Thread: Khan Saheb Kamal Haasan's Jamaat/Jeba Koottam/Devasthaanam - Part 8

Threaded View

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber hattori_hanzo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    Moondram Pirai- One movie which still baffles me. Before pelting me with stones for my opinion ( and possible misinterpretation), I hope you read this with an open mind and correct me if I'm wrong (I'm still learning and evolving as a film student).

Kamal, comes across as a bit of a loner who resuces Sridevi and takes the role of her carer willingly. I'm with the director until this point but he completely shocks me when he begins to show a completely sane man who is a teacher (which again borders on a carer role) developing feelings for a woman who has regressed into the mind of a young kid (taking on the teacher-younger student dynamic now) who he knows is in no capacity to return his feelings. It seems twisted and wrong on so many levels and maybe that is what the director intended to accomplish, I have no idea. I have the strongest feeling the romantic angle was introduced for commercial putposes and somehow marred the beauty of what could have otherwise been a world class movie. Any takers to enlighten this young mind??
    I watched the movie long back and I don't remember many of the scenes. But in which scene did you see Kamal show his 'romantic feelings' to Sridevi? The despair and frustration his character shows in the climax are just because she does'nt even remember him. Loneliness and losing a close friend makes him cry.
    ஒரு ஆதிக்க நாயகன் சாதிக்க வந்தால் அடங்குதல் முறை தானோ..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement