact, someone should try the instrumental version of this song - instead of the usual tried and tested kaatril enthan geetham & other songs from 80s. There are many songs in which raaja changes the percussion in charanam and gets back to main percussion for Pallavi. But in this song, the change doesnt happen right in the opening lines of charanam but in the middle of the charanam - which is unusual from raaja. Good to see someone suggesting it - been long time since I played it!

crvenky
4th January 2012, 11:30 AM
Sankara ninnu - A hilarious song (sung by MV & group) from the movie Kavidhai Malar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1W-H3uo1Gs

Made more hilarious with VA Moorthy's voice. This is an avial song with comedy dialogues, carnatic bits (mainly Shanmugapriya) and remix of Paruve Pudhiya padal, vadi en kappa kizhangu, etc.

Gregorysab
4th January 2012, 02:29 PM
A song that I never heard before:

Ennai Thodarendhu from http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00338&lang=en

I dont know the basic raaga of this song, although i do feel panthuvaraali at some points. Raaja's strings ensemble in the interludes goes for a kill. (ah, get the same strings sound today mr. raaja - we yearn for it). a very balanced rendition by both Yesudas and Janaki. The composition sounds very mature - as if everything was in proper place. The first interlude especially flows so naturally from pallavi and raaja cuts in the mood into a panthuvaraali more with a string section stroke. lovely!

The opening piece reminded me of the opening piece in the song Aval appadi from Angadi Theru. slight resemblance.

Sureshs65
4th January 2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks Kamal for reminding me of this song. Don't remember where I have heard it earlier but I have :) Anyway it is quite difficult to get the raga though as you say Panthuvarali dominates. Wonderfully sung by Jesudas and Janaki. And as usual for some vague movie!!

Sureshs65
4th January 2012, 11:59 PM
CRV,

A super song. I have this CD. Lovely song. Similarly 'Jyoti' was lot of freak out songs.

skr
5th January 2012, 01:27 AM
Lovely song Aakarsh , really really nice
The Interludes are just magical
Another great 90s find :)

skr
5th January 2012, 01:38 AM
Guess this song could be Raaja's first ever Kalyani
Absolutely marvellous

Poovaadikalil alayum from Vyamoham (1978)
I guess this could also be perhaps Raaja's 1st Malayalam movie. Someone please confirm if it indeed is.
Janaki has sung her heart out. Fallen hook , line and sincer for this mellowy beauty
Vintage Stuff of the highest order from the Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO0LyLMfrS4

Sureshs65
5th January 2012, 07:03 PM
Yes, skr. It was indeed Raja's first Malayalam movie, AFAIK. This song is a gem. There are two versions of it. As you said, based on Kalyani. This movie was a remake of the Tamil movie, 'Policekaranin Magal', music by Vishwanathan-Ramamoorthy. That movie also had a Kalyani gen, 'indha manrathil odi varum' by PBS and SJ.

Sureshs65
5th January 2012, 07:05 PM
Listening to the songs of 'Valmiki' once again, including the one made famous by app_eng, 'booze irukkudhu'. What a lovely array of songs and what variety. All based on the newer style of Raja. Excellent piano runs. The only problem being the pronunciation of Bela Shinde.

Gregorysab
6th January 2012, 12:49 PM
Valmiki was a very good album! couldnt get to like booze song, but i loved the other songs a lot :-) just 3 days ago, i was playing Kooda Variviya - which I would say is the answer for all the people who say Ilaiyaraaja's music is no longer as good as the 80s. If I have to pick top 10 IR songs between 2000 and 2010, this will be there in that list! I might even exclude some classical songs, but I wouldnt let Kooda Varuviya go from that list! Nugget!

tvsankar
6th January 2012, 01:39 PM
aakash,
one small correction of ur word.. Was. not like tat.. always. is.. some songs. Will be.....

Never Was........ Always IS...........This is Raja's Special of Composition.............

tvsankar
6th January 2012, 01:43 PM
Tats why we make this thread to discuss and share His songs................

Gregorysab
6th January 2012, 02:04 PM
Usha,

I know :-) i meant - in the rapid-fire round of 2009 albums from IR.

Sureshs65
7th January 2012, 11:22 PM
'thanga thingal' from 'Manasinnakkare'. Didn't care much for this song when the music was released but now the heart jumps with joy just listening to the prelude. What a different take on Gambeera Naati. So very different from 'innum ennai' and yet equally charming. 'Manasinakkare' is ofcourse a terrific album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_vrKBqjo4c

Sureshs65
7th January 2012, 11:32 PM
Another song which I let go when it was first released but now listening is 'thenni payum thennale' from 'Vinoda Yatra. Given that everyone, including I, was mesmerised by 'mandarapoo' and 'kaiyetha', it is understandable that no attention was paid to this song. Now I am paying some attention to it. And as it generally happens once you start paying attention you realize how much you have missed :) This song has so many rock elements in it. The way the rhythm moves, the way the guitar is played, sometimes with hard rockish effect. As usual Raja ensures it doesn't go into the rock genre but becomes Ragenre!! Ofcourse this probably does not scale the heights of the other two popular songs but is a very interesting song nevertheless. So do give it a listen. It will be time well spent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZRvozk-HFU&feature=player_embedded

Shank
8th January 2012, 12:07 AM
Suresh, I love thanga thingal.....check the small keyboard run at the end of the first interlude that perfectly sets up the first stanza. I love it. It's small things like that which I treasure about this song....superb. The song just drips with melody.

Sureshs65
8th January 2012, 12:13 AM
Shank,

Nice to see you back. Yes, the song drips melody throughout. Infact the prelude violins (synth based) itself setup the mood and the interlude just takes it to a different height.

RR
8th January 2012, 11:22 AM
Suresh, 'thanga thinkal' is a good one. Smooth flowing..! Just that the percussion sounded out of place, or rather karthik raja-ish.

btw I added a link to the video in your post for those who want to listen.

Sureshs65
8th January 2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks RR for the video.

Punnaimaran
8th January 2012, 05:29 PM
Guess this song could be Raaja's first ever Kalyani
Absolutely marvellous

Poovaadikalil alayum from Vyamoham (1978)
I guess this could also be perhaps Raaja's 1st Malayalam movie. Someone please confirm if it indeed is.
Janaki has sung her heart out. Fallen hook , line and sincer for this mellowy beauty
Vintage Stuff of the highest order from the Master

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO0LyLMfrS4

skr, maybe Aaru Manikoor (Uravadum Nenjam) was the first one, but it was a dubbed one I suppose. I've heard the song "Oru Naal, ullaasath thiru naal" by KJY and SJ during those days.

San_K
8th January 2012, 06:16 PM
Listening Anbe Odi Vaa songs. Never before did a careful listen for this album songs and hence it is like listening somewhat new songs. Fabulous album and again for the lucky actor Mohan.

While Kadhal kettathu is nice duet Thullum Ilamai has ilamai with powerful singing by SPB. The lovely Jodi Nathal, soothing Azhagana pookal and Idhazhil Amutham (which has pretty good orchestration) are the highlights of this album.

skr
10th January 2012, 02:48 AM
Just stumbled across my 1st love in 2012 .
Darling I Love You - Aaradhanai(1981)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4od8G12GSeg

kiru
10th January 2012, 06:00 AM
I cant seem to get over this mallepuvvu(2008-telugu) song - chandamama ravE . The higher level singing effort atleast in the pallavi is assigned to Shreya. IR seems to equally share the load during the charanams, but it seems like only Shreya is doing the higher octave singing :-). I love this song for the catchy tune the mix of high and low level singing. The transition to guitar or piano is very striking. The electronic drum kit and other weird sounds along with the piano and strings backing are good mix of the old/classic and the new. Actually, this whole album is a good effort in this direction. Some might not like the Tippu or Bhava songs. I think a more intricate melody or people with classical tastes might like mallepuvvulo magarandhamaai compared to the chandamama ravE. Also, the recording in this particular song is not very good. But I have to be honest and say what I like :-)

V_S
10th January 2012, 06:27 AM
skr, many thanks for sharing this wonder. I haven't listen to this one. Spellbound! Psychedelic rock at its best again from Maestro. Right from 1976 how many are we unearthing still? Who are the singers?.

kiru, mallepoovu is another under-rated soundtrack, but all song are worth the platinum. Listening to the whole soundtrack, thanks for reminding me. Chandamama raave is a stunning composition. IR's rough voice and extremely contrasting Shreya's sweet voice balances the sweetness of the song. Chirugaali, title song and Gaajula are my other favorites.

skr
10th January 2012, 06:39 AM
V_S What a song la ?
Just fallen head and heels over it
The song was posted by Krish.
It was a heavy round the clock working day for me and this song came as the perfect refreshment.
Waiting to get back home and play it loudly :)
This man continues to amaze
Last year it was Vandhaale Allipoo and this year it is Darling I Love you

The singer is one Dr Kalyan .
Have no idea about him , maybe App or someone else may have some details.

Sureshs65
10th January 2012, 07:44 AM
kiru,

'Mallepoovu' is a superb album. I keep playing it once in a while. The melody quotient is high throughout. I still remember taping 5 songs from this so that we could listen to the songs in the car for a Kerala trip. It was the time when 'Dhanam' was also released. My wife hates the 'Dhanam' album but she was immediately taken in by 'Mallepoovu', especially 'Chirugaali, Chirugaali'. I personally like all the songs and keep playing the CD without skipping any song. My favorites being 'Chandamama Raave', 'Mallepoovula', 'Chirugali', 'gaajula gala gala' and the Bhava song. The Tipu song is an interesting take on the raga Mohanam, which Raja uses here for a fun song. He again does the same in the Malayalam movie 'Sooriyan'.

Another 'net' incident I remember about this movie is that Violin Vicky and a few others were trying to decipher the raga of 'chirugaali chirugaali'. And also the technique that Raja used. All those guys who were instrumentalists themselves were having trouble getting to any conclusion. At that time Milliblog Karthik wrote his review to say 'chirugali' and 'gaajula' were 'childish melodies', which made me laugh out loud and which upset our rprasad very much :D

kiru
10th January 2012, 11:44 AM
@V_S and Suresh - love you guys :-) Actually hanging with folks like you here has some 'rasanai' finally rubbed off on me.
chirugaali and gaajula - childish ? - hmm. Just the oh oh humming in chirugaali is worth the album cost and I thought Vijay has done his father proud. gaajula - the singer does a good job..really enjoying it - not to mention you wont know what sort of a rhythm you are listening to any time.

Sureshs65
10th January 2012, 01:26 PM
kiru,

No rubbing off and all. You have always had great rasanai and honestly don't need any help in this direction :)

Yes, the humming in 'Chirugali' was worth the album cost. I personally feel this is one of the best songs of Vijay Jesudas. (He is good in 'Oru Chiri Kandal' as well). 'Gajula' is sung by Manjari. Her voice, not very malleable, suits such songs very well. ('ambum kombum', 'thamara kuruvikku' are other songs which suit her.) For some reason Raja has not been using her much. But she has done some superb songs under Raja's baton.

app_engine
10th January 2012, 05:01 PM
For some reason Raja has not been using her much. But she has done some superb songs under Raja's baton.

IMG, she has stopped singing after marriage (i.e. for films)...I remember posting her marriage pic in one of the threads.

KV
10th January 2012, 05:34 PM
Well, here we have the contemporary Mallepoovu being discussed while the other thread is seeing some lovely poetry meeting classic tunes.
Now, I’ve been tripping on another offshoot, quite tangential to these two - some spicy AP gonkura! After a sumptuous dose of Swarnakamalam, I happened to bump into one Mr. Kondaveeti Donga and from then on it’s been Chamaku Chamuku (http://www.chitramala.in/audio-songs/pop_new.php?sid=6707,6708,6709,6710,6711,6712,6713&wid=943) running in a loop. No poetic lyrics or soft romance here, instead what we have here is a celebration of love in pure kitsch form! Subtlety, take a moment’s rest please!

I haven’t seen the movie, but going by the lyrics, the movie title, Megastar and Vijayshanti listed as the lead actors, one can safely assume this one to be a dance number from a late 80s/early 90s potboiler. Raaja does what is expected of him in such a situation - a nice masala ‘beats’ song. But if that was all he had to offer, he wouldn’t be the Raaja of music, would he! The man lays down a beat worthy of a legshake and then sneaks in his magic. He selects a classical ragam and weaves the tune to it (MMG base, some site says MMG’s janya - Malahari of Lambodhara lakumira fame, in which case, would this be the only film song set to this ragam?). That isn’t all, he lets his bass do the talk right through the song - plucks and slides and taps - the bass is quite literally the 3rd singer in the song! A dash of intoxicating saxophones and violins, and the dish is ready to serve - piping hot, tear dripping spicy Gonkura rice!

KV
10th January 2012, 05:59 PM
Manjari, never been a big fan of her singing, but I love the song Ketkavillaya (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1828'&lang=en) from Madhu in which she does fine. But it's Raaja who steals the show with his effortless singing. :bow:

Gregorysab
10th January 2012, 06:14 PM
KV,

That Chamaku Chamaku is one amazing composition. It is probably the 'finest' example to show someone what kind of 'commercial' music did Ilaiyaraaja essentially give to telugu people. Ilaiyaraaja is probably the only composer, in Telugu film industry, who could strike that amazing balance between mass and class. This song, is actually a mass song because it was from a commercial potboiler film, with Chiranjeevi. The lyrics too underscore that. But what does this composer do? He chooses a classical raaga. Adds a thumping rhythm. inserts a mind-boggling slap-guitar and no, it is not just playing the same note - but its notes progress to higher scales and also lower. Bloody goose-bumpy. That slap-guitar is, according to me, the USP of the song. The interludes are stunning. And look at the way he allows the string orchestra to take an ascent as counter-melody in the background when the lines "Bandham vesthaava, alle andham tho". And the way he brings the charanam to a closure - ILAIYARAAJA ONLY! PERIOD! I am not much a fan of other songs in that film, but this particular song pretty much makes up for it!

PS: The outstanding opening of the song from 0:01...right to the point where vocals start... that entire portion - that piece is a ring-tone on my phone. And it is the first ringtone I ever made myself (i mean, cutting from a song), back in 2005. :-)

V_S
10th January 2012, 08:46 PM
KV and aakarsh in terrific form. Wonderful write-up on chamaku chamaku. :clap: You have given me listening assignment in the evening. :wink:
Thanks. I can already smell the hot venkaya pappu, mouth-watering gonkura pulusu, tomato perugu paccidi in chamaku chamaku and in your writings. :smile:

jaiganes
10th January 2012, 09:12 PM
Manjari, never been a big fan of her singing, but I love the song Ketkavillaya (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1828'&lang=en) from Madhu in which she does fine. But it's Raaja who steals the show with his effortless singing. :bow:

aahaa "ketkavillaya" and "nilavai sutri" - gems from Madhu - finally found someone who would stand up for these songs in these parts of the woods.. nandri hai KV.

skr
10th January 2012, 10:02 PM
Chamaku Chamaku is bloody awesome
Drolling over those guitar slap bass , also feel there are some scale changes happening , absolutely terrific
This man is astonishing

skr
10th January 2012, 10:11 PM
V_S ji , I think you are the best person who can answer this question , since you have this neat playlists.
As i was listening to this song Darling I love You from Aaradhanai

Was wondering what are all the full fledged English lyrics songs composed by Maestro.
Some which i can think of are
1) Darling I Love You - Aaradhanai
2) I Want to tell You Something - Anand
3) Sing Swing - Moodupani
4) Angel - Kaverimaan
Im sure there should be much more.
Please add to the list

app_engine
10th January 2012, 10:15 PM
skr,

me help?

Please add swing swing (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2065'&lang=en) of moodupani to the list :-)

Also, there was some question about Dr Kalyan - I think the singer of this song is him...

app_engine
10th January 2012, 10:21 PM
This is not a totally angrEji song, but Dr Kalyan in it:

baby shake it baby of kALi (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR1305'&lang=en)

V_S
10th January 2012, 10:23 PM
App & skr,
There is also a female singer in that song. By any chance, do we know?
skr, I will try to get more on English songs by Maestro.

skr
10th January 2012, 10:23 PM
Yes App ,
Help definitely needed :)
Ive already listed Sing Swing , im sure there should be more apart from the 4 ive listed (expecting atleast 7 to 8 or more than that)
Im sure ive heard one more but mind la varala ippo :think:
4) Angel - Kaverimaan

jaiganes
10th January 2012, 10:24 PM
V_S ji , I think you are the best person who can answer this question , since you have this neat playlists.
As i was listening to this song Darling I love You from Aaradhanai

Was wondering what are all the full fledged English lyrics songs composed by Maestro.
Some which i can think of are
4) Angel - Kaverimaan
Im sure there should be much more.
Please add to the list
Anand song is only part english - me thinks..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5yT9ZAr3-Q
searching for raasa englipeesh songs - i came across this one - again multi language song on AIDS. marred by a concert noises... clear version venume. yaaraachum adhai post pannungappa..

skr
10th January 2012, 10:28 PM
V_S , yes there is a female singer too , i will try to find out and let you know the singers name.
Looking forward to the list of English songs

Thanks App , i think this was what i was looking for , i think we can classify this too as its more or less English
If im right there's another Baby English song composed by Maestro (full fledged one)

Jai , Thanks for the Aids Awareness song
Btw I want to tell you something Pallavi is fully in English only , the charanam portion is in Tamil
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0194'&lang=en

Ok updating list
2) I Want to tell You Something - Anand (Partly Pallavi fully Englipish , other parts Tamizh)
4) Angel - Kaverimaan
5) Shake it Baby - Kali (Partly in English)
6) Aids Awareness song

app_engine
10th January 2012, 10:33 PM
App & skr,
There is also a female singer in that song. By any chance, do we know?

If you're talking about the baby (kALi) song, it's SPB's sister :-)

skr
10th January 2012, 10:38 PM
V_S , I just messaged Krish asking about the female singer for this song and this was the reply

It is the same Dr.Kalyan modulating his voice into a feminine one. Same person sang Sing Swing and many other disco/night club songs for Raaja.

Raaja had the best resources. Viji Manuel sir says Dr.Kalyan never sings for anybody else. That is the respect everyone have for Raaja because he is the best. They wouldn't work with anybody else simply because they don't want to reduce their standards.

app_engine
10th January 2012, 10:43 PM
skr,

There's this song for veLLaikkAri (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2171'&lang=en) in nAdOdiththenRal...there may be one or two Thamizh lines :-)

V_S
10th January 2012, 10:45 PM
App,Sorry I was referring to Aaradhanai song which skr posted. skr, thanks for information. Unbelievable, that Dr. Kalyan sang like a female, it was so perfect. Very interesting!

San_K
10th January 2012, 10:47 PM
After listening some of his english songs like sing swing, I Love you

Oh God, why he stopped to compose english songs? Unlike fusions he usually compose, they seems pure western songs. Are not they?

BTW thiruvasagam's Polla Vinaiyen has english part :)

San_K
10th January 2012, 10:52 PM
Punnagai Mannan song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMUgockyL8k
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMUgockyL8k)

What is this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sp46jzLsTI

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sp46jzLsTI)a comment says it is from movie, Manasellam

Nerd
10th January 2012, 10:54 PM
This perhaps is the first ever - http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0654'&lang=en (Disco sound from Dharmayuddham). Rap bits ellaam irukkum indha song-la :-)

kj
10th January 2012, 10:56 PM
Skr please check your pm inbox

skr
11th January 2012, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the contibution guys ,
Ok updating the list further
2) I Want to tell You Something - Anand (Pallavi fully English , other parts Tamizh)
4) Angel - Kaverimaan
6) Aids Awareness song
7) All the Time - Nadodi Thendral
8) 1234 Now - Punnagai Mannan
9) Disco Song - Dharma Yudham

San_K , I checked Manasellam movie in Thiraipaadal , there is no song like that.
Can anybody say Whether the Love is the Meaning song is indeed by IR ?

app_engine
11th January 2012, 12:32 AM
There's another "pallavi only englees" number in Anand (even anupallavi in Thamizh):
hEy you come to me (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0193'&lang=en)

Not for the list, just came to mind in the context. (Also, 1987 is the running year in SPB-IR thread...)

(ippidiyE pOnA, 'darling darling darling... I love you' of Priya mAthiri neRaya varum, they won't qualify for what you are looking for I think).

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
11th January 2012, 02:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmKkXMLYCtk&feature=related

kiru
11th January 2012, 06:28 AM
KV and aakarsh in terrific form. Wonderful write-up on chamaku chamaku. :clap: You have given me listening assignment in the evening. :wink:
Thanks. I can already smell the hot venkaya pappu, mouth-watering gonkura pulusu, tomato perugu paccidi in chamaku chamaku and in your writings. :smile:
There is a tamil version too - I am not good with movie names.
@aakaarsh - what sort of a guitar is used in chalakku chalakku song in chemparuthi ? I was thinking it is the standard electric guitar.
@Suresh - any mohanam songs in chal chalein ?

V_S
11th January 2012, 07:29 AM
And the way he brings the charanam to a closure - ILAIYARAAJA ONLY! PERIOD!
Janma sabhalyam adainthen! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

V_S
11th January 2012, 07:55 AM
All songs of Kondaveeti Donga on loop. Kolo kolamma kaLLa another adrenaline booster. My favorite with added attraction, SJ's singing. Second interlude top notch! Sri Anjaneyam has some terrific bass lines with again mind-blowing sax and Tippu toppu lookku is another take on Rock-n-Roll. First time, all these adrenaline numbers including chamaku chamaku take on single melodious Subhalekha. Normally any single melody will win over many fast numbers, but here it is the other way round. A single chamaku chamaku alone wins hands down, added to other fast numbers, that's where Subhalekha could not stand. But in no way Subhalekha is an inferior composition, just that the mood of other songs took up the whole soundtrack with a massive mandate. Thanks KV and Kamal for reminding this one.:smile:

KV
11th January 2012, 12:14 PM
This perhaps is the first ever - http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0654'&lang=en (Disco sound from Dharmayuddham). Rap bits ellaam irukkum indha song-la :-)
Deadly song this one! Thanks Nerdy! (They could've gone a bit easy on the moaning sounds, though. Kittathatta 'enakku ara naal leave venum, mood seri illa' rangeku irukku :oops:). Though the song predominantly sticks to jazz/rock n' roll style, he puts in some kerala style drums and mrudangam towards the end.

San_k, with you on that observation. Most of these English songs (atleast the ones sung by Dr. Kalyan) are almost like full-fledged rock n roll or jazz numbers with very little Raaja trademark multi-threading in them!

And thanks for the tit-bit on Dr. Kalyan. The gentleman surely sounds like a vocalist of a professional music band. It's very easy to spot the ease and difference in his pronunciation and singing when compared to the regular playback singers (SPB/Janu engliss n all :oops:, but not their fault really!).

KV
11th January 2012, 12:20 PM
App,Sorry I was referring to Aaradhanai song which skr posted. skr, thanks for information. Unbelievable, that Dr. Kalyan sang like a female, it was so perfect. Very interesting!
Same pinch, V_Sji. I found it impossible to recognize if Swing swing was sung by a guy or a lady, and then I finally gave up! Not even Tracy Chapman created so much confusion!

Sureshs65
11th January 2012, 03:01 PM
@V_S,

IIRC, "Subhalekha' was the biggest hit from the album.

@kiru,

I don't think I heard any Mohanam in 'Chal Chalein' songs.

V_S
11th January 2012, 08:46 PM
Suresh ji,
I agree, Subhalekha is the most popular. :smile: Sorry, I didn't make my post clear enough. That post was my interpretation and not the real fact. Subhalekha was the first song I heard from that film when I was doing my college. One of my friend who worked in Hyderabad that time, used to introduce all IR's telugu songs. When he introduced Subhalekha we were immediately taken by that song. In later weeks, when he introduced other songs from the same film, we could not go back to Subhalekha much absolutely felt the adrenaline rush, hence my post.

RR
11th January 2012, 09:45 PM
Thanks San_K for reminding 1234 now. I just noticed the rhythm section is quite complex. to the extent that there are 'counterpoint' rhythms. Could be to reflect Kamal & Revathi's different dance patterns..

KV
11th January 2012, 10:32 PM
An article (http://www.thehindu.com/arts/history-and-culture/article2103930.ece) from The Hindu about Chennai based music bands back in the days, some featuring Dr. Kalyan and Dr. Samuel Grubb (the one who sang Amjad Khan's part in En Jodi from Vikram and Anne anne sepoy anne).

San_K
11th January 2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks San_K for reminding 1234 now. I just noticed the rhythm section is quite complex. to the extent that there are 'counterpoint' rhythms. Could be to reflect Kamal & Revathi's different dance patterns..

This song, NBW, HTNI and some songs were used as filler songs by those days recording centers. If there will be gap in a side of 60 / 90 audio cassetes, they will fill with these songs. And still I am remebered by 'the next song' when playing some (99% IR) song, I mean the recorded order in a cassette. Sweet memories of those days :)

Divine22
13th January 2012, 09:02 AM
This is one of my all time favorite songs. Breezy, I am enamored by the mellow singing by Chitra :bow:
suganubavamaana oru gaanam... I have been wanting to write about this song. Very apt to be listened in the morning. The ice-cream like sweet flute which flows through out the song.. mesmerizing guitar... and the lyrics are quite good too...
It gives the refreshing feel of a misty, beautiful morning for me.

Thiraipaadal has given examples of other songs based on this Raaga, NadaBhairavi... The list of the songs seems like an array of a delightful ride....
I have seen the song in YT, Ramarajan movie. The song comes for Saritha in the movie, Can't remember what was the story about ? Any idea any one ? Thanks .... :)

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00545&lang=en

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/playlistirsongs.php?PLID=%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%9F%E0%AE% AA%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%B0%E0%AE%B5%E0%AE%BF&lang=ta

jaiganes
13th January 2012, 09:07 AM
Listening to "Kolusu konjum Raagam" from Chinna durai - a 1999 unrecognized gem by raasa.
It is one word AWESOME. Never heard this song all these times - this awesome melody has been
sung in the most smooth manner by Unni Krishnan and Devi (???). I would classify it along with
the new age - tribal fusions Raaja has done in Bhoomigeethe (kannada movie). Another striking aspect
is the way chorus track has been shaped - with all the care and they sing on par with the lead singers.
Awesome song.. gonna be on my playlist for a while now..

jaiganes
13th January 2012, 10:07 AM
Another breezy melody from the same movie
Pakkathula - http://thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0472'&lang=en
SPB 0 Uma Ramanan duet.
What strikes me is the way synth blends nicely - reminds me of Sethu songs.
But the cake is taken by the ingeniously created charanam.
The melody makes a route and when we expect it to proceed in one direction, Raaja changes its direction like
a master kite flier adjusts the trajectory of the kite - Awesome..

venkkiram
13th January 2012, 10:19 AM
ஒரு கூட்டில் சின்ன கோகிலம் இரண்டு
ஒன்று கூடும் இன்று வாலிபம் பிரண்டு

எதிர்பார்க்காத வகையில் பயணிக்கும் இரண்டாவது இடை இசை.. முடிவில் அது சரணத்தோடு சேரும் அழகு..

மனோ-தேவி கூட்டணியில் அசத்தும் மெலடி.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00304&lang=en

rajkumarc
14th January 2012, 05:42 AM
Thanks for the contibution guys ,
Ok updating the list further
2) I Want to tell You Something - Anand (Pallavi fully English , other parts Tamizh)
4) Angel - Kaverimaan
6) Aids Awareness song

Very nice list of songs. Thanks Nerd for Dharmayudham and skr for Darling I love you. Both are stunners to me and are on the loop now.

In Nilavu Neram song from Annai Oru Aalayam, there would be some English vocals after the 2nd interlude, not sure if it's by Kalyan but it had similar style.

Divine22
14th January 2012, 07:42 AM
My recent findings & listenings :-

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00391&lang=en

(Alai alaiyaaga & Vennila Oduthu) ~ My fav picks from the Album

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00121

(Ever sweet Manathile Oru Paattu (Male & female versions) & Rathiri Poothathu

**Thanks RajsMed for uploading these songs in YT**

RR
14th January 2012, 12:06 PM
ஒரு கூட்டில் சின்ன கோகிலம் இரண்டு
ஒன்று கூடும் இன்று வாலிபம் பிரண்டு

எதிர்பார்க்காத வகையில் பயணிக்கும் இரண்டாவது இடை இசை.. முடிவில் அது சரணத்தோடு சேரும் அழகு..

மனோ-தேவி கூட்டணியில் அசத்தும் மெலடி.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00304&lang=en
venkiraam,

One of my post-90's favorites. The haunting prelude, the slowly raising 'koottil', the chord
progressions and of course the heavy beats in the second interlude and their calming down
to merge with the rhythm motif.. Top class... I think it's just Ir's show.. singers basically
make no impact.

RR
14th January 2012, 12:09 PM
There is a tamil version too - I am not good with movie names.

whatelse but.. thanga malai thirudan..

@Suresh - any mohanam songs in chal chalein ?
I was sampling some songs.. Is it just me, the songs sound like 'ullam kollai poguthe' types, so karthik raja-ish. No IR stamp at all.

Sureshs65
14th January 2012, 01:32 PM
RR,

'thum bhi doondnaa' and a lori by Sadhana Sargam from 'Chal Chalein' would be the more typical Raja songs.

KV
14th January 2012, 02:49 PM
Sree Sai Dwarakapuri (http://www.raaga.com/player4/?id=291834&mode=100&rand=0.20187734020873904) (Baba pugazh maalai). :musicsmile:

vel
14th January 2012, 03:59 PM
thanks to Agi music - via flipkart i ordered and received shree meenakshi stotram today -- goddess meenakshi entered my home today ! this is a priceless gift and thanks for making it available for us !...The devotional quotient of the music in this CD is a proof of what music means to Raaja...he has cut a piece of his soul and made this music....thats all i can say!

Sureshs65
14th January 2012, 04:05 PM
Vel,

More details of the 'Shree Meenakshi Stotram' album please.

vel
14th January 2012, 04:56 PM
Vel,

More details of the 'Shree Meenakshi Stotram' album please.

Suresh, i think this CD/cassette was released orignally several years ago....but now AGI music has re-released this under their banner. I dont think the original version is now available in the market. This new version also has a bonus track on ramana maharishi ....it starts with a piece dedicated to lord vinayaga...

http://www.flipkart.com/search/a/music?query=ilayaraja&vertical=music&dd=0&autosuggest%5Bas%5D=off&autosuggest%5Bas-submittype%5D=entered&autosuggest%5Bas-grouprank%5D=0&autosuggest%5Bas-overallrank%5D=0&Search=%C2%A0&_r=e%2BrOjWRMbdi93aSXY35_Gg--&_l=xWRAspPrxwNzPfhnuk2miA--&ref=4788557a-0cf9-4aca-93ab-4e92bebab5e6&selmitem

vel
14th January 2012, 05:00 PM
this is a steal for Rs.75....guys, please be wise enough to purchase this right away....

Sureshs65
14th January 2012, 05:02 PM
Thanks Vel. I will order it immediately.

V_S
14th January 2012, 07:46 PM
Initially I was turned off listening to One and Two Chachacha portion and many times I didn't go past that, blame my youth. Once you get past that, you are into a disco dream world with LR Eswari singing 'Bambamba'. Again I was thinking it is another disco song from Maestro, just when NT (TMS) steps in with Bharthnatyam with carnation classical rendition, 'Aayiram sabaigalLil varuvEn'. Do I hear Brova barama or Chandrabimbathin here? It was an extended dream. Good to see NT trying some classical dance. But TMS stole the show with his great rendition. It's not all. How he easily switches back from classical to western and vice versa with he even alternates between swaras and bambamba effortlessly. :notworthy:

How Maestro taken a DNA sample from a classical raaga and paints a wonderful disco dream for us, this time we also hear the essence of the raga and when he switches to disco, how clearly Maestro demonstrates that he has not deviated from the raga to give western outfit. Still the heart of an indian in western outfit.

You can listen the complete audio version here (http://www.mediafire.com/?lzzr45674no5tgd) as the video version is one minute short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLl3RRMVGR4

skr, this again may not fall into english song, except the starting phrase, but you can still feel the englishness to it. :wink: BTW, that was a great list, but as App mentioned, there are not much complete english songs, it will have atleast a few thamizh words, like Anjali, it is a Thanglish soundtrack. :smile:

skr
15th January 2012, 12:12 AM
V_S Thanks a lot for this stunner
Dont think ive heard this before
Yes , you get that englishy effect , but not sure if it does qualify to that category because the majority is in Tamil
I feel in order to qualify atleast one portion of the song should be in English , so Darling Darling also disqualified
I have my doubts whether to include or not Hey You come to Me . I think i will include it (The bass here is a peach :) )

Btw i checked on the English song posted by San_k "Love is the Meaning of my Life " , it seems it appears during the climax of Manasellam

skr
15th January 2012, 12:15 AM
Ok Updated list
4) Angel - Kaverimaan
6) Aids Awareness song
10) Love is the Meaning of My Life - Manasellam
11) Here You Come - Anand

skr
15th January 2012, 09:29 AM
My Pongal began by listening to this stunning Mallu Beauty
Rithubheda Kalpana from Mangalam Nerunnu
http://www.musicplug.in/multiple_song_flashplayer.php?songid=51052&br=medium&id=25866&page=movies
Highly addictive and highly pleasing , a great start to this festive occassion by again listening to an IR First timer
The Pallavi seems to be in Pushpalathika Ragam , someone can confirm , it seems to change from the Annupallavi onwards to a Ragamallika (i think)
The way the flute slowly enters during the first interlude with those guitar touches to be followed by the strings , pularips :)
Im not even getting into the 2nd interlude.
KJY and Kalyani Menon ooze melody all over this stunner
Vintage IR stuff

Wish all the hubbers a very Happy Pongal

Sureshs65
15th January 2012, 01:35 PM
skr,

I can understand your feeling. I went through the same when I discovered the Malayalam Raja, especially of the 80s. I don't think I gave you a CD having many hits of Raja's 80s Malayalam works. In case we are able to meet sometime soon, will make a copy for you.

'rithubedha kalpana' from 'Mangalam Nerrunu' is a terrific song alright. That movie also has that outstanding 'alli illam poovo'. I don't tire repeating this but if I were to choose only 'one' Raja it will be the 80s Raja in Malayalam. The amount of melody hidden in these songs is just unbeatable. He operates at a different zone altogether here.

Sureshs65
16th January 2012, 06:15 PM
I got this link from twitter where someone has put his list of the top 10 songs played on his ipod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8rzGHiqBX8&feature=youtu.be

Not surprisingly, I don't know the top two songs. Which movies are they from?

app_engine
16th January 2012, 09:20 PM
I got this link from twitter where someone has put his list of the top 10 songs played on his ipod.

Not surprisingly, I don't know the top two songs. Which movies are they from?

Superb photos :-)

I know the #2, that is for Bharathiraja's 'nAdOdiththenRal':-)

KV
16th January 2012, 10:35 PM
Very interesting (and curious!) choice of songs for the joint first place. Neither have I heard them before nor do I remember seeing this in our hubbers lists leading up to the concert.
Chinna poongili (http://www.inbaminge.com/t/p/Parvathi%20Ennai%20Paaradi/Chinna%20Poonkili.eng.html) is from some obscure movie 'Parvathi ennai paaradi'
Sollava sollava (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGDEV1090'&lang=en) is from Maha Prabhu

Sureshs65
16th January 2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks app and KV.

app: I know the 'Nadodi Thendral' song. I was referring to what KV had answered.

KV: I heard on twitter that Mahaprabhu was not by Raja. Supposed to be by Deva. I haven't heard the song fully to comment.

Plum
17th January 2012, 07:29 AM
Parvathi Ennai Paaradi I think was an unexpected foray by faemily movie maker V.Sekar into romance genre. To complicate matters further, he chose Saravanan - a Captain wannabe - as the lead; yes, "romantic" lead. Some combination and ambition that! Need I spell out the result? Ok, if you insist - the first word is epic and the second word is fail. I have a love-hate relationship with the songs - I don't like them much but still cannot get myself to delete them from the hard-drive

Sureshs65
17th January 2012, 10:11 AM
Listened to 'Prasad' and 'Snehaveedu' yesterday. I have already written about 'Prasad' songs. From the songs you can easily guess the film will be about and Raja's music is set to enhance the film's story. As I had stated earlier, all songs are 'calm', even the fun song. Very similar to 'Nandalala' songs. Hear all three songs a couple of times.

"Snehaveedu': What can I say? Personally I rated this the best of 2011 and after every hearing I want to state the same fact even more emphatically. Shreya's voice in 'Avanithumbi', which sweetens the already sweet melody. The exciting and imaginative rhythm pattern of 'Chandrabimbathin' as well as Rahul Nambiyar's humming, Chitra and the challenging misra chapu setup of 'Chengkathir'. Raja seems to have been really inspired by the story Sathyan told him!!!

tvsankar
17th January 2012, 03:00 PM
suresh,
avani thumbi - New age IR ku.. Ravinat kaetara nu kelungo. avaroda writings a indha paatuku expect pannindu
iruken.

tvsankar
17th January 2012, 03:10 PM
KV,
Thanks for parvathi ennai paradi.
romba munnadi.. indha TFM page il.. SOTD nu oru ilaiyaraja trhead irundhadhu. adhil naan konjam naal
daily song soli irundhen. adhil. indha paatai solli iruken. andha nyabagam vandhadhu.
Thanks for the rare pick kV.

tvsankar
17th January 2012, 03:15 PM
KV,
one more gem from this album - Vaanukum mayilukum by SJ.

REally Excellent Orchestration. Beautifull rendiition of SJ.. enaku romba piidkum indha paatai.

chorus. am Big Mad. Flute is at its Best.............

Lyrics. solla vaarthai ilai.

http://www.inbaminge.com/t/p/Parvathi%20Ennai%20Paaradi/Vaanukkum%20Mayilukkum.vid.html

swaram varudhu. enaku theiryadhu. enna ragam idhu...........

tvsankar
17th January 2012, 03:17 PM
Flute Flute FLute Flute Flute..... with the Beats. with the Guitars. with SJ......

Yen endru RAJA ngathil

Aberi madhiri thonudhu............

tvsankar
17th January 2012, 03:19 PM
Vannukum meenukum
mayilukum kuyilukum
thadaigal kidaiyadhu

Guitar with the beats, with the flute....... Excellent arrangements of RAja....... adhuvum sweet aga......... really Great composition it is to me.

skr
18th January 2012, 05:52 PM
skr,

I can understand your feeling. I went through the same when I discovered the Malayalam Raja, especially of the 80s. I don't think I gave you a CD having many hits of Raja's 80s Malayalam works. In case we are able to meet sometime soon, will make a copy for you.

'rithubedha kalpana' from 'Mangalam Nerrunu' is a terrific song alright. That movie also has that outstanding 'alli illam poovo'. I don't tire repeating this but if I were to choose only 'one' Raja it will be the 80s Raja in Malayalam. The amount of melody hidden in these songs is just unbeatable. He operates at a different zone altogether here.

Yes Suresh , I have been stunned by listening to some of his Malayalam Compositions recently . The soothing feel and soul you get cannot be replicated.
Should definitely collect the cd from you containing hits of Raja's 80s Malayalam works very soon .

KV
19th January 2012, 06:12 PM
Erotica+Janaki+bass+violins+flutes+syncopations = ecstasy!
Kannukkula thookam pOchu (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3629'&lang=en) (therkathi kallan), another first time listen.

KV
19th January 2012, 06:14 PM
Ushaji, naa innum PEP album full aa kEkkala. Ideally, thanks should go to Suresh (for posting this here) and the guy who'd put this up originally!
Nichchayama koodiya seekaram kEttu paakkarEn.

Bala (Karthik)
20th January 2012, 12:24 AM
Erotica+Janaki+bass+violins+flutes+syncopations = ecstasy!
Kannukkula thookam pOchu (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR3628','SNGIRR3629','SNGIR R3630','SNGIRR3631','SNGIRR3632'&lang=en) (therkathi kallan), another first time listen.
KV
Nandri hai. BTW, the link is for "Indhiran Kettadhu"

KV
20th January 2012, 01:29 AM
editeettEn, B(k).

venkkiram
20th January 2012, 01:51 AM
இன்று வீட்டிலிருந்தே அலுவல் வேலை செய்ய வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்ததால் 1990-ம ஆண்டு ராஜாவின் பாடல்களை கேட்டு அசை போடுகிறேன்.

அம்மன் கோயில் திருவிழா - மாஞ்சோலை கிளியிருக்கு
புலன் விசாரணை - குயிலே குயிலே கொஞ்சும் தமிழே
சிறையில் பூத்த சின்ன மலர் - ஆலோலம் பாடும் தென்றலே, வாசக் கருவேப்பிலையே, அதிசய நடமிடும் அபிநய சரஸ்வதியோ
உன்னைச் சொல்லி குற்றமில்லை - சொர்க்கத்தின் வாசப்படி
கவிதை பாடும் அலைகள் - உன்னைக் காணாமல் நானேது
அரங்கேற்ற வேளை - தாயறியாத தாமரையே (**இந்தப் பாடலின் ஆரம்பம் முதல் கடைசி வரை ஒவ்வொரு வினாடியும் நம்மை ஏமாத்தியிருக்கிறார் ராஜா. கடைசி பத்து வினாடிகள் சொர்க்கம்! சாஷ்டங்கமா விழுந்திட வேண்டியதுதான். பாடல் முழுவதுமே Medley வகையைச் சார்ந்தது)

P_R
20th January 2012, 02:50 PM
Listened to My Dear MaarthaaNdaan album today after ages.

What excellence!

'Main' songs

uttAlakkadi - simple start so you get the idea then second geer then silambaattam. SPB - he hits it out of the park and has some to spare.
iLavattam kai thattum - the drum start, gets frenetic as proceedings heat up, trumpet enna pOdu pOduthu paar, SJ-SPB: best ever, second interlude - where the hell did that come from, the chorus at different pitches - sometimes for an entire refrain, sometimes for half-a-line - eththanai :bow:
azhagu nilavu - Mano-vai naama thittakkoodu. SFeeB irukkumbOdhu ivar edhukku Mano-vai paada vaikkiRaar. Reasonably song but nothing too captivating.
saththam varaamal - prelude announces the song is epic in scope, chorus - edhunA senjikittE irukkAinga (not just hawA hawalA raaNi - it's hilarious how sincerely they sing this gibberish :lol:), Mano - :x same comments as earlier apply.
pAkku veththalai - start, dugududagududugudu :lol: chorus, trumpet-guitar 1st interlude, second is shenai?, SPB - what a singer can bring to a song :clap: Oru sax appappo chips in with maximum effect. It's like some lazy guy sitting in a corner wants to join the party now and then.

Mini songs
aaduthu paar - yeah the voice contortion is gimmicky - but fun tune anyway
kalyANa mAppiLLaikku - enna adi!
o maharAja - lovely one. vaRavERpOm ho ho ho varavENdum ho ho ho
My Dear MarthANdaan - joy in audio format. vERa enna solla? Last night I found this song when spring cleaning my PC. Listened to it umpteen times last time. And then decided to listen to album today.

One of my favouright albums of all time :clap: :bow:

KV
20th January 2012, 06:11 PM
Nandhavanam poothirukkudhu - Illam (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/album.php?ALBID=ALBIRR00189&lang=en)
Killer pallavi, kickass ludes, some great bass lines and drumming. Strangely for a Raaja song, the charanams (where he shifts to a folkish tune and orchestration, but the blending isn't that nice, say, unlike in Poogatru pudhiranadhu) here kinda don't match up to the pallavi. Btw, there are two copies available in Thiraipaadal and both play at different tempos (one seems a bit slow and the other a little fast!). Can someone point me to a good version of this song?

KV
20th January 2012, 06:53 PM
Idhu ilamail ilamai (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0171'&lang=en) - bass score, araajagam! \m/ \m/

KV
20th January 2012, 07:01 PM
And another from the same album - Maama maalai nEram (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR0174'&lang=en). Myna Thambi Ramiah baashaila, adangopaththamavane!
Subashree mEdam, 'Return of Endrendrum Raaja' nu vechchu indha paattellaam select pannunga please! :yes:

San_K
20th January 2012, 07:08 PM
அரங்கேற்ற வேளை - தாயறியாத தாமரையே (**இந்தப் பாடலின் ஆரம்பம் முதல் கடைசி வரை ஒவ்வொரு வினாடியும் நம்மை ஏமாத்தியிருக்கிறார் ராஜா. கடைசி பத்து வினாடிகள் சொர்க்கம்! சாஷ்டங்கமா விழுந்திட வேண்டியதுதான். பாடல் முழுவதுமே Medley வகையைச் சார்ந்தது)

WhOA! what a song!

This song and Paattenge (and some others) are very very very very very special songs, I can enjoy like anything

rajkumarc
22nd January 2012, 06:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RG0O9hW35E
Listened to this stunner from Echil Iravugal. I didn't know of its existence until it got uploaded to youtube by some good soul. Have listened to Poomele Veesum and Pootha Malligai before and this one is an equally beautiful song. Superbly rendered by MV & Jency. It's going to be doing the rounds a while for me.

Sunil_M88
22nd January 2012, 06:48 AM
Thedi Vantha Devadhai from Ponnar Shankar

The synth/electronica usage in the prelude is right up my street. The rendition paints a very tipsy scene. The second interlude sees Raja Saab doing a Yuvan but the folk beats keep the sound very Raja-ish to the core. Annanmar Kathai stubbornly didn’t give me chances to listen to any other numbers. But I guess it’s better late than never haha. This composition explores the best of both worlds i.e. synth and folk elements respectively and compared to Raaja Saab’s recent releases this gets the biggest :thumbsup: for tackling experimentation with full throttle. The song might not have many takers due to the mishmash of sounds, but for me this truly is highly inspirational. I feel it’s ahead of its time yet equally delivers a vivid rural feel.

Kunal and Shreya :clap:

V_S
22nd January 2012, 06:53 AM
Wow! Thanks a lot rajkumarc for sharing this rarest gem, especially the video. I remember seeing this film during my school days, but I can only remember Raveendar and Chandrashekar faces in this film. I don't remember listening to this song either. Thanks for introducing. I have other four songs from this film, but not this one. Please also listen to other two gems; Kadarkaraiyil (Nadu ROdu Ithu Namma Veedu) by KJY and Ezhai ViLakku by SPB.

rajkumarc
22nd January 2012, 06:58 AM
You're welcome V_S :smile: MV's rendering almost sounded like IR esp in the pallavi, only when it got to charanam did I make out that it's MV indeed. I will definitely listen to the KJY & SPB numbers that you recommended. Thanks.

V_S
22nd January 2012, 09:21 AM
Eetti is another classic from Maestro. Captain's film. All songs are real diamonds. RajsMed has uploaded all four songs on youtube. Many thanks to him. Here is one of them by S Janaki. Another tribal number from Maestro. Please don't miss the other 3 songs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JLvew1pA2c

http://bit.ly/zfZd0I - Padutha Uranguthillai (MV and VJ)
http://bit.ly/y5yBhR - En Machan Machan (SPB and SJ)
http://bit.ly/x7lYkd - Oru Naal Oru Pozhudhu (SJ)

KV
22nd January 2012, 09:22 AM
thanks rajkumar... lovely song :clap:. Never heard this one before. Boy! This man's treat is never ending! :bow:

Sureshs65
22nd January 2012, 08:09 PM
A very rare Malaylam song. I had it in mp3. Only today a friend is facebook directed me to this youtube upload. Lovely song. I was asked what was the raga. There are traces of Abhogi but is the full song in Abhogi? Typical Raja question. Do give it a listen. You will not regret it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q3RWVJlqBZM

skr
22nd January 2012, 09:09 PM
This is an amazing song uploaded by my good friend today.
Was discussing the song with the uploader as to what was the raga , it looked like Abhogi/Sriranjani
Then i checked that the Ni was differing resulting in the structure Sa Ri2 Ga2 Ma1 Da2 Ni3 Sa | Sa Ni3 Da2 Ma1 Ga3 Ri2 Sa which is in effect Gowrimanohari sans pa .When i looked up in Wiki Janya list , it is classified as Vasanthashree (Amba Manohari) , never heard of this before :)
Raja magic yet again
This is a song im highly addicted to.

Btw there is a Tamil version of this song also
Poove Pani Poove from Nilavu Suduvathillai sung by S Janaki
http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2371'&lang=en

app_engine
23rd January 2012, 09:19 PM
The songs that played during the drive this morning :

boopALam isaikkum poomakaL oorvalam (chAral ninnu pOyi aka thooRal ninnu pOchchu, KJY-UR, early 80's)

pazhamudhirchchOlai enakkAkaththAn (remake of 'ennennum kaNNEttandE' called 'varusham 16', KJY, late 80's)

chinna maNeekkuyilE mella varum mayilE (amman kOyil kizhakkAlE, SPB, mid 80's)

uRavukaL thodar kadhai uNarvukaL siRu kathai (avaL appadiththAn, KJY, late 70's)

thenRal vandhu theeNdum pOthu (avathAram, IR-SJ, mid-90's)

People know very well, from elementary school text books, that the mAmA who was born on Nov 14 is very fond of rOjAppoo chinna rOjAppoo (not the song, the actual flower).

It does not mean that he was ONLY fond of rose :wink: (sariththiram "ozhungA"ppadichchAl one can find out what other flowers he liked :lol2:)

Likewise, when someone says "I'm fond of rAsA of early 80's", that does not mean that's the ONLY period when he was superb :-)

wizzy
23rd January 2012, 10:02 PM
Hey myna from Maveeran. quintessential 80s club song...funky tune and horns to complement it.

http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs='SNGIRR2012'&lang=en (http://www.thiraipaadal.com/tpplayer.asp?sngs=%27SNGIRR2012%27&lang=en)

KV
23rd January 2012, 11:11 PM
kickass pick, wizzyman! Pattaya kelappudhu! :thumbsup: (Don't think I've heard this one before :oops:)
//yaaruba adhu DP la? Piragas raasana?//